132 Comments
  • 132 results
Posted by Media_Master

Time to wait.

Posted by Vendetta

Also, I thought it'd be cool if the game took place before MGS4 on the storyline and the "Big Boss" was actually Solid Snake when the aging process first began to take place. But that isn't him or Solidus, both of them wear their eye patches on their left eye. Naked Snake / Big Boss is the only one of them who wears it on his right eye. Unless the picture shown is him looking into a mirror, that can't be either Solid Snake or Solidus.

Posted by Vendetta

What they should do is have Rising take place over two time periods. Switch back and forth between Raiden in the present, and Big Boss in the '70s post-Portable Ops. Then find a way to relate both stories.

Now that would be something I'd be stoked to play. But I'm pretty excited for this nonetheless.

Posted by Kyle
@killdave said:
" Im excited to see what Sony can deliver, after losing another exclusive game to xbox. "
They didn't lose an exclusive game, MGS4 is still PS3-only and MGS games have been on Xbox before.
Posted by Kyle

Good. There needs to be at least one more game to fill in the rest of Big Boss's story. That was the only thing that kinda bugged me about MGS. Other than, that, I'd be happy to never see another one released. Though, of course, that's already not gonna happen because of MGS: Rising. Oh well, whatever.

Posted by killdave

Im excited to see what Sony can deliver, after losing another exclusive game to xbox.

Posted by Caelasma

And the sun rose. A mask appeared. And subsequently broke. All sound became peaceful. Anyone else seeing this...?

Posted by Vendetta

Being the Metal Gear fanatic that I am, I can't wait to hear more about this project. I hope it's a true successor and not a full-out action game like Brad suspects. I'd be fine with another prequel starring Big Boss, I loved the setting and style of MGS3.

Posted by imazombienazi

isnt it wierd that theres already a new major(?) mgs title a year after mgs 4?

Posted by The_A_Drain
@thiago:

So? What difference does it make? None, it's just as plausable as any the other crazy shit flying around.
Posted by thiago
Steve_C said:
thiago said: The_A_Drain said: thiago said: Steve_C said: Toms115 said: That is definetly Big Boss, those who believe it to ... [more]

All of those things were destroyed. If someone is trying to impersonate him, then it means he is already dead, i.e., the future. The AIs or whoever was left after they were destroyed wouldn't think of Big Boss as a nice guy.

He only became an icon for fans of the Metal Gear series. In the Metal Gear universe he was nothing more than a terrorist.
Posted by Steve_C
thiago said:
The_A_Drain said: thiago said: Steve_C said: Toms115 said: That is definetly Big Boss, those who believe it to be Solidus ... [more]
After MGS3 he's a military icon, known and respected by pretty much every soldier. He's only percieved to be a bad guy towards the end of Metal Gear. He was powerful enough to create Outer Heaven and form Zanzibar Land. After Metal Gear 2 he goes underground.

Admittedly it would be weird if it was Solidus impersonating him though, as by the time he was old enough to look like that, the real Big Boss would be way older.

The big deux ex machina to all this stuff is that it could just be any character using face camo.
Posted by Jotun
MeatSim said:
Wearing eye patches should be more accepted in real life.
There's an older gentleman that lives in my town who where's an eye-patch and an expensive-looking suit and walks with a cane. Probably one of the coolest people in the tri-state area.
Edited by thiago
The_A_Drain said:
thiago said: Steve_C said: Toms115 said: That is definetly Big Boss, those who believe it to be Solidus are wrong. ... [more]

In MGS world it would be like impersonating Osama Bin Laden.
Posted by killdave

Clearly the person in the picture is none other than Duke Nukem !!!

Konami and Kojima Productions Presents Duke Nuken Forever.

Taking up religion worked, thank you GOD

Posted by The_A_Drain
thiago said:
Steve_C said: Toms115 said: That is definetly Big Boss, those who believe it to be Solidus are wrong. If you ... [more]

How stupid are you?

Seriously, i'm curious.

Impersonating an important figure such as Big Boss could be a legitimate reason for wearing an eye patch, yet you imply he's doing it for shits and giggles? Fail troll fails hard.
Posted by TatoBins

The countdown's  finally run down to 00:00:00 again but nothing happened. it's just lighting over a black screen. I kinda hate myself for caring about this. 

Posted by thiago
Steve_C said:
Toms115 said: That is definetly Big Boss, those who believe it to be Solidus are wrong. If you recall, Solidus' ... [more]

Yes, it is fashionable to go out wearing eye patches when you don't actually need them. (sarcasm)
Posted by Unlogik

So the letters are spelling "e3 PRESS CONFERENCE"

We are just missing the N and F, but there is still one more animation coming at the end of this countdown.

Posted by Toms115

@ Steve_C:

Hmm... Good point. I didn't think about that.

Posted by MeatSim

Wearing eye patches should be more accepted in real life.

Posted by Damotello

His beret has the phrase "militaires sans frontieres", or "soldiers without borders" on it. Can anyone think of some significance to this? I can't off the top of my head.

Posted by MackGyver

I'm hoping for a game where you play as Grey Fox going back to the first Metal Gear game. That's when Grey Fox was captured and sent the message "Metal Gear" to Solid Snake to start his mission. Now THAT would be cool.
Give us a MGS game starring Grey Fox!!!!

Edited by TheLegendofLuke

The eyepatch is on the same side of the face as Big Boss. Old Snake has his eyepatchtechviewermajigga on the other eye. Also, the field looks a little like the field at the end of MGS3. If I had to guess I would say it's looking like a follow-up to 3.

E: Then again, Kojima may be a really crazy bastard and have clone-lings of Snake running about in a MGS set even further in the future. That would be rad.

Posted by Steve_C
Toms115 said:
That is definetly Big Boss, those who believe it to be Solidus are wrong. If you recall, Solidus' eye patch ... [more]
Solidus only lost his left eye during the Harrier fight in MGS2. In this picture, the eye patch does't necessarily mean that there's an eye missing, and it could be just to impersonate Big Boss.
Posted by Kush

This whole countdown shiat only annoys me...I hope it does end up being worth all the BS, but I'm expecting to be disappointed with the eventual reveal. I would love to see a new action game starring Raiden..."Ninja Raiden" :P ...but I doubt that would happen. It would be friggin' weird/awesome to find out that this new game is "Metal Gear Raiden" and it's an action game being made in collaberation with Kojima and Itagaki's new team...and exclusive to the X360. That would be insane.

Posted by nick69

Huh, hopefully it's a multiplatform release..

I loved mgs 2, 3, and all the ones for ps1.

Posted by Toms115

That is definetly Big Boss, those who believe it to be Solidus are wrong. If you recall, Solidus' eye patch was on the other side, and he did not have the eye patch until he had super white hair (due to his advanced cellular degeneration).

I personally think the second picture could be Gray Fox. If you look closely, you can see the orange underskin on his armor which if you remember, Gray Fox's exoskeleton had. As for the game, I have no idea.

Posted by get2sammyb
donaldkhogan said:
Why isn't anyone talking about the MULTIPLE characters that flash up on the screen during the llightning flashes. It's not ... [more]
PS3? ;) Haha.
Posted by RVonE

Like you guys talked about on the bombcast, I wouldn't mind a god of war type of game when it has crazy Kojima storytelling and cutscenes. I think that could be exactly what that genre needs.

Posted by DC

Is there a chance it could just be DLC?

Posted by Brackynews

BOSSU!  With the level of detail in that portrait, I think it's a console title.  All the handheld titles choose a more graphic art style for publicity.  This immediately made me think of the MGS4 box.
As noted by Bash in the article, with Raiden meaning the god of lightning, that's certainly my bet.  Or why not both Rai-Jack and Grey Fox?  Double the plotlines with one play mechanic.
Nice to see Kojima smiling in the interview pics.  Why so serious...

Interested to see what Kojima is spelling with the letters and numbers.

Edited by Unlogik

The flash movie embedded in the site actually has the dates and times of when the next movie will be uploaded.

param name="movie" value="frame.swf?lmt01=20090518100000&lmt02=20090522100000&lmt03=20090527100000&lmt04=20090602070000"
According to this, the next one will be June 2nd at 7am (2009 06 02 7:00am). I'm guessing Japan time, so that would be 3pm PST on the 1st. If this is actually true — the countdown doesn't really add up, but I haven't counted 88 hours from now to check. 

A little side note: there is a typo on the website!

Apparently it requires "flash plaryer".

Posted by Tebbit
Pepsicolaboy said:
Oh and another thing!Who precisely is complaining about this whole teaser procession?..Metal Gear fans presumeably enjoy overly elaborate, drawn out ... [more]
lol, touche ;)

Well I'M hyped for it, unless, as someone said before, its another crappy iphone game.
Posted by Pepsicolaboy

Oh and another thing!

Who precisely is complaining about this whole teaser procession?

..Metal Gear fans presumeably enjoy overly elaborate, drawn out fanfare (hence; Metal Gear fan), so that seems entirely idiosyncratic.

..People who dont enjoy MGS? But how does this single website that I found difficult enough to come across in the first place interupt thier everyday lives? It couldn't be, since they'd have to be deliberately observing the site or indeed, the speculation by thier own volition.

Other than realising that I just divided the entire population of earth into those who like MGS and those who dont, I cant think of anyone else.

I.e. Shut up.

Posted by Pepsicolaboy

Ok so im going to put it out there for the critical scrutiny of you all, my peers:
The list of cross platform titles that are amazing is easily as long as the list of fantastic exclusives.

Who cares if this is exclusive or not? As long as you own either system, we all win.

Posted by smokeH

probably multi platform eh?

Posted by Kenny
@coffeesash: It can't be Solidus as his eye patch was on the opposite eye when compared to Big Boss.
Posted by Kenny
@coffeesash: It can't be Solidus as his eye patch was on the opposite eye when compared to Big Boss.
Posted by Otacon

I'm backing the just before MG2 speculation and that character being Gray Fox. Excited whatever it ends up being.

Posted by Arjuna
@TomA: Fine choice of words.  "Retarded"...  Bravo, sir.  And what more appropriate place to call MGS retarded than in a thread sure to be frequented by MGS fans?...  hahaha!
Posted by Insectecutor

I could care less because I care a little bit.

Posted by TomA

I could care less cause MGS is retarded.

Posted by Kenzo287

oh i get it he wanted to fool everyone into thinking Raiden would be the star when it was really Gray Fox

Posted by KommanderCevin

right now, their site is a lightening storm over a field but a letter is flashing with every lightening bolt. I wonder what it spells.

Posted by Gloobus

I can see how a bunch of people hate this kinda of tease, but for the hardcore fans of Metal Gear, the ones who actually like watching all the cutscenes and all the crazy shit that goes on in the games, this sort of thing is right up our alley. I can't see Kojima or a Metal Gear game doing anything but something like this anymore, and I for one, love it.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Well, It is Metal Gear at least. So it will be crazy and awesome at the same time.

Posted by donaldkhogan
@ZeroCast: Fo sho son!!  Well said.
Posted by pepper

Seems kinda soon since MGS 4

Posted by ZeroCast

Some people say it's a Portable Ops sequel others say its a MGS3 Era type of game, you know what i say?

It's a Kojima game and it's going to effin' Rock.

• 132 results