65 Comments
  • 65 results
Posted by Kou_Leifoh

Here's a better intro for that game.

Posted by Bigandtasty

I always love engrish.

Posted by SamuSlave

Maybe it's the time that i grew up, but this sort of thing stills holds a warm charm to me.

Posted by ZenOtaku

The nonsensical opening is awesome as well. Try a dramatic piece reading for that one as well. =)

Posted by HandsomeDead

To be honest, that description has me more interested than any other description i've read on there.

Posted by Media_Master

yup

Posted by OptimusPrime

Love it.  I wonder how microsoft let it get through.

Edited by Dnky666

When I worked in a music/games store several years back we used to kill time on slower days regaling each other with the descriptions on the back of NEO-GEO Pocket games. God bless the SNK translators and their grasp of  faux import gaming.

Posted by JJOR64

SNK are winner.

Posted by vidiot

From that description, I assume the game is a lot like this:

Pictured: Rock Howard being "rose up" by "legendary wolf" Terry Bogard.

Posted by mrsmiley

haha that reading was fantastic. well done sir.

Posted by Aeterna

When I just glanced over it, it all made sense and I understood it. Upon reading it again though... wtf?

Posted by Vegetto

After reading this, I've only got one question: Are you ok?

Posted by Kratch

This is my new daily affirmation.

Posted by Seppli

I actually read that too. Didn't notice until just now, how fucked up that text is. Guess I didn't pay close enough attention then. Made perfect sense to me at the time. ;D

Posted by Metal_Mills

lolwolves

Posted by Caddy

That truly is amazing.

Posted by ImperiousRix

Jeff feel too asleep.
Downloading Garou: Mark of the Worves making him better feeling.

Posted by SinGulaR

This sure amps up my confidence in my English skills :)

Posted by FlipperDesert

i think that reading is going on my brother's "Here's what happened on the internet this week." pen drive I'm giving to him in a few days. Conglaturations!

Posted by Aaox

Wow. I am going to looking forward to the battle of wolf, but I don't know if how appreciated my Engrish will to be!

Edited by Deadend

lol good old engrish

Posted by InsanePotato

Lol great sound byte Jeff :). Hillarious description

Posted by TobyD81

How's that? I am the Satan of martial arts!

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Yes. I approve.

Posted by shintsurugi

Teh awesome reader is you, Jeff! Broken English for the most amusing win.

Posted by Junpei

A Winner Is You!

Posted by YetiAntics

Braking, eh?

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

For Victoly!

Posted by RHCPfan24

Da Engwish iz FINE 4 a m$$ge b0red.

Posted by Chewii101

Once in a while there should be another All Your Base moment for giggles.

Posted by ElectricHaggis

With it is and how it hits the forest.

Posted by eduardo

Dude... Jeff... did you read the achievements? Broken as hell too.

Posted by skrutop

It winner!

Posted by Captainlunchbox

God, Jeff, this sounds official. This should narrate the trailer.

Posted by TheClap

The new system: Braking.  Hopefully to be in seen in future driving games.

Posted by dannymac

This kind of stuff still cracks me up, especially since it is fairly rare nowadays from what I can tell. My only recent encounter with this sort of broken english is when I foolishly rented Cooking Mama: World Kitchen for my fiance. She played that game for all of two minutes before the sound of the woman's instructions and positive feedback annoyed her so much she vowed to never play it. I have a higher level of acceptance for this type of thing as I've lived in the Bay Area for most of my life and I work for Starbucks. Enough said. If you want to hear some high quality, pure, unadulterated broken english, then just check that game out. Actually, don't. In fact, it's better if you just take my word for it. That game is terrible and you'll never get the sounds of "don't worry, mama will help you" out of your head...it still haunts my nightmares.

Posted by SnakeSDR

The text was awesome enough, but then to hear jeff read it in an announcer style voice, pure gold.

Posted by Linkyshinks

lol, it is in keeping with SNK. Awesome news though!!!

Posted by erinfizz

Wow, silly. The audio really sells it. :)

Posted by JokerClown88

Wolves Win!!  

Posted by Agent_Lost

oh man, great stuff

Posted by CitizenKane

You have to love good old Engrish.  Seeing things like that makes my day that much better.

Posted by Alex_Murphy

I don't know why they can't show this to any random english speaking person and ask them how they would say this in normal English speech.

Posted by mooncake

Hey Jeff, what about your thoughts on the actual game? I hear the online is broken, but I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME

Posted by MrChlorophyll

It is make me happy with laughing.

Posted by Crono
@Rhaknar said:
" I love the Engrish in the SNK games, and i love this game as well. Came out in a time where i had "moved on" from fighters (blasphemy i know) so i never actually played it, I didnt even know that it was all new characters except Terry. Its just as good as I always heard to be honest, it helds up great in my opinion. I love the ninja kid, whatever hes called.And from a few matches online, the Ken syndrome is in full force, as all I have faced are Terrys and Rocks :p "
I believe you mean "...only except Terry [Bogard]."
Posted by Chirotera

I wish my name was Geese Howard

Posted by Rhaknar

I love the Engrish in the SNK games, and i love this game as well. Came out in a time where i had "moved on" from fighters (blasphemy i know) so i never actually played it, I didnt even know that it was all new characters except Terry. Its just as good as I always heard to be honest, it helds up great in my opinion. I love the ninja kid, whatever hes called.

And from a few matches online, the Ken syndrome is in full force, as all I have faced are Terrys and Rocks :p

Posted by Sanj

lmao, awesome.

• 65 results