18 Comments
Posted by GamerGeek360

I'm back! I think I'm going to do these on Mondays from now on because during the weekend I never feel like typing up a blog. Only one game this week and I think you all know which one it is...

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS:
KUNG FU PANDA
630/1000 Points
23/39 Achievements

Name:
Level 2 100% Completion!
Description: Completed level "Tournament of the Dragon Warrior" 100%.
Acquired: July 13, 2009

Name: Level 1 100% Completion!
Description: Completed level "Po's Dream" 100%
Acquired: July 13, 2009

Name: Ultimate Dragon Warrior
Description: All Upgrades have been purchased.
Acquired: July 12, 2009

Name: Panda Stumble Warrior
Description: Obtained a Hit Chain of 5 or higher using only Panda Stumble.

Name: Level 4 100% on Dragon Warrior!
Description: Completed level "Protect the Palace" 100% on Dragon Warrior Level.

CURRENT GAMERSCORE:
19,321 Points

So obviously I'm going back through to get the rest of the achievements. But today I decided I couldn't handle going back through the game again. I might go back through it if I feel like it but I have now put in Indiana Jones and I'm going to be playing that too. Once I'm done with those, I plan on going back to Mass Effect. Of course I will have my Tiger Woods 10 and Rock Band games thrown in the mix at randomly.

Until next time, ugh...I got nothing.
-Gamer Geek360

Posted by RHCPfan24

Kung Fu Panda.........YAY!!

Well, is it any good? I haven't played it yet but you are racking up points like a mofo so now I am jealous ;)

Posted by JJOR64

I actually heard the the Kung Fu Panda game wasn't to bad.  :-P

Posted by GamerGeek360

@RHCPfan24: Yeah the points are easy.

@JJ0R64: It's not bad for a kids/movie tie-in game.

Posted by Claude

I'm curious to see how you do with Tiger Woods 10 and achievements. I'm playing the Wii version, but I can still get a feeling of how good you are or how much you play the game.

Posted by Vinchenzo

Your achievements are weak GamerGeek! WEAK!

Posted by GamerGeek360
@Claude: I looked at the achievements and they seem to take a while to get. However, the first tournament of the career I did terrible at. But the second one I'm currently doing I only have one round left in and I'm -5 so that's not bad. I plan on getting better too.
Posted by GamerGeek360
@Vinchenzo: What do you mean weak? You're weak!!!
Posted by Bucketdeth

My girlfriend beat Kung Fu Panda, she said it was fun.

Posted by Bigandtasty

Yeah people say KFP is easy to 1000/1000 but I think there are a few annoyances in there (like the "complete the game without dying" and "complete a level without getting hit".

Posted by End_Boss

Kung Fu Panda? Seriously?

... You have disappointed me this day.

Posted by JJWeatherman

Dude, I don't see how you play through mind-numbing games just for achievements. It's all good though I have a friend that does the same thing.    :  )

I say just go play Tiger Woods 10 and Rock Band. Forget all the crap games.

Posted by GamerGeek360
@JJWeatherman: Well I see how you can say Kung Fu Panda is mind-numbing but I'm playing Mass Effect too. And that is not mind-numbing at all! That is a great game!
Posted by JJWeatherman
@GamerGeek360 said:
" @JJWeatherman: Well I see how you can say Kung Fu Panda is mind-numbing but I'm playing Mass Effect too. And that is not mind-numbing at all! That is a great game! "
Yeah I was just talking about Kung-Fu Panda and Indiana Jones. But I'm sure you have played other games even worse than those for points.   :P

I love Mass Effect too. I'm an idiot for selling it to Gamestop back in the day. It was that game sale that made me realize how stupid it is to sell games to Gamestop. Haven't sold one since then and I plan to keep it that way.
Posted by jakob187

Bout to finally break 20K!!!  GO GO GO!!!

I'm on the hunt for 30K right now, but I've been caught up in Red Faction Guerrilla with StarFoxA and Metroid545 lately...so it's slow going.  But, I pulled 300+ on Prince of Persia before realizing I didn't dig it, so I took it back and picked up Stranglehold instead.
Posted by Claude
@jakob187 said:
" Bout to finally break 20K!!!  GO GO GO!!!

I'm on the hunt for 30K right now, but I've been caught up in Red Faction Guerrilla with StarFoxA and Metroid545 lately...so it's slow going.  But, I pulled 300+ on Prince of Persia before realizing I didn't dig it, so I took it back and picked up Stranglehold instead.
"
You know Jakob, if you weren't so late to the party. You would be giving Mr. Vinchenzo a run for his money. How many points have you accrued since you got serious?
Edited by jakob187
@Claude said:
" @jakob187 said:
" Bout to finally break 20K!!!  GO GO GO!!!

I'm on the hunt for 30K right now, but I've been caught up in Red Faction Guerrilla with StarFoxA and Metroid545 lately...so it's slow going.  But, I pulled 300+ on Prince of Persia before realizing I didn't dig it, so I took it back and picked up Stranglehold instead."
You know Jakob, if you weren't so late to the party. You would be giving Mr. Vinchenzo a run for his money. How many points have you accrued since you got serious? "
If I were "serious" about it, I'd be breaking 50K by now.  Unfortunately, I don't want games like Open Season, Avatar, Cars, and Night at the Museum tainting the profile (which is why there are 0 points in most of those kinds of games...I still feel that Sneak King was a pretty cool little game for $4.00, so back off all you King haters!!!).  Also, I don't have a ton of buddies that have XBL to boost some multiplayer stuff with.

Nonetheless, I still give it to Vinchenzo, as he is dedicated to his craft to know the ins and outs, as well as the shortcuts.  Despite whether or not someone thinks that the achievement points are from games that are quote/unquote "worth it"...he still took the time to get the points.  He works smarter, not harder...and that is more than perfectly acceptable.

With that, I'll say that I might have boosted an achievement or two here and there ("Are You A God?" from Ghostbusters comes to mind for an easy 100G), but I still had to do work.  I might not have done AS MUCH work, but it means I'm working smarter...not harder.

And to answer your question...I'm at 28,205 right now...and I started the so-called "whoring" at about 7,500 - 8,000 right before Left 4 Dead came out.  Everything up until that point had basically been just me playing for the Hell of playing.

Nonetheless, there are some that could slam me for the fact that my XBL profile is not my own personal profile, but instead a profile for the place I work at.  I play on lansharx54, but there are lansharx50 thru lansharx69 that exist.  Usually, I try to place people on every Xbox that isn't 54 to try and keep the gamerscore as pure me as possible, and I have also taken the extra step of playing through most of the highly popular games in order to attain the majority of the "easy" achievements.

Funniest thing is that as much as I hate Halo 3...Alas, Poor Yurick was ALL ME!!!  Now, if I only gave enough of a shit about the game to go back through on Legendary...and actually play the multiplayer more often...
Posted by GamerGeek360
@jakob187: I think for the most part I'm like you but only in the fact that I play most games that I would enjoy playing anyways. I wouldn't of played Kung Fu Panda if my friend didn't buy the elite and let me borrow it. I mainly borrowed it for Indiana Jones because I love the Lego games. BTW, long comment, man lol.