197 Comments
  • 197 results
Edited by Creamypies

Nearly upskirt box art FTW!

Posted by bennym6

awesome
Posted by Devil240Z

I have almost no respect for this series anymore.

Posted by Bolduk
@Rinkalicous said:
" The xbox version gets more leg. Therefore it is better.  Microsoft knows what we want. And they're willing to deliver it. "
The PS3 boxes are smaller, that's why. I play the game, I don't care for the box art.
Posted by tomte

less then 2 weeks left now, sweeeeeeetttttttttttt :)

Posted by Andrewoh

this looks boring as fuck

Posted by RsistncE

OH MY GOD I'M CHUBBING UP BECAUSE OF ALL THAT INNER THIGH.

Ok I understand that was wholly inappropriate. Re-do?

Posted by UnrulyRuffian

Where did they find the presenter guy in the video? Cheese-tastic.

Posted by jdostine

Does the xbox live insignia in the upper right mean there's an online element to the game?
Posted by foggel

We'll know the release dates 3.9.2010?

Posted by Skald
@araczynski said:
"  sigh, can't they just divide all the combat numbers by a 1000 and stop with the number thorwups all over the screen?  mixed feelings about the whole series for ages now.  loved the beginning, but skipped the last half dozen or so, not really into the metrosexual anime gymnast thing that japan seems to can't get enough of. "
Final Fantasy 6 is all you really need anyway. 
Box looks OK. New concept idea: clockwork swords.
Posted by lasersanchez

Snow, Lightning, Vanille, & Hope?  I think I have to start working on my fanfic right now!

Posted by Black_Rose

It looks really simple but cool, I like it. 

Posted by Keeng
@araczynski said:
"  sigh, can't they just divide all the combat numbers by a 1000 and stop with the number thorwups all over the screen?  mixed feelings about the whole series for ages now.  loved the beginning, but skipped the last half dozen or so, not really into the metrosexual anime gymnast thing that japan seems to can't get enough of. "
Dude, you missed some fantastic games. 
Posted by araczynski

sigh, can't they just divide all the combat numbers by a 1000 and stop with the number thorwups all over the screen?  mixed feelings about the whole series for ages now.  loved the beginning, but skipped the last half dozen or so, not really into the metrosexual anime gymnast thing that japan seems to can't get enough of.

Posted by Keeng

God, I hope this game is good. 

Posted by blaakmawf
@Stilts559 said:
" Screw "Some Guy" Mega64 mastered it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQhjSaXOjM&feature=player_embedded "
He did the skit.
Posted by cspiffo
@Fragstoff said:
" that dude is pretty hot "
LOL!!!
Posted by WinterSnowblind
@Elazul said:
" @jakob187 said:
" Bland as fuck! "
If you think that's bad check out the European box art:

Same as always... "
That's much better, it follows the tradition of just showing the logo that ALL twelve other games have followed.
Besides, that's not our box art.  The first image released on the new one with Lightning had the PEGI logo.
Posted by GeneralMojo_786

Lightning looking "tight" xO

Posted by Slippy

Looks pretty bad. I guess no one gets good FFXIII box art this time - good bye, sweet minimalist European box art.

Posted by Bouke

Obviously the 360 is the better version!! She shows way more leg in that one!
Posted by Stilts559

Screw "Some Guy" Mega64 mastered it. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQhjSaXOjM&feature=player_embedded

Posted by liquidsol

I've always hated the 360 branding.  In my opinion, branding should be color neutral.  A big green logo ruins the box art for some games.  RE5 is a good example.

Posted by memo

i thought it would be better...oh wells...im still excited about the game though

Posted by moush

Damn the short ps3 box.

Posted by TheGreatGuero

So it is a girl! Okay, now that has finally been settled.

Posted by ptys

Obviously trying to sell the game on sex appeal... Works for me!

Posted by hpv

Pretty lame box art.  It's really hard to call a winner here, usually it'd be PS3 without even being close because of Microsoft's hideous green and white header, but on this one they do get the whole saddlebag...

Posted by CrescentFresh

sexy

Posted by strangeling
@Gill said:
" @strangeling said:

Apparently, _this_ cover has been flipped. The cover art shows her left handed, but the videos I watched show her right-handed. "

Well, if we're going to get technical. If the image was flipped then her hair would also be flipped, however its not. Her shoulder armour would be on her right instead of her left, but its not. Obviously she was made to hold her weapon in her left hand specifically for the cover. "
Very true. 
They probably don't really care about staying true to what hand the character uses.  It's probably more along the lines of, "this pose is cool, but we need to show her holding her weapon too." 

I'm not even sure why I care enough to bring this stuff up.  I've given up on FF games.  They always look pretty, but I can't stand to play them.
Posted by Gill
@strangeling said:

Apparently, _this_ cover has been flipped. The cover art shows her left handed, but the videos I watched show her right-handed. "

Well, if we're going to get technical. If the image was flipped then her hair would also be flipped, however its not. Her shoulder armour would be on her right instead of her left, but its not. Obviously she was made to hold her weapon in her left hand specifically for the cover.
Posted by nickystixx

looks very clean. i cant wait for this one.

Posted by Media_Master

Looks fine.

Posted by Beforet
@strangeling said:
that should be taken into consideration when designing a cover.
Imma gonna to go on a limb and say they probably did take that into consideration...
Posted by The_Big_Rough

its going to be so awesome cant wait!!!!!

Posted by PhilSebben

They both look awful and uncreative; can't they create some new art for the box? The background looks completely lifeless...

Edited by strangeling
@august said:

" @strangeling said:

" Cover art rated "T" for "Take a look at my crotch."  "
Quality post right here. "
I think maybe I should clarify. 
I'm not commenting on the art / design itself, just the placement of the rating in relation to the main figure.  If the rating _always_ has to appear in the lower left corner, that should be taken into consideration when designing a cover. 
- - - - - - - - 
Also, I started thinking about what it'd look like if they flipped the cover art, so the rating wasn't right between her legs.  I thought about how I hate when people do that, especially in cases like this, as it'd make her "wrong-handed."  Which prompted me to rewatch some of the videos.  Apparently, _this_ cover has been flipped.  The cover art shows her left handed, but the videos I watched show her right-handed.
Posted by Elazul
@jakob187 said:
" Bland as fuck! "
If you think that's bad check out the European box art:

Same as always...
Posted by Irregular

The cover art would've been better off with just a white background and the ff13 logo. It'd still be bland, but at least I wouldn't be tempted to look at lighting's bare thigh..and then feel deep shame and self-loathing...

Posted by jakob187

Bland as fuck!

Posted by Meteora
@FunExplosions said:
" @Meteora said:
" Isn't the PS3 branding normally on the side, and not on the top like the 360? I find this weird for me. "
They changed it recently, thanks to the heavy(and rightly placed) criticism that stated it looked way too much like the Spiderman logo. "
Oh about bloody time. I didn't like the spiderman font either, though I don't like the new one on top either. I liked the PS2 one which says "PlayStation 2". It seems to take up more space and not make it empty. Also don't really like the gradient. =/

Meh.
Posted by Synthballs

Is that a Gunblade? I dunno if I'll be checkin this out or not. Pretty though.

Posted by Gruff182
@PureRok said:

" @Gruff182 said:

" The UK/European box Art always looks cooler then the North American versions. Always keeping the same theme on each iteration of FF. Hopefully this is just the US version.  As a student of 3D however, thats a really nice render and has been my desktop BG for a while. "
The EU version was shown first, and it's identical to this, as anyone who read the forums would know. "
 Ahh, ok.

Well thats a tad daft, changing the style for the PAL version after all these years.
Posted by InfiniteGeass

I like the box art. I have never played I Final Fantasy, so this will be the first.

Posted by august
@Red said:
" Looks pretty boring, actually. I mean, game be about stuff other than Lightning. "
Unfortunately.
Posted by august
@strangeling said:
" Cover art rated "T" for "Take a look at my crotch."  "
Quality post right here.
Posted by Yellowshirts

dude... the pic of lightning is not needed.... why cant they just keep to the classic box art look?

Posted by Coleslaw893

Me likey

Posted by Red

Looks pretty boring, actually. I mean, game be about stuff other than Lightning.

• 197 results