197 Comments
  • 197 results
Posted by Brad

I can't say we're really in the habit of posting much box art around here (well, OK... maybe now and again), but I figured I would bring the newly released Final Fantasy XIII cover to your attention. I figure a few of you are interested in it. You tell me. 

Thoughts? Looks pretty tasteful to me personally, other than the whole bare-inner-thigh thing.  

I would remind you when this game is coming out, but you'd do better to take it from this guy.  

Edited by EpicSteve

It's cool, I guess. Some people are interested in box art reveals, but that's not me.

Edited by luce

Wow..im getting dejavu

Didn't a user post this a while back? I may be wrong

Cool, simple looking boxart. Its a Japanese game though so..more boobs

Posted by Baillie

That looks heavy.

Posted by blaakmawf

Needs more thigh.

Posted by damswedon

dude if you squint you can see her beaver.

Edited by MrKlorox

Well.... they're sticking with the same white background style they've been with since the PS1 era.

Perhaps I should start a White background boxart page.

Posted by Rinkalicous

The xbox version gets more leg. Therefore it is better. 

Microsoft knows what we want. And they're willing to deliver it.

Posted by Meteora

Isn't the PS3 branding normally on the side, and not on the top like the 360? I find this weird for me.

Posted by eroticfishcake

This the North American cover or does Europe get the same cover? Personally it looks alright but covers aren't a big deal for me.

Edited by Luke
Posted by Catarrhal

Arguably the best cover art they've had since VII, I'd say.  It is kind of lame how the PlayStation cover is cropped, though.  Really, I'm not too sure about much of the character design in this installment… especially that damn kid who looks like Tidus Jr.

Edited by Blair

I'm not really a fan of the box art, at all.

Oh well, this doesn't hinder my demand for the game.

I'll still be there day one to get it.

Posted by guiseppe

I still think it looks unofficial. It's the black/white gradient they have as a backgroud that does that for me. I like it, but I think I would have liked it better in just plain white.

Posted by darkjester74

It's fine I guess, nothing very special.  Then again, it doesn't need to be.  Either you want FF13 or you don't...the box art doesn't need to sell the game to you.

Posted by Dan

It's not white with just a stylish logo, and that greatly disappoints me. Putting a render of the main character on the front is just terrible box art design.

Posted by DrBobUK

I love me some thigh.

Posted by VWGTI

Looks fine to me.

Posted by DaemonBlack
@Rinkalicous said:
" The xbox version gets more leg. Therefore it is better.  Microsoft knows what we want. And they're willing to deliver it. "
I like this.
Posted by ApertureSilence

The 360 version wins.

Posted by blaakmawf

The graphics on the ps3 boxart are way better than the 360 boxart.

Posted by OllyOxenFree

I hope there is a special collector's edition with ballin' looking art.

Posted by TzarStefan

It's fake people...

Edited by Noodles

This is the only game I could possibly care about as far as a box art reveal goes. Hype Level: Rising!

Edited by crusader8463

At least this one gives you an idea of what your getting with the game.

Normally i like these simple designs but i just don't like the character design of the person on the cover, it just look like a generic anime sci-fi girl and doesn't give any hint at what the game inside is about. I know it is FF every one knows what it is going to be about, but believe it or not there are people out there who might not follow every new game coming out, or haven't been following this particular FF release and have no idea what the game is about other then what is on the box.

I have had zero interest in this game since they started showing it, as everything about it just looks terribly cliche and generic so i suppose i am kind of biased on my opinion of the design. That said though I still think dragon age did this style of design the best. Also i agree with others and that this does look like one of those fake photoshopped pics some kid does with the first screen shots they release when he first finds a game is going to be made.
Edited by MrKlorox
@OllyOxenFree said:

" I hope there is a special collector's edition with ballin' looking art. "

The only way it could get more ball-in' with that costume is if she were a man.
Posted by AuthenticM

I don't understand the commotion with her thighs. It's not distasteful at all. Get over it.

Posted by Geekcore

I like it, but I honestly want more  Yoshitaka Amano (FFVI) artwork. The logo has the Amano feel, but I want some classic stylized characters designs. 

Edited by dankempster
@Dan said:

" It's not white with just a stylish logo, and that greatly disappoints me. Putting a render of the main character on the front is just terrible box art design. "

You can pretty much guarantee the European box art will be, though. They all have been since VII, after all. This is a US box art, and the US box arts have always had renders of characters on them.
Posted by ZeForgotten

Kinda sad to see that the ones were getting in Europe has been butchered to look like that too. 
Oh well, I guess I won't be looking at the box art anymore. Now I can spend more time playing the game =D

Posted by Eelcire

Hoping for a steel-book  limited edition release in NA; but nice boxart.

Posted by b

If this is the same as what the European cover will be I'm kinda disappointed. I always loved that the Final Fantasy game covers were always just the logo on a white background - the best proof that the name alone is all they need to sell these games. 

Regarding this image specifically, it's ok. I'm glad they kept it relatively simple. Less is definitely more here. Don't want to over-clutter it and take any attention away from the fact that it's the NEXT FINAL FANTASY GAME :O

Posted by Nexas

Hopefully we'll get a special edition with some Amano art, because this does nothing for me.

Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror

I hope SE keeps with a tradition and give the EU the simple Title and emblem on a straight white background like it has done since Final Fantasy 7, it's doesn't look right with anything else on it.

Posted by AndrooD2

"Looks pretty tasteful to me personally, other than the whole bare-inner-thigh thing."

Oooo, Brad -- you sensitive 21st Century Guy you. Scandalous! Inner thigh! Next hing you know woman everywhere will be walking down the street with their ankles exposed! I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

Posted by EVO

Meh. Hopefully the PAL box art is different.

Posted by deaux

That was a cruel joke, Brad.

Posted by DrRandle

Eh, that's kind of lame looking to me. I much prefer the box art's to the DS final fantasies that just have the game's title and a sweet logo. FFIV had a great box cover for DS.

Posted by Balaamsafe

That is a weird video

Posted by Cerza

There is simple yet effective which would be Dragon Age or the more traditional box art they have done for past Final Fantasy games like FFVII. Then there is a less than 5 min half assed slap together job, which is what this is.

Posted by VicRattlehead
@RhombusOfTerror: as soon as i seen this i thought the exact same thing.................
Edited by GunnBjorn

Some people predicate they favor one box art over the other. 
But they are identical! 
The only discernable difference is in the scaling. 
I find the overall design a bit flat and uninteresting. 
Other than that, they nailed it perfectly. 
The story is about a bunch of ridiculously good-looking youths, battling the forces of evil. 
Posted by lightsoda

Don't really care since I'll probably see this two times in my life, once when getting the disc out of box and once when putting it back. 

That said, I don't dislike the cover.

Posted by zombie2011
@Rinkalicous said:
" The xbox version gets more leg. Therefore it is better.  Microsoft knows what we want. And they're willing to deliver it. "
This is why i'll be getting it on the 360.
Edited by JackSukeru

Kind of looks...boring to me. Then again I've been so-so over most of the other FF boxarts, with them being mostly white with some random whirl of purple and yellow in the middle. 
But at least that made them recognizeable even if I wasn't that into 'em. 

Well except for the FFIV DS boxart, that was freaking awesome. 

Edit: oh wait, FF12 boxart was actually pretty cool to.

Posted by LiquidPrince

Looks great.

Posted by skrutop

blah.

Posted by Branthog

DON'T BE FOOLED! I bet it's just a really effeminate DUDE!

Posted by MrKlorox
@Branthog: I see no nuts.
Posted by Linkyshinks

360 one looks better. ....

• 197 results