Posted by George_Hukas

So nice not waiting for the next ep...

Edited by ripelivejam

every day is great at your junes

...i'm already addicted :(

Edited by Seaborgium
Posted by Duffyside
Edited by tineyoghurt

I like how this started with 10-20 minute episodes and escalated to maddening one and a half hour extravaganzas.

Posted by Talon64

@clumsyninja1: um no fucking kidding the game's based in Japan but I meant this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_English

when they joked about Nanako being in special school.

Posted by clumsyninja1

@Talon64: Is Japan not China. Don't be ignorant

Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

"Shes a special student"

Posted by KWA223

Who can imagine THAT hanging from an antenna?

Posted by Talon64

game epilogue: Nanako gets transfered to a Disney school in China.
Posted by Ruthisacrumpet

This is just awesome.

Posted by TheKing
@MormonWarrior:  Yeah totally, I was just going to post the same thing.
Posted by MormonWarrior

I love how Jeff is totally mocking this game, but he ends up REALLY loving it.

Posted by glanesb

So...much..fun.
LOve the day in a life of a japanese student. Thanks Giant Bomb

Posted by DoctorWelch

I know Jeff said there is no way that they are going to play P5 for the next ER, but honestly the game is soooooooooo much better watching them play it.

Posted by ashogo
@killdave said:
" £20 bet that you guys don't finish this game via these video features.Good to listen to and funny (honest!) but you really need to make episodes longer i think. "
I hope the check has been sent?
Posted by Pie

Shortest ER episode ever?

Posted by TheHT

[she goes to a special school]

Posted by Sigwood

"Nothing catches my eye, it's too fast"  

lol

Posted by Scrawnto

Rolling student is my hero..

Posted by Dooops

ROFL - I accidently impaled myself on this antenna LOL

Stealing Wrestlemania :)

Posted by Winternet
@darkspirit138: Totally
Posted by darkspirit138

8 minutes...nowadays people would kill themselves if they saw that.

Posted by golguin

This episode was freaking great.  I want to sing the Junes song at my school.

Posted by Venatio

I love these videos, Jeff and Vinny, you guys made me order this game and when its released tomorrow here in Europe Im gonna get it

Posted by Goly

MY GOD THIS GAME SUCKS

Posted by AspiringAndy

This could become the next Hit machinima!
I love this stuff!

Posted by LordAndrew

Oh, it's definitely a game. It just has a rather long intro.

Posted by Seram

I love how people are getting so worked up about this. To everyone who's like really into Persona, Vinny already said he really liked Persona 3, so get over it.

Posted by ep_driver

Is this even a game?!?!!? At least GB is making this entertaining to watch.

Posted by Kazona

Do a barrel roll!

Posted by Karmann

where's part 5?!? not up yet?

Edited by LifeByDegrees

"

super_mega_guy
on Feb. 12, 2009
Ok, I love Giant Bomb just as much as the next guy here, but I can't imagine how pissed off the makers of this game would be if they watched these videos. Imagine how much time and effort went into making this game. And Vinny and Jeff are making fun of just about everything about it. But from what I've seen from these videos, I would absolutely love this game soooo much. So I find it hard to belieave that they can constantly crap on such a great game. PS. I still love Giant Bomb to death and I actualy like these vids cuz their funny."

I don't think they're making more fun of it than any normal pair of 12 year old boys would. They definitely don't hate the game. Persona is also one of those games your supposed to laugh at a bit- both for its direct humor- and the randomness that proceeds to happen. In the long run- you can get sucked into the upkeep of the various relationships- or the detail of the combat system.

But for me personally- their cliffhangers are pretty close to my own experience- where your never quite exactly sure what is going to happen next- but you have a fairly reasonable idea- followed up by a bunch of curveballs that either mess with your entire perspective on the world- or line up perfectly. Its a part of the fun.

I also think that the Persona developers are probably happy as can be to see any kind of serious attempt by Americans to get the game that they put so much effort into.  Persona does what Japan does best- and occasionally- worst. So to have more Americans messing around in the strange world that some might call a dating sim can only be seen as a boon to them- as long as they're literally not burning down the potential Persona house in the US.

I've read basically every comment on all the episodes so far- and oddly enough- the percentage of those interested in actually purchasing the game after watching is significantly higher than those who just don't get it or find any fun in the concept at all. Maybe that will change over the episodes- but I'm thinking that's somewhat reliant on whether Vinny and Jeff give up. If they give up two hours in- well- that would not be the best commentary on the game. If they don't give up- however- I'd presume a lot of copies will have been sold due to their playing the game.

Yes- a lot of the value of Persona is plot line- but much like GTA- a good portion of the fun of the plot line and the events and combat that surround it- is acting like a complete crazy in the process.

Crazy being defined in this case as going around berating people over the head and sitting around in a coffee shop all day when your not swimming laps and hitting on girls- or- alternatively- obsessively completing every task and challenge put before you as you proceed to max out your stats.

Its kind of  like GTA if it was from Japan- but since I don't particularly enjoy the GTA serie's gameplay- I find it far more enjoyable.
Posted by killdave

£20 bet that you guys don't finish this game via these video features.

Good to listen to and funny (honest!) but you really need to make episodes longer i think.

Posted by piropeople13

I love these videos, favorite feature for sure.

Posted by Meltbrain

Man... after like a few watches of this, the weird almost out of tune piano music at the beginning sticks in my head, and I hate it! Agh!

Posted by SaucySala

Hey man,
Longer videos.
Get on that.

Posted by Tesson

Can't wait until they start grinding for levels.

Posted by English

Love these videos, keep it up!

Posted by sofakingcool

Really? 8 minutes? Do you realize that it will take 450 episodes, thats well over a year, to play the entire game if is indeed 60 hours of gameplay..... cmon you guys I love you but we need at least 30 minute chunks otherwise this is just retarded!

Posted by Ockman

I love these videos, both Vinny and Jeff are so funny! This is like MST3k but with a video game lol

Posted by darklite

plz make it to kanji

Posted by SinGulaR

I would definately whatch all the 200 or so episodes that would come from this :()

Posted by super_mega_guy

Ok, I love Giant Bomb just as much as the next guy here, but I can't imagine how pissed off the makers of this game would be if they watched these videos. Imagine how much time and effort went into making this game. And Vinny and Jeff are making fun of just about everything about it. But from what I've seen from these videos, I would absolutely love this game soooo much. So I find it hard to belieave that they can constantly crap on such a great game. PS. I still love Giant Bomb to death and I actualy like these vids cuz their funny.

Posted by LifeByDegrees

Though they might find a way- I don't know if there is any reason to fear hour long episodes- solely because of the upload time.

• 114 results