152 Comments
  • 152 results
Posted by Agent_Lost

damn, Vinny and Jeff can make it, rest and go back in with full health and SP

Posted by EmillKim

I dig me some Waffles.

Posted by MrRedwine

Like many others, I look forward to coming home after work and watching these videos.  IF this must come to an end, PLEASE do this again with something else.  There have to be TONS of older games you've been meaning to check out and just haven't.  This format has been really great!

Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles

Skipping battles in RPG'S is never a good idea it pretty much guarantees a harder boss fight.  Entertaing stuff though guys, keep it up!

Posted by Captain_Felafel

You guys are going to get wiped out if you don't get a stronger persona soon. I recommend getting the hell out of there, stocking up majorly the next day, getting a strong persona and hope for the best.

Posted by AvataroftheSun

Use the save point to go back to the entrance and rest up. That way it is more epic when you go back to save Yukiko on the last day. Either you win and be the hero or die...and Yukiko dies....

Either way, it is going to be intense.

Posted by asian_pride

My advice is you guys should go back and level up some more. At least level 15 and up. Then fight Yukiko on the next day.

Posted by megalowho

You guys should be okay fighting beyond the door after you rest and get full SP. The main thing to remember (and I'm not the only one sayin it) - if Charlie dies, it's game over. No bringing him back to life like the others. So always heal him first and make sure he can withstand a pretty major hit at all times! Good luck..

Posted by Kazona

Somehow I don't think that was actually the biggest boss in the entire game. Would be funny if it was, though.

Posted by Sarkahn

Hey guys, awesome run so far!

Your very best choice at the moment is to get a slime from the Velvet room, then level it up until it gets Red Wall, which allows you to give Chie fire resistance for a few turns. Once it learns Red wall you should do a triple fusion with Slime, Izinagi and Ukobach to get Senri, and make sure it inherits Red wall. I'm not sure if Senri starts with the Media spell; if not just level him up until he gets it.

If you don't want to bother with that you should at least get a decently leveled persona (any persona) through fusion that has the spell Media and is not weak against fire. Either way, you shouldn't go back home until you've grinded as much as you possibly can with the items and SP you currently have. Ideally you want Charlie to be 15+. Even one or two levels can make a huge difference.

Once you do end up going home, get a new weapon for Charlie, buy as many SP recovering items from the vending machines as you can, see if you can get an accessory for Chie that reduces fire damage, and head back into the dungeon. You can grind a bit more and use the sodas from the vending machines to restore your SP (they only work outside of combat) before you fight the boss.

Once again, just want to say that the Endurance Run is made of pure awesomic! GOOD LUCK!

(PS: You can't go to the liquor store until after you rescue Yukiko!)

Posted by Hailinel

What you should do:

Step 1:  Return to the 7th floor.
Step 2:  Try to level until all of your characters are at least Level 14 so Chie has Mabufu.
Step 3:  Go home, rest, fuse some Personas and try to make one that's strong against fire.
Step 4:  Try not to die while fighting the boss.

Posted by soul101

you guys might want to think about grinding some levels, and the RUSH button is your best friend. 

Posted by HouEvil

This Endurance Run is so good!! so funny, makes 20mins of work fly by! and then i have to sit around for another 8 hours until i can go home :D GiantBomb convinced me to buy a new PS2 and Persona 4... didnt wanna just have one game for that console so i bought Persona 3 FES too... should arrive soon XD

Posted by ZenGaijin

You guys should only set the party to direct control when fighting bosses, otherwise their A.I should be able to take care of themselves and you in fights.

Edited by Eros

I don't know why you guys think this game is so hard. Level 14 is plenty good enough. Granted, their skills with the battle system are... not quite all there yet, with the tremendous luck they have they should be able to beat yukiko as is. I would like to see you try before going home, but you will fail, not because of your level but because you simply do not have enough sp. Go home, come back, and you can beat it.

EDIT: And despite any future comments, grinding will NEVER be required to beat this game, fighting the battles as you climb will give you more than the necessary levels.

Posted by dagas

Never had any problems with the camera in P3, in fact I loved it. I prefer having manual control over the camera rather than auto-control. So if the camera is acting up it's only because you don't use it properly :P

Posted by LiquidPrince

You guys NEED TO BE AT LEAST level 16 for Tunoku, and AT LEAST level 10 for Izanagi, to even stand a chance against Yukiko's shadow.

WARNED!

Posted by CashBailey

You wonder what the hell Brad and Ryan are thinking as they're hearing all this go down.

Posted by FCKSNAP

I think I'm safe in saying that P4 is better than any other JRPG on the more modern consoles. Simply because it's from a developer that is comfortable in what they're doing on the platform that they're on with an established fan base. The latest JRPGs on the newer consoles are all like "This HAS to make money so don't take any risky chances!"

Exceptions would be SRPGs and Actiony titles though, because VanillaWare's RPGs on Wii look promising, and Valkyria is awesome.

Edited by Jedted

Why don't you guys use some of the items you bought to restore your SP?

Posted by cipri

u can just press R1/L1 while looking at ur personas/analyzing enemies during battle =)

Posted by DickDarlington

Yeah, Vinnie really should listen to Jeff when battling. Jeff figured out that you should use ice on the Burning Beetles and that you use wind to "blow the stuff away" from the Laughing Tables. I've never been able to figure out why wind is that monster's weakness and now I know.

Glad to see that Vinnie is still determined to get to the liquor store. I think we should all take a drink when Vinnie finally gets to the liquor store.

Posted by mrsmiley

oooh man. cliff hanger! JUST DO IT. you saved so it's all good.

Edited by anamanaman

Haha. Persona 4 is ridiculous. Can't believe its so highly rated. Good for comedy though.

Tune in tomorrow to see the death of the Investigation Team!

Posted by Ninja

Yeah the reason dodge ice stopped working is because you changed persona.

Posted by bonafider

LEVEL UP!!!!!

your gonna get destroyed!

Posted by OneLetter

I started watching this back around part 14, and I actually picked up a copy of this game due to the videos.  While I've seen many videos surrounding the game, watching this endurance run has shown a lot of intricacies which never really come up in previews/reviews, so it's pretty refreshing.  I'll be watching the rest of these as they continue and hopefully you don't die straight away in Part 22 (even though I fear you will).

Posted by TriangleHard

Where's 22~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys just grinding for a day? I wanna watch that too.

and what happened to 1 online match per day for Street Fighter IV?

Posted by Dudacles

Why'd 22 disappear? :(

Posted by LiquidPrince

I REPEAT:

You guys NEED TO BE AT LEAST level 16 for Tunoku, and AT LEAST level 10 for Izanagi, to even stand a chance against Yukiko's shadow.

WARNED!

Posted by creamclouds

If they've cancelled the show I hope at least they start another endurance run. I guess it's called endurance for a reason. how long can they endure? it'd be nice to see something different anyways.

Posted by PockyG

That horse is totally doing a blue steel pose to those enemies.

Posted by zipperface

Yeah, it's not a Let's Play or anything where you expect the person(s) to complete the game. As much as I've enjoyed these videos they do seem to be losing steam. At first it had an MST3K vibe going on, the guys were having fun joking around and goofing on the weird Japanese shit that kept getting thrown in, but now with all the social stuff it has sort of become a second job and a bit of a drag. You can hear it in their voices that they're a bit tapped out at this point. Maybe things will pick up again after the Yukiko arc though, as I would love to see more Funky Student and "I loooooove them balls" moments.

In any case, I love the ER idea and hope to see it continue with more of you guys and different games for the foreseeable future.

Posted by Venatio

I love these videos, Jeff and Vinny, you guys made me order this game and when its released tomorrow here in Europe Im gonna get it

Posted by darkjester74

Heh, Chest Monster made me think of Tales of Vesperia...AND Chesty!  =)

If Vinnie wipes, I have a feeling that will be the end of this feature.  Hopefully Jeff realizes how much we enjoy this and will decide to continue it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted by Geno

Vinny you've got to just attack and use good persona skills, your battles are taking forever.

Posted by Dpower94

What's with all the Halo references in this?

Posted by ShadowKing7
@KevSlider said:
"Does anyone find themselves mentally yelling at the screen?"

Mentally?  I was fucking yelling out loud at the screen!  My agressiveness can't take Vinny's defense strategy.
Posted by natetodamax

"She was getting her butt rocked..."

"WORD"

Awesome

Posted by Vrock

Nothing better than an evening with Gian Bomb's endurance run and a cup of tea.

Posted by Zicdab

"I'd rather blow his junk."

Posted by Triple10X

it's funny watching these older ER videos and seeing everyone freak out about how they are going to lose.

Posted by bkbroiler
@Triple10X said:
" it's funny watching these older ER videos and seeing everyone freak out about how they are going to lose. "
I know.  It's amazing these guys kept making them when the comments are filled with pure bitching. 
Posted by kerse

"I'd rather blow his junk." 

"What"

Edited by mpgeist

I'm finally watching this Endurance Run and I'm loving it.  The music in this game is fucking terrible though.

Posted by MooseyMcMan
@mpgeist said:
" I'm finally watching this Endurance Run and I'm loving it.  The music in this game is fucking terrible though. "
You say that now, but make sure and get back to me by the end of the ER. You'll either get used to it, or be driven insane by it. 
Posted by SoundChaser

Horseface Killah!

Posted by DarkbeatDK
@ShadowKing7 said:
" @KevSlider said:
"Does anyone find themselves mentally yelling at the screen?"
Mentally?  I was fucking yelling out loud at the screen!  My agressiveness can't take Vinny's defense strategy. "
More of the fact that they are using manual controls for the characters in trash fights.
Posted by Maajin

Watching these again is funny how Vinny became a LOT more wary of the monsters outside of battle late in the game. Here, he's running around them in circles and everything!

Posted by mpgeist

@MooseyMcMan said:

@mpgeist said:
" I'm finally watching this Endurance Run and I'm loving it. The music in this game is fucking terrible though. "
You say that now, but make sure and get back to me by the end of the ER. You'll either get used to it, or be driven insane by it.

So I've been watching this again and man you were right. By the time I finished the ER the first time I was digging the music. Such is the power of Persona.

• 152 results