265 Comments
Posted by LifeByDegrees

The tension is such a blast! After Vinny escaped that last group of Shadows- as crazy as an FPS.

Posted by LordAndrew

Look, Gryphon. They asked for help, and we provided them with the help they wanted. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Jeff and Vinny. It's their Endurance Run.

Posted by Loveisabadday

Listen to Logan for fusing, the game never really explains how skills are passed on and how to change which skills are inherited.

And gryphon, save the gamer bravado spiel. Not everyone is as great as you and they would most likely not survive at their level and they already said if they got a game-over they would probably stop. Though maybe not for a boss? I don't know, but I did say I agreed with you for the most part about letting them figure stuff out on their own, only not right now when their backs are against the wall. (only 1 day left)

Posted by MetalGearSunny

You guys know that that you can decline a shuffle, right? (circle)

Edited by Curufinwe

Please quit whining, Gryphon.

They specifically asked for help, we gave it to them, and they did a great job of making things easier for themselves in this episode.

Posted by strangeling

Oh, the tension!

Go Vinny, Go!
Posted by LordAndrew

Yeah, they've looked away from the cards before.

Edited by Turambar

Just a few words of general advice guys

1.  Get party member S.Links to at least lv 3.  They gain the ability to perform follow up attacks.  Follow up attacks have a chance of happening every time you perform an attack and results in either critical hit against 1 enemy, all enemies, or in the case of Chie, ohko.

2.  When you have someone in the TV you need to rescue, some party members won't be available for S.Links on days they normally should be.  If you want to get laid with all the girls in your party, it's in your best interest to finish up dungeons as quickly as possible.

3.  That noodle shop in the Northern Shopping region will raise 3 random stats, though only on rainy days.  Use that to your advantage.

4.  Almost all S.Links that does not involve clubs or part-time jobs aren't available on rainy days.

5.  Have a persona of a matching arcana with the person you're performing an S.Link with since it gives you a bonus on how quickly the S.Link will level up, though I think you guys already know that.

Posted by ahoodedfigure

I don't mean to contribute to the gay panic this site already has, but Nata Taishi is totally a dude.

Posted by Spiritof

Two highlights:

1. Red Wall gets Vinny "aroused".

2. 2 seconds after Jeff reads the user comment about "stop ignoring the buffs", he goes right back to ignoring the buffs.

It's just like watching a runaway train that's just about to skip the tracks.

Posted by Gwendle

Awww, I was hoping for big bad boss fight today. Guess I can wait til tomorrow ;)

Posted by Curufinwe
Vinny:   Make sure you register all your personas before you start fusing them.
Edited by GunRunner304

If tomorrow is indeed the last episode, it has been a hell of a ride. I have got so much out of this series from an entertainment stand point of course but also in using it as a tool to recruit many of my friends to giantbomb. I am kind of torn because as much as id like to see it continue and see what happens next, I can also agree in ending it because since it has became a "game" a lot of the comedy and MST3K-ish qualities (though not completely) have come and gone which I think is its strongest point and how i got a lot of my buds into this. I'm for whatever they decide to do and perhaps if it is the end maybe we should come up with candidates for new endurance run (how about connecting the crazy star road levels [gnarly, tubular, etc] in super mario world, how fast they can get through portal, etc.) Though I love RPGs, I'm just trying to think of alternative genres that would be just as compelling to watch.   Thanks guys! 

Posted by squirtle_squad

i dont know if its been said before but
always go after the bigger enemies first because they deal more damage than the smaller versions
for example  the crosses you guys were fighting.

Edited by endaround

The croses are great for skull cracker and hysterical slap attacks

The 2.5 weeks after you rescure Yukiko fly by with studying for exams and then taking exams

You'll start to get quests from people in town and in school that you can fulfill by going into the TV and doing teh 1st dungeon the second time. 
Posted by mgssnake

Hey guess what? You can already restore SP! JUST BUY SODA!!! Every frikin day.

Edited by Death_Burnout

I almost no longer enjoy these! :S (frustrating)

I loved the bust down the door attitude, that's how i was feelin'

Posted by LiveOrDie1212

omg, they are still doing this?? lol, i stoped watching after episode 6. guess its time for them to move on...

Posted by endaround

Yeah the fact that they have 9 pages of comments and three full pages before the video was even up must mean that viewership is dwindling...

Edited by TheGamerGeek

I see great irony in the fact that Vinny has problems with the camera controls in Persona. Get it, because he's a wizard with a normal camera.....? No? GET ON GIANT BOMB MORE!

Posted by ArcticDonkey

Still loving these videos. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Posted by JohnDudebro

Just don't forget to buy an actual weapon. That golf club just looks silly.

Posted by CleverLoginName

Good luck, fellas. And don't touch any damn capsule machines! 

Posted by n8

@LiveOrDie1212
why in gods name would you want them to stop making such an awesome video feature

9 pages of comments from this episode alone..  is it not apparent that we like this...  alot ?!!

comments like that are to remain in your freakin noggin' please :-)

Posted by arithmetique

I think it would be smart to continue these.  You've got me coming here daily now to watch.  Then I browse the rest of what is new.  Easy content.

Posted by Sabata

Dude, you guys can DO THIS!

Make sure to fuse Senri before you fight.  Make sure it gets Red Wall! 

P.S. You can go to the liquor store after you beat Yukiko.
Posted by CharlieTunoku

What happens to me if you end the series? 

Posted by Mustard

I'm gonna be honest:
I like the video's better when they have no idea what to do, and what's going on.

This was the first video i didn't enjoy as much or more than the last :(

Posted by Junpei

Just as the endurance run advances (if it does), maybe tape the first trip into a dungeon and the cutscenes/ social stuff as well as boss fights, but leave the grinding out. Persona is one of my favorite series but it's true what people say that the grinding part can get a little tiresome to just watch. At any rate, I'm with this til the end since I get a kick outta the videos. Just making a suggestion for if this is going to continue longer (also wouldn't have to be a daily video then).

Posted by ZmillA

I loved it when jeff just threw up his hands at vinny running the wrong way by the enemy.

Posted by Agent_Lost

damn, I'm stress you just by watch this video.
Good Luck with Yukiko

oh btw, Yukiko is awesome once you get her into your party

Posted by cmpLtNOOb

I have only have one request, since I am playing persona 3 FES right now and it would keep me from wanting to reach into the screen and grab the controller from Vinny.  And that request is:

CHECK THE STATUS OF THE NEW PERSONAS YOU GET INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE LEVELS PLEASE!!!CHECK THE STATUS OF THE NEW PERSONAS YOU GET INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE LEVELS PLEASE!!!CHECK THE STATUS OF THE NEW PERSONAS YOU GET INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE LEVELS PLEASE!!!CHECK THE STATUS OF THE NEW PERSONAS YOU GET INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE LEVELS PLEASE!!!CHECK THE STATUS OF THE NEW PERSONAS YOU GET INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE LEVELS PLEASE!!!CHECK THE STATUS OF THE NEW PERSONAS YOU GET INSTEAD OF JUST LOOKING AT THE LEVELS PLEASE!!!

I keep wanting you to check because you never know what skills you might be gaining or losing by switching the persona out with another one.

And remember that for fusing as well.

Edited by unangbangkay

Picking up a persona automatically puts it in the compendium, so sometimes it's good advice to pick up new personas even if you don't think you need them, just so you can buy them later. Only the "Red X" cards are penalty cards. The grey "broken glass" cards are just "nothing happened" cards, which doesn't negate your rewards at all.

Don't you worry about it! You'll automatically grab an S.Link that you where you can pay to restore SP, which makes the crawls so much more bearable.

Posted by YetiAntics

Youve got Mabufu, Red Wall, and i suggest grinding slime one more level for Resist Physical. It helps alot.
Buy sodas for SP, and some value medicine and you're good to go. Remember tho, Chie is going to be weak to fire, so have Dia or Media ready.

Posted by Turambar

Just cast Red Wall on Chie to solve that weakness problem.  Pretty sure that skill isn't a self buff.

Posted by AREYOULOCO

In persona 3 you could press O to move the camera behind you. If it's the same in 4 it could make things a lot easier for you

Posted by soul101

no, this game gets harder

Posted by Annev0

Tomorrow is the big day!  =D

Posted by cipri

LOL plz use **Rakunda/Tarunda** against the boss! **Rakunda** lowers the defense of 1 foe and **Tarunda** lowers the attack. Cast red wall against the boss with slime and when it's ur turn again switch someone like nata taishi bcuz it has strength against fire or u can check for someone who can null fire bcuz she uses a scary fire attack when she get's down to either 50% or 25%. I just fought her again today, pretty scary :P ohh and she has a prince that heals her.. so kill the prince!!!

Posted by LiquidPrince

After you beat Yukiko's SHADOW you have to return to the Castle because another shadow takes over Yukiko's room on the eighth floor and he's like 50X stronger then Yukiko's shadow. It's killer XD

For Yukiko's shadow you should be at LEAST level 15, preferably 16.

Posted by Reverseface

haha was great when jeff said DUDE WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?

Posted by prinny_god
Just as the endurance run advances (if it does), maybe tape the first trip into a dungeon and the cutscenes/ social stuff as well as boss fights, but leave the grinding out. Persona is one of my favorite series but it's true what people say that the grinding part can get a little tiresome to just watch. At any rate, I'm with this til the end since I get a kick outta the videos. Just making a suggestion for if this is going to continue longer

this guy has the right idea

Edited by legendary1

You guys should be good to go. Senri would probably turn it in to a cakewalk, but I bet you could finish that boss up as you are now if you just get some rest to restore your HP/SP. As far as battles go you guys do pretty good, you just don't do any fusions or other stuff outside battle to make the battles easier. Make sure you sell all of your materials and try to get a better weapon, but you don't need the highest quality stuff of everything, your equipment has a much smaller effect in this game then in other RPGs. Try to save up some cash for persona draws from compendium, and for later.

Yukiko probably will be the 2nd hardest boss for you guys, with the hardest being the next dungeon boss. But you do get to recharge your SP in the dungeon (for a pretty high fee at first, though it can be reduced tremendously through an Slink), so you should never be run up against a time wall again. Any losses from now on in the game are because you brought the wrong persona's and the wrong skillsets.

Make sure to cast Rakunda (lower enemy defence, nata taishi has it) on the boss and Tarukaja (raise Ally Attack - works on both spell and physical damage, chie and izanagi have it) on whatever character you are primarily attacking with. This is especially important later in the boss fight where the boss starts using stronger attacks, at that point you want to end the fight in as few turns as possible so doing double damage per turn saves you a lot of time.

@LiquidPrince: I beat yukiko on expert at lvl 13 with a comparable persona set. They should be just fine on normal at a similar level, so long as they don't mess up in the actual battle. Especially if they fuse Senri (and it sounds like they will).

Posted by Ratzinc

This is so much fun to watch at work to make time go faster, thanks guys, keep going!

Posted by myketuna

I guess this is what sports fans feel when they yell at the screen sometimes. Man, Vinny. Step it up buddy.

Posted by Milkman

Yep, here comes the grind. Now I remember why JRPGs suck and also why I'd much rather watch you guys play them than play them myself.

Posted by prinny_god

vinny you should level grind a whole ton off camera so we don't have to watch it

Posted by Sunjammer

Hm i did Yukiko in on the second go. Was a close call but not as hard as i thought. Senri = immunity to most she can throw at you, especially with some evasion bonuses. And Chie with mabufu. I just spammed Mabufu, kept chie supplied and otherwise focused on Yukiko and didn't care much about the prince.

Posted by Venatio

Please Jeff and Vinny, Do not end this endurance run Please, Its freaking awesome

And also, 200 Comments of people saying that they love this endurance run should keep you guys from stopping it

Posted by Venatio

DO NOT END THE ENDURANCE RUN! They are awesome and entertaining