118 Comments
  • 118 results
Posted by morningdrive

why can't i see the video!!!

Posted by unangbangkay

You can talk to Fox by visiting the shrine (big red gate next to the textile shop) and choosing "Accept the ema's request". That'll give you a quest you need to do, and doesn't spend any time at all. When you finish the quest, report back to the fox to level up the link. Reporting in, however, will spend time. The quests themselves are almost always done on the main map and usually don't require that you go into the TV to farm crap. But they usually require you do stuff over several days, like creating a model at the table in your room.

Posted by exfate

@prinny_god & @morningdrive : Select High.

Posted by wrecks
Posted by Nasar7

@Legendary 1

Like Victory Cry doesn't ruin the game balance? Dude, its game-breaking lol
Edited by Curufinwe

Jeff picking basketball over fishing was great.

Fishing is a waste of a day (or night) till you get your diligence up a few levels.

Posted by MeatSim

banana in the tail pipe? that would be awesome if Axel Foley joined the investigation team.

Posted by endaround

@Nasar

Well its not like P3 where I got Victory Cry and Spell Master on Satan which means Armageddon every single battle.
Edited by legendary1

@Nasar:
Well, you can already have effectively infinite SP just by going to fight weak enemies and guarding forever with invigorate. Victory cry just makes the SP regaining faster and less boring. Definitely doesn't ruin the actual balance of boss fights, just gives you a bit more money to splurge on fusion and maybe saves you from spending 2 days instead of 1 in a dungeon. You still have to fight the battles with the same skills as always, whereas with those other skills I mentioned you could literally kill 3/4ths of the bosses single handedly. I can say that once I got repel physical on rangda (lvl 55) I basically breezed through everything.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Victory Cry is intended to be got through skill changes. If you wait until you are actually level 99, then level lucifer to level 99, by that time you definitely have millions of yen to spend on SP anyway, Victory Cry is useless at that point. Its barely useful, merely a convenience, past the 4th or 5th dungeon IMO.

Edited by Death_Burnout

Oh man,  Persona Fans...

Hurray it's working!

Posted by Yagami

Haha! Kanji is such a stereotypical gay. Also, why do you guys, or at least Vinny, feel uncomfortable with gays? Even in a video game you take offense. Stop being so freaked out emotional. Take a chill pill and enjoy the comedy.

Posted by Curufinwe

Kanji's shadow is, Kanji isn't.

Posted by omgmetalgear

haha  "you'll get 8 rupees if you catch a big fish" thats great guys

Edited by Ham08

Hey guys!  Great series, I have been watching every day!  You guys have something special here ... so special that game companies might pay you to play and give commentary on their games if doing so entices people to buy their products.  Case in point, I laughed so hard watching your videos that I felt compelled to go out and buy Persona 4!  I am about 80 hours into the game now, approximately level 60 and I am still having a blast.  I skipped about 90% of the sidequests too!  This game is well worth the money, that's for sure!

Here's a little fusion advice (This persona will be able to heal and cast all 4 elemental attacks):

4-elemental Hit-all "Sarasvati" (Required Level 17):

Temperance "Sylph" (Lv14: Magaru) + Sun "Cu Sith" (Lv13: Magaru) = Hermit "Ippon-Datara" (knows Maragi, inherits Magaru)

Hermit "Ippon-Datara" (Maragi, Magaru) + Emperor "Oberon" (Lv16: Mazio) = Priestess "Sarasvati" (knows Mabufu, inherits Maragi, Magaru and Mazio.)

Note: If there are not enough inheritance slots when making Sarasvati you may need to level Ippon-Datara a bit first.  It takes a while to inherit all of the skills you want, but if you are patient the effort is well worth it.  You can use this persona all the way to the end of the game as a cheap way to determine enemy weakness and knock them down.  I don't recommend video recording the fusion process, as it could take 20 minutes or so until you inerit all of the skills that you want.

Good luck guys!

Ham08

P.S. My favorite episode is the one where you beat Yukiko's shadow, against all odds!  Awesome!  Long live the investigation team!

Posted by HatKing

Nanako is my favorite character...I always love it when they go back to the house and she talks to them. "Welcome Home!"  :D

Posted by Muffin_Hunter

"Hey everyone I'm pregnant! I mean they posted the test results... of my pregnancy and it's positive!!"
This proves once again that teenage pregnancy is hilarious. ^_^

Posted by Nasar7

@endaround

lol nice

@legendary1
True, but I would still call it game-breaking in that it takes a certain amount of strategy out of the dungeon solving by making SP limitations and, to an extent, money and item management a non-issue. I don't think you're supposed to beat the dungeons in just one day anyway as the game gives you plenty of time to complete it, though I certainly have before, and the sometimes 3-week period following until the next dungeon can get pretty boring. I see Victory Cry more as a useful reward for when you do a New Game+, since, like you said, it definitely takes the tedium out of equation then, but only after you've experienced the game "properly."
Posted by FluffyNutSatchel

Hey could somebody help me out. Ive already beat persona 4 on the ps2, and just recently bought a backwards compatible 80gb ps3. The game runs fine and works great, except for one problem, the bottom left corner, where it shows your current location or where you are about to go, the box is empty and no text ever shows up. Is this a possible ps3 problem or is this a disk issue? My disk is near perfect shape (no scratchs and shit) but, I cant think of any other reasons why this would happen. Thanks for the help (assuming somebody knows something)

Another nice video guys!
Posted by LordAndrew

That's an issue with PS2 BC on the PS3. Nothing you can do about that.

Edited by BenderUnit22

I'm surprised they found the clue to Kanji's dungeon so quickly. And to all the homophobes, the next dungeon makes up for this, if you're uncomfortable with the bathhouse.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the shrine is right next to the textile shop. Each time you go there, you get a quest to complete and the day time won't change at that point. Once you've done the quest, you have to go back to the shrine at which point you will spend time there and your S.Link with Fox will increase.

@LordAndrew

Yeah, I know thats the Issue with some games, but im under the impression that other people dont have this problem. Im not sure if its just a software emulation vs hardware emulation problem or what,
Posted by FunkiesFox

*happy yip*

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

"now when i think of the killer, i think of some sicko" lol cuz if you just kill someone without throwing them into the tv world it's perfectly acceptable.

Posted by empire_man

Can't wait to see the bathhouse and all the homoerotic monsters within... Um, I'm just curious. I like chicks, dammit!

Posted by Djstyles92

i just got it today!!!

Posted by Ziaxool

As always one of the high-points of my day... Which is both sad and worrying, but still! Thanks a lot guys!

Posted by GamerGeek360

Tune in next time for some more Investigation Team and the gay guy in the TV! Yay!!

Posted by insane_shadowblade85

Homophobes are funny in a sad way.

Posted by Agent_Lost

oh yea, the bathhouse is open.

Edited by Apathylad

The future dungeons you will also need to find clues to proceed and actually unlock the location.
As for Kanji, there's evidence that can go either way towards whether or not he's a homosexual. It isn't really a spoiler, but Kanji felt attracted to "slender young man", and later on, you find out that he is actually a she, which Vinny noticed when she first appeared.
Oh, and I prefer Yukiko over Chie for some reason.

Posted by coffeesash

If you say you have siblings, you can choose exactly what you said, it DOES go that deep :P :P

Posted by Daroki

@FluffyNutSatchel

I've heard that the software BC has that issue while the PS3s with the emotion engine (the OG PS3s) don't have such an issue.  :(

Posted by Lilarcor

There are still two exam weeks left during the course of the game, so keep your Knowledge up and you can ace the next two. You'll get a lot of chances to study with team members before the next one, and that raises S-Link and Knowledge by quite a bit so it's a good idea to do it as many as times as you can.

Posted by Wright

social link stuff is always awesome

Posted by Meltbrain

Haha, poor Teddy. Get that guy some decongestants or something.

@Daroki

Haha, figures. Thanks alot, Dosent hamper my enjoyment of the game or whatever..Just a minor annoyance. Yayyy weird ass backwards compatibility issues.
Posted by JackiJinx

Since I've been teaching myself some Japanese, I thought that perhaps this would be interesting.

Onnanoko means girl. Take away the o, and it's pronounced Nanoko. Shockingly creative, isn't it?

Posted by ashogo

20 minute videos are fine, I don't know what some of you are complaining about. I love the 40 minute ones too, but I definitely wouldn't be able to watch them everyday.

Posted by quicklii

Highlight of the day! Is it me or has Charlie got a funny walk to school. It's says I'm so the man.

Posted by Gregomasta

hahahahahahahh, kanji, Just got done watching some rescue me and the fag shit is hilarious.

Posted by kagekage

link on the front pg doesnt work

Posted by papercut

The only problem i have with Kanji is that he's soooooo ridiculously stereotypically gay. But hey, thats Japan for ya.

Posted by insane_shadowblade85

papercut> It's just his shadow, once he joins the team you'll see he acts like he did before he went into the tv world. 

Posted by CommodoreGroovy

Alright, according to Whisky Media, which controls Giant Bomb, they have commented on the success of the endurance run.

The most popular, eh? This endurance run really might... go on forever...

Edited by The8Man
CommodoreGroovy
"
Alright, according to Whisky Media, which controls Giant Bomb, they have commented on the success of the endurance run.

The most popular, eh? This endurance run really might... go on forever..."

That is pretty awesome, but they totally picked the wrong episode to embed!  They really should have done Episode 30.  That one was so effing funny!  Anyone who hasn't been watching already would be completely hooked after seeing that.
Edited by Insectecutor

So that's why you can't seek in videos until it's fully loaded :)

Posted by LordAndrew

Not everyone wants to have the story spoiled, Apathylad.

Posted by freakydude20

noooooooooooooooooo POPULARITY LEADS TO INTAMACY!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by freakydude20

and you need to get crazy with some yukiko.... she brings you TAPs!

Edited by Curufinwe

The most popular, eh? This endurance run really might... go on forever...

Popularity leads to more Endurance Run videos.
  • 118 results