431 Comments
Posted by Undeadpool

@undeadpool said:

@kerse said:

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

I remember Final Fantasy VI let you keep your XP (and halved your money) when you died. That was nice, it made it feel less like "Oh, the last three hours were a COMPLETE WASTE OF FUCKING TIME." Glad the trend of "instantly obliterate your last few hours of play" is a fading trend in RPGs.

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy 6 displayed a game over screen and sent you back to the start screen when your party died, except for the final boss fight where you can go through all your dudes.

Yeah I played through 6 like 3 times and everytime I died I lost all the progress since my last save.

You lose all your progress, but you keep all your XP. It shows your lead character on a black screen going into a "weakened" state while it plays the sad music, but it doesn't go back to the title screen, it just boots you straight back to your last save. Where you still have ALL your XP (but half your gold and none of your progress).

I'm half tempted to download the ROM just to verify this, because I quite recall losing everything upon dying.

Dragon Quest, on the other hand, always let you keep your EXP and Inventory but took half your money (which you could protect by putting it in the bank).

I am 99% sure the XP stays intact (I know with total certainty the gold halves). I remember because I rented it and couldn't get past Vargas (I didn't realize you were supposed to use Sabin's "Pummel") and my level kept increasing, but I couldn't beat him...

Posted by melodiousj

@kerse said:

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

I remember Final Fantasy VI let you keep your XP (and halved your money) when you died. That was nice, it made it feel less like "Oh, the last three hours were a COMPLETE WASTE OF FUCKING TIME." Glad the trend of "instantly obliterate your last few hours of play" is a fading trend in RPGs.

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy 6 displayed a game over screen and sent you back to the start screen when your party died, except for the final boss fight where you can go through all your dudes.

Yeah I played through 6 like 3 times and everytime I died I lost all the progress since my last save.

You lose all your progress, but you keep all your XP. It shows your lead character on a black screen going into a "weakened" state while it plays the sad music, but it doesn't go back to the title screen, it just boots you straight back to your last save. Where you still have ALL your XP (but half your gold and none of your progress).

I'm half tempted to download the ROM just to verify this, because I quite recall losing everything upon dying.

Dragon Quest, on the other hand, always let you keep your EXP and Inventory but took half your money (which you could protect by putting it in the bank).

Posted by Undeadpool

@kerse said:

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

Edited by kerse

their reaction is so good at the end of this episode

Posted by super2j
Posted by Duffyside
Edited by Pop

I think I watched this video when it was first released.

edit: hahaha amazing!

Posted by FaPaThY

"Someday that's gonna work."

Rofl, great example of what not to do when fighting enemies that can 1HKO you out of nowhere. Easily avoidable there which made it funnier. One of my fav eps.

Posted by Shaka999

That... is so incredibly lame but hilarious at the same time.

Also, I kinda like how Jeff freaked out about Bufu on a boss (that they beat) but didn't freak out at the ridiculous bullshit that happened >_>

But hey, kinda good to hear them in good spirits about it.

Posted by kerse

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

Posted by Dberg

@Undeadpool said:

Posted by Undeadpool

Posted by vorpalparasite

haha holy crap that sucks, I was falling asleep close to the end of the episode to be awoken by yells.

Posted by Calavero

And here I thought missing the Tanaka show would be the worst thing to happen in this episode

Posted by Winternet

Best ending of anything ever.

Posted by Zeik

@WolfmanJenkins said:

I love how it's just a fairly normal episode of grinding until the end just made up for it. That's exactly why I played at the beginner difficulty.

Playing on beginner wouldn't have prevented this from happening.

Posted by wafflez

tea-hoss!

Posted by buft

lol good job on the grinding guys

Posted by Nux

I've watched this 3 times now and that ending never gets old.

Posted by Quipido

Watching the ED for the second time now, when I loaded up this episode I was wondering why there is so many comments. Tottaly forgot about this one, but now it's clear.

Posted by whizzedoutwoz

HAHA best ending ever

Posted by TruthTellah
Posted by Gerhabio

Caught me completely off guard!

Posted by Junpei

Wow, completely forgot about that happening. That's great every time.

Posted by FateOfNever

I still love the way this episode ends, especially with Jeff saying that "One day that will work" in regards to Hama being cast on Teddie, just for the next one to, in fact, work on Charlie.  Fantastic.

Posted by Molenator85

Someday that'll work.... 8 seconds later- OHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUUUUDEE!

Posted by Einherjar

If Teddie had just stayed in his suit this ending would have been the most epic moment of the Endurance Run...

Edited by MooseyMcMan
@mantasradzas said:

" Comment 400. You still can't hama me. "

Lies! You know you're weak to light!  

Edit: Even after the second time, watching that ending was BRUTAL! So much progress down the drain...
Posted by dr_mantas

Comment 400.
You still can't hama me.

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

Hama don't hurt em'

Posted by Sayishere

funniest ending i have ever seen

Posted by danimal_furry

Third time watching in my spare time and I always forget this episode. It is in my top 25 just for the end. Maybe it's in my top 25... but just barely. The ghoul jokes and strip club jokes help it a lot.
Posted by WolfmanJenkins

I love how it's just a fairly normal episode of grinding until the end just made up for it. That's exactly why I played at the beginner difficulty.

Posted by afrofools

Glad I'm watching this and not playing it, cos I would have snapped my PS2 at that ending.

Posted by MooseyMcMan

And this is why one hit kills suck. 

Posted by drew327
@jikoku13: After 80 hours, trust me the walking around gets old!  Square button rules!
Posted by Xanth93

Wow, what a hysterical ending. 

@CH3BURASHKA said:

" T-shirt design #647: "You can't Hama me!" "

Haha!
Posted by jikoku13

wow this game is way better than persona 3 portable because they actually bothered to let you walk and give you anime sequences 

Posted by Hourai

Best ending ever. 

Posted by IrishCoffee

Simply an AMAZING ending. Even after reading comments about a great ending it totally caught me off gaurd and I could NOT stop laughing. Awesome sauce!

Posted by FelixLighter

Hilarious ending.  Vinny and Jeff started getting cocking and then, in an instant, they were put back in their place.

Edited by Blueblur1

It's time for more Endurance Run now that E3 2010 is over. Of course, I took an extra week off from the ER myself.

So this episode was fairly boring. The Courage boost Forever Macho gave them after they finished The Gentle Way caught my attention. I never noticed the "[insert stat name] has increased greatly" line before. I wonder if that granted a bigger boost than "[insert stat name] has significantly increased." Glad to see they established the Death S. Link.

As for the ending, wow. I couldn't believe it. I was up since 4am yesterday (got me an iPhone 4!) when I watched the episode so I was falling asleep and then I saw the screen go white. I had to watch what happened again. LOL

And I definitely agree with OriginalGman's statement. To each his own.

Posted by OriginalGman
@atomic_dumpling: Remembering which personas they've already picked up, what spells each character has, what an enemy is weak to, and the proper use of multi-target spells isn't stuff you learn in a FAQ. FAQs are for people who want to get the most out of their game in the least amount of time, because they have lots of other games they want to play, too. There is no right or wrong way to play any game, as long as fun is being had. Same goes for whoever called Vinny stupid.  Still, they got through the game just fine.
Posted by SBYM

Wow, that sucks.

Posted by Nux

I don't care how many times I watch this, that ending gets me every time. Best ending ever.
Posted by ch3burashka

T-shirt design #647: "You can't Hama me!"

Posted by HaltIamReptar

I love you guys.