431 Comments
  • 431 results
Posted by chronix

The first dungeon will probably have a ghoul you can grab.  Plus you can rush almost every enemy except those immune to physical.  And leave an invigorating persona in so you can get SP if you lose any

Posted by Dovey

I'm sorry but for some weird reason I found the ending to be easily one of the best moments of thise edurance run.

Posted by Oriental_Jams

Oh snap.

Posted by raidingkvatch

Awww HELL NO! How did that happen?!

Posted by xDot

Ahahaha awesome. That's what you get for rolling with the B team.

Posted by xDot

Also Vinny sounded way tired this episode, too many E3 videos.

Posted by RampageEndsHere

In case you're considering to grind in Void Quest :

Here is a list of all Shadows in Void Quest with their corresponding weaknesses.

Almighty Hand Lvl 40 Weakness : Wind
Amenti Raven
Lvl 39 Weakness : Ice, Wind
Anguish Basalt Lvl 41 Weakness: Wind
Ardent Dancer Lvl 44 Weakness : Fire
Avarice Bambino
Lvl 42 Weakness : Fire
Beastly Gigas
Lvl 45 Weakness : -
Blind Cupid Lvl 38 Weakness : Wind
Blue Sigil
Lvl 42 Weakness : Electricity
Corrupt Tower
Lvl 36 Weakness : Fire
Defendent Basalt
Lvl 36 Weakness : Light , Dark
Fate Seeker
Lvl 40 Weakness : Wind Resistance : Physical
Justice Sword Lvl 37 Weakness : Electricity
Leading Idol Lvl 43 Weakness Electricity
Lustful Snake Lvl 37 Weakness ; Ice
Mad Cyclops Lvl 38 Weakness : Fire
Monomaniac Fuzz Lvl 44 Weakness : Electricity
Platinum Dice
Lvl 43 Weakness : Ice
Protective Rexy Lvl 46 Weakness : -
Scarlet Turret Lvl 46 : Weakness : - ; Strong : Physical (50%)
Spurious Book Lvl 39 Weakness : -
Steel Machine Lvl 45 Weakness : - ; Strong : Physical, Wind, Fire, Electricity, Fire (10% Damage)
Strength Beetle Lvl 40 Weakness : Dark ; Repel : Fire , Ice , Wind, Electricity, Light
Whimsical Papillon Lvl 40 Weakness : Ice

Posted by chronix

hahahahaha that was hilarious

what a fitting return from a week off

Edited by atomic_dumpling
@funkpanda said:
" Vinny... your so cute. But your really stupid when playing this game. Like, REALLY stupid. "
[rant warning]
This is neither a "speedrun" nor a "100% run". They are simply playing the game as any normal player would. They are not reading through FAQs and guides like many of you people obviously do -  these guys are actually playing, not merely imitating stuff someone else figured out. I think they are doing just fine, the occasional silly death aside. On the other hand, all you FAQ-readers are just a lazy bunch and most certainly not playing the game as intended - and therefore far worse players than Vinny and Jeff, no matter how often they make bad calls.
Posted by Plasma

What a waste of time...

Posted by snoopeasystreet

O.o 

Posted by MatthewMeadows

You take the good,

You take the bad, 
And there you have,
The facts of Hama
Edited by skrutop

WHOA!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Can you do us a favor and go ahead back up to level 9 before starting off Tuesday's ER?  Seriously, what horrible game design.  The game's over if the main character dies and there's an attack that instantly kills you.  Genius, Atlus.  Pure genius.

Posted by Hairydutchman

HAHAHA omg what a anti climax

Posted by TiggNine

oh wow guys.....that sucks, but was still great episode up till then =\

Posted by Heroic_mojo

LMAO!! best ending ever

Posted by Demonstride

The return of the Endurance Run is awesome.

Posted by Trevsweb

yay its back!

Posted by AllanIceman

OH SNAP!!! You Just Got Owned!!!!  LMAO!! Best ending EVER!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Posted by mrfluke

by far vinny and jeffs surprised expression  of dying by hama is by far one of the best moments in the endurance run

Posted by RJPelonia

Aw, man. That sucks. That really sucks.

Well, you guys did forget to watch the home shopping channel earlier, so hey, you get another chance at that.

Edited by RampageEndsHere
@skrutop said:
" Seriously, what horrible game design.  The game's over if the main character dies and there's an attack that instantly kills you.  Genius, Atlus.  Pure genius."

Persona 4 > Fallout 3 , or any garbage Bethesda or BioWare has been spewing.
Posted by captainawesomo

ugh!!! That sucks. That just happend to me last night in the same damn dungeon! 3 Hours of progress lost! Serves me right for not saving.

Posted by BenderUnit22
@skrutop said:
"The game's over if the main character dies and there's an attack that instantly kills you.  Genius, Atlus.  Pure genius. "
That's why your party members can take mortal blows for you, if it's a targeted attack. Besides, these birds have idle turns for a reason, so you can kill them BEFORE they use hama.
Posted by atomic_dumpling
"We will crush the rebellion with one swift stroke!"

Edited by MeatSim

Damn that sucks big time I think from now on you shouldn't mess around with the shadows that cast one hit kill spells and just use some SP to kill them quick with whatever there weak to,  that's the lesson here.  Also Ghoul came back to haunt you guys, damn you Ghoul!

Edited by Winternet

WWWHHHAAATTT???!!!!!  The most unexpected ending EVER! Specially because they were all mocking the birds...

Posted by SirThirdFilms

After seeing this at midnight, I am waiting for ep 82 now!

Posted by DazzHardy

EPIC ending.

Posted by CharlieTuna

Honestly guys, the way you play I'm surprised this has not happened before, only the second time you died is still pretty good. I must have died 5 or 6 times before I got to the place where you are.

That was hilarious.

Posted by Ravey

Posted by SonicFire

Yup, you can get all S.Links maxed in the first playthrough, but you totally have to plan it out and/or use a guide. 

Posted by Daroki
@skrutop said:
"WHOA!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!Can you do us a favor and go ahead back up to level 9 before starting off Tuesday's ER?  Seriously, what horrible game design.  The game's over if the main character dies and there's an attack that instantly kills you.  Genius, Atlus.  Pure genius."
I completely agree with you.  It's GENIUS game design.  Oh, were you being sarcastic?

There are personas that are immune to Hama, items which will recover instantly from Hama, items which recover you if you take a mortal blow, SLs will let people take mortal blows for you. 

But if you ignore those things, this game and all games in the SMT series will kill you without mercy.  This isn't Final Fantasy, combat's more complicated than hitting "X" even fighting regular foes, and when the game does things like this (and the earlier Rampage from the C-King) it does it to teach you a lesson.  Don't fight those birds without a Hama strong/immune Persona.
Posted by Trevsweb

omg that ending was fucking classic.

Posted by Church069

Endurance run is back!  Yes!  What a great ending to this episode.  Now I feel like going back to playing Persona 4 some more.

Edited by skrutop
@Daroki said:
"This isn't Final Fantasy, combat's more complicated than hitting "X" even fighting regular foes, and when the game does things like this (and the earlier Rampage from the C-King) it does it to teach you a lesson.  Don't fight those birds without a Hama strong/immune Persona. "
So then why do they give you a button to rush for when you're fighting easy-to-kill enemies?  Jeff and Vinny were blowing through those enemies without any issues; I'd have rushed them, too.
Posted by neoepoch
@Daroki said:
" There are personas that are immune to Hama, items which will recover instantly from Hama, items which recover you if you take a mortal blow, SLs will let people take mortal blows for you. "
The thing is, what if you didn't know they had Hama so you didn't have a persona that was immune to light. And the used Hama the first time and killed you? I'm not saying you are wrong...I'm just saying that is kinda messed up.
Edited by unangbangkay

You can max out every social link by the end of the game, but it will take a bit of strategy and boring scheduling to get it all done if you're not in New Game+ mode. That said, it's A LOT easier than it was to do in P3: FES, and MILES easier than in original P3.

Then again, there are no tangible benefits to maxing out your links in one run, unlike in P3 FES, so there's no need to worry too much.

However, it's good to max out links on your main party members for the gameplay benefits. Empress is the hardest link to max out because it requires a lot of persona fusion, but in New Game+ it's the easiest since you keep your compendium.

HINT: you can have more than one "intimate" relationship at a time.

As an aside, you can put the finished models on your shelf for a bit of extra decoration.

Posted by drew327

Thank you for the Endurance Run.  I knew nothing about the Shin Megami Tensei games before, and after watching you guys play Persona 4, I have since started playing Persona 3.  These games are hilarious, and a great time. 

To those who have played Persona 3: I just got the S. link for Yuko (team manager) to 10 and I never saw that line of dialogue coming!  "My parents aren't home..."  ?!

Posted by Delta_Ass
@RampageEndsHere said:
"
@Chris2KLee said:
"Best thing is to hit'em with their weakness and finish them quick."
That also goes for shadows without Light/Darkness spell. Use spells, let the Fox refill the SP , that's what's the money they earn from the battle is for.  The main strategy is not about 'saving SP',  it's about balancing the SP you use with the SP you can buy from the Fox. Talk to the cohorts in front of the dungeon to separate them from the group, so the main character can refill the SP ALONE. Let the MC cast all the spells, the cohorts are only there to perform the All-Out-Attack. Vinny was lacklustre from the very beginning, you can see it from how oft he just rushed the whole battle. He wasn't even listening when Jeff said the birds can cast Hama ocassionaly.Vinny = Idiot. Play garbage like Grand Theft Auto IV or Call of Duty 4 instead where you don't have to think. "
HI AION
Posted by Jerusahat
@atomic_dumpling said:
A rant about FAQ players.
Amen brother! The endurance run wouldn't be anywhere near as entertaining if the guys played it perfectly.
Posted by Godlovesugly

Hilarious, best ending ever.

Posted by gbrading

Even thought it was really irritating, the ending was hilarious. It was totally unexpected.

Posted by RagingLion

It was the way it was so sudden that got me, and I guess Jeff and Vinny as well.  Wow - did not see that coming.  I guess another lesson is learnt: gotta respect Hama and Mudo even if they miss most of the time.  It's just weird and unlucky how the birds are normally casting hama on the other party members as well and then when it finally works they just happen to have chosen to cast it on Charlie.

Definitely a classic ER moment right there.

Posted by Azteck

Oh holy flying shit.. that was totally unexpected.

Posted by lemmdawg

LOL.  Wow what happened to you guys is really really rare.  Usually they don't cast hama on your main player, and even when they do it misses.  You guys have rotten luck.  Out of the 100+ hours i put into that game, I never died by any hama(oan) spell.  That sucks.

Also, stop level grinding in the lower level dungeons.  It's time consuming, and if you notice you make about the same amount of xp in the dungeon you're currently in as you would 5 or 6 fights in the lower level dungeons.  be economical.  Sure there's a greater risk of death, but the rewards are way better and way less time consuming.  Five or six fights to gain a level is much better than 19 or 20 fights in a lower dungeon.  plus you also get better items which you can then sell for more $$$.

Posted by Daroki
@skrutop said:
"
@Daroki said:
"This isn't Final Fantasy, combat's more complicated than hitting "X" even fighting regular foes, and when the game does things like this (and the earlier Rampage from the C-King) it does it to teach you a lesson.  Don't fight those birds without a Hama strong/immune Persona. "
So then why do they give you a button to rush for when you're fighting easy-to-kill enemies?  Jeff and Vinny were blowing through those enemies without any issues; I'd have rushed them, too."
If you hit the rush button against enemies that repel physical, you'll die if you don't hurry and take rush off.  (Worse is when you have someone who repels physical and casts enrage on you)  You can die to characters even in a non-boss fight if you attack into repelled abilities or leave Personas in which fall into their wheelhouse especially when those weaknesses are Hama/Mudo which have a fair chance of instajigging you anyway.    (If you're weak, it's automatic.)

And use Rise's abilities, when you're at the point where people can bombard you with (Ma)Hama(on)/(Ma)Mudo(on), she'll let you know if you analyze the enemy.  Homoculous/Party Members who can take a mortal blow for you are your friends at this point, acquire as many of both as possible.
Posted by Metal_Mills

LOL that ending...holy shit!

Posted by HooliganTuesday
@atomic_dumpling said:
"
@funkpanda said:
" Vinny... your so cute. But your really stupid when playing this game. Like, REALLY stupid. "
[rant warning]
This is neither a "speedrun" nor a "100% run". They are simply playing the game as any normal player would. They are not reading through FAQs and guides like many of you people obviously do -  these guys are actually playing, not merely imitating stuff someone else figured out. I think they are doing just fine, the occasional silly death aside. On the other hand, all you FAQ-readers are just a lazy bunch and most certainly not playing the game as intended - and therefore far worse players than Vinny and Jeff, no matter how often they make bad calls. "
You're kind of right here, playing it from a FAQ is lazy and boring, but the fact of the matter is that they're ignoring the advice the game is giving them. There's a bloody good reason why creatures with instant kill abilities all have weaknesses and Stand By turns, because you're meant to realise that Instant Kills are bad and should be taken out as soon as possible.

If you don't pay attention to the enemies abilities and use the advantages the game hands you, then yes you are being stupid. It's the difference between cheating to find out what a boss can do and learning to recognise patterns in its behaviour and not cast Bufu on it.
Posted by Nasar7
@HooliganTuesday:
"
@atomic_dumpling said:
"
@funkpanda said:
[rant warning]
This is neither a "speedrun" nor a "100% run". They are simply playing the game as any normal player would. They are not reading through FAQs and guides like many of you people obviously do -  these guys are actually playing, not merely imitating stuff someone else figured out. I think they are doing just fine, the occasional silly death aside. On the other hand, all you FAQ-readers are just a lazy bunch and most certainly not playing the game as intended - and therefore far worse players than Vinny and Jeff, no matter how often they make bad calls. "
You're kind of right here, playing it from a FAQ is lazy and boring, but the fact of the matter is that they're ignoring the advice the game is giving them. There's a bloody good reason why creatures with instant kill abilities all have weaknesses and Stand By turns, because you're meant to realise that Instant Kills are bad and should be taken out as soon as possible.If you don't pay attention to the enemies abilities and use the advantages the game hands you, then yes you are being stupid. It's the difference between cheating to find out what a boss can do and learning to recognise patterns in its behaviour and not cast Bufu on it. "
Exactly. I was waiting for this to happen the moment they started rushing through the battles with the hama birds, and when it did finally happen I was lmao.
  • 431 results