432 Comments
Edited by MooseyMcMan
@mantasradzas said:

" Comment 400. You still can't hama me. "

Lies! You know you're weak to light!  

Edit: Even after the second time, watching that ending was BRUTAL! So much progress down the drain...
Posted by Einherjar

If Teddie had just stayed in his suit this ending would have been the most epic moment of the Endurance Run...

Posted by Molenator85

Someday that'll work.... 8 seconds later- OHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUUUUDEE!

Posted by FateOfNever

I still love the way this episode ends, especially with Jeff saying that "One day that will work" in regards to Hama being cast on Teddie, just for the next one to, in fact, work on Charlie.  Fantastic.

Posted by Junpei

Wow, completely forgot about that happening. That's great every time.

Posted by Gerhabio

Caught me completely off guard!

Posted by TruthTellah
Posted by whizzedoutwoz

HAHA best ending ever

Posted by Quipido

Watching the ED for the second time now, when I loaded up this episode I was wondering why there is so many comments. Tottaly forgot about this one, but now it's clear.

Posted by Nux

I've watched this 3 times now and that ending never gets old.

Posted by buft

lol good job on the grinding guys

Posted by wafflez

tea-hoss!

Posted by Zeik

@WolfmanJenkins said:

I love how it's just a fairly normal episode of grinding until the end just made up for it. That's exactly why I played at the beginner difficulty.

Playing on beginner wouldn't have prevented this from happening.

Posted by Winternet

Best ending of anything ever.

Posted by Calavero

And here I thought missing the Tanaka show would be the worst thing to happen in this episode

Posted by vorpalparasite

haha holy crap that sucks, I was falling asleep close to the end of the episode to be awoken by yells.

Posted by Undeadpool

I remember Final Fantasy VI let you keep your XP (and halved your money) when you died. That was nice, it made it feel less like "Oh, the last three hours were a COMPLETE WASTE OF FUCKING TIME." Glad the trend of "instantly obliterate your last few hours of play" is a fading trend in RPGs.

Posted by Dberg

@Undeadpool said:

I remember Final Fantasy VI let you keep your XP (and halved your money) when you died. That was nice, it made it feel less like "Oh, the last three hours were a COMPLETE WASTE OF FUCKING TIME." Glad the trend of "instantly obliterate your last few hours of play" is a fading trend in RPGs.

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy 6 displayed a game over screen and sent you back to the start screen when your party died, except for the final boss fight where you can go through all your dudes.

Posted by kerse

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy 6 displayed a game over screen and sent you back to the start screen when your party died, except for the final boss fight where you can go through all your dudes.

Yeah I played through 6 like 3 times and everytime I died I lost all the progress since my last save.

Posted by Shaka999

That... is so incredibly lame but hilarious at the same time.

Also, I kinda like how Jeff freaked out about Bufu on a boss (that they beat) but didn't freak out at the ridiculous bullshit that happened >_>

But hey, kinda good to hear them in good spirits about it.

Posted by FaPaThY

"Someday that's gonna work."

Rofl, great example of what not to do when fighting enemies that can 1HKO you out of nowhere. Easily avoidable there which made it funnier. One of my fav eps.

Edited by Pop

I think I watched this video when it was first released.

edit: hahaha amazing!

Posted by Duffyside
Posted by super2j
Edited by kerse

their reaction is so good at the end of this episode

Posted by Undeadpool

@kerse said:

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

Yeah I played through 6 like 3 times and everytime I died I lost all the progress since my last save.

You lose all your progress, but you keep all your XP. It shows your lead character on a black screen going into a "weakened" state while it plays the sad music, but it doesn't go back to the title screen, it just boots you straight back to your last save. Where you still have ALL your XP (but half your gold and none of your progress).

Posted by melodiousj

@kerse said:

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

You lose all your progress, but you keep all your XP. It shows your lead character on a black screen going into a "weakened" state while it plays the sad music, but it doesn't go back to the title screen, it just boots you straight back to your last save. Where you still have ALL your XP (but half your gold and none of your progress).

I'm half tempted to download the ROM just to verify this, because I quite recall losing everything upon dying.

Dragon Quest, on the other hand, always let you keep your EXP and Inventory but took half your money (which you could protect by putting it in the bank).

Posted by Undeadpool

@undeadpool said:

@kerse said:

@Dberg said:

@Undeadpool said:

I'm half tempted to download the ROM just to verify this, because I quite recall losing everything upon dying.

Dragon Quest, on the other hand, always let you keep your EXP and Inventory but took half your money (which you could protect by putting it in the bank).

I am 99% sure the XP stays intact (I know with total certainty the gold halves). I remember because I rented it and couldn't get past Vargas (I didn't realize you were supposed to use Sabin's "Pummel") and my level kept increasing, but I couldn't beat him...

Posted by peritus

Best ending.