162 Comments
  • 162 results
Posted by mrfluke

they were trying to fuse to make a level 37 persona when they were level 36 and they kept on trying for a while that blew my mind

Posted by CrescendOtaku

@Alias

Not really, I got to level 5 with Rise without owning a Lovers card, but it slowed down afterwards. All the personal and social stats become slower to level up as they get higher.

Posted by ArcticDonkey

Guys PLEASE don't swap your B team in when you start running out of sp. Either refill with Fox or bail out for a day.  Just keep using your A team. Also don't listen to people who say "Level Kanji up" or "Use Teddie more". Pretty much any team will work so it's up to you guys to decide your party members. Having said that I will say that because you guys tend to never use physical skills and rely on magic you may want to swap Chie for Teddie.

I'm glad to see you're making some good decisions such as not going back to the strip club and concentrating on making Black Frost. Keep up the good work. Love the ER

Edited by Curufinwe

Arctic Donkey is giving some really bad advice.  Swapping in other party members to use up their SP is a good idea that will save you a ton of money.

Bailing out for a day means even less days will be available for them to advance thru the various S.Links.

Posted by atomic_dumpling
@Sarumarine said:
"I feel good things will happen if you can get your hands on a Black Frost. He's pretty useful."
Well, after all the hype in the comments I expected him to have a lot more oomph.
Posted by Dark_Psych0

I still think they should go back to the club just because you get an awesome weapon for teddie who they really should use more.

Posted by Sam_lfcfan

Here's some advice if you want to get rid of a persona:  In the pause menu, you can get rid of a persona by hitting the triangle button. It stays in the compendium and you can get it back whenever you want. That way you never have to fuse just to get rid of things.

Posted by Vorbis

Dying to Hama worked out well, was alot more resourceful today.

Posted by darkspirit138
@atomic_dumpling said:
"
@Sarumarine said:
"I feel good things will happen if you can get your hands on a Black Frost. He's pretty useful."
Well, after all the hype in the comments I expected him to have a lot more oomph. "
Apparently, his last spell is summing like maragidyne.
Edited by t2t2

About glance through / read it thoroughly thingy, from Vhyaste's Persona 4 Guide/Walkthrough: (page 20)

"... When reading books, you may Glance through it or read it thoroughly. It doesn’t matter which one you choose since you’ll still get the boost the book provides. "

Posted by thatguyabass

i cant belive that they spent 5 mins making a card they cant use.....(face slam)

Edited by Curufinwe
@t2t2: It's better to glance thru the books that only boost one stat, and thoroughly read the books that boost two stats.

That way you don't spend all your nights reading books, instead of working or hanging out with Nanako and Dojima.
Edited by FrostyHerpiez

ice boost is a passive skill, and it only affects whoever has it, so its not party wide... also i remember u guys didnt know much about stats so heres some helpful info

magic-increases your magic attack and MP and raises resistence to magic attacks (i dont think it affects your main charachters MP in this game tho)
str- increases physcial damage
end-increases HP
agi-increases your chance to hit and dodge and it might affect who attacks first
luck- affects the chances of hama or mudo attacks working on you, the items that drop, and im pretty sure it affects the treasure chests also... probably not a substantial amount tho

oh and btw while iv never played this game the mind charge and the other charge skill (forget the name) have always been really useful skills in other shin megami games because it more then doubles your next attack, so its worth using, esp if u add on buff ups etc

Posted by AURON570

YES! ENDURANCE RUN LIVES ON!

Posted by DannyJ

When do they post these? This is from yesterday but I didnt see it until today.

Posted by Timdj84

This was posted at like 1 am central.I was up,so I watched it

Posted by ArcticDonkey
@Curufinwe:
Think about it, if they get the party to around level 39 by floor 8 it doesn't make sense to swap in the lower level team which will get flattened. They would have to level the other party on the lower levels again.

They're going to use their A team on the boss so it only makes sense to level them as much as possible.
Posted by bybeach

Great, glad they went on! But then, they took Ep. 81 pretty well. Hopefully learning so it doesn`t get too boring. i`m a bit suprised by this games depth, if thats what I am seeing. It looked like it was really trying to tell J an V they were on the wrong track in 81, and mabe in some different ways. Hard to say, and of course there was a calculated reason to be in the strip club..mabe wrong dundgeon, tho`.

Posted by endaround

Yes there are four skills that once you get you want to make sure to pass on in fusion.  You already know about invigorate and growth (though you dumped growth).  But Mind Charge and especially Power Charge are skills you want to pass on.  Its listed as doing souble damage but its actually more like 2.5X (othewrwise you'd jsut cast the spell twice after all).  Power charge is more valuable because you don't have a physical attack every round but still do the same damage (like I said actually more).  This means the rounds you're charging you likely can use your healer to buff or cast other spells.

Posted by Curufinwe

Stop shouting, Donkey dude.

They won't get flattened since Charlie will still be a high level, and they should be able able to keep Yukiko in as well because of her high SP while bringing in Teddie and Kanji who will level up in a hurry.  Not using the SP of the other characters only makes sense if you don't care about S.Links and are happy to waste days.

Posted by Gahzoo

Teddie is a better caster, but Chie is all about the physicals, she is the hardest hitter for most people who play the game, due to her learning Power Charge.

Posted by kagekage

you guys should really just use kanji, teddie, and yukiko

Posted by Curufinwe

Chie will also have no weakness very soon, whereas Teddie will be getting screwed over by lightning attacks for the rest of the game.

Posted by JeffGoldblum

Where is episode 83????

Posted by Grimi

Remember to pat the fox when you go in you get free stuff!

Posted by ArcticDonkey

@Curufinwe
Sorry that wasn't meant to be in bold.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that focusing on leveling one set of party members is less time consuming and more effective then trying to balance the exp and having a lower average level. If they only swap out Chie and Yosuke once they run out of sp , and gain levels, then the fights will be harder and more frustrating due to half the party not doing much damage and taking hits worse.

Also once they swap Chie and Yosuke back in they won't be as high a level as Charlie and Yukikio. Since this will probably be the team they will use for the boss it's best to make sure that the whole party is as strong as possible.

This isn't really a waste of days since you can make considerable progress in a dungeon with 4 strong party members.

Posted by Timdj84

I assume that they have to catch up on things that they missed while doing E3.Also,they are probably doing longer sessions so that they may have the ability to break them up and spread them out like they were before E3.Therefore,the episodes this week may come a bit later than previous iterations.

Posted by endaround

Sorry but because EXP scales you should switch especially since they shouldn't be using Chie for the boss battle but instead have Teddie. Teddie right now is a powerhosue so even if he's a few levels lower he's stronger than Chie or Yosuke.

Edited by WasteBasket

I had Chie the entire game and had no problems, I never changed out anyone from the original dream team until the two last dungeons because I thought a certain character would be useful. I think you can beat the game with any combination in the party, sure you won't win battles as fast or beat the secret bosses but, I think you can take on the regular game no problem.

Also Chie can kick mother fuckers into space, what other character can?

Posted by MatthewMeadows

I hope Ep 83 goes up soon, before I have to go to sleep. I have 2 make or break exams tomorrow and I really need something to relax me before go to bed. (UK time by the way)

Edited by Eros

Yukiko AND Teddie is a waste of space. One or the other. Both are healers and both have big magic attacks. The most balanced party, and the one I am using in my speed run, is Yosuke, Kanji and Teddie, however this is only argumentatively the best party. At the true ending boss Kanji loses some serious steam, but until then he easily deals more damage than Chie. Teddie vs. Yukiko is really just a aesthetic decision, but since
Teddie's S-Link will automatically max it makes him less worrisome.  Yosuke is a buffer mostly but he serves a wide range of uses, and is the only wind user to join the party.

I meant this more to the people posting that they should use Yukiko, Teddie and Kanji, not to Jeff and Vinny themselves, they are free to do as they wish and I would never wish it otherwise.

Posted by kirisame

It's cool that the community is helping with advice and encouragement, but maybe it would be a bad idea to post entire lists of enemy weaknesses, or boss strategies. Even if it would seem more satisfying to kick a boss or enemy's ass thoroughly on the first try, using a FAQ to that extent on your first playthrough is kind of..

Posted by Zeik
@ArcticDonkey said:
" @CurufinweSorry that wasn't meant to be in bold.Basically what I'm trying to say is that focusing on leveling one set of party members is less time consuming and more effective then trying to balance the exp and having a lower average level. If they only swap out Chie and Yosuke once they run out of sp , and gain levels, then the fights will be harder and more frustrating due to half the party not doing much damage and taking hits worse."
A couple levels is not going to make that significant of a difference in battle. I went through the entire game, on hard, constantly switching my characters, and I never once had an issue with my party members being to weak to be effective in battle.

There are benefits to using a single party, but there are also benefits to switching them around. They're both perfectly viable strategies, and neither one will give you a clear advantage.
Posted by lordofultima

Don't abandon Chie, please. PLEASE. Stick to the guns, who cares what the best party formation is? WHO CARES?!

Edited by Death_Burnout

WA-BAM! There it is...

Posted by King9999
@Curufinwe said:
" Chie will also have no weakness very soon, whereas Teddie will be getting screwed over by lightning attacks for the rest of the game. "
That's no reason to not use Teddie.  Teddie gets excellent spells throughout the game so he's worth using, even if he doesn't lose the weakness.

If Jeff and Vinny insist on using Chie for her ice magic, then they might as well use Teddie.
Posted by SpunkyHePanda

Teddie's awesome in battle. In fact, the main issue I have with him is that he just learns TOO MANY good skills, and it's tough to decide which ones to keep.

Posted by Curufinwe
@King9999: I think they should use everyone.  I used Teddie in the final boss battle to buff & heal.
Posted by FrankCanada97

Teddie's Matarukaja + Chie's Power Charge + Chie's God's Hand = 'nuff said.

Posted by JohnDudebro

I'm in what I'm pretty sure is the last dungeon, and my final lineup is Yosuke, Teddie, and Yukiko. Yukiko's got some real powerful magic, so I figured I'd take her over Kanji, and Chie's been useless spell-wise for a while. With Teddie and Yukiko switching off on healing, I can last way longer climbing up the floors. Yosuke's really useful just for wind and confusion.

The last party member (not spoiling since the ER isn't that far, even though it's kind of obvious) isn't that good for dealing with weaknesses since their specialization is in light/dark/almighty and not elemental. I'm probably not going to use that one again.
Edited by legendary1
All the characters are useful, except (spoiler) on bosses, but (spoiler) makes up for it by making just about EVERY single random encounter a joke, and (spoiler) can still do decently if you have some SP regaining items or cash to fuel a very expensive skill.

At the endgame, the magical attacks really start to pull ahead of the physical ones (especially with proper elemental boosting equipment), so Yukiko, Yosuke, and Teddie are your best choices for the final boss, with yourself either using magic or Yoshitsune's Hassou Tobi. Other party groups though are nearly as powerful, and throughout all but the last 10% of the game the 'best' party will change every 5 levels when some party member gains a new skill that instantly doubles their usefulness.

@darkspirit138
said:
"
@atomic_dumpling said:
"
@Sarumarine said:
Well, after all the hype in the comments I expected him to have a lot more oomph. "
Apparently, his last spell is summing like maragidyne. "
Just Agidyne, BUT he also gets Fire Amp for +50% damage, and comes with Mind Charge. The best single target fire damage that ANY persona can do (excluding one skill that costs 4x as much for 15% more damage)  is Agidyne + Fire Amp + Fire Boost (you can have another persona use mind boost and then switch over the next turn though, so its not needed to have it on the same fire persona), so Black Frost is literally nearly the best fire damage persona you can get, and definitely the earliest. Mind Charge that bastard, have tarukaja/tarunda on and you can easily do about 700-1k damage on the next boss depending on stats/levels.

His resistances are also top notch, he can exploit ice weaknesses fairly well with bufula + ice boost, and has mudoon, which is a quite nice single target death spell.
Posted by AgentSmith

I want episode 83 wtf where is it guys?

Posted by SpartyOn

isn't this the first time the endurance run will miss a day?

Posted by KingBroly

If episode 83 doesn't go up, we'll all be sad.  But maybe that means 85 will be put up on a Saturday.  Who knows.  As long as the standard 5 episodes a week of the endurance run are put out, I don't think anyone should worry.

Posted by Gangway

There are pictures from  what I assume is episode 83 with black frost on Drewbert's staff page so that gives me hope for the future. 

Posted by HT101

Great episode.  I get to watch three episodes in a row because I missed Tues. and Wed. eps and I still need to watch todays.

Posted by Tysman

Just thought i'd say that the Persona they made in the beginning, Samael, is a reference to Lucifer, as that was his name before he fell from heaven, just noticed that and thought it was funny :P

Posted by Gregomasta
@Tysman: There is ALOT of Judeo-Christian references in this game.
Posted by Blueblur1

So they read the books again (and switched to Short on Cash) and ran through the first floor again? Meh.

I would have started on the 5th floor for level purposes and wouldn't have fused Virtue and Undine away. Oh well. From what I've been told glancing equals 2 book sessions and reading thoroughly equals 4. So the stat bonuses would be 1+1 or 1+1+1+1.

Posted by FelixLighter

Poor Ghoul. 

• 162 results