263 Comments
Posted by SM2099

WTF was that?! You want a good comment? Get a persona that uses fire. Damn.

Posted by evilhomer

not yosuke's fault cant do all in when charlie is down or confused or whatever...you guys totally got rocked by them evil babies =P

Edited by Riicochet
@chronix said:
" @King9999: I think they need to grind a little because they have spent too many floors just barely squeezing by enemies.  Those babies took them from full health and with like 2 of their attacks the entire team was in critical condition (2 confused, everyone with less than half health).  There is only so much you can do about managing status effects like dizzy and confused, and it even if they can beat a group of 5 of those guys, they might see 5 more groups throughout the floor.  One suggestion I have for them is to never bolt for the stairs and explore every floor.  That way you will get experience or bail out and try again next time, plus you'll never miss chests with good items in them.Also at the store in the real world, make sure you have several of each of those items for curing status effects and use them before you spend SP on the same task.  (Though I personally would use SP if I only had a couple left and save those for boss battles).  I've grinded a lot but that is because of personal preference, I like making things easier for me down the road.  I don't think it is explicitly necessary but when you cheat yourself out of experience (eg bolt for the stairs) you are going to be in a lot of trouble when these large groups of relatively strong enemies destroy you with a few attacks. "
Agreed.

i think you have two options guys, do what i do and don't grind but play extremely meticulously never taking
chances and taking time, always keeping on your feet.

or

Grind like hell so you will always have the upper hand stats wise incase the battle goes tits up.
Posted by borgmaster

now they can go back down and FIGHT THE MINIBOSS

Posted by Reverseface

I'm pretty sure charlie said WHOREGON on that second fight.

Posted by legendary1

Whenever you don't know what weaknesses the enemies have, Tentarfoo is a great opener to incapacitate half the enemies while you test stuff out.

Posted by TheClap

Starting the week off right!

Posted by AggroCraig

Getting a few more levels would probably be a good idea, but at least there are things to be done that are both fighting more Shadows and also progressing in some way. You could always go back to the club and clear that back out, if the Hama incident didn't leave too bad of a taste in your mouth. And failing that, at some point you'll have to start from 1 and fight your way up to Chapter 7 to fight a mid-boss, which will afford a lot of opportunities for leveling up more.

On the Personas front, I would recommend fusing Dis when you get a recipe that allows you to do so without sacrificing too much. I remember that one being pretty powerful, with a good magic stat and some wicked fire magic (which would have been useful today for sure, haha.)

Don't be discouraged by those babies! =)

Posted by xDot

What are you guys doing, I thought you said you understood the importance of stats ? You just fused a way stronger Parvati to make something weaker - with worse skills.

Concentrate!

Posted by King9999

Yukiko had Maragion...if you used that, you would've killed most, if not all the babies.  See, that's why I keep saying to drop the low-level spells.  Now that you know you can't do an all-out attack when Charlie is down, you can't rely so much the weak magic/all-out attack combo to get by.  Using skills to kill the enemy outright is not a bad idea.

And always heal Charlie...don't even question it.  Use items that cure ailments.  If you aren't sure if you can win a battle, then run.  At this point, you don't need to grind...that's kind of a last-resort thing when all other options are exhausted, but P4 gives you options that you aren't using.

Posted by shroom

still have to get the key on level 7

Edited by lishi

There is no reason to gain more level, levelling is the easy way out. You are by no mean underlevelled if you play well. Its much better experience this way, as long you keep sharp you will not die.

Here is how to beat them:

The turn order is decided by the AGL Stat, so take a persona with a high AGL stat, make sure it have fire damage. Kill them before the even notice you.

If you dont have any you still could have done a much better job.

1) Yosuke tentarofoo is a awesome skill
2) Even if they are not weak to wind use magaru, you will chip ther HP and a luky critical with rampage on Chie will kill them.

Last one: if for some reason they caught you off guard and you know there is not way you will survive use a vanishing ball before dying.

Posted by SinGulaR

Epic fail. INVESTIGATION TEAM GO!!!! :)

Posted by Milkman

I love how people are like offended by this. "IT'S LIKE YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING ANYMORE GUYS?! DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT PERSONA?! GOSH!"

Some people on this site really need to get out more. I thought this was hilarious.

Edited by Riicochet
@Milkman: i seriously doubt jeff and vinny found it "hilarious"

and its not a matter of being angry for the sake of being angry, this episode it looked like they simply did it to fill the weekly quota of an episode a day. No enthusiasm, no effort and most importantly they sounded like they had no fun.

when it gets to the point of the only reason you are enjoying the game is because you are making it fun through inventing personality's for the characters (such as frost and ghoul having acceptance issues and fox and Funky running a underground drugs ring) then i think you guys need to re evaluate if you want to play this game at all.
Posted by FLStyle
Vinny said:
Leave something good in the comments...
IF YOU HAD READ THE LAST EPISODES COMMENTS YOU WOULDN'T EVEN HAD BEEN IN CHAPTER 8 MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES YOU'D BE IN CHAPTER 7 FIGHTING THE MID-BOSS LIKE YOU WERE TOLD TO!!!
Posted by Vlaphor

Remember, your friends will not take a mortal blow for you if the attack hits everyone.

This is something you will lament deeply in the during the main boss battle of this level.

Also, don't be afraid to use your various attack items on enemies to fulfill the elemental requirements of an enemy if the person selected doesn't have the skill.

Posted by Metal_Mills

Can people stop acting like they are personally offended by these videos? If you want to play it in a perfect flawless way like you think you can go get it yourself and stop watching these.

Posted by JJWeatherman

What did sleep ever do for anyone? It's endurance run time!

Posted by Mijati

Best.Episode.Ever

Posted by xDot

Go back and fight the mini boss at floor 7.

Posted by King9999
@chronix: Think of it this way: if they play smart and can kill the enemies on the current floor, they'll get enough EXP so that they won't have to go back to a previous floor and spend a few episodes grinding.  The key words here are "play smart."
Posted by Kowbrainz
@FLStyle said:
"
Vinny said:
IF YOU HAD READ THE LAST EPISODES COMMENTS YOU WOULDN'T EVEN HAD BEEN IN CHAPTER 8 MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES YOU'D BE IN CHAPTER 7 FIGHTING THE MID-BOSS LIKE YOU WERE TOLD TO!!! "
Dude, they recorded this last week before they even received that advice. >.<;
Posted by Curufinwe

FLStyle has made a total fool of himself.

Posted by CactusWolf
@FLStyle said:
"
Vinny said:
IF YOU HAD READ THE LAST EPISODES COMMENTS YOU WOULDN'T EVEN HAD BEEN IN CHAPTER 8 MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES YOU'D BE IN CHAPTER 7 FIGHTING THE MID-BOSS LIKE YOU WERE TOLD TO!!! "
SOMEBODY NEEDS TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN. YOU CAN TELL I'M SERIOUS BECAUSE ALL CAPS.
Posted by endaround

1) Bring in Teddie, you need his healing right now

2) Tentarafoo is one of the most powerful spells in the game and you used it like once since you got it

3) Don't fuse again until you fill up the empty slots
Posted by chronix
@King9999: I didn't say that grinding itself is a necessity.  Though for them I think they should to catch up to where they would be if they had been playing "smart" the whole time (clear each floor, don't skip enemies unless you'll die, never run for the stairs).  How I see it now, they are behind the game as far as XP and level goes, them either taking their time on this floor or backing up like one floor would probably be a worthwhile endeavor, so they can stop losing time to death.  If they do gain a few levels before they continue to the next floor, they might be able to manage the rest of the game without going back to grind, it will be challenging but not necessarily impossible. 

They just need to
  • Gain a few levels themselves (extra HP especially will be very helpful)
  • Fuse personas that are much closer to their level and have some nice stats.  (frankly, this is a problem I need to deal with myself, I have some -7 level [from mine] personas that I use all the time because of their load but I need to fuse them to get some better higher level ones even though I'll lose some useful skills along the way)
  • Adjust their playstyle to fully explore floors and attempt not to avoid enemies (if you are close to death, bail, don't go to the next floor unless you are at the stairs and you think you did a good job with that floor)
Posted by Milkman
@Riicochet said:
" @Milkman: i seriously doubt jeff and vinny found it "hilarious"and its not a matter of being angry for the sake of being angry, this episode it looked like they simply did it to fill the weekly quota of an episode a day. No enthusiasm, no effort and most importantly they sounded like they had no fun.when it gets to the point of the only reason you are enjoying the game is because you are making it fun through inventing personality's for the characters (such as frost and ghoul having acceptance issues and fox and Funky running a underground drugs ring) then i think you guys need to re evaluate if you want to play this game at all. "
Oh please. Stop acting like this a big issue. They fucked up today. They laughed. Most of us laughed with them. There is no issue whether they want to play or not. The fact that we're even talking about this is stupid as hell.
Posted by Milkman
@FLStyle said:
"
Vinny said:
Do you enjoy making yourself look like a idiot?

Posted by Chris2KLee

Hit up the strip club again and burn up some easy XP and get Teddies secret weapon. You might want to put an item on the main character that reduces crits or increase his evasion, since Mind Slice is really doing a number on him, or have a persona that is Null to Physical.  Also you can just run, there are times that your curent level / Persona set is ill suited for a floor.

Also I'm gonna lay this down for you again, GO OUT WITH RISE. I know it's like having to watch a bad teen movie, but her scanning benifits will go up, and her level 10 S-link ability will reveal elemental weaknesses. I'm a Chie guy to, but finsh your business and move on playa!

Posted by JacDG

HOLY SHIT I DID IT! I caught up with the endurance run! I started in mid May!!!!

Posted by Bartman3010

Sometimes I watch these to help me out on what to do. So I'm glad they jump in head first.

As far as I know in Persona (3 and 4) when an enemy hands me down like nothing, just grind. But I hate those damn babies. Even the lower level ones, they hit so damn hard.

Edited by atomic_dumpling

May I remind you people that they record several episodes in one sitting, effectively rendering all "RIGHT NOW" and "ASAP" comments mute? "CapsLock" won't change that, unless it somehow invokes time travel.

Edited by Church069

I've said it before and I'll say it again, go for player advantage.  If no one has an advantage going into a fight the one who has the highest level will go first, which in this case will be those babies.  Just wait a few seconds for the shadows to turn around and cut those fools from the back.  Charlie will go first plus most of your team members will get two turns before the enemy could even get a first attack in.  Plus go back to fight the sub-boss in the maze floor you need to get the key to open the door on the boss floor

Posted by Elementell
@JacDG:  Hah, same here, but I've been caught up for a while. I was watching like 2 or 3 a day, but then when school got out I had so much free time I watched like 5 or 6 per day.

...Anyways, you guys need to take more care of the main character, don't think you can kill the enemy with a weakness you didn't know they had, then heal him later. Making sure charlie doesn't die is your main objective.
Posted by FLStyle

Shout out to all the internet policemen who fell for my anger trap hook, line and sinker.

Posted by Brendan
@Kowbrainz said:
"
@FLStyle said:
"
Vinny said:
Dude, they recorded this last week before they even received that advice. >.<;"

FLStyle is clearly a CAPITAL douchebag. HA!
Posted by KillaMaStA

Maybe you should have saved??

And you should have healed more and used more status stuff. If you wouldve used tentarafoo instead of guarding with yosuke then you could have won

Edited by Roboyto

Secret of Nimh reference by Jeff means this episode is full of win!

PROTIP EDIT: and though i doubt you guys read this far back into the comments but dont you have some items that do elemental damage to enemies? its not a lot of damage but an item that does fire damage to all used by yosuke would have saved you there

Posted by Sarumarine

Heh, don't you guys know? All babies react poorly to fire. Burn them all, that's what I say at least.

But ouch, this is the roughest episode of the Endurance Run yet. I never remembered the babies being that bad before, maybe you need to do some training on the lower floors before the nightmare children show up and eat you alive or whatnot. Hang in there guys.

Edited by FLStyle
@Brendan said:
"
@Kowbrainz said:
"
@FLStyle said:
"
Vinny said:
Dude, they recorded this last week before they even received that advice. >.<;"
FLStyle is clearly a CAPITAL douchebag. HA! "
That's right, dance puppets dance.
Posted by Tofford

There are many ways to beat a baby but no matter how you do it its still wrong

Posted by xMightyMousex

Mind Slice is physical damage so if you had a Nul physical persona....

Posted by Thomper

Was it Drew that added this Conan O'Brien referencing tagline? if so, Drew, you are Awesome, with capital A.

Posted by strangeling

Bad, bad babies!

Go Vinny, Go!
Posted by endaround
@Church069:
No it isn't based on level, its based on agility which is why Yosuke will act first.  What is based on level is player advantage.  Its much harder to get player advantage on higher level (relative to you) shadows than lower ones.  Sicne EA is such a killer fooling aroudn tryign to get it isn't all its cracked up to be.
Posted by Lazyaza

Its funny how people yell and bitch at jeff and vinny so much just because they're playing the game the way they want to.  Does it really matter if they die over and over? let them figure out what to do on their own afterall thats part of what makes gaming fun, if they had known the exact combination of things they needed to do in order to progress then it would be boring as heck to watch them play.

I thought it was pretty damn hilarious they got owned by the same enemies twice.

Posted by RelentlessKnight

woah? At first I thought Vinny pulled a Conan joke

Posted by MeatSim

People need to chill out it's ridiculous how people are getting mad at them just because there not playing the game how they would.

Posted by Bwast

OMFG AT 7:57 VINNY'S SWORD SWING WAS EXACTLY 0.023 SECONDS OFF. WHY DO I EVEN WATCH THIS SHOW ANYMORE?!!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!!!! THIS COMPLETELY FREE VIDEO SERIES, WHICH IS JUST ONE PART OF A WEBSITE FULL OF NOOBS, IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY PRECIOUS LIFE. I HOPE THOSE BABIES MIND SLICE YOU UNTIL YOU L2P!!!!! SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!!!