304 Comments
Posted by Ineedaname
@MagikGimp said:
" I can't believe I'm saying such things but parts of the ER are getting dull; I'm thinking things such as the creeping up behind enemies (which hardly works) or perhaps it just because we've been on this dungeon for a long long time now. Eh, who am I to complain but it's a shame I don't have the same drive I used to after 50 hours; wait a minute...EDIT: Really should watch before posting, this episode is great, very long but great; I'm back to my regular enthusiastic self again!PS: The choice of omelette decides good end, maybe... "
The episode is good, but I agree but with them only having one save, suppose it's best for them not to die, the worst part I've seen which nearly made me turn it off were those four way cross sections in that dungeon just gone, watching Vinny trying to do that was killing me, granted it wasn't his fault but still it's not a nice watch.
Posted by GnsDemon

"Nanako, COOK MY MEAT!!!!" good shit guys. I love the inbetween dungeons shanagans.

Posted by Lazyaza

God damn it all to hell why wont this video play for me, all the other videos do but for some absurdly obscure reason this one wont.  Which makes no sense since clearly other people have been able to watch it. GAAARRHHHH

Posted by EdTwo

hey! you out the armor on kanji.

Posted by InsanePotato
@Yzzerdd said:
" OH shit the shadow is Soundwave. "
Lol so thought that as well.
Edited by Gahzoo
@slyspider said:
"I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! i never played this game but it all makes sence now!!!! To bad i cant say spoilers even if they might be wrong....."

No, you haven't, lol.

Oh and i believe the Asian American is the "best" choice for the omelette, i may be wrong though.
Posted by Aaox

Anyone up for a good old fashioned game of 'King's Game'? I've got the chopsticks ready.

Posted by Axion

I'm at 60:40 - Kanji should rape him, that will never be taken back, either.

Posted by RHCPfan24

This was a most epic episode, gentlemen.

Posted by Undeadpool

HOLY FUCK IT'S 84 MINUTES! YEEEEAH!

Posted by idiotic_genius1

Epic episode

Posted by JukeboxJoe

Wow, this tastes awful!

Damn, I love Teddie

Posted by BlazBleu

Holy?! 84 minutes! Wasn't expecting that!

Posted by Chokobo

Wow, first try.  epic win, apparently.

Posted by LiquidPrince

Our girlfriend mildly retarded XD

Posted by Media_Master

sweet boss fight!

Posted by DRE7777

no offense vinny but sometimes i wanna punch you in the face while im screeming at my computer cause you do things like cast bufu, but armor on kanji, and other terrible rpg type mistakes lol

Posted by CaptainTightPants

"Our Girlfriend is mildly retarted, WHOO!" --Lol

Posted by jmrwacko

3:15 gives me a warm feeling inside

Posted by Zereta

lols great episode.

Posted by CharAznable

"Full wootness," Teddy? Really? 

Nice job tearing up that boss, guys!

Posted by golguin

Coming around a 2nd time and it's still good! I wonder how many people will get nostalgic and head over here during the Deadly Premonition Duo Endurance Run.

Posted by SBYM

Great episode.

Posted by Dethfish

I thought Mitsuo's voice sounded really familiar so I looked it up and found out it's the same guy that plays Kamina in Gurren Lagann. That's cool but a little strange since they're completely different types of characters. One is totally awesome and one totally sucks.

Posted by ChrisTaran

Still an epically awesome episode after all this time :)

Posted by Slax

Oh man....equiping things on the wrong people... Classic Vinny

Edited by Blueblur1

Oh man, they had it easy. The battle went well for them totally due to Black Frost. Well, I guess I should cut Jeff some slack for catching onto the White Wall/Mabufula pattern and for being the brains of the outfit. Vinny is still playing like he's not paying attention part of the time. I didn't notice that he equipped the new armor to Kanji, though. Must have been during one of those moments where one of my co-workers were talking to me.

Oh yeah, I totally expected them to keep Zio on Black Frost. It was a huge relief to see them overwrite it. Phew!

The story bits were hilarious as usual. They're the best part of the Endurance Run. :)

Posted by Hourai

They're really overleveled. This battle took me like four tries. 

Posted by jikoku13

that thing is sooooo weird i mean it just looks possesed and evil.

Posted by zomgenius

Paladin Armor! Pizza Pally, deliver unto me an 80~! xD

Edited by Talon64

well that boss battle went a million times easier than Shadow Teddie.

Posted by Sooty
@Hourai said:
" They're really overleveled. This battle took me like four tries.  "
I think I was underleveled I never got anything doing anywhere near 500+ damage from one attack no matter what boosts I had. Damn it.

I had to go through 3 'shell' phases before I got it down and a few times I got one shot by some annoying spell. Rage.
Posted by MooseyMcMan

That baby thing totally looks like something out of 3D Dot Game Heroes when it builds those outer dealies. Was this meant to be some foreshadowing, Atlus? 

Posted by Undeadpool
@golguin said:
" Coming around a 2nd time and it's still good! I wonder how many people will get nostalgic and head over here during the Deadly Premonition Duo Endurance Run. "
At least one!
Posted by afrofools

The investigation team could have tackled the killer talking to his shadow, and bashed his head on the ground...

Posted by gave1

It's the Minecraft endboss!

Edited by HerbieBug

I quit the game because of this boss.  The problem is you can be totally fine fighting all of the enemies in this dungeon at a relatively low-ish level.  You'll even be okay against the boss if you have the right combination of spells available.  The game is telling you, yeah, you're ready for this boss, you're dealing with his dungeon no problem.  Then you fight him and realize your damage output is woefully low for the requirements of the infinitely respawning shell section.  I fought this foetus for 63 minutes before I got lazy on the defensive spells and allowed protagonist to be KO'd.   That is jrpg gameplay bullshit of the worst degree.   A game should never be setup in such a way that a fight could potentially last 60 minutes+ if your characters aren't high enough level to beat it.   If i'm too low level, at least do me the courtesy of killing my party within the first five minutes of the fight so as to not waste my time.  

Fuck that, i said.  Fuck this game.  I was out for good.  Have not played since. 

Posted by BluPotato

Black Frost is pretty much a brokenly awesome persona up to this point simply becuase of its pretty much the easiest first mind charge combined with natural boost ablitlities.  He's awesome even if you don't plan carrying abilities forward to him.

Posted by AngelN7
@HerbieBug said:
" I quit the game because of this boss.  The problem is you can be totally fine fighting all of the enemies in this dungeon at a relatively low-ish level.  You'll even be okay against the boss if you have the right combination of spells available.  The game is telling you, yeah, you're ready for this boss, you're dealing with his dungeon no problem.  Then you fight him and realize your damage output is woefully low for the requirements of the infinitely respawning shell section.  I fought this foetus for 63 minutes before I got lazy on the defensive spells and allowed protagonist to be KO'd.   That is jrpg gameplay bullshit of the worst degree.   A game should never be setup in such a way that a fight could potentially last 60 minutes+ if your characters aren't high enough level to beat it.   If i'm too low level, at least do me the courtesy of killing my party within the first five minutes of the fight so as to not waste my time.    Fuck that, i said.  Fuck this game.  I was out for good.  Have not played since.  "
So you Quit the game because you didn´t know how to fight? thats funny you cannot blame the game for your mistakes,also I find very hard to belive that you face against all the enemies in this dungeon without having trouble and being under lvl if that would´ve been the case you could´t have face the Sub-boss , I find the Persona games at least 3 and 4 to be very balanced with that stuff , keep Rage quiting and don´t play JRPGs then thats clearly not your genre
Posted by kollay
@HerbieBug: If you couldn't beat this boss, while Jeff and Vinny did, then that says a lot.
Edited by Gerhabio

Oh geez, they gave the armor to Kanji again...

They got rid of Zio on Black Frost, yes! It felt so out of place!
Posted by TruthTellah

One of the best episodes of ER.  Both a big victory and some fun story elements.  This was an encapsulation of the Persona 4 experience. Love it.

Saaaaave.  Save it. Hey, that's pretty good...  Save it!
... Hey...  What are you watchin?  Save it!

Posted by wafflez

Smoke dat baby!

Posted by strangeling

Moving on.

Posted by thebunnyhunter

these seem to be getting exponentially better

Posted by Undeadpool

"WHAT IS YOUR IDENTITY AND HOW DID COME TO BE IN THIS LOCATION?!?!?!"

It's lines like this that make these so rewatchable.

Posted by LikeaSsur

50 hours in, and Vinny still had no idea about turn order.

Edited by Pop

dude don't pop a shadow. that's fucking hilarious.

pretty good episode.

Posted by Seaborgium
Posted by Hef

I wonder if I'll ever stop yelling at the screen by the time this endurance run is over. Turn based strategy is not their genre holy shit. I can't believe xcom was their goty lol