172 Comments
  • 172 results
Posted by glyn

Just a quick question,

Is there anyway you could re-engineer the way the videos work, because at the moment if a video fails to load all the way i am stuck so i have to refresh the page and wait for it to load all again. Or if i want to skip to a part of the video i have to wait for the video to load all the way to that point. This is quite ridiculous. Why cant you just make the videos work how youtube does, where i can control which point i want to start watching at.

Thankyou

Posted by allhailthetv

During the school trip, pick the lamp. You'll know when.

Posted by drew327

Kanji is awesome; when he is sprinkling stuff on his watermelon I cracked up.

Also Vinny yelling "Funky Student Protractor" as a search suggestion.  Awesome; one of the least likely searches ever.

Posted by Blair

Yes, please continue to be a player.  Don't listen to Jeff he's too nice of a guy for that kinda stuff.

Posted by MeatSim

Yea! Charlies gonna be a playa! I think I already said this but there is no penalty for having multiple girlfriends other then your own guilt I guess, but so the game encourages the playa lifestyle.

Edited by Hoshnasi

That something extra Kanji is sprinkling on the watermelon is Salt.  Salt trickr your mind into thinking the watermelon is much sweeter.  Its popular to do in Japan and the south in US.

Posted by gryphon_gold

Would someone mind explaining how avalanche, eggbeater, and elephant have indefinite articles.

Posted by Jeremy_x
@gryphon_gold:
since they begin with a vowel, you say "an" instead of "a". I think thats what they meant, but I'm not a native English speaker.
Posted by Chartor
@gryphon_gold:

It's the difference between the use of "a" and "an", following the grammatical rules that any noun starting with a vowel (avalanche, eggbeater, elephant) or any abbreviation (RSPCA) is referred to with "an" - i.e. An Elephant.

Whereas all other nouns use "a" = i.e. A Lion.
Posted by gryphon_gold

I get it.  They all have the exact same indefinite article.

Thanks.

Edited by Milkman

Oh come on, that riddle was so easy. Go-kart and alarm clock are electric and skateboard and egg timers are not. So, it goes in A.

EDIT: Or human motion or whatever the answer was....

Posted by SpunkyHePanda

To be fair, Naoto's Japanese voice was far more ambiguous.

Posted by gzl5000

This one was extra-hilarious today. Kudos!

Posted by bybeach

I wish I had gotten the indefinete article-B side. I do it all the time, but forgot what it was called. the first one I quessed, but wasn`t sure. melons are a big deal, i think the first high rated 2 in japan (not watermelons!) went for thousands of dollars, less than usual actually. And someone said salt, thats what I(we) used to do when we were young. Don`t know what Kanjii  is sprinkling though..heh..carries salt in his pocket?

Posted by attractivetb

Lived in Japan for 2 years...some of my Japanese friends took me to the beach one day, and they all LOST THEIR SHIT when someone brought a watermelon.

There was a whole ritual built around it.  We had special net to carry the watermelon, with a long rope attached to it.  We tied one end of the rope to our picnic table and the watermelon went in the water. 

Honestly, everybody made a huge deal over the watermelon...it must be a cultural thing.

Posted by Vorbis

You should totally save the school trip for episode 100, would be worthy material.

Posted by CleverLoginName

Man that scene was funky, watch that girl moon walking in the background.

Posted by Cloneslayer

yip yip mother fuckers!

Posted by JP_Russell

Heh, so they decided to wait to drop the bat until they've tested it out.  That's going to be rich watching them miss roughly 7 out of 10 hits, give or take some depending on the evasiveness of the enemy, when they start fighting again.  :P

Posted by LordAndrew
@glyn: You could try clicking one of the tabs at the top, and then switch back to the featured video. It will reload the Flash object, which might cause it to fetch the video file again.
Edited by Chartor

Wait....what?

The investigation team all know about fox cus he hangs in the dungeons with them....but good ol' fox doesn't come up in conversation whilst Charlie and Yukiko chill at the shrine, she doesn't mention him in her nostalgic visits there....

Duh duh duuuuuh!

(Conclusion, fox is the killer!  He's wiping everybody's memories except for your own!)

Posted by LordAndrew

As long as they don't use the bat to attack, they'll be fine. Charlie can attack using his Personas, and it won't be affected by the bat's low hit rate. But when they perform an all-out attack, that makes use of the weapon's attack power, so it's not totally useless.

But if they're going to be using Charlie's normal physical attacks often (which they probably will), then the Edge will probably work out a lot better for them.

Posted by Sarumarine

Wow, you guys had a lot of fun with the Watermelon thing. I wouldn't mind Kanji sprinkling stuff on it... except it's coming out of his pocket.

Posted by Jambones

Smack the melons from the Andes? Or something like that.

Posted by metalsnakezero

If your wondering, Kanji is putting salt on the watermelon to make it sweeter.

Posted by xDot

You should do Rise after Yukiko (.. in every sense of the word) she gets good benefits for battle aswell.

Posted by Chewii101

Port Island here we come!

Posted by MetalGearSunny

A WATERMELON!?

Posted by ToxicFruit

Port island ...
isent that persona 3 ?

Posted by Wraith1
@Toxic said:
" Port island ... isent that persona 3 ? "
yes it is, so prepare for references to persona 3 during the school trip
Edited by skrutop

Dude, you guys are going to need to grind the hell out of Naoto's Social Link.  (S)he's only level 1, right?  And you're like half-way through the game.  Also, notice that there's just enough room between Yosuke and Chie to fit another chair.  I WONDER WHO WILL EVENTUALLY BE SITTING THERE?

Posted by Chartor
@skrutop:

Aw man, i hate that Naoto kid...stuck up little.....acting all mysterious trying to be cool...pfff.
Posted by Hughes

I had a feeling protractor would be in group A, but for a different reason.

The letter T is the 4th letter in "protractor" as with "skateboard" and "egg timer."

Posted by neek

there are always repercussions for having more than one girlfriend... stick with Chie

Posted by Plasma

D'ya recon Vinny will recognise the school from Persona 3?

Posted by GioVANNI

WATERMELON!

Posted by King9999
@Plasma said:
"D'ya recon Vinny will recognise the school from Persona 3? "

Did Vinny play P3?
Posted by Agent_Lost
@King9999: Yes his did
Posted by DragonofFate
@norcalnick: Actually, there aren't in this game.
Posted by RedRoach
@King9999:  not all of it, but i remember him talking about in the early bombcasts, and maybe even the hotspot.
Posted by Dethfish

I know people who sprinkle salt AND pepper on their pieces of Watermelon.

Posted by SketchyBrown

I teared up a little bit when Funky Student had some more riddles to slang at mah boys Vinny and Jeff. Many tears, of course.

CHOO CHOO
KEEP ON TRUCKIN' GUYS

Posted by LordAndrew
@King9999: Enough to recognize Gekkoukan, I'm sure.
Posted by atomic_dumpling
@skrutop said:
" Dude, you guys are going to need to grind the hell out of Naoto's Social Link.  (S)he's only level 1, right?  And you're like half-way through the game.  Also, notice that there's just enough room between Yosuke and Chie to fit another chair.  I WONDER WHO WILL EVENTUALLY BE SITTING THERE? "
First, thanks for spoiling. Second, Vinny and Jeff, please do not hang with that self-absorbed shemale.
Posted by Subject2Change
@norcalnick said:
" there are always repercussions for having more than one girlfriend... stick with Chie "
No there isn't. Had 3 at the end of my game.
Posted by ArmedDragoon
@atomic_dumpling:  Self-absorbed? You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.

Naoto's my favorite character for several reasons, Social Link included. They would really be missing out.
Posted by cityofdis0

PERSONA 5: TOTALLY INVESTIGATION TEAM TOTALLY WATERMELON PARTY!

2012!

Edited by iAmJohn

Your cheating ways anger me, Jeff.  Have you no shame, sir?  HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!

Edited by Curufinwe
@norcalnick said:
" there are always repercussions for having more than one girlfriend... stick with Chie "
Not in P4.
Posted by Mistral

I love seeing the guys go straight for the most roundabout ways the Groups A and B are rockin together, especialyl since the egg timer question is probably the easiest Funky Student question out there.

And joy oh joy, the school trip's coming up! Prepare for a million persona 3 references the guys won't get!

• 172 results