160 Comments
  • 160 results
Posted by Reverseface

I was totally into the whole coversation about video cards on this ER.

Posted by Jimbo7676

People who bitch about people putting ketchup on their hot dogs need to be put down.

Posted by fox01313

If there's a Fry's Electronics near you, try that for the video cards as the one near me has 2-3x the amount of video cards than the dinky Best Buy selection.

Posted by The8Man

Mustard is delicious and it is also effective as a zombie repellant.

...and knowing is half the battle.
Posted by JackiJinx

Gertsmann, you hate mustard? I can forgive your Tom Hanks feelings now.

Posted by TigerDX
@hakunin said:
" @Konanda said:
" If a persona is weak to a certain skill affinity than it will not inherit it ever. Just so you know. "
Though this is generally true, there are a few exceptions. White Rider and Sarasvati for example. "
Sure, plus their Neko Shogun inherited Garula and he's weak to wind I believe.
Posted by Wright

...I like just ketchup on my hot dogs!

Posted by Lilarcor

The bonus boss for Void Quest has a nice sword for Charlie, when you guys get there.

Edited by TigerDX

Quick tip:

You can get an Arcana Chance even if you pick a blank card from the shuffle. Use this to aim for an upright Moon card (probably the best card - gives more EXP).

So even if you don't want the Persona on offer in the Shuffle Time, aim for a blank card and you might still get something out of it.

Edit: Figures I'd finally remember to post this tip quarter way through the video because otherwise I keep forgetting, only for you guys to figure it out in this episode anyway...

Posted by YetiAntics

Ah, the dreaded Best Buy disease.
RESIST THE URGE, VINNY! FACE YOUR FEARS!

Posted by hakunin
@Konanda said:
" If a persona is weak to a certain skill affinity than it will not inherit it ever. Just so you know. "
Though this is generally true, there are a few exceptions. White Rider and Sarasvati for example.

Posted by Konanda

If a persona is weak to a certain skill affinity than it will not inherit it ever. Just so you know.

Posted by Gahzoo
@Nexas said:
"Triglav is weak to lightening  so it can't inherit zio spells. "

Yup.
and Teddie isn't that bad level wise
Posted by Grillbar
@hakunin said:
"@VilhelmNielsen said:
" Damn, I won't see any ER next week. But I'm going to be at Roskilde! See ya past the hundred! "
Damn you! You had to remind me I'm not going this year.Ha' en god festival!"

fucking snyd go tur
Posted by applesaucemen

I cant wait until they go to the school trip, theres a scene that i cant wait to see again.

Posted by Dethfish

They may not have gained tons of exp from those low level enemies but I think they got quite a bit of money from all that.

Edited by hakunin
@VilhelmNielsen said:
" Damn, I won't see any ER next week. But I'm going to be at Roskilde! See ya past the hundred! "
Damn you! You had to remind me I'm not going this year.

Ha' en god festival!
Posted by VilhelmNielsen

Damn, I won't see any ER next week. But I'm going to be at Roskilde! See ya past the hundred!

Posted by SmAsH
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @Insectecutor said:
" Seriously, get an ATi card. They are currently the fastest and cheapest until nVidia produce something better. "
Well, the rule of thumb is: For sheer performance and more bang for the buck get ATI, for best image quality with maximum settings pick nVidia. Nothing beats clamp & 16xHQ AF, if you can run that smoothly. "
Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Stop giving people false information.

As for Persona 4, I must admit this is one of the more boring episodes. Not because of you talking about reviewing and video cards, that was interesting to listen to, but rather you fighting those pointless low levels with your "B Team". What is the point of leveling them up? When in the end all you use it the "A Team" anyways. I say you ditch the B and get with the A. :D
Posted by RVonE
@monkeybot said:
"Why do they keep on doing this? This is so fucking inane. This is like ,  the third time they have trained here.

"

They haven't fought the optional boss in this dungeon yet. Usually, that gives some good xp and a nice item.
Posted by Curufinwe

The first two times they got killed.

Posted by monkeybot

Why do they keep on doing this? This is so fucking inane. This is like ,  the third time they have trained here.

Posted by CrescendOtaku

Hey guys, if you're settled on the A team to carry you to the end of the game, whats the point of spending so much time grinding to level up the B team. Its about time to finally retire them I think

Posted by gakon
@ghostNPC said:
" I dunno if Jeff or Vinny actually reads all of these comments, guys. Just saying. "
Not all of them, but they've picked up on plenty of things (the bat's hit rate, not needing a Death Persona for the Death S. Link)

I wonder if the Void Quest will have enemies with valuble amounts of EXP.  All the mobs in Marukyu were in the low-30s, even lower than Kanji.

So this game isn't like Persona 3, in which it's best to level everyone until the end?@CountBubba said:
" Yosuke learns a lot of buffs that affect the whole team. With all of his buffs, he goes from "the guy who occasionally casts wind spells or heals people" to "clutch support fighter who can make difficult battles way easier."  "
Not really; the only support spells he gets are Sukukaja and Masukukaja (hit/ev up).  Kanji will learn Matarukaja (atk up), and Teddie will learn Mataru and Maraku (def up).  It's a shame none of your groupmates learn debuff spells, considering how expensive they are in P4.  Debilitate probably makes up for that.
Posted by youcanmakeanythingoutofhemp
@Eurobum said:
" @monkie89 said:
" Jeff Gerstmann: "There's a crowd of people who seem totally unwilling to accept the concept that not every game is for every person."
Jeff Gerstmann: "How can anyone like Dynasty Warriors? These games are garbage. Fact." "
A perfect contradiction, thanks for pointing it out.

@Eurobum:
Just because some games are not meant for all people, does not mean that some other games are not 100% garbage.  I am not saying that Dynasty Warriors falls in the second category, just that those are not necessarily contrary statements.

Posted by Zokari

I like how they seem to think bringing lower level characters with them is somehow going to completely cripple them even though Charlie is doing most of the killing anyway.

I really wish they'd stop wasting time with these worthless low level enemies. All that time fighting weaklings is time that could be spent fighting enemies that actually give reasonable amounts of EXP.

Posted by Chewii101
@Eurobum: Don't you think its a bit odd that a game has been made basically the exact same way for a decade with its broken mechanics, graphics, controls, camera etc.....and he still has to review them cause for sum inexplicable reason it still sells? Its got to be a least a little frustrating for reviewers who have to deal with crap over and over again.
Posted by DannyJ

Play Saints Row 2 Vinnie! Once you play it, you begin to realize it's the greatest game ever. Frecklebitch's ftw

Posted by gamermatt8

Aw, I was really looking forward to them getting to the school trip scenes, new we gotta wait until Monday for that.

Oh, and I would advise you guys to decide on a permanant party soon because if you keep using all the characters then your final party won't be as strong as it could be and then you may have to grind a lot to beat the final boss.

Posted by ghostNPC

I dunno if Jeff or Vinny actually reads all of these comments, guys. Just saying.

Posted by Eurobum
@monkie89 said:
" Jeff Gerstmann: "There's a crowd of people who seem totally unwilling to accept the concept that not every game is for every person."
Jeff Gerstmann: "How can anyone like Dynasty Warriors? These games are garbage. Fact." "
A perfect contradiction, thanks for pointing it out.
Giantbombers please resist the urge to sound judgmental, like the the lower tier of the mass media. You can stil be informative and witty, without taking this particular role, the role of a judgmental old fool.  It requires constant journalistic dilligence. Jeff you have to accept this other self. You are still you...

Also you can't just rely on your charisma and intution to carry you through, while spouting ignorant BS outside your fields of expertise. I find it extremely alienating and I'm sure others do as well. Only posting this because I like Giantbomb (particularly for the "Blood in, Blood out" references).
Posted by KEITH1437

I put both on ketchup and mustard on my hotdogs, I'm insane! :O

Posted by Floppypants
@Ben_H: If you ever put ketchup on a hotdog in Chicago you'll be murdered.
Posted by BulletStorm

I like the grinding episodes, it's like a mini Giant Bombcast but with Persona 4. I do skip around a lot but whatevs. 

Posted by Ben_H

I always put ketchup on my hotdogs.  It's way better than mustard.

Edited by n8

FYI VINNY

You should maybe consider going and fusing a Magician before you go back out of the TV.  Not really sure why you passed it up.  That Fusion Forecast EXP bonus was pretty large (as you should have noticed, Triglav got a lot more than 100k).  And an equivalently high level caster Persona should be something you guys would want. 

If I remember correctly, I thought I saw a couple Magician options on the fuse menus... and you guys didn't even look at them. 

Just a thought!

Cheers,

EDIT:  Yeah...  went back and watched.   Triglav got over 210k EXP and standard with Max S. Link was 128k EXP bonus.  You guys may have already beaten the boss and gone back out of the TV by now and we wouldn't have seen it.   But if you haven't...  go FUSE more.   :-)

Posted by TripMasterMunky

Wait, there's people that don't put ketchup on hot dogs?! Where are they from?

Posted by Zaapp1

Ketchup ftw...

When you're getting low exp, that's how much your dude personally gets, but it scales more to lower leveled characters/personae and less to higher leveled ones.  If you get 100 exp, they may get 500 if lower leveled, or 50 if higher leveled.  Same goes for your own persona.

Posted by DeadMonkeys

HAHA! People got UPSET because you put ketchup on hotdogs? Eff those guys, ketchup is the only condiment I use on my dogs.

Posted by Curufinwe
@CountBubba said:
" At least B Team episodes are short because of his prohibitively low SP bar. Just start a new day or pay the Fox. "
This is terrible advice.  Starting new days means fewer days available for S.Linking, you know, the thing they enjoy most about the game.
Edited by skrutop

You can put ketchup on normal hotdogs, but not Vienna beef.

I loved Saints Row 2, so much fun to play.  Plus Worf's in it.

Edited by Beomoose

Guys, you never used Ares (even though you totally should have a couple times) and you just made a physical attack persona that can wipe the floor with Ares. So Effing Fuse Ares!

Posted by KillaMaStA
@monkie89 said:
" Jeff Gerstmann: "There's a crowd of people who seem totally unwilling to accept the concept that not every game is for every person."Jeff Gerstmann: "How can anyone like Dynasty Warriors? These games are garbage. Fact." "
lol
Posted by CountBubba

You guys need to learn to love buffs and debuffs - Yosuke learns Masukukaja, and I think Black Frost has it already? Anyway, it's the buff that makes your whole party hit% up and evade up, and it works surprisingly well, especially against bosses.

Yosuke learns a lot of buffs that affect the whole team. With all of his buffs, he goes from "the guy who occasionally casts wind spells or heals people" to "clutch support fighter who can make difficult battles way easier."

Also, having a B Team is a waste of time. Teddie's okay, but doesn't hit nearly as hard as Chie, and Kanji would be good if his magic wasn't HORRIBLE. At least B Team episodes are short because of his prohibitively low SP bar. Just start a new day or pay the Fox.

Posted by bybeach

Right on about the way you tested the bat..see for yourselves. thatway, you`ll at least see if it has a niche use. And what game isn`t boring at times, even a FPS. Been lucky this rather unusual game (to me) has been often fun, with the endurance team doing the rest of the lifting. Free ride, so to speak.

Oh yeah, enjoy the mini reviews while you deal with the grind!

Edited by Intrepid

Built a new PC awhile ago and I'm lovin' it.  I wouldn't have had to if my video card didn't fry because of overheating.  My screen was littered with artifacts...ugh.  I'm currently using the ATI 4850 and its a decent card.

I should've waited though as there's a new Pentium out right now and they had a promotion a while ago :(

Posted by xDot

Those vow accessories are the best things ever you need a wind, fire and ice one for each of your respective characters. And they'll get stronger, like the one you got has a 20% boost, you'll eventually find one with 50%.

Posted by gakon

If you guys want an at-a-glance look at what skills you have, press Triangle and go to the Skill menu, and you can scroll through all your healing, damage, and support skills.

Edited by Death_Burnout

I agree with most things about Fuel. but i seem to overlook all its problems, i hate the driving physics, i hate the limited Car Damage, i hate the damn shitty "original" music...BUT, some reason, i still like it. I did always think it was like an Off Road Test Drive Unlimited.

But i thought you didn't like Open Off Road games anyway Jeff? bar Smugglers Run.

It's kinda weird how you dont seem to like any games anymore.

Posted by Meltbrain

Another great episode, a little bit boring though. Looking forward to seeing some boss battles!

• 160 results