109 Comments
  • 109 results
Posted by Seaborgium
Posted by Pop
Posted by LikeaSsur

No, Vinny! You should've rushed that thing twice a turn!

Ah, well, go Persona 4 Endurance Run 2012!

Posted by MaFoLu

"They should make a persona based fighting game"

Too bad they didn't do it the right way... I want beat up other personas as Jack Frost!

Posted by Ratfoot

Persona based fighting game anyone?

Posted by ErinIsADrunk

Their inability to do simple math always bothered me.

Edited by Marokai

The insistence on Mind Charging that entire fight instead of just casting Bufula with Black Frost every turn and then rushing twice as often (doing 500 damage a rush!) kind of blew my mind. That was crazy inefficient.

Posted by Ninja

This video is not working for me.

Posted by Shadow

I can't believe you guys got through the entire endurance run without noticing incubus's massive horn penis

Edited by Media_Master

That's a big baby!!!

Posted by strangeling

Dodge Wind.

Perfect opportunity for a fart joke missed.

Go Vinny, Go!
Posted by Lazyaza

Sigh, the videos still wont work for me. God I wish they'd fix their server glitch already.

Posted by RVonE
@Undeadpool: Yeah, you've got a point there.
Posted by Undeadpool
@RVonE:
I get that they help, but Jeffy and Vinny flat-out REFUSING to even start Rise's until they have a Lovers is a bit...off. Not that I blame them with all the power-gamers on here INSISTING that's 100% mandatory.
Posted by RVonE
@Undeadpool said:
"Firstly: LOVE the Endurance Run ,it's made my second playthrough of Persona 4 intensely more amusing and you guys are a perfect duo.Secondly: It seriously isn't that big of a deal if you don't have a "representative" persona when you're building Social Links. I've been taking that advice since it's being SO soundly trumpeted, and it hasn't made my progress noticeably faster.Thirdly: All the little uber-JRPGers, please stop whining that they aren't playing the game EXACTLY "right." It's a first playthrough, they don't have to reach level 99 and max all their s. links. Posting advice is cool, but posting long diatribes about how they should be doing things EXACTLY how you did them is a little excessive (and more than a little egotistical).You're over halfway there, guys. KEEP WITH IT! "

Firstly, while it is not a big deal to not have a matching persona when s.linking, it does matter a lot in advancing your S.links. When you always have a matching persona you can max out more social links during the game than when you don't use matching personae.
Secondly, I agree with your point that people should lighten the hell up.
Posted by MagikGimp

Why didn't you make that Hanged guy?

Posted by Conflict
@monkeybot said:
" This......is.....bullshit. Are they really going to stall until friday with all of this filler?  Things happen after the trip

too , you know. 
"
Nowhere near as good as the trip though, I'm personally all for them waiting for episode 100 to go on the trip.
Posted by monkey523
@Undeadpool: I wholeheartedly agree with your third point.  Let Vinny and Jeff have their fun, that's why they're doing this in the first place.

Posted by Onomarchus

We're having Christmas in July, Jack Frost is coming to town, and he's black!

Posted by legendary1

Persona 3 has a much better atmosphere, pacing, and music IMO. I liked the characters of P3 a bit more but on the other hand you seem to get more chances to interact with them in P4, so it about balances out. Everything else P4 is ahead in.

Posted by LeadNinja
@Daroki: I think I know exactly what you're talking about there, from where I am in the game and from who I know returns.  If it's what I think it is, it sounds like what I was expecting anyway.  Thanks.
Posted by LeadNinja
@monkeybot:

Similar but with a "darker" tone.  You shoot yourself to summon personas and instead of a serial killer killing a few people, an Apathy Syndrome is causing people to sit around all depressed.  I'm enjoyng it a lot but I care about P4's characters more.

Glad to hear I can carry on watching without spoiling 3.
Posted by Daroki
@LeadNinja said:
"I'm playing P3 at the mo.  Is this visit to Gekkoukan High gonna include anything particularly spoilerific?"

Not really, but you get to see that one of the minor characters has had a positive change for getting to know you.  Nice nostalgia too with the musical changes...
Posted by Dan_CiTi

Hanged Man arcana is the arcana of Saki Konishi's brother you hung out with after school once, he was a dick to you.

Posted by NickL

why did they not fuse neko shogun? he is 10 levels lower then them and therefore useless to them at this point, i have never played this game and even i have learned that by now...

Posted by Undeadpool

Firstly: LOVE the Endurance Run ,it's made my second playthrough of Persona 4 intensely more amusing and you guys are a perfect duo.
Secondly: It seriously isn't that big of a deal if you don't have a "representative" persona when you're building Social Links. I've been taking that advice since it's being SO soundly trumpeted, and it hasn't made my progress noticeably faster.
Thirdly: All the little uber-JRPGers, please stop whining that they aren't playing the game EXACTLY "right." It's a first playthrough, they don't have to reach level 99 and max all their s. links. Posting advice is cool, but posting long diatribes about how they should be doing things EXACTLY how you did them is a little excessive (and more than a little egotistical).
You're over halfway there, guys. KEEP WITH IT!

Posted by monkeybot
@LeadNinja:  No , only a few minor characters show up and talk to you. They talk about what one of the 

characters is up to , but not about anything pertaining to the story. How is persona 3 by the way?
Posted by LeadNinja

I'm playing P3 at the mo.  Is this visit to Gekkoukan High gonna include anything particularly spoilerific?

Posted by monkeybot

This......is.....bullshit. Are they really going to stall until friday with all of this filler?  Things happen after the trip

too , you know. 
Posted by allhailthetv
@BenderUnit22: Yosuke sucks in the last two dungeons Teddie learns Marakukaja and Amrita, which are a pluses since he's a healer. Kanji learns Primal Force and Matarukaja. Chie is useless for the next two dungeons, especially because she has already learned all the magic she's going to. Yukiko doesn't learn those useful Teddie skills, and the only thing she has going for her is Salvation, which costs too much SP, and is much better used by a protagonist with a Chakra Ring and a persona that knows it (Yes, there are personas that know Salvation, I've checked). You don't usually need both full party status curing and healing, anyway, and as long as you have the right personas and items, those few scenarios aren't problems either. The only A Team member worth putting in the final party is Chie, due to her deadly Power Charge + God's Hand combo, but you know what? Kanji can increase the damage that deals with a good 'ol Matarukaja. So, best party for end of game=Chie, Kanji, and Teddie.
Posted by amandackrueger
@Mistral:

Word. Physical skills are pretty awesome, and I wish they'd use them more...especially since Chie is in their party so much. Rampage was my best friend for most of the game!
Posted by Aaox

I cannot wait for the school trip, duders. This is going to be hilarious! HIL-LAR-IOUS. I mean, just look what they did with episode 71!

Posted by ashogo

Jeff and Vinny: you guys really don't have to have 100% full sp before every boss, especially the optional ones like this (as you could probably tell). Usually having between 50-75% is enough, especially for Yukiko since she is loaded with sp.

Posted by xDot
@Power_and_Glory: I'm pertty sure I said I didn't have a problem with it, lets double check.

Yep totally said it's okay the way they're playing it. Also there is such a thing as constructive critism, just because people are giving advice doesn't mean we're all pissed off and hate watching the videos - we're just trying to help.
Posted by Power_and_Glory
@xDot said:
" I can't believe you guys still don't know how to fight after 96 episodes.Mind charged Agidyne = 600 somethin' damage in two turns Regular Bufula + All out attack = 700 damage in ONE turn.But you get the job done, and you say funny things along the way so it's okay.Carry on. "
Exactly they get the job done so then whats the problem? They play the game the way its fun for them. After all isn't that why we play games?
Posted by kagekage

ahhh dont blame drew loll

Edited by gamermatt8

Aw they havn't gotten to the school trip yet, and from the sound of it they might not get to it until Wednesday or maybe Thursday.

Posted by Beomoose

Also, 16 minutes is weak.

Posted by Beomoose

Guys, you never use Ares and you have a better physical persona. Fuse him or dump him.

Posted by Davin

Pretty lame episode today. :(

Posted by HT101

Void Quest fighting tomorrow is good stuff.  Can't wait to see if they get owned or not.

Posted by brighteye007
@xDot said:
"I can't believe you guys still don't know how to fight after 96 episodes.Mind charged Agidyne = 600 somethin' damage in two turns Regular Bufula + All out attack = 700 damage in ONE turn.But you get the job done, and you say funny things along the way so it's okay.Carry on."

@xDot:

oh, come on, half the fun is watching them casting ice on an ice reppelant foe, only to watch them do it again ten minutes later....
or wipeout because the main character got hit with a lycky shot, start from last save, get a " no intadeath" lucky charm , and not use it on main character.
Posted by xDot

I can't believe you guys still don't know how to fight after 96 episodes.

Mind charged Agidyne = 600 somethin' damage in two turns

Regular Bufula + All out attack = 700 damage in ONE turn.

But you get the job done, and you say funny things along the way so it's okay.

Carry on.

Posted by Dethfish

This week is gonna be good. Episode 100 is almost here.

Posted by LordCraven
@brighteye007:
I think a tabletop RPG would be better... it would keep nerds from being total lozers by encouraging "Social Links" with actual people.
Posted by brighteye007

A game that would be better than a Persona fighting game...
Lets try and make a Persona the gathering TCC, not only do you have the usual MtG decks, wind,fire,dark,light and so on, you also have chariot , death and sun decks. Put some "hero" and " villain" cards into that mix and it would be an awesome game right ?
( oh, and a "turn" is a whole day and the weather affect everything that day.)

Posted by Mistral

I say keep b-team, just because seeing the same three party members all the time gets boring. Ideally you'd go back through old dungeons using the B team on the same day you use the A team to go through a current dungeon(to save SP for the A team and all that), and you'd have an excuse to do the s-links for the members of the B team(especially now that half your A team have their links maxed). The exp loss for the A team is so miniscule that the only people who care are OCD powergamers, so it isn't a huge loss all things considered. You have bigger things to worry about than giving the A team 50 more exp, like realizing that physical skills are good and that you should always always ALWAYS fuse crap that's more than five or six levels below you into something higher leveled(the exception being Black Frost, who rules for a very long time). Don't dismiss potential new personas just because they're not focused on MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC or HEALING HEALING HEALING; physical skills and light/dark spells start to be very important around this point in the game, and ignoring them means that you're losing a lot of very useful personas.

Posted by Baggykins
Posted by bzzzar

16min is way too short ep :(

• 109 results