125 Comments
  • 125 results
Posted by Seaborgium
Posted by Pop

I wonder if that stoner story from the end of the video actually happened to Jeff.

Posted by MrKlorox
@ChrisTaran said:

And lo, on this day the Endurance Run thumbnail numbering hath began.

Yes, but it'll still be a few more until they stop muting the colors.
Posted by ChrisTaran

And lo, on this day the Endurance Run thumbnail numbering hath began.

Posted by GonzoSnot

@IceTrey87: Don't take it so seriously, damnit man. It's a funny series of videos. It's not them trying to be the best or whatever.

Posted by Teizen

sweet

Posted by Krystal_Sackful
@Rinkalicous
Zuzu is also the name of the daughter from Its a Wonderful Life.
Posted by Sayishere

vinny!

Posted by Marokai

It's kind of amazing that, well over 50 hours in, Vinny still routinely hits the wrong menu buttons and has to remind himself of what the sword button is.

Posted by IceTrey87

The longer you wait during the shuffle makes it harder to pick out the right card.  Sitting there and staring at it for fifteen seconds is suicide, you might as well just put down the controller.  Also, please stop making dumber versions of personas you already have, the level might be higher but they always have less or worse moves.  I realize this is redundant since the endurance run is over and I'm just late, but damn....
Posted by strangeling

Go, Vinny. Go!    

Posted by Baggykins

Finally found the episode i came to, stopped watching for a little while, and i forgot how easy it is to get lost in the episodes ..

Posted by Media_Master

3 digits

Edited by AuthenticM

Does Vinny really have a daughter? I'm just curious.

Posted by Rinkalicous
@masterken said:
" saying pazuzu reminds me of futurama, and the professor's pet griffin named zuzu "
Oh, THAT'S where I recognise it from! It's been bugging me for ages.
Posted by masterken

saying pazuzu reminds me of futurama, and the professor's pet griffin named zuzu

Posted by sneakysnake128
@dbz1995 said:
" Why can Rangda learn Repel Physical if it already can repel physical? "
So the skill can be passed on when fusing future personas. Imagine keeping that skill. You'd be impervious to all physical attacks as long as you have that persona equipped.
Posted by lishi
@amino said:
" @lishi said:
" You guys might want do some fishing this month.

Only for september you can trade a Haikara Shirt for some fish i don't remember.

That thing will give you  +50% xp gain. 
"
You need a Guardian fish to get Haikara Shirt but in order to catch Guardian your social link with fox must be Rank 9. "
That is the training katana witch give the same effect.

The shirt is listed for september, i missed it (doh) so im not sure what fish you need for it.
Posted by Geoff
Never get rid of Black Frost!!! Mind Charge + 50% boost plus Agidyne is more powerful than anything you can get for a long time yet. I used him on the true ending boss at level 69!
Posted by dbz1995

Why can Rangda learn Repel Physical if it already can repel physical?

Posted by Vorbis

When vinny said they can't cross the threshold the same thing came into mind as jeff, Phantasy Star Online. 

Posted by WholeFunShow

103rd comment, losers.

Edited by TommyH

Entertaining as always! I just want to give you a tip that my buddy gave me. Max out Pazuzu, he gets the Cool-breeze skill, which gives you back 8% spirit and health(i believe) after each encounter. This makes you able to go on far longer excursions... actually i think Yatagarasu(the crow dude) also gets this skill at some point.

Posted by Parallelogramist

Signed up just so I could post this, I wonder if Jeff and Vinny will get all the endings or if they decide to tell everyone to just buy the game to see either normal or true ending.

Posted by Eirikr

Just another reminder to make sure Rangda learns and keeps Repel Physical to pass on to other personas! It's a crucial step to make the game eat out of your hand and extend the amount of time you can spend inside the TV.

Posted by amino
@lishi said:
" You guys might want do some fishing this month.

Only for september you can trade a Haikara Shirt for some fish i don't remember.

"
You need a Guardian fish to get Haikara Shirt but in order to catch Guardian your social link with fox must be Rank 9.
Posted by SM2099

Great episode.. but dudes really buy Yukiko and Yosuke a more powerful weapon it would really help you out in this situation since you sometimes don't know what the new enemies weakness could be.. also seing Yousuke and Yukiko attack in comparison to Charlie and Chie is quite depressing. You got the money, you gotta spend money to make money... or so Im told.

Cheers!

Posted by SaraHysaro

Another great episode! I have to wonder what a Humonculus in this game looks like. I agree with Jeff's "ew" comment about the idea of it, based on what I think it looks like. xD

Anyway, I hope they chose to stay in the TV world and continue in the dungeon. I mean, it would be a massive waste of SP if they don't, and the farther they get the less in-game days it'll take to save Naoto.

Posted by ChibiSoma

@Jeff&Vinny

http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/nm6889238 Check this out. Someone on Niconico Douga, the Japanese version of Youtube, put together clips from the English version of P4 where it's basically just the voice actors yelling their Personas' names. This translates to Johnny Yong Bosch just screaming silly shit for 3 minutes. It has the other party members at the end, but JYB's are the best.

You can download the clip as an mp3 by going to the box below the player and clicking the right of the two options.

IPPON-DATARA.

Posted by Undeadpool

@Mistral:

So I see, but it still seems a little pricey at that.

Posted by ashogo
@AbsoluteApathy said:
" @Sarumarine said:
Downright means SP becomes 1, like it says on that handy chart. Ideally you get the Judgement card when you're low, so you have nothing to lose. "
I'm fairly certain reverse Judgement halves the partys sp, not reducing it to 1. "
This is correct; it's halved.
Posted by Mistral
@Undeadpool said:
"@FluxWaveZ: I've been wondering that myself.I get Power Charge, you only use half the HP you normally would, but mind charge seems useless until you get up to the Dynes when spells cost more than 15 SP "

The Charge spells techincally boost damage by 2.5x instead of 2x, so if you're fighting a boss then Mind Charge is pretty useful, especially in combination with the usual array of stat ups/downs(although I generally find mind/power charging and stat altering to be a waste of time in regular battles).
Posted by Konanda

Incase someone hasn't said already homunculus is a one time use item.

Posted by skywing

i really like vinnys singing its kinda funny

Posted by marchismo
@mysteriousfox said:

Also, and I don't know if this has already come up, but has anyone else noticed a theme in the names of Investigation Team Personas? Specifically, the fact that it's the character cast of Okami (or really, just legendary figures from Japanese folklore)? Konohona Sakura was the Cherry Blossom Spirit in the first town, Susano-O  was the drunken swordmaster, and in persona 3, when you used shrine to Amaterasu (the main character in Okami, and sun goddess of myth), it answered with a yip. That shrine happened to look a whole hell of a lot like fox's shrine. Just some food for thought. (There was also a multi headed dragon persona named Orochi a while back, but he's not a permanent persona, so whatever.) 

This.  Both games, as well as many other Japanese RPGs, mine heavily from the same stock of Japanese mythological figures.  Shadow Hearts: Covenant is another example.
Posted by Reverseface

mad wind yo

Posted by Dethfish

I've been playing P4 for about 20 hours and I've noticed that Jeff and Vinny play the dungeons way different than me, which is weird because I figured I'd play it exactly the same as them after watching them play for so long.

For one thing I run right at the shawdows everytime. I hardly ever get the advantage but I don't waste time waiting for them to turn around. I also use Chie different. I was using her magic but then I noticed how awesome stuff like Rampage was and ever since then I hardly use ice spells unless I have to. They're also way better at bosses than me. How many times all together have they died agaisnt bosses? I just got done with Kanji's boss and I'm already up to 5 deaths. I don't know why, I'm higher leveled than they were but I usually get my ass kicked. Maybe I'm to impatient or something.

Posted by artofwar420

They could have kept going, but oh well. TENTAROOFOOOL. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Posted by Undeadpool
@FluxWaveZ:
I've been wondering that myself.
I get Power Charge, you only use half the HP you normally would, but mind charge seems useless until you get up to the Dynes when spells cost more than 15 SP
Posted by AbsoluteApathy
@Sarumarine said:
Downright means SP becomes 1, like it says on that handy chart. Ideally you get the Judgement card when you're low, so you have nothing to lose. "

I'm fairly certain reverse Judgement halves the partys sp, not reducing it to 1.
Posted by lishi

You guys might want do some fishing this month.

Posted by df

pick the card faster, or they will keep getting harder to track.

Posted by AaronP

VINNYYY MANNN!! your forgetting to register persona's. You didn't register Yatagarasu (crow thing) and fused him, so will probably never pick that card again as you think you have it already.

You did fuse to make him once but died right after before you had chance to save.

Oh well this has now made me determined to get Persona 4 tomorrow. I think i like the game a little too much and am letting you guys play it for me.

Posted by GrandpaStu

FYI. HAL-9000 is watching you through every door you take.

Edited by legendary1
@Jason_Bourne said:
" SOMEONE HELP........... due to power outages, i have only seen the first half of today's ER, and don't feel like reloading the video AGAIN just to see some fights. So can anyone tell me if anything important happens, like a story scene. Don't tell me what it is, just tell me if i need to watch the video. "
Nothing unless you count the 2/3 lines of dialog each level they go down through the dungeon, just a little bit of foreshadowing/repeating whats already known. They picked up a Homonculus from a random chest that will give them a get out of jail free card against 1 instant kill light/dark spell.
Posted by RedRoach

SOMEONE HELP........... due to power outages, i have only seen the first half of today's ER, and don't feel like reloading the video AGAIN just to see some fights. So can anyone tell me if anything important happens, like a story scene. Don't tell me what it is, just tell me if i need to watch the video.

Edited by legendary1

BTW, I just remembered an excellent fusion you can do now. Take Setanta (level 34 Emperor), have him learn Auto-Maraku. Fuse him with Hanuman (level 42 Strength) to get Hitoko-nushi. Have him learn Auto-Masuku. Fuse him with Mot (level 46 death) to get Narasimha who learns Auto-Mataru. As long as you have him equipped with these skills, you will now start every battle with everyone in your party under the effects of tarukaja/rakukaja/sukukaja for 3 turns. If you don't want to screw around in fusion that long, auto-mataru is awesome enough.

Edited by mysteriousfox

To the guy saying discard the repel physical skill, you sir are CRAZY. They're getting repel physical as an inheritable stat, which sounds pretty damn useful to me. Set up Repel Phys and invigorate 2 on some weird-ass persona with a bundle of element-nulls, and suddenly Charlie Tunoku is a nigh-invincible tank. Sure, the odds of that happening are slim, because fusing is needlessly complicated. But hey, there's a chance. 

Also, and I don't know if this has already come up, but has anyone else noticed a theme in the names of Investigation Team Personas? Specifically, the fact that it's the character cast of Okami (or really, just legendary figures from Japanese folklore)? Konohona Sakura was the Cherry Blossom Spirit in the first town, Susano-O  was the drunken swordmaster, and in persona 3, when you used shrine to Amaterasu (the main character in Okami, and sun goddess of myth), it answered with a yip. That shrine happened to look a whole hell of a lot like fox's shrine. Just some food for thought. (There was also a multi headed dragon persona named Orochi a while back, but he's not a permanent persona, so whatever.) 

Oh, and *yip*, I guess.

Posted by Beomoose

Use some phsyical powers, maybe? Rather than just kick?

• 125 results