128 Comments
  • 128 results
Posted by Minalear
Edited by Mercury45

It's hilarious to look back on the comments and see how whiny and self-entitled some people got.

"UGH YOU GUYS AREN'T PLAYING THIS GAME YOU CHOSE FOR FUN 100% OPTIMALLY ALL THE TIME. I CAN'T GET ANY ENJOYMENT OUT OF YOU PLAYING A GAME DIFFERENTLY THAN I WOULD SO I NEED TO COME ON THE COMMENTS FOR EVERY VIDEO AND BITCH ABOUT IT."

I would have loved to see the nerdrage when Jeff and Vinny reached the end of the game...

Edited by jkz
Posted by Duffyside
Posted by Undeadpool

Always forget how hilarious that Kikuri "seduction" conversation is...

Posted by GonzoSnot

This should for sure be released as a DVD boxset. Get on it, Giant Bomb.

Posted by Hourai

The music in this dungeon is depressing. 

Posted by strangeling

Go, Vinny. Go!    

Posted by Xymox

The scale battle at 45:22 was pretty intense. Watching them throw up a persona with normal resistance to lightning, even thought they totally had one that could repel that stuff, and after they almost got raped... That made it even more intense. I hate to think of what would of happened if that last attack missed... Or if Vinny didn't get that initial player advantage... 

Posted by Basse21

Why do they want to get rid of Black Frost he gets health back whenever he gets hit by fire and ice and has inhanced fire and ice buffs that you dont have to cast.

Posted by Baggykins
@sdauz said:
" when's the endurance run limited, collector's box super mutli DVD/blueray edition comming "
Yeah!? When is that?! I'd sure as hell buy that! :D
Posted by Media_Master

still good

Posted by sdauz

when's the endurance run limited, collector's box super mutli DVD/blueray edition comming

Posted by TommyH
@Ninja: Man i have no idea where that switch came from, guess it was just one of those days! ;)
Posted by GrandMarshal

Be carefull that wine is going to stain Jeff :(
and its a chinese dragon not a snake :P

Posted by deerpoob

the whole thing with vinny roleplaying as the persona was a little creepy XD

Posted by VanTesla

Love ER.

Posted by IronPiro

Trust me guys, spirit drain isn't really all that good. It doesn't get back enough SP.

Posted by SaraHysaro
@legendary1 said:
"Those world balances that almost raped you with ziodyne are why you should have a persona with dark or light all attacks. They are weak to both, kill em all in one spell."

This. Using Mahama or Mamudo would save not only the headache of dealing with a long battle with them (risking "rape") but it also saves SP. I learned that the hard way. I only had Hamoan which, while effective, used way too much SP. >.> So I wound up just using vanish balls while facing them to conserve my SP. So much (potential) experience lost. T_T  I'm glad this isn't a major grinding game.
Posted by legendary1

Those world balances that almost raped you with ziodyne are why you should have a persona with dark or light all attacks. They are weak to both, kill em all in one spell.

Posted by twillfast

Who the hells said Tentarafoo was the best skill in the game?
DOES IT EVER HIT?! ;D

Posted by atomic_dumpling

These comment wars between the experts and people with an "irrelevant perspective" (interesting way to put it) are a part of the ER. I am more concerned about the increasing number of spoilers lately. Jeff and Vinny are getting surprised less and less.

Edited by Blair
@Milkman:

This is a comments section to vocalize your questions/comments/concerns.  I LOVE the Endurance Run, and I'm going to keep watching... and commenting.

My frustration doesn't originate from a style of play as you so wrongly put it.  Vinny and Jeff's style game play is something I enjoy which is why I've watched all 50+ hours (thanks for your brash and unnecessary comments though).  It's one thing to play in a certain way and it's another thing to constantly flounder with controls after such an extended period of time (however mistakes are fine, and so is my frustration).

Lastly, I don't understand posters who try to tell others to shut up because they are unsatisfied with the idea of criticism.  This isn't your monopoly where you get to tell others not to say certain things because it bothers you.  If you don't enjoy certain comments, don't bother reading and responding to them (how simple is that?).

This isn't meant to start an argument because frankly this is totally unimportant.  My point was just that I enjoy the videos but yet I'm very much allowed to vocalize my displeasure without being told to shut up by someone with an irrelevant perspective such as yours.

Posted by sanjuro87

very funny episode guys! that yukiko line read was hilarious

Posted by Landmine
@Milkman said:
"@Blair said:
" @McQuinn said:
" Damnit Vinny it makes me so angry when you don't know how to use the controller. "
It's SO frustrating...In a few episodes when they try to penta-fuse that persona they'll need Thoth.You'd think an experienced person like Vinny would know how to use a controller...They've only been playing this game for ~60 hours over 104 episodes. "
Then stop watching?...I don't get everyone is always bitching in the comments yet they have watched all 60 hours of the Endurance Run. If you don't like how they play, then don't watch. Or better yet, just shut up."

This.

Also "A little kiss on the cheek" is a phrase we used to use a lot when I lived in NY many moons ago, me and my crazy italian family. Stay true Vinny, New Yawk roots. :o
Posted by Multibucket

You guys are getting closer to the end, there's still a little ways to go.  I think I racked up around 73 hours or so by the end. 

About Mudo and Hama skills, I never, ever used them.  I just powered through the enemies that were not vulnerable to the team's stuff (and I used the exact same team as yours from beginning to end).

Also, level up Rise's social link after Yukiko.  You will love it.  Plus you get three girlfriends.  

Posted by kirisame

It's probably really annoying to read this again, so sorry!
But, Yukiko is wearing an [Ice Pin] right now. But she's still weak to ice, so you lose a turn if she gets hit.
Please equip the --Ice Suppressor--. If you do that she will get double-dodge against ice, so you might not get hit by it.
Best of luck on the boss!

Posted by Charon

If your mother only knew!

Edited by Gahzoo
@Haze said:
"You should use almighty against those hourglasses. Nothing in the game is weak to strong against or repels or absorbs almighty. "

No i believe it has been said that the "Rush attack" is Almighty Damage, and very few enemies are strong agaisnt it.

Also, I see them casting MaBufu when the enemies are "Normal" to ice, when a move like Heat Wave would be better, and using physical saves SP.
Posted by ghostNPC
@Beomoose said:
" Got to be using Mudo/Hama spells more guys, I know you hate them but you're going to run into alot of shadows not vulnerable to earth/wind/fire/elec "

Can't agree more. READ THIS GUYS~
Posted by SaraHysaro
@Enns:

I'm 90% sure that Yukiko doesn't lose her weakness even after her Persona evolves at rank 10, which sucks but what can you do? I suppose the best thing to do is just guard with her when you don't need healing. Or if you want to be weird you can always remove her from the battle altogether and just designate yourself as healer. I mean, they do have Kukiri-Hime who I believe doesn't have any weaknesses save for...light? Either that or dark. Not to mention she has that full revive spell and Divine Grace. No Invigorate 2 though.

I used the former method myself, and the battle really wasn't that hard. I was on Easy mode however, which probably makes a bit of a difference.
Posted by stinky

i just picked up Persona 4 new at one of my local Gamestops.

also, 2 of the Gamestops around by me had Persona 3 FES, new.

i blame Giantbomb for this resurgence in their popularity and i hope Atlus is treating you guys nice.
Posted by Beomoose

Magarula is the new Bufu, Vinny

Posted by Beomoose

Got to be using Mudo/Hama spells more guys, I know you hate them but you're going to run into alot of shadows not vulnerable to earth/wind/fire/elec

Edited by SmAsH

Here Here! I say you guys (hopefully you've done it since I'm sure the next episode is already done) punched out and gotten Yukiko to her highest and GET HER THAT OTHER FAN. She has so much SP left over that 50SP is useless a 100 boost in damage is great. Hopefully you will do it?!

Posted by Enns

Even got an upright judgement card. They're running this dungeon like pros.
Still need to conisder using those physical skills more often though. It's a great way to finish battles and Yukiko always has around 35% + of her SP left punch out time so she can be doing some more healing.
HP recovery gear is nice on a person doing physical attacks as well.

Oh god Naoto's shadow is such an asshole. I really hope they max Yukiko's link before then. Weak hits suck in this fight since she spams that SP DRAINING ATTACK.

Posted by gkozma

this was a fantastic episode in every way.

......GHOUL!!!

also i think its great how many times theyve missed the fire dude lol

Posted by King9999

If you want to level up Succubus fast, equip her and fight a high-level shadow.  EXP scales in this game, so you get more EXP if you fight an enemy stronger than you.

Posted by King9999

Guys, you didn't fuse Thoth.

Posted by Mechabolic

Woo hoo, only a few more eps till Charlie fights metal gear!

Posted by ToxicFruit

good dungeon episode !

Posted by Origina1Penguin

I think the break spells (break fire, break wind, etc.) work on enemies with repel (RPL).  It's worth trying once since Yukiko and Yosuke have a break spell now.  I think Charlie has a few break spells now as well.

If you guys get Spirit Drain, then using light, dark, and almighty spells with Charlie becomes much more appealing for you.

104 episodes and still lovin' it!  Keep on keeping on!

Posted by Derios

Hahaha i love how Vinny didn't press X and they thought that the Toth was Mot...

Posted by Nizzleworth

I love the secret base music. So catchy.

Posted by VanTesla

Love ED persona !!!!  Oh and Mara !!! Must create when you get high enough I will post the fuses when you get to the level. :)

Posted by Milkman
@Blair said:
" @McQuinn said:
" Damnit Vinny it makes me so angry when you don't know how to use the controller. "
It's SO frustrating...In a few episodes when they try to penta-fuse that persona they'll need Thoth.You'd think an experienced person like Vinny would know how to use a controller...They've only been playing this game for ~60 hours over 104 episodes. "
Then stop watching?...I don't get everyone is always bitching in the comments yet they have watched all 60 hours of the Endurance Run. If you don't like how they play, then don't watch. Or better yet, just shut up.
Posted by atomic_dumpling
@CleverLoginName said:
" I like how they're mostly through the game and people are still like "Your doing it wrong!, I can do it way better!" I thought we were past that. "
It's mostly just AION under different user names. Rule of thumb: If someone uses Caps to sound especially rude, it's him.
Posted by CleverLoginName

I like how they're mostly through the game and people are still like "Your doing it wrong!, I can do it way better!" I thought we were past that.

Posted by RampageEndsHere
@Curufinwe:

Super-high quality JRPG ?! Persona 4 was undeniably the best game in 2008, bar to none, nothing came even close.
  • 128 results