128 Comments
  • 128 results
Posted by DFSVegas

I hope the next Endurance Run is with a game I care about.

Edited by Ben_H

I wonder if Ryan is actually going to do 17ish episodes of Matrix Online ER.  He mentioned the possibility of it on his Twitter and that game ends on the 31st so seeing the end of it could be neat.  I just hope this Endurance Run doesn't end.  There's some great stuff coming up with a school special event.  I won't spoil anything but it's hilarious.

Posted by TheClap

I like the music in this dungeon.  Its kind of like Mega-Man dialogue music, and this dungeon is kind of Mega-Man ish.

Posted by Ninja
@Winternet said:
" Great episode. And they are already thinking on a new Endurance Run after Persona 4? It should be noby noby boy.And don't forget why you love Black Frost so much: no weaknesses and drains fire and ice. You were getting hard hits from the reflect lighting. The only real bummer about Black Frost: no lighting spells. "
There's not really much to Noby Noby boy, no real story, the reason it works so well with Persona 4 is the reaction to everything that happens in the game in a kind of mystery science theatre way.

I mean without a guarentee that the new planets will be unlocked regularly Noby Noby boy just wouldn't do it.
Posted by Jtan21

Ugh...the music in this dungeon. Maybe you guys should just blast your own music in the background or something.

Posted by Ninja
@Ben_H said:
" I wonder if Ryan is actually going to do 17ish episodes of Matrix Online ER.  He mentioned the possibility of it on his Twitter and that game ends on the 31st so seeing the end of it could be neat.  I just hope this Endurance Run doesn't end.  There's some great stuff coming up with a school special event.  I won't spoil anything but it's hilarious. "
Well here's a picture from Jeffs Twitter http://twitpic.com/9pyqb

Here's his quote "These guys are recording something totally superfluous. Should be fun"

Matrix Online is my bet.
Posted by Terjay

I loved that "OGOD EVERYONE JUMP IN FRONT OF THE LIGHTNING SHIT!"-bit.

Edited by Blair
@McQuinn said:
" Damnit Vinny it makes me so angry when you don't know how to use the controller. "
It's SO frustrating...

In a few episodes when they try to penta-fuse that persona they'll need Thoth.

You'd think an experienced person like Vinny would know how to use a controller...

They've only been playing this game for ~60 hours over 104 episodes.

Posted by Vlaphor

If you think that the enemies who were tough against all elements were bad, wait until the later dungeons.  They have enemies who are straight up immune to being hurt.  You either cast a dark/light kill spell, nullify a weakness, or run.

Posted by drew327

You could put the HP ring on Chie and have her use more physical skills.  Effectively reducing their cost a bit.

Posted by RipTheVeins
@InvestigationTeamGO said:
" IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR SKILLSYou guys need to know what skills your party members (other than Charlie) need to have on their Persona, since you've so far been making some bad choices on what to delete.YOSUKE: Garudyne=Replaces Garula, Masukukaja=Replaces Sonic Punch (Should have replaced Sukukaja but you got rid of it for Wind Break), Magarudyne=Replaces Magarula, Brave Blade=Replaces Wind Break OR Tentarafoo, Wind Amp=Replaces Wind Break OR Tentarafoo. (And yes, __ Boost and __ Amp skills DO stack)CHIE: Power Charge=Replaces Skull Cracker (Which should have been deleted long ago), High Counter=Replaces Counter, Rainy Death=Replaces Rampage, God's Hand=Replaces Heat Wave, Agneyastra=Replaces Rainy Death.YUKIKO: Agidyne=Replaces Agilao, Diarahan=Replaces Diarama, Samarecarm=Replaces Recarm, Mediarahan=Replaces Mediarama, Maragidyne=Replaces Maragion, Salvation=replaces Mediarahan, Fire Amp=Replaces Fire Break. "
I know you're just trying to help, but having them do this step by step takes away the freedom of playing games like this.  They are fully competent to make their own decisions about what skills they want, but instead should be helped with boss strategies and stuff like that.

That said the only skill they should really worry about is Dekaja on Yosuke, or making sure they have it on Charlie later in the game, since I know it may be useless now, but it's a lifesaver for the last 2 or 3 bosses.

Posted by Curufinwe
@EpicReflex said:
" I watch these every week, mainly down to insane boredom, but i just don't get the appeal. The game to me looks like utter trash, or is that the joke, it's so bad, that it's good, kinda thing? I'm not hating on the game, i'm just baffled. lol "
Not every game is for everybody.  But the fact that you find a super-high quality JRPG to be "utter trash" and still watch hours and hours of other people playing it indicates you're a bit crazy.
Posted by Jazz

No one picked up on the Rahzel reference...or am i just making things up now?

Im still waiting for my ps2 to come back so i can finish FES
4 weeks and counting.
Playing Devil Survivor to pass the time.
Posted by atomic_dumpling
Chaos Fuzz is dizzy!
Edited by whatisdelicious

I have to go to work so I can't even watch this now, but I'd just like to say that I approve of longer episodes. Keep 'em coming.

Posted by ZephyrAtraides

The Book-Monkey repels light, that means Mahama and hamaon will relect off of him and go onto an enemy

Posted by 1337m4g3

I have Persona songs on my iPod.

Want some?

Posted by MeatSim

I am gonna go eat after this too the endurance run makes me hungry for some reason.

Posted by Reverseface

That 99 persona tried to EFF JEFF...JEFF DIDN'T WANAN EFF THE PERSON THO.

Posted by bybeach

"Stick anything  in there, you`ll lose it"

Jeff- shriek!

Posted by whatisdelicious

Quick note: Wind Break is a really useful skill. For all these new enemy dudes that have resistances to all elemental stuff, you can just do stuff like a Wind Break and then go to town on them. I just finished Persona 3 (inspired by the ER to get it) and I'm telling you... nullifying resistances makes your life a lot easier.

(Couldn't resist at least playing this in the background while I get ready for work.)

Posted by dbz1995

There were 5 seconds within this episode which was basically Vinny shooting all the lovers of Black Spot.

'Here's the thing, a lot of people were upset that we replaced Black Spot, but if you dont tell me in the info, I mean, apparently it crits a lot, but it doesn't say in the info...' (Vinny)

Can also be translated to: 'I just renovated your ass'

Posted by Sarumarine

The number watermarks remind me of Fallout 3 because they look like Vault numbers. It helps that Naoto's dungeon has the same vibe as a Fallout vault. You go down, and down, and bad things happen. Monsters attack you and people go crazy.

Posted by MysteryFoodX

Btw use left/right on the dpad to scroll faster through lists.

Posted by flamingbananas

almighty= cant be repelled, nulled, drained,
but very very few enemys are strong to it.

Posted by ChibiSoma

Starting to hit the point where you really do want Hama/Mudo stuff on at least one dude...

Posted by Mistral

Jesus christ guys, either a)Stop wasting a minute or more before EACH BATTLE waiting for a chance to get player advantage(95% of the battles could have been fought and finished in the time you waste waiting for shadows to turn around!) or b)Use the player advantage to your benefit and get rid of things with weapon attacks(like the Dogmatic Tower) when they'll die to them, so that you're not wasting so much SP and so that you're taking extra time to get through the dungeon for a good reason.

Posted by JP_Russell

So Jeff, Vinny, maybe you should consider getting Yukiko one of those harder hitting fans now.  She's got so much SP left over while everybody else is running dry that that extra 50 SP added by her current fan is going to waste, and Yukiko's weak physical attack is really bringing her down as a shadow-finisher-offer.

Posted by RampageEndsHere
@Curufinwe:

Super-high quality JRPG ?! Persona 4 was undeniably the best game in 2008, bar to none, nothing came even close.
Posted by CleverLoginName

I like how they're mostly through the game and people are still like "Your doing it wrong!, I can do it way better!" I thought we were past that.

Posted by atomic_dumpling
@CleverLoginName said:
" I like how they're mostly through the game and people are still like "Your doing it wrong!, I can do it way better!" I thought we were past that. "
It's mostly just AION under different user names. Rule of thumb: If someone uses Caps to sound especially rude, it's him.
Posted by Milkman
@Blair said:
" @McQuinn said:
" Damnit Vinny it makes me so angry when you don't know how to use the controller. "
It's SO frustrating...In a few episodes when they try to penta-fuse that persona they'll need Thoth.You'd think an experienced person like Vinny would know how to use a controller...They've only been playing this game for ~60 hours over 104 episodes. "
Then stop watching?...I don't get everyone is always bitching in the comments yet they have watched all 60 hours of the Endurance Run. If you don't like how they play, then don't watch. Or better yet, just shut up.
Posted by VanTesla

Love ED persona !!!!  Oh and Mara !!! Must create when you get high enough I will post the fuses when you get to the level. :)

Posted by Nizzleworth

I love the secret base music. So catchy.

Posted by Derios

Hahaha i love how Vinny didn't press X and they thought that the Toth was Mot...

Posted by Origina1Penguin

I think the break spells (break fire, break wind, etc.) work on enemies with repel (RPL).  It's worth trying once since Yukiko and Yosuke have a break spell now.  I think Charlie has a few break spells now as well.

If you guys get Spirit Drain, then using light, dark, and almighty spells with Charlie becomes much more appealing for you.

104 episodes and still lovin' it!  Keep on keeping on!

Posted by ToxicFruit

good dungeon episode !

Posted by Mechabolic

Woo hoo, only a few more eps till Charlie fights metal gear!

Posted by King9999

Guys, you didn't fuse Thoth.

Posted by King9999

If you want to level up Succubus fast, equip her and fight a high-level shadow.  EXP scales in this game, so you get more EXP if you fight an enemy stronger than you.

Posted by gkozma

this was a fantastic episode in every way.

......GHOUL!!!

also i think its great how many times theyve missed the fire dude lol

Posted by Enns

Even got an upright judgement card. They're running this dungeon like pros.
Still need to conisder using those physical skills more often though. It's a great way to finish battles and Yukiko always has around 35% + of her SP left punch out time so she can be doing some more healing.
HP recovery gear is nice on a person doing physical attacks as well.

Oh god Naoto's shadow is such an asshole. I really hope they max Yukiko's link before then. Weak hits suck in this fight since she spams that SP DRAINING ATTACK.

Edited by SmAsH

Here Here! I say you guys (hopefully you've done it since I'm sure the next episode is already done) punched out and gotten Yukiko to her highest and GET HER THAT OTHER FAN. She has so much SP left over that 50SP is useless a 100 boost in damage is great. Hopefully you will do it?!

Posted by Beomoose

Got to be using Mudo/Hama spells more guys, I know you hate them but you're going to run into alot of shadows not vulnerable to earth/wind/fire/elec

Posted by Beomoose

Magarula is the new Bufu, Vinny

Posted by stinky

i just picked up Persona 4 new at one of my local Gamestops.

also, 2 of the Gamestops around by me had Persona 3 FES, new.

i blame Giantbomb for this resurgence in their popularity and i hope Atlus is treating you guys nice.
Posted by SaraHysaro
@Enns:

I'm 90% sure that Yukiko doesn't lose her weakness even after her Persona evolves at rank 10, which sucks but what can you do? I suppose the best thing to do is just guard with her when you don't need healing. Or if you want to be weird you can always remove her from the battle altogether and just designate yourself as healer. I mean, they do have Kukiri-Hime who I believe doesn't have any weaknesses save for...light? Either that or dark. Not to mention she has that full revive spell and Divine Grace. No Invigorate 2 though.

I used the former method myself, and the battle really wasn't that hard. I was on Easy mode however, which probably makes a bit of a difference.
Posted by ghostNPC
@Beomoose said:
" Got to be using Mudo/Hama spells more guys, I know you hate them but you're going to run into alot of shadows not vulnerable to earth/wind/fire/elec "

Can't agree more. READ THIS GUYS~
Edited by Gahzoo
@Haze said:
"You should use almighty against those hourglasses. Nothing in the game is weak to strong against or repels or absorbs almighty. "

No i believe it has been said that the "Rush attack" is Almighty Damage, and very few enemies are strong agaisnt it.

Also, I see them casting MaBufu when the enemies are "Normal" to ice, when a move like Heat Wave would be better, and using physical saves SP.
Posted by Charon

If your mother only knew!

• 128 results