204 Comments
Posted by gakon

That was some wicked turnaround on that dungeon, guys.

I'd recommend you pull a Temperance Persona and start working at the Day Care.  At your current level of Understanding you can get 8000 yen a day.  Then, when you max your Understanding, you can start doing the Tutor job at night, which is a new S. Link and another 10000 yen per visit.

Posted by gakon

Oh, and the Weekday Guide was updated a while back; it has every S. Link listed, with days of the week and locations.  It also lists every job and club, with stat boosts and pay.  Do check it out sometime.

http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/persona-4-weekday-guide/1092/

Posted by Wildfire570

I love the fact that every time the game has some kind of tender feeling moments you can expect Jeff and Vinny to kill it! I love the Endurance Run!

Posted by BulletStorm

The guys have never spoken to Namatame yet have they? Just spotted him back there and they didn't say nothing... I guess they probably just think he's another NPC or something.

Posted by King9999
@BulletStorm said:
" The guys have never spoken to Namatame yet have they? Just spotted him back there and they didn't say nothing... I guess they probably just think he's another NPC or something.

"
They talked to him once...last episode.
Posted by Curufinwe

They did, and I was very happy.

Posted by Enns

That was awesome. They're persona pros now.

Also I think it's time we start worrying if they can  get the true ending. This persona is really harsh and tricky with it's pitfalls. P3's was way more simple and diretct. Hope they get some spoiler free guide or something.

Posted by Beomoose

The giant drill on the sex-change operation table = LOL

Posted by Nasar7

Vinny look here! You're thinking of Skooma from Morrowind, not Soma.

Posted by mrfluke
friendly reminder make sure you check the forecast and make sure your fusing tam lin on the proper day the dude seems like he could be worth it hell im in the endgame territory and i never touched cross fusing and all that shit. also you get the tower social link with the tutor job and, u get the hanged man social link with sakis brother, you need 2 max out your knowledge 2 and the talk to naoto and then youill get the fortune link
Posted by RedRoach

why does everyone hate on vinny, he is awesome after all.

Posted by Nasar7
@AleM:
" I think that soma means body in latin. "
The Latin for body is 'corpus'. Soma, like all the spells in the game, is based off Sanskrit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma
Posted by TheGamerGeek

You're more than likely gonna need around like 4-5 soma's through the game. At the end, you may need two per boss battle. So you definitely should have bought it.

Edited by ahoodedfigure

This is the first game I've ever seen handle transgender issues seriously (if maybe incompletely).  I am impressed.

Posted by Urmean

My arm, my arm, my arm, my arm, my arm, my arm, will summon up the power of the GOD HAND!

Posted by Turambar
@TheGamerGeek: No, not really.  One perhaps for the True Ending boss, but that's about it. 
Posted by BrockSampson
@InvestigationTeamGO said:
" I've got a few Social Link tips for you, I highly suggest you do them, TRUST ME on this. Well, you don't have to, but I think it'll help you in the long run.Do Dojima 10 ASAP, give it priority over everything else at night.After that, raise Nanako as high as you can, and when you can't do her, do Devil or stat raising.After that, spend nights with Devil or on days when Devil is not available, spend them raising your stats.Finish the Fox quest and get the next one, the last few ones can be pretty time consuming.Work on Lovers during the day, and Sun during rainy days when available.In order to do Naoto's Social Link (Fortune) you need max Knowledge and Courage. You cannot start it until 10/21 though.You can also probably start Tower (the Tutoring job) now, so check that out when you can. Don't bother with Death, you can only do it on Sundays, you'll never have enough time to finish it.Lastly, I'd also like to mention that Naoto is excellent during random encounters - you'll see why when you check her moveset, but is virtually useless against bosses. Keep that in mind.

I am pretty sure they are not going to max out every S.Link in the game. I just don't see these guys doing that with the way they want to play
Posted by Wright

oh man that was so great when they fused the slime thing and vinny was just like "holy fuck, what the hell is that?"

Edited by Chewii101
@RampageEndsHere: I avoid going to other sites full of artards like u. If all your going to do is bitch and harp about how they play this game and what games they prefer then why are u even on the website and watching THEIR ENDURANCE RUN of it? Please, just never come to back again if your going to continue to act like a child. 

Besides that.....great episode! Loled at the reaction to the failed fusion
Posted by Lilarcor

There's one dungeon left before the first ending split. If you avoid the bad ending, there's another dungeon, and then a third if you guys decide to go for the 'true' ending. So assuming that you guys are going for the true ending, you're about two thirds of the way through now that you've finished Naoto's dungeon.

Posted by Axion

Nanako: "What does "got brains" mean?"

Well, honey, when I say "I got brains from some chick" it's something that feels really good.

Posted by SinGulaR

And another great victory for the investigation team which keeps getting bigger and bigger. INVESTIGATION TEAM GO!!!!

Posted by VanTesla

Can some one find out what persona fuses make Mara so they can make it please. I want to hear their shocked voices :)      Please finish Rise and when you can do Naoto make sure to have a Fortune persona and high intelligence.

Posted by Dethfish

I used 2 Somas on the true ending boss. I probably only need to use 1 but they came in handy. Try getting as many as you can. I also beat the game in almost exactly 80 hours so you guys might only have about 17 to 20 hours left. I'm excited.

And if you keep doing these 60+ minute episodes you could be done in a month.

Posted by VanTesla
@InvestigationTeamGO said:
"I've got a few Social Link tips for you, I highly suggest you do them, TRUST ME on this. Well, you don't have to, but I think it'll help you in the long run.Do Dojima 10 ASAP, give it priority over everything else at night.After that, raise Nanako as high as you can, and when you can't do her, do Devil or stat raising.After that, spend nights with Devil or on days when Devil is not available, spend them raising your stats.Finish the Fox quest and get the next one, the last few ones can be pretty time consuming.Work on Lovers during the day, and Sun during rainy days when available.In order to do Naoto's Social Link (Fortune) you need max Knowledge and Courage. You cannot start it until 10/21 though.You can also probably start Tower (the Tutoring job) now, so check that out when you can. Don't bother with Death, you can only do it on Sundays, you'll never have enough time to finish it.Lastly, I'd also like to mention that Naoto is excellent during random encounters - you'll see why when you check her moveset, but is virtually useless against bosses. Keep that in mind."

This ^ If you get true ending you can be able to have more social link time but not with Dojima or Nanoko.
Posted by trimon

congratulations on beatin the boss! I can't believe we are this far into the game. Wow. They gotta be doing something right.

Posted by Vinny
@Nasar7 said:
" Vinny look here! You're thinking of Skooma from Morrowind, not Soma. "
oh? this sounds right. Why walk when you can ride.
Staff
Posted by iAmJohn

Guys, next time Chie wants to hang out, you better do it.  Don't forget who your real girlfriend is! >:|

Posted by amino
@VanTesla said:
"  Can some one find out what persona fuses make Mara so they can make it please. I want to hear their shocked voices :)      Please finish Rise and when you can do Naoto make sure to have a Fortune persona and high intelligence. "
Charlie's  current level is now 54.They cannot fuse Mara yet.They need to reach Lvl 62 first.I can list all possible combinations,but it is too long to be listed. 

Edited by Zaapp1

Just so you know...
Power Charge and Mind Charge simply double the damage that the character would do with their next physical or magical attack (respectively).  This means you could Power Charge, cast Tarukaja on yourself, then attack, or use an item, or whatever.  The Power Charge would still be in play.  Another thing is that because they only double the damage for the cost of 15 sp, it's not worth power charging if you're not spending health on the attack (ex. using Chie's kick) or mind charging if the spell costs less than 15 sp to begin with (ex. Charlie's Agidyne).  Of course, there are a few circumstances where it would still make sense (ex. Charlie uses Mind Charge, Chie uses Tarukaja on Charlie, Charlie uses Agidyne) but for what you're doing in your fighting style, you're better off just using Agidyne twice than using Mind Charge, then Agidyne (or kick twice instead of Power Charge/kick).

Edit: I've been informed that the italicized information above is not correct.  My apologies.  I was misinformed.

Posted by Nasar7
@Vinny:
" @Nasar7 said:
" Vinny look here! You're thinking of Skooma from Morrowind, not Soma. "
oh? this sounds right. Why walk when you can ride. "
Someone already made a page for it on the site. Nice.
Posted by gakon

I'm pretty sure Mind/Power charge do 2.5x normal damage.  At least, that's what every guide-writer would have you believe.  Your damage output was a little wonky because of all the Fire Break buisness.

A bit of theorycraft: if every Agidyne did 300 damage, casting two in a row would cause 600 damage for 24 mana, or 25DPM.  MC+Agidyne would do 750 damage after 27 mana is spent, or 27.78DPM.  This is about an 11% increase in damage done per mana.  I mean, Spirit Point, whatever.  It's mana.

Edited by megalowho
I don't want to ruin what's ahead or anything but I'm really looking forward to seeing how you guys like the way this game moves towards it's conclusion (which one??!?). Answers, explinations and some surprises are on the way. Bring on the next month! 
Edited by growl

what happens if your resistances are nullified and then you change personas?

Edited by Revenant86

Naoto is hands down the best character in the game,even though I love Chie and Yukiko,ONE OF THEM HAS GOT TO GO.  (Normally i would scream for Yosukes replacement but you have to have him as your wind man XD,and hes decently strong now)

I suggest replacing Chie with Naoto,because not only is Naoto Stronger,she has Light/Dark attacks and instead of Attacking with kicks. SHE CARRY'S A FUCKING MAGNUM (if u buy it from Diadra)

Posted by amino
@growl said:
" what happens if your resistances are nullified and then you change personas? "
You still get damage though.
Posted by TDot

Please kick it with Kanji. Even though you don't use him he's still awesome to chill with.
Also, could you guys use B-Team sometime? it breaks things up a bit when we have to watch you grind through dungeons.

Edited by EmperorSeth

Wow, I remember that was an easy boss, and...it sure was.  The later ones are a bit trickier, at least.

Yeah, Naoto really never says anything interesting.  Even her big "character revelation" moments are mostly "let's go over the plot some more."

Posted by Bruce

Soma is also a song on The Strokes' first cd.

Edited by gakon
@Revenant86 said:
" Naoto is hands down the best character in the game,even though I love Chie and Yukiko,ONE OF THEM HAS GOT TO GO.  (Normally i would scream for Yosukes replacement but you have to have him as your wind man XD,and hes decently strong now)I "
As much as I would have liked to see them try other people, of all secondary characters, Naoto seems like the least useful, and their current setup doesn't leave much room to be changed up.  Yosuke is their primary nuker, and offers the most support abilities, Chie is good for physicals and knocking down with Ice, and Yukiko is their main healer.

Yukiko and Teddie, and Chie and Kanji, are pretty interchangable, but Naoto is in a weird niche all her own, of instant-death spells and expensive Megido attacks.  Seems like Kanji would be a better choice over Chie, if only for being more versatile than her.

They certainly took a "rich get richer" approach to forming a party, but then again, this game isn't quite the weakness-management one that P3 was, which had lots of mini-bosses, many of which required certain people to make the fight go well.  Seems like you can finish P4 with any setup, provided you have all your bases covered.
Posted by Revenant86
@gakon5:  yes,that is true. I just love Naoto XD.

And i hate Yosuke cause he's a whiny bitch
Posted by THeREbElion

Adachi seems shady about something

Posted by gakon
@Revenant86 said:
" @gakon5:  yes,that is true. I just love Naoto XD.And i hate Yosuke cause he's a whiny bitch "
Oh, I'm all for using weird characters in RPGs.  My Nyx group in P3 was Ken, Aigis, and Mitsuru.  I hate Mitsuru but I didn't feel like there was a good nuking alternative.  If had Persona 4 (I don't, despite how much advice I try to give Jeff and Vinny), I'd get the dang Chakra Ring and use Naoto in the True Final Boss, just for kicks.
Edited by iAmJohn

It is with a heavy heart that I announce (to no one in particular as no one cares) that this will be the last episode of the Endurance Run I watch for a long time, as I have decided that while I totally want to see where the game goes from here and how they develop Naoto's character, I feel like I need to see it through myself and my development of the characters as opposed to through the lens of the ER.  In other words, I'm totally gonna start this game after I get done with P3, which hopefully should be soon.  Thanks for 22 weeks of fuck awesome, guys!  I can't wait to see what you guys do; don't forget to treat Chie right!

Posted by Hailinel

You guys have plenty of time until the next dungeon.  And you're really going to need it.  In addition to S. Links, level grind so that you can get ahead of the curve for the battles ahead.  The next dungeon boss will kick your ass guaranteed if you don't go in properly prepared.

Posted by MoTheHawk

Best fusion accident ever.

Posted by ponyslayer

i guess i'll ask...why not use a soma instead of paying fox?

Posted by monkeybot

JEFF KNOWS FOX IS A WOMAN!!!! This must be awkward for Vinny..............maybe not.

Posted by amino
@ponyslayer said:
" i guess i'll ask...why not use a soma instead of paying fox? "
Soma is a very rare item.They should keep that for incoming/final boss.
Posted by ponyslayer
@amino: ahh..forgot about the ability to use it during a fight, thx for reminding