426 Comments
Posted by Mordi

Just an off-topic question:

Why do some members have different colors in their names in these comment-fields?
I see green, gray and blue.

Curious.
Posted by Blood_for_the_blood_God
@Mordi: its their system affiliation, xbox, pc, ps3, wii
Posted by Ghostiet

Haha, you see, Jeff and Vinny? Thou shall bang thy Naoto, that is what the Pro-Cute Tomboyish Girls Having Sexual Identity Problems That Dress In A Gray-Mousy Way That Is Completely Hawt Movement wants, win you cannot!

Edited by skrutop

Man, I should totally change my username to Pervo.

This is one of the best ER's in awhile.

Posted by amino

Finally the video perfectly works.Good episode.

Posted by atomic_dumpling
@Blood_for_the_blood_God said:
" @Mordi: its their system affiliation, xbox, pc, ps3, wii "
Wow, I honestly would have never figured that out. Thanks! So, let's break it down:

o green is Microsoft
o White is PC
o Blue is Sony
o Grey is neutral

I haven't found anyone with Nintendo-affiliation yet.
@atomic_dumpling: i think its red for nintendo
Posted by basshero

this was an AWESOME episode, Kanji's man talk... Brilliant

Posted by VanTesla

Love this ER episode :)

To get Naoto as a girlfriend you need to get certain answers correct. Here they are if you look. nothing spoiling.

Rank 5 to 6 final options 1. im glad your a girl.

Rank 7 to 8 second to last options 1.Protect Naoto. final options 1.Because i like you.

rank 9 to 10 for a intresting event pick  2.*"I" Would be nice.

*2 Translation Note: More formal "I" used more commonly by girls.

You will not have alot of time with Naoto so when you unlock her use every day you can and get as many answers correct to speed it up. Makes sure to get a Fortune persona so it makes it faster :)

Posted by SaraHysaro

Poor Kanji...so awkward. xD It's cute.

Anyways...Culture festival coming up soon! WHOO!

What i dont get is if Vinny was way into Gundam models why does he call it boring in the game?

Posted by RabidSquirrel89
@Lilarcor said:
" The problem with Naoto is that all bosses null Light and Dark, so you have to use her Almighty spells, which chew through SP like crazy. You'll also have a problem fitting her physical, light, dark and Almighty skills all in the 8 slots. I personally gave up her Physical skills and used 3 apiece for light/dark spells and their Boost skills, and then Megidoloan and Mind Charge. But if you finish her S-Link in time, she'll null all instant death attacks, which is really helpful.Either way, you now have enough characters for two full teams, so if you spend a little time using Kanji and Teddie when going back through Void Quest, you'll be able to spend twice as long in dungeons. It helped me get through the next dungeon in only a couple of days. "
Yeah but if I remember correctly, Tempest Slash can be a force to reckon with on single target damage. A possibility of two hits and a possibility of either one being a critical is pretty sweet. I remember Tempest Slash being better than even the severe damaging physical attacks in Persona 3 FES, but I know the severe physical attacks have been greatly improved in 4.
Edited by Metroid545

you need full courage and something else for naoto which suck because naoto is amazing and should replace chie

Edit:commented right before they got the card very nice job endurance time

Posted by AuthenticM

Note to Vinny and Jeff:

you should finish Rise as soon as possible. You don't have that much time left for maxing out S.Links.

Posted by toadstule

Ah! Can't wait til the Culture Festival! BTW, did anyone else catch the "Don't give him the stick" G.I. Joe PSA reference?

Posted by Curufinwe

Wow, I never noticed all the pandas.

Posted by Haze

Oh the fun those kids have. Shame the world is going to end at the start of Nocturne.

Posted by Aeterna

Whole beauty pageant part had me sitting here with tears in my eyes of laughter.

Simply wonderful... 

Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer

DId Kanji make a chocobo doll? Yessssssssssssss

Also, sitting here watching this, I lost myself for a moment and actually thought it was october in real life. The endurance run is civilization.

Posted by wwfundertaker

Great episode, worth the wait

Posted by AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb

Take it from me: Naoto doesn't really look good without a hat. Just saying.

Posted by Kevino13

Did anyone else notice the Atlus vending machine with Jack Frost on it during the Rise S.Link scene?

Posted by basshero

Alos loving the back to the future reference "Lord of the manor... King of the castle"

Posted by dbz1995

Who else saw the Jack Frost juice vendor machine during Rises persona (17:08)?

Edited by Tovan
@AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:
" Take it from me: Naoto doesn't really look good without a hat. Just saying. "
Dude are you crazy?
Posted by JackiJinx

I looked this particular piece of info because I know you guys were still missing my favorite social link from Persona 3, Tower.

Tower is very simple to get as you just need to get the tutor job and, I'm assuming, do it.

Also to note, if you want to see a different side of Naoto, make her your girlfriend before Christmas.
Posted by Lilarcor
@RabidSquirrel89: True, but to keep the physical skills, they have to either give up some light or dark skills, or Mind Charge/Megidola, which are also very useful. Personally, I usually left physical attacks to my main character by having at least one really strong physical Persona.

Teddie has kind of the same problem: there's just not enough space for the ice magic, the healing and the buffs he learns. You have to pick and choose, and sometimes it's really tough.
Posted by Sethmanok

VInny, absolutely terrific job with the G.I Joe reference, "Dont give em' the stick"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAcg-kMC4QA

Posted by Dan_CiTi

Male class rep = Mitsuo VA
Female rep = Nanako VA

Posted by asian_pride

Can't wait for the Cultural Festival. I think this part contains THE funniest scenes in the game...especially after the festival too.

Posted by AbsoluteApathy
@RabidSquirrel89 said:
Yeah but if I remember correctly, Tempest Slash can be a force to reckon with on single target damage. A possibility of two hits and a possibility of either one being a critical is pretty sweet. I remember Tempest Slash being better than even the severe damaging physical attacks in Persona 3 FES, but I know the severe physical attacks have been greatly improved in 4. "
Tempest Slash in P4 is a pretty bad skill overall especially compared to the vastly improved "severe" damaging skills. Two hits from Tempest slash is still inferior to Brave Blade ( the weakest severe) and it will only do that half of the time. I never used it much in FES so I can't recall how good or bad it was.
Posted by raidingkvatch

yay no more duder!

Posted by WindowColours

When Vinny said about the head in the girl's bag, it suddenly reminded me of School Days.

Posted by AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb
@Tovan51: Nope, Naoto's hair just doesn't look very good.

And that hat is incredibly awesome. Taking it off alone makes her look worse.
Posted by Tovan
@AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:
" @Tovan51: Nope, Naoto's hair just doesn't look very good.

And that hat is incredibly awesome. Taking it off alone makes her look worse. "
Eh, guess it's a matter of opinion.
Posted by doddy_gb

"Those aren't my keys"

Posted by DeadMonkeys

Yes! Back to the Future reference!

Posted by GioVANNI

Make me a man!

Posted by Beomoose

Max Rise before you loose the chance, then worry about the gender confused duo.

Posted by trimon

the panda theory :O What does it mean!!!

Posted by fox01313

Expecting Naoto at one of these endurance runs to show up in a dress. Would have been funny as hell if her stuff stolen from the estate was some of her clothing just to see what her reaction would have been.

Posted by Demonstride

This episode was well worth the wait.

Posted by Carlos1408

This episode had me in tears lol this game is awesome

Posted by bekern

kanji is my favorite character he has all the best lines. "C'mon make me a man!" lolz

Edited by King9999

Next week: the funniest part of P4.

And Kanji, in this episode, demonstrates why he's the best character in the game.  And there's still more Kanji goodness to come.

Posted by bizarrejelly

If you decide to put Naoto in your party, make sure you get the Chakra Ring for her (it's available in the next dungeon). That halves the SP cost of all spells, and Naoto's burn through SP like mad.

Posted by ryan15778

I hope Young Detective gets thrown in the TV

Posted by Konanda
@VanTesla said:
"  Love this ER episode :)

To get Naoto as a girlfriend you need to get certain answers correct. Here they are if you look. nothing spoiling.

Rank 5 to 6 final options 1. im glad your a girl.

Rank 7 to 8 second to last options 1.Protect Naoto. final options 1.Because i like you.

rank 9 to 10 for a intresting event pick  2.*"I" Would be nice.*2 Translation Note: More formal "I" used more commonly by girls. You will not have alot of time with Naoto so when you unlock her use every day you can and get as many answers correct to speed it up. Makes sure to get a Fortune persona so it makes it faster :)"

I hope they see this. Also if Vinny wants to see Naoto without her hat he should probably follow this and do so before Christmas.
Posted by Codeacious

Anyone else getting a "You don't have permission to access this file" error when trying to watch this on the iPhone app?

Posted by RedRoach

Vinny and Jeff, im not positive, but in order for naoto to be your GF, you need to say the right things, and i think those are the ones where you imply she is a girl.