99 Comments
  • 99 results
Posted by capthavic

seriously what is the point of wearing the armor if your just going to hide behind boxes? I wasn't expecting a deep stealth game but jeez *roll*

Posted by fingofongo

you guys have to crank up the volume when cliffy b speaks

Posted by KillerFly

You can totally skip the Cliffy B intro. Just hit Back.

Posted by skrutop

I played about 10 hours of Gears 1.  This looks exactly the same as that.  In fact, the map that Ryan was playing looked just like the part I was in where you're going to Fenix's mansion.  To each their own, but I just don't get the appeal.

Posted by Milkman
@legendary1 said:
" wow... this is supposedly great gears of war? Never seen it before but it looks like shit. Not just the stealth, I understand thats not the intent of the game, but the gunplay looks horrifically bad and the game seems to be easy enough that you have god mode, auto aim, and AI stupid mode permanently on. Is the whole point of the game to give 12 year old kids a lot of animated blood to look at? "
You got all that from watching the game for 20 minutes? Wow, you must really be a fucking idiot.
Posted by GnsDemon

I was correct in thinking that I wasn't going to be getting this DLC...Thank you Jeff and Ryan

Edited by Pyroph

No one has said it yet, but the reason they're detected is because of their smell, not sight. Yeah it doesn't really make a ton of sense to be sneaking around like that, but would you really want to be walking around pretending to be a guard? I guess it could work.
 Gears was never for stealth, and this is undoubtedly why it was cut out.

I still think that there could be a stealth element to Gears. Getting the surprise on enemies happens in every game, I think people just blew this way out of proportion.

I personally still think it could be cool for it, but they need to pick which one they're going to do. Full stealth or walking around pretending to be a guard.

The single player is short - it's a cut out idea. They aren't going to make a full scene of an out of place concept for the game. It's cool to see the scrapped ideas.

The main content here is the maps. Usually a map pack comes out for $10 and 3 maps. 7 maps and this for $15 is a great deal.

Sorry for the long response, I just love the Gears universe/atmosphere. :)

Posted by CustardArmy

the stealth gameplay looks dumb....

Edited by legendary1
@Milkman said:
" @legendary1 said:
" wow... this is supposedly great gears of war? Never seen it before but it looks like shit. Not just the stealth, I understand thats not the intent of the game, but the gunplay looks horrifically bad and the game seems to be easy enough that you have god mode, auto aim, and AI stupid mode permanently on. Is the whole point of the game to give 12 year old kids a lot of animated blood to look at? "
You got all that from watching the game for 20 minutes? Wow, you must really be a fucking idiot. "
I dunno. Were they playing a different game for 20 mins then what the rest of Gears of war is? AFAIK all I didnt see is a multiplayer game, which had better be fucking awesome to make up for the rest of what I have seen. Everything just looks horrible, I mean they had those vicious looking melee guys ripping at your characters for several seconds and the completely unarmored dude wasn't even visibly injured, but launches into a blood filled death scene as soon as you press a button. It honestly looks like the game has god mode on. Gears of War appears to be a step back from the original doom. Also, some developer who I don't care about giving me an introduction to their game just reeks of douchebaggery and needs to be shot.

Best part of the game I saw was when the character said 'jesus christ the dumbass map creator decided we had to go up ANOTHER fucking ladder and pull ANOTHER fucking level to get to the next part". Good to know at least that whoever the script writer was knew how bad everything is.
Posted by MeatSim

I can see why this was cut from the game, lets hope they never try and serious make a stealth section.

Posted by CoolDrMoney

This DLC looks like a major waste of money

Posted by Th3_James

For me, gears of war has been slightly tweaked since the original at launch.

Posted by Media_Master

Delta Squad still looks like a pack of meat heads

Posted by freakydude20
@legendary1 said:
" @Milkman said:
" @legendary1 said:
You got all that from watching the game for 20 minutes? Wow, you must really be a fucking idiot. "
I dunno. Were they playing a different game for 20 mins then what the rest of Gears of war is? AFAIK all I didnt see is a multiplayer game, which had better be fucking awesome to make up for the rest of what I have seen. Everything just looks horrible, I mean they had those vicious looking melee guys ripping at your characters for several seconds and the completely unarmored dude wasn't even visibly injured, but launches into a blood filled death scene as soon as you press a button. It honestly looks like the game has god mode on. Gears of War appears to be a step back from the original doom. Also, some developer who I don't care about giving me an introduction to their game just reeks of douchebaggery and needs to be shot.Best part of the game I saw was when the character said 'jesus christ the dumbass map creator decided we had to go up ANOTHER fucking ladder and pull ANOTHER fucking level to get to the next part". Good to know at least that whoever the script writer was knew how bad everything is. "
have you ever even played it? plenty of times games can look stupid or poorly made and be tons of fun and entertaining for reasons you don't even understand. and just because the guy wants to tell you about his product and explain it does not make him a douche by any means. and the guy on the ground that you didn't think was injured? in the game when people are on the ground they leave trails of blood and bleed from the face so yea i would say they might have gotten a slight booboo. and through this whole video they are doing it on the easier difficulties. to easy for you? turn it the fuck up and it gets plenty hard no god mode needed.
Posted by Aaox
@Milkman said:
" @legendary1 said:
Let sleeping idiots lie, mate. Best not to wake this one up, he seems like a real douche. That aside, I totally agree with you. This guy is a moron in every sense of the word. He's out looking for a fight (figuraitvley speaking, of course), so we shouldn't oblige him. Like every other idiot on the internet, he's only happy when he's insulting somone or something. Don't give it a second thought.
Posted by legendary1
@Aaox said:
"Let sleeping idiots lie, mate. Best not to wake this one up, he seems like a real douche. That aside, I totally agree with you. This guy is a moron in every sense of the word. He's out looking for a fight (figuraitvley speaking, of course), so we shouldn't oblige him. Like every other idiot on the internet, he's only happy when he's insulting somone or something. Don't give it a second thought. "
The internet: Where having an opinion makes you a douchebag looking for a fight. Actually nevermind, it's the same everywhere else in the world.
Posted by blackblade500

This makes me remember when jeff was still working for Gamespot and they did tourneys for some games and they did the Capital Punishment for the first Gears of War. It was Jeff, Rich Gallup, and Arron Thomas and i don't know if you guys here at giantbomb will read this comment but, it would be awesome if you guys held tourneys too but about dark corners, it looks pretty cool.

Posted by Apathylad

Jeff: "Mucus Fenix in Gears of Blehhh"

Contextually I think "Garbage of War" is the funnier parody name.
PS: No, I'm not bagging on Gears of War.

Posted by Soap

This stealth section looks so fucking dumb.

Dropping the box to distract a guard? WTF?! Why was that box even just randomly hanging there (other than for this purpose....ffs)

Also, multiple times they walked literally, infront of the guards and nothing.... maybe they should just stick to what there good at.. shooting shit.

Posted by Yzzerdd

ALL FATHERS ALL UNITS TAKE THE DARK CORNERS TO THE ROAD TO RUIN

Edited by Radar

Hey, it's more Gears. I might pick this back up even though it was one of the sloppiest launches I've ever witnessed.

Posted by ch3burashka

I still find it hilarious that the corpses lose all weight after they're dead.

Posted by RsistncE

So happy I got rid of this game...

Posted by ManMadeGod
@legendary1 said:
" @Milkman said:
" @legendary1 said:
I dunno. Were they playing a different game for 20 mins then what the rest of Gears of war is? AFAIK all I didnt see is a multiplayer game, which had better be fucking awesome to make up for the rest of what I have seen. Everything just looks horrible, I mean they had those vicious looking melee guys ripping at your characters for several seconds and the completely unarmored dude wasn't even visibly injured, but launches into a blood filled death scene as soon as you press a button. It honestly looks like the game has god mode on. Gears of War appears to be a step back from the original doom. Also, some developer who I don't care about giving me an introduction to their game just reeks of douchebaggery and needs to be shot.Best part of the game I saw was when the character said 'jesus christ the dumbass map creator decided we had to go up ANOTHER fucking ladder and pull ANOTHER fucking level to get to the next part". Good to know at least that whoever the script writer was knew how bad everything is. "
It's because the game is on easy. I do not believe for a second that you could not figure that out for yourself. Please stop trolling.
Posted by DarkGamerOO7

All Fronts is an excellent deal, to bad Gears of War 2 online is still broken. *sigh* EPIC should have put out a Beta for this game, but no, Cliffy B had to be arrogant and decide not to put one out because he thought it would hurt sales. I loved the Campaign mode in Gears of War 2, but the online was awful, and unfortunately, I don't find the deleted scene worth the $15 or $20.

Posted by sdauz

I wanted GoW2 sooooo bad....MP was such a downer....mostly because of the load times associated with finding a game

Posted by TheHT

looks ok. that nowhere level looks pretty good.

Posted by piropeople13

All I knows is they got the earth man's gunz

LMAO XD

Edited by Superfriend

Gears 2 on normal is way too easy, well unless you suck at it like Ryan :-)

Posted by gimmysumcowbel

great game. to bad online is still pretty laggy

Posted by eduardo

Sadly I can't play this, the content is locked for my region. Yay, Microsoft.

Posted by CharkeeFarlee

Played this yesterday with a good friend, it wasn't GREAT but it's worth the play :)
and it's funny on insane!

Posted by Irishjohn

Holy crap, he totally looks like DB Sweeney.  Good call.

Edited by TOYBOXX

To be honest I watched this video in hopes that Gears 2 would perk my interest in playing it again with the new DLC and all. Unfortunately, it only reminded me of why I don't play this. Especially online. The last I played online the game was broken to the point of no return - at least for me. However, the franchise was fun while it lasted, but now it's time to move on.

Edited by supermike6

This lookds awful. All the locusts are completely retarded, it's a wonder how they took over the world. Looks boring, and I loved the Gears of War 2 campaign. That requires no stealth at all, you just walk by as they're like, "Oh he's opening the big door right behind us, is that bad?" Not getting this. There's a reason they deleted it.

Posted by Origina1Penguin

I'm buying All Fronts because I don't have any DLC maps.  I'm not excited about the stealth though.

Posted by DarkKitchen

OMG I HATE CLIFFY B SO MUCH

Edited by bybeach

Right on jeff ...

Go get `em, Marcus Kanjii . 'Gonna go beat up those ladders and levers.'

I love the color of Mucus in the morning

Posted by Commando

the stealth would get really boring

Posted by raidingkvatch

Ryan plays as Dizzy just like me

Posted by serialtoon
@Trilogy: LOL! nice.
Posted by ThePantheon

Can someone explain to a GoW noob what "What's Up?" is in the game menu?

Edited by NickM
@ThePantheon said:
" Can someone explain to a GoW noob what "What's Up?" is in the game menu? "
It shows you what your friends are doing and lets you send invites in-game
Posted by RHCPfan24

This doesn't look worth it too much; I don't play much of the game online so I may not get much out of this.

Posted by LiK

what happened to CliffyB's frosted locks??? NOOOO!!!!!

Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff

I played Road to Ruin with my brother, so I didn't have anyone leading me. We just slowly walked through. I figured taking cover and such would look suspicious.

Posted by Kyreo

Mucus Pheonix and Dick Mohawk. 

The best names Jeff has made up.

Edited by detectivepbert

I'm not getting any more 360 games until Gears 3 comes out.

Posted by KatyGaGa

wow, its been exactly a year ago today that this was posted.