183 Comments
  • 183 results
Posted by Stryfeman

Naoto is crap against bosses though

Posted by KaosAngel
@EvilTwin said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER!  MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER!  MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER!  MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER!  MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER!  MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER!  MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER!  MAX OUT ALL SOCIAL LINKS BEFORE THE END OF NOVEMBER! "
Why?  You can S.link for most of December. "
You sure about that?  I remember not being able to do some of them after the turning point.
Posted by FluxWaveZ
@Intrepid said:
"@KaosAngel: Maxing out ALL slinks is impossible at this point"

Yes, it's not going to happen
Posted by YoungDetective
@EvilTwin: No, he must be right, he's using all caps.
Edited by EvilTwin
@KaosAngel: I maxed both Emperor (Kanji) and Hanged (Naoki) in December.  I did it on one of the last days possible.  In fact, http://persona4.wikidot.com/schedule will tell you exactly who you can s.link with in December and when.

Edit: For redundant "in facts"
Posted by raikoh05

vinny needs to slow down and do things correctly

Posted by TheDoorman

If only Naoto had a desert eagle....

Posted by Sarumarine

"Shoot that bird three times in the face and then kick it!"
I love Naoto's critical animation.

You guys seem to be trucking pretty well in the Heaven dungeon. Hope it lasts for you. Heh.

Posted by evilhomer

naoto rocks with the light/dark was killing more than anyone else...not sure why they kept saying it was wasteful she has a big sp pool to work with too, but we all know how jeff feels about chie lol.

the light/dark all work great especially cause she gets boosts too and for bosses have her mind charge than megidola for damage her physicals are good as well.  dont think mind charge works with light/dark like they asked but i could be wrong.

Posted by DerekDanahy

Another dungeon, damn.

Posted by Death_Burnout
@DerekDanahy said:
" Another dungeon, damn. "
Which means a slew of boring episodes :(
Posted by skippyscissors

Damn Naoto, three caps and then a kick. Someones been watching Chie.

Edited by raikoh05

you need to fuse black frost. hes not getting any more spells, its time.

also, if you know its a waste to use naoto's light/ dark, use moar physicals.

Posted by CaptainObvious
@Death_Burnout said:
" @DerekDanahy said:
" Another dungeon, damn. "
Which means a slew of boring episodes :( "
Yep :(

Posted by Swoxx

such a sweet and innocent dungeon, waiting to be...entered...erhm...Thanks for the long ep guys! <3. 

Posted by neon123

The dungeon episodes are awesome!

Posted by KillaMaStA

I like the new music.

And also, Chie is more useless than Naoto. Chie has light ice which is crap and medium physical while Naoto has Heavy Physical and Heavy almighty damage.

I would recommend keeping Naoto or maybe going Teddie instead.

Posted by Walreese55

FUSIN' TIME!

Posted by FelixLighter

I mostly just listen to the Endurance Runs, while I'm at work.  For me Dungeon episodes are the best.  More chatter between Jeff and Vinny.

Posted by Food

General Tso's, General Tsao's, General Cho's, General Chow's, General Zao's... they're all the same thing.  The dish is just called different things in different parts of the country.

Posted by viklanderviking

This episode started out real slow with you going inside the dungeon then going out, then going in. It turned out being a pretty good episode tho´, and now your using the same party I did from this point in the game until the end! ;)

Posted by FrankCanada97
@KillaMaStA: Naoto may be useful now, but she is completely useless against bosses, whereas Chie is especially useful against bosses, especially near the end of the game.
Posted by legendary1
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @KillaMaStA: Naoto may be useful now, but she is completely useless against bosses, whereas Chie is especially useful against bosses, especially near the end of the game. "
Party members with -dyne level skills and +boost/amp buffs do a bit more damage per turn then chie power charging and attacking, and they dont put themselves at risk by lowering their health. But Chie does still beat out naoto, though naoto can come close if you really want to spend your SP's quickly with the megido line. And no matter what, the final boss is always cake if you have certain awesome persona's like yoshitsune.
Posted by Earthborn

"Also, the Mets are losing..."

Classic.

Posted by MoTheHawk
@KillaMaStA: The only problem with ditching Chie is that she learns way better physical skills than Naoto very soon, and she has Power Charge.  Kanji would have been a viable option too, but they've already left him for dead.
Posted by FrankCanada97
@legendary1: In my endgame party, I had Yukiko, Chie, and Teddie. I had Teddie because he has matarukaja. For me, when Teddie uses Matarukaja, while Chie uses Power Charge and then God's Hand, it was pretty much a gamebreaker.
Posted by HT101

Man, another great episode and hopefully they can make it to at least the miniboss tomorrow.

Posted by MeatSim

Whoa! Naoto! I didn't buy tickets to the gun show!   .....wait that doesn't work.

Edited by legendary1
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @legendary1: In my endgame party, I had Yukiko, Chie, and Teddie. I had Teddie because he has matarukaja. For me, when Teddie uses Matarukaja, while Chie uses Power Charge and then God's Hand, it was pretty much a gamebreaker. "
Everyone at high level is a gamebreaker tbh. But for me Chie + Power Charge does an average of 400 damage to the finale boss before buffs once every 2 turns, while Yosuke or Yukiko (teddie too probably, but I don't have him leveled) does an average of 350 damage every turn without buffs if they have amp + a buff accessory for 40%. You can even get a 50% accessory if you get lucky to buff even further. So Chie is doing about 200 damage per turn average while spell casters almost double that. Just for the sake of comparison Kanji is able to do about 250 damage per turn, with primal force spam. So spells are definitely the way to go for party members.

Of course, as I said none of this matters if you use yoshitsune yourself. Power Charge alone is enough to get 900 damage out of Hassou Tobi. If you rakunda the boss and tarukaja yourself I have seen 2.1k damage off a single attack. So... yeah, you can pretty much rape everything alone while your party plays defense if you want.
Posted by unangbangkay

When you get the chance, fight back up this dungeon, because you can get one of the best items in the game. Definitely a ring that you'll use, and it'll also make Naoto much more useful if you decide not to use it for yourself.

Posted by ZephyrAtraides

Someone ought to post a guide for getting the true ending, just in case people want to read it

Edited by Vlaphor

The resurrection ring is only really useful for the hidden extra boss.  This boss will kill everyone in the party after 50 turns, but if you have the ring, then you get another 50 turns to kill the boss.

Also just wanted to let you know that Hariti is good at healing, but Ishtar is the best healer in the game.  Ishtar will have Mediarahan at the start, plus will also learn spell master (which cuts sp cost in half).  Mediarahan costs 30sp by itself, so it's worth thinking about.  Ishtar can only be fused after you max Rise's social link and is a lvl 71 persona

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@ZephyrAtraides: There is one on Giant Bomb posted  by Hailinel that is as non-spoilerish as can be.
Posted by El_Rickhead

i've just noticed, when the characters go inside the tv they all start to wear glasses, wat the shit?

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@FrankCanada97 said:
"@KillaMaStA: Naoto may be useful now, but she is completely useless against bosses, whereas Chie is especially useful against bosses, especially near the end of the game."

True that.  I was deeply regretting having stuck with Naoto when I was uo against the final, final boos.  The other 2 members were Yukiko and Teddie for their healing abilities, their gret -dyne skills combined with the equips that increased fire skills damage by 30% and same with ice along with Teddie's buffs.  The whole time Naoto was casting Megidola (I believe) and that was crap.  Naoto's physicals were not doing much on that boss either.
Posted by ArbitraryWater

Maybe they should use a higher level persona like Tam Lin instead of Black Frost? Oh well. At least they dumped Chie for Naoto, who is far better against regular enemies but fairly worthless against bosses.

Posted by ch3burashka

I would like to remind y'all that you CAN escape if you need to. If you encounter something that will either drain your SP or is too tough, you CAN ESCAPE.

I REPEAT: YOU CAN ESCAPE.

Edited by legendary1
@Vlaphor said:
" The resurrection ring is only really useful for the hidden extra boss.  This boss will kill everyone in the party after 50 turns, but if you have the ring, then you get another 50 turns to kill the boss. "
Its still plenty useful for your character to protect from instant kill spells or a few nasty groups, though those aren't particularly likely to kill you except in hard mode. Also I think they already have one of those items from somewhere, though I can't remember when they got it. I also think they get one automatically for getting first place on the last exam.

@theholybible said:
" i've just noticed, when the characters go inside the tv they all start to wear glasses, wat the shit? "
The glasses let them see through the fog. You probably missed the explanation a hundred episodes ago?
Posted by Elazul

Come on guys, you can't get rid of Naoto! She's got a friggin' gun and she looks like Izzy Stradlin!

Posted by JeffGoldblum
@theholybible said:
" i've just noticed, when the characters go inside the tv they all start to wear glasses, wat the shit? "
Its explained at the beginning of the game. The TV world is very foggy. Teddy made them glasses so they could see better.
Posted by FluxWaveZ
@ArbitraryWater said:
"Maybe they should use a higher level persona like Tam Lin instead of Black Frost? Oh well. At least they dumped Chie for Naoto, who is far better against regular enemies but fairly worthless against bosses."

Maybe, but it's very useful that neither Fire or Ice affects Black Frost.
Posted by DragonofFate

You know, Naoto has some physicals she can use instead of just shooting / casting light and dark.

Posted by LordAndrew

Chie's ice spells are crap. She's great early on, but at this point her usefulness is waning.
If you don't want to use Naoto, at least use Teddie instead. He gets great ice spells and healing spells, as well as Traesto so you don't need to keep so many Goho-M items.

Oh, and the optional boss item at the top of this dungeon is an acessory that halves SP consumption. It's a great item that I ended sharing with Yukiko, Naoto, and Teddie.

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@LordAndrew said:
"Chie's ice spells are crap. She's great early on, but at this point her usefulness is waning.If you don't want to use Naoto, at least use Teddie instead. He gets great ice spells and healing spells, as well as Traesto so you don't need to keep so many Goho-M items. Oh, and the optional boss item at the top of this dungeon is an acessory that halves SP consumption. It's a great item that I ended sharing with Yukiko, Naoto, and Teddie."

Teddie also has some great buffs.
Posted by WerewolfGuy

Man, naoto is pretty awesome... I hope they max out her S link and use her till the end.

Posted by LordAndrew
@FluxWaveZ: Fo sho.
Posted by Eirikr
@LordAndrew: Chie's ice is weak for sure, but it still knocks stuff down which is all that really matters for them. I'd suggest they keep her in for her Power Charge awesomeness.

I'm sure some others have echoed this, but it's time to stop using Black Frost. Not necessarily ditch him completely -- you can't argue with his resistances. But you'll have to give some other Personas turns to gain EXP and get more skills. Plus, as is usually the case with Megaten games, base level affects effectiveness. So if Black Frost were level 60, he still wouldn't be as effective as another Persona who starts off at level 60. It's not a gamebreaker, but it's noticeable.
Posted by Mikl
@FluxWaveZ:
He's also 20 levels behind everyone else.
Posted by Slaneesh
@theholybible said:
"i've just noticed, when the characters go inside the tv they all start to wear glasses, wat the shit?"

Have you just started watching, because thats fairly simple?
Posted by LordAndrew
@Eirikr: I kept using Black Frost for some time. But my Black Frost had better skills and I used him enough to keep him at a decent enough level. Theirs has definitely declined in usefulness. They need to fuse that sucker into something better.

Power Charge? I don't think they really use such spells much, do they? It seems they prefer to spam elemental magic. I had no problem using that, but I'm not sure it really fits their play style.
  • 183 results