• 182 results
Posted by Whisperkill

wow, this game is shit, no wonder it failed

Posted by LordAndrew

Reboot and turn off memory manager.
Reboot!

Posted by Delta_Ass

Whoa, Dawn of War 2 on the desktop.

Didn't know Ryan had started playing ze RTSs.

Posted by Ainwaith

holy shit 47 minutes

Posted by DerekDanahy

That was an awesome episode.  Can't wait till tomorrow.

Posted by Trilogy
@Legend said:
" Ryan actually posted something on the MxO forum:

"Hey folks, this is Ryan from Giant Bomb. We just finished recording today's video and I wanted to say that we had an absolute BLAST. Our handle on the mechanics of MxO is still flimsy at best, but we're trying, and we really appreciate both the people who have been helping us through the experience, as well as the ruthless gangstas who have been murdering us repeatedly. This is the MxO experience we were looking for!

Every hero needs a villain. We are more than happy to help you guys out with that."

It's funny how some of them wanted to ruin the game for him and he ended up liking it more instead.

"
That's the point. If he complained about it and got all pissed off, it would only satisfy their demented little minds.
Posted by HandsomeDead
'Achoo! Oh, i'm allergic to great games.' Absolutely classic, Vinny line. Seriously though, so many of those guys are dicks. People who use phrases like 'in teh painsssssssssssssssss' deserve to have their game shut down.
Posted by ryanwho

So much fog and shit's still poppin in. I suppose they leave the glitches in so it feels more Matrixy. No idea why this thing didn't last.

Posted by omgmetalgear

NOT LIKE THIS

Posted by lacke

Say hi to Tonka and stop being rude!

Posted by GameFreak315

"Get out of there, they're casting hampster on you."  Oh, Vinny.  :P

And is that 11:00 Pacific time?  Because that'll be 1:00am here.  Oh well, I can catch it later.  :)  Good luck!

Posted by SomeRandomInternetGuy

Its not that people are being rude to them, thats just how Vector players are. Its a hostile server, if they are red they will be dead. And most people on Vector think they are gangstahs as well, so that also adds to that mentality. But also, the Devs have turned everyone level 69, which is waaay above the level cap, so that should be interesting :p

Posted by Ineedaname

"Bless you..."
"Oh I'm allergic to great games"

Genius.

Posted by Damian

Absolutely epic! The factions both killing and helping you both rule. I hope they're both around next time. This was a blast.

Great show ya'll!
Posted by Light_Bahamut

Best video on GB ever.

Posted by ez123
@SomeRandomInternetGuy said:
" Its not that people are being rude to them, thats just how Vector players are. Its a hostile server, if they are red they will be dead. And most people on Vector think they are gangstahs as well, so that also adds to that mentality. But also, the Devs have turned everyone level 69, which is waaay above the level cap, so that should be interesting :p "
There's more than one server?
Edited by Ghostiet

God, those MxO twats are annoying. Proves that while if a movie takes itself not too serious at points, its fans don't, I guess.

Still, it was funny to watch some hard turds to bust the shit out of Ryan and Vinny with l33t MMO skills for making fun of their game (at least I felt this was their point). I'm happy there is a department they excell in, too bad it's a MMO that's going to die any hour.

@ez123 said:
" @SomeRandomInternetGuy said:
" Its not that people are being rude to them, thats just how Vector players are. Its a hostile server, if they are red they will be dead. And most people on Vector think they are gangstahs as well, so that also adds to that mentality. But also, the Devs have turned everyone level 69, which is waaay above the level cap, so that should be interesting :p "
There's more than one server? "
Yes :p Recursion (kinda RP server), Syntax (the RP server), and Vector (the OMG IM SO LEET IM GONNA PWN UR FACE LOLOLOLO server)
Posted by DanielJW
@SomeRandomInternetGuy: They have enough people to justify running three servers do they?
@DanielJW said:
" @SomeRandomInternetGuy: They have enough people to justify running three servers do they? "
No, we had been asking them a while to merge the last 3 servers, the 3 servers havent been all medium population until this final week >_>
Posted by DanielJW
" @DanielJW said:
" @SomeRandomInternetGuy: They have enough people to justify running three servers do they? "
No, we had been asking them a while to merge the last 3 servers, the 3 servers havent been all medium population until this final week >_> "
Well, nonetheless have fun in your final days! (I don't mean that in an assholeish way at all) :D
Edited by Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Idk if anyone has posted this but this is the forum site for the matrix online where many people are complaining about Giant Bomb http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/posts/list.m?&topic_id=36300029344 .  I fund it hilarious, it was the exact opposite of these comments, instead of people saying shit about the Matrix its people saying shit about Giant Bomb and Ryan.  But can you blame them they are defending a game they love, but it is funny how so many people now hate them.

Posted by TheFreeMan

This was the best episode yet! (Although I missed #3)

Whole lot of insane stuff happening and tons of funny commentary to go along with it. The war with the angels at the end was simultaneously awesome and baffling. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

@TheFreeMan:
The Angels are Agents from the first version of the Matrix, which was suppose to be a paradise for humans but they rejected it because it was too perfect and such. But yes, it is pretty baffling :p
Posted by OllyOxenFree

Try using uStream to broadcast Live the final hours.  Should be quite enticing...

Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite

I remember when this game first came out, I was thinking of getting it.  However, I had dial up internet access and was and still am not into MMO's, tried in several occasions but after a month or two I just never went back.

Posted by AllanIceman

LOL this is awesome

Posted by BadSniper52

they can use ustream.com live broadcast from there.

Posted by FrumpyBiscuts

best episode yet

Posted by TheFreeMan
" @TheFreeMan: The Angels are Agents from the first version of the Matrix, which was suppose to be a paradise for humans but they rejected it because it was too perfect and such. But yes, it is pretty baffling :p "
Holy shit, really? Man. Was that in the movies or something that they put into the story for the game?
Posted by Dtat

They need to do another Endurance Run of an MMO. This is amazing. They could have a feature where they spend a couple weeks on an MMO and then move on to another one. It's pretty clear that people all over the world want a piece of them!

@TheFreeMan said:
" @TheFreeMan: The Angels are Agents from the first version of the Matrix, which was suppose to be a paradise for humans but they rejected it because it was too perfect and such. But yes, it is pretty baffling :p "
Holy shit, really? Man. Was that in the movies or something that they put into the story for the game? "
The Architect mentioned in the movies that the first Matrix was a paradise for humans, but everyone rejected it. So the Devs in MxO interpreted it as the first Matrix being heavenly, so they made the Agents from that version as Angels.
Posted by TheFreeMan
" @TheFreeMan said:
Holy shit, really? Man. Was that in the movies or something that they put into the story for the game? "
The Architect mentioned in the movies that the first Matrix was a paradise for humans, but everyone rejected it. So the Devs in MxO interpreted it as the first Matrix being heavenly, so they made the Agents from that version as Angels. "
Damn. I hope that they pull some sort of Armageddon event then, for the ending of the game.
Posted by AURON570

crazy mmo players

Posted by Metiphis

The MXO forums do all this talk about how they're game is great and the community is awesome, and instead of helping Ryan and Vinny out they decide to kill them over and over.  Way to elevate yourselves MXO community.  You can cry about how these videos make your game look like crap and react like babies about it, or you can go out with a bang and show us why the game was cool.

@TheFreeMan: Well there are currently giant eye balls in the sky at random times, and it snows blood too, Agents are spawning on people as well and not just those corrupted they have been fighting. Unfortunately, the Giant Bomb guys seem to only catch the Halloween weather which is pretty disorienting.
@Metiphis said:
" The MXO forums do all this talk about how they're game is great and the community is awesome, and instead of helping Ryan and Vinny out they decide to kill them over and over.  Way to elevate yourselves MXO community.  You can cry about how these videos make your game look like crap and react like babies about it, or you can go out with a bang and show us why the game was cool. "
Its a hostile server, I play on WoW and its just the same as PvP server there. Just imagine that Ryan and Vinny are the only Alliance in Orgrimmar and are surrounded by Orcs or something :p There are plenty of MxO players that are willing to help them, but yes, some want to pwn their face.
Posted by Metiphis
@SomeRandomInternetGuy:

No no, I have read the MXO forums, people are specifically killing them over and over because of these videos.  Kill parties have been organized specifically for them.  Hostile server or no, there's some sour grapes.
@Metiphis: I've had kill parties sent after my character a ton of times on Vector, they should be honored really that people would dedicate their free time to kill them... at least, thats how I live with myself. But yes, every game will have their good and sour grapes, but they only have to put up with it for one more night :p
Posted by spiceninja

I find it sad that the MXO community is using their last few hours of game time to hunt down and kill someone because he doesn't love it the way they do.

Posted by KillaMaStA

Madness. Just how it shoul be..

JUST LIKE THIS!

Posted by dark_maggot

"He is casting Squirrel on you"

lol

Great Video.

Posted by FlipperDesert

Holy crap, that was nuts. Excited for tomorrooooow!

Edited by Dethfish

This game is great. You either have dudes trying to help you or dudes trying to fucking murder you and you can't tell who's who until it's too late. Now only if it wasn't constantly dark then this game might be even better. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Posted by Kraznor

Awesome, that was the best episode so far. Didn't even make it all the way through the last one.

@Dethfish77 said:
"

This game is great. You either have dudes trying to help you or dudes trying to fucking murder you and you can't tell who's who until it's too late. Now only if it wasn't constantly dark then this game might be even better. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

"
Its not constant dark, the weather patterns change around... they just log in at the bad times :p
Posted by Terjay

Yo mama: Online

Posted by JamesNI

Fucking right.

Who thought most Matrix fans would be so emo?

Ooooooh sarcasm!!

Posted by FunExplosions

ice man came from a different game to kill you. hahahah

Posted by WerewolfGuy

I wonder, will Giant Bomb end the "Not Like This" series(?) after the Matrix ends, or is it possible that after that they would then go on to reveal some other lesser known quality MMOs to their massive audience? Perhaps they could dive into an MMO for a month or several, and then move on to another one. Maybe "Not Like This" is the beginning of this series and not exclusive to the Matrix Online?

That would be pretty awesome, but seems unlikely.

• 182 results