242 Comments
Edited by Daroki
@AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:
" Dear everyone calling Chie shit and implying Naoto is a god,

I have two words for you, followed by two other words:

"Power Charge"...

and then...

"God's Hand".

You hear that? That's the sound of every boss left in the game weeping.

Although, yes, I will admit that Naoto is better for random encounters. "
As a note, that's every boss except the extra heaven boss who laughs it off since he nulls physical.

But if a boss is going to eat a Power Charged God's Hand, they're going to be VERY unhappy.

And yeah, having Chie and Teddie in that boss battle = ARGH!!!  (He nulls physical and DRAINS Ice...)
Posted by unangbangkay

Hey guys!

If you want the HALVES SP COST RING, you need to fight your way up this dungeon again for the optional boss, then check the side of the stairs once you're done.

Posted by Curufinwe
@Lies said:
" They have like a billion SP restore items, I don't understand why they don't use those instead of paying the Fox. "
QFT.  It's bizarre.

Also, they stopped buying TaPs a long time ago.
Posted by FrankCanada97
@Ghostiet: You're right it is Rise.
Posted by dirtyfootprints
@mrfluke said:
" it blows my mind that they are using physical abilities on that garuda persona that they made , while naoto has heavy physical attacks , and yet they stick with chie just because she has mabufu, and if you notice when chie kicks it does the same amount of damage that naotos gun does, plus naoto crits more than chie , and then naoto does learn mamudoon and mahamon, and light and dark boosts , and if you look at their past boss fights they use chie mostly for either tarukaja  and physical attacks  "
true, but everyone likes chie more. ha.
Posted by LordAndrew
@Metroid545 said:
" Also for luxury hand it blocks everything so use megidola "
Elemental Break spells also work nicely.
Posted by Expletive
@KaosAngel said:
" Remember, Remember the 3RD OF DECEMBER!!!!! "

Posted by ArmedDragoon
@dirtyfootprints said:
" @mrfluke said:
" it blows my mind that they are using physical abilities on that garuda persona that they made , while naoto has heavy physical attacks , and yet they stick with chie just because she has mabufu, and if you notice when chie kicks it does the same amount of damage that naotos gun does, plus naoto crits more than chie , and then naoto does learn mamudoon and mahamon, and light and dark boosts , and if you look at their past boss fights they use chie mostly for either tarukaja  and physical attacks  "
true, but everyone likes chie more. ha.
"
You don't speak for everyone here, eh. I'm planted firmly in Team Naoto.
Posted by Drauglim

You are better off with Black Frost than Garuda, seeing as though Garuda's heavy on one deals less than Yosuke's medium would (and it's for all). If you want a heavy hitter with invigorate 2 use Black Frost.

Posted by ricetopher

When will Vinny learn what every button does?

NEVER

Posted by Kanji_Tatsumi

3, 60+min episodes in a row! whooooooooo

keep it up

Posted by jamescheong

I used Naoto in my party till the (kind of) final boss - but at that point she used way too much sp and only had crappy Almighty spells and Hama/Mudo skills so she was effectively useless in such a long battle. I had to go and relevel my Chie (who I stopped using since the bathhouse) in order to progress past the boss and into the true ending. Naoto isn't worth it (but her social link and x-mas scene is!)

Posted by Meltbrain

Another awesome episode guys. Keep on truckin' through the dungeon.

Posted by WrenchNinja

Naoto's good for the mobs, but terrible for bosses. Even with the SP halving ring and mind charged Megidoloan.

Posted by Beomoose

Tam Lin should be your leave in guy, to get that auto spell's effect. You can swap for Invigorate 2 during the fight.

Posted by Kanji_Tatsumi

you guys got rid of deathbound for evade physical, when you're already strong to physical AND 20% reflect rate, cmon now, use you're heads silly

especially since you also have power charge, the only use of that now is your basic melee attack

Posted by MikPick

The price for Fox's services changes with Fox's mood.

Where he was in a bad mood today (Fox was watching you fish), the cost increased.

Posted by VoodooHero

man chie still hasn't got mabufula! pfff eject!

Posted by ajamafalous

Obligatory Deathbound comment.

Posted by RabidSquirrel89
@AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:

"Power Charge"...

and then...

"God's Hand".

Power Charge + God's Hand = pwnage

Power Charge + God's Hand + Rudra Ring = wtfpwnage
Posted by Red

Don't use Diarahan outside of battle, it's just a waste of SP otherwise.

Posted by DickDarlington

Ugh... I can't believe you ended up with a Tam Lin with Power Charge and then gave up the only physical skill you had.

He should be your keep in Persona. His Auto-Mataru(?) will give the party increased defense for the first three turns of battle, he needs the experience to get Enduring Soul AND he has no weaknesses. I used Tam Lin all the way to the end of the game, even though he was underleveled compared to my other Persona.

Posted by Ghostiet

Mods, just kill atomic_dumpling's and AURON570's posts before guys like SirThirdFilms or Jeff and Vinny themselves read them.

Posted by BadNews

I really hope they get the good ending. It's really worth getting over the bad ending. 

But I needed a guide to tell me what to say and how to get the normal ending. I'm surprised it would be so difficult to get it.

Please guys, get the good ending. :D

Posted by atomic_dumpling
@Ghostiet said:
" Mods, just kill atomic_dumpling's and AURON570's posts before guys like SirThirdFilms or Jeff and Vinny themselves read them. "
I just cleared mine.
Posted by Konanda
@VoodooHero:

She never does get it.
Posted by evilpaul

Three things:

1) You've got Icecubes, FIrecrackers, Tesla Coils, Segaki Rice, Cursed Paper, etc. Use them! You can have people who don't have the right element still hit weaknesses. Particularly the last two which are Hamaon and Mudoon and cost a lot of SP to use!

2) Try Megidola or stuff that's strong against everything like that Gold Hand thing today.

3) You're approaching a critical point...if the Endurance Run is going to continue to get a 'Good' ending you'll probably have to look up the correct answers to some dialog options after this dungeon.

They're rather difficult to figure out on your own the first time through.

Edited by applesaucemen

Actually when I played through the game Naoto is a big help at the final dungons, I replaced Yosuke with naoto because a lot of the enemies are weak against Mudo and Hama skills, shes not that great when it comes to defeating bosses though.

Posted by Zeik
@DickDarlington said:
" Ugh... I can't believe you ended up with a Tam Lin with Power Charge and then gave up the only physical skill you had.
Seriously, that was just...argh. Their aversion to physical skills basically ruined a great physical Persona.

At least they finally seem to be realizing that Chie's magic sucks. Too bad her physical skills right now are also pretty mediocre (especially after giving up Black Spot), so sadly they'll probably continue to think physical skills suck and then not use them.
Posted by Ghostiet

@atomic_dumpling: Cool, mostly concerned about the fact you used a quote. :-)

Gosh, AURON's post was probably the most blunt attempt to warn Jeff and Vinny about December 3rd ever. [']

Posted by PJ

Deathbound is the best physical attack in P3 FES(along whit something that Thor has i dont remember the name though) and i dont think much have changed in P4. Big misstake since the evede skills suck ass and only work like once every 10 physical attacks and whit physical isnt used by the enemys that much in later levels where Vinny and Jeff are.

Im dissepointed. Buuu.

Posted by Konanda
@dirtyfootprints:

Actually that's far from being true in character popularity polls Naoto is always in the top 3 where as Chie is not. Read the internets first next time. 
Posted by Catolf

Now..

I love Naoto (But I won't use her for boss battles)
But I plan to level every character up, no character left behind, just like I did in persona 3.
This way if I ever needed a different skill to pass something i can just grab someone and they are ready to go.
It takes a little longer but it's worth it, ESPECIALLY when you don't wanna pay fox, you can just swap someone out who's low on SP to save time and money.
I had to do this mostly (in p3)because everyone kept getting tired and running from battle on me.
I wish the guys would have kept moving on with the B team but it's a bit too late now.

GREAT EPISODE!

Posted by evilpaul

Primal Force is a stronger Physical attack than Deathbound (Severe vs. Heavy) it's only single target though. You really want to get Repel or Null Physical on your heavy physical damage Persona though as you'll otherwise pull an SMT and one-shot your main character when it's Repel Phys'd back on you.

Same with Hama and Mudo, really.

Edited by Track
@RabidSquirrel89 said:
" @AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:

"Power Charge"...

and then...

"God's Hand".

Power Charge + God's Hand = pwnagePower Charge + God's Hand + Rudra Ring = wtfpwnage "
Look, I'm on the last dungeon and I still haven't gotten God's Hand. I'm level 80.
So, "every boss left in the game" equals ONE.

Now, I have to tell Jeff and Vinny.
I made the mistake of keeping Chie instead of Naoto.
Chie does NOT learn anything higher than Bufula up until level 80!
As far as I know, she is useless. Can you believe I'm at the last dungeon and I'm using Mabufu?!

I say go for Naoto. Just as you said, the All light/dark spells are coming and they're worth it!
Posted by ArbitraryWater

Oh man. This certainly is a face-palming episode. Switching Naoto out for Chie and Giving Tam Lin Evade Physical are both really dumb ideas.

Posted by FrankCanada97
@Track: She should learn God's Hand at Level 70. What level is she?
Posted by Bureksasutlijom

Step 1: Avoiding the Bad Ending

After a major plot point the investigation team will all be together and Yosuke will begin a series of questions addressed at the the Main Character. The last word that Yosuke will say to the MC before he starts answering will be "...Leader?" After that you must answer his following questions with the following responses. Mess up once and it's bad ending for you. 

The Responses you should give to get on the True/Good ending path are...

• First Question: Third Response
  • Second Question: First Response 
  • Third Question: Third Response
  • Fourth Question: Second Response
  • Fifth Question: Third Response
  • Sixth Question: Second Response

Congratulations! You're now on the path to the True/Good Ending!

Step 2: Securing the Good Ending

A number of days after the above events, the Investigation Team will do what they do best. Investigate! You will run around Inaba Investigating the case when you will initiate another important decision point. You will find the MC with Naoto and Yosuke and you will have 3 chances to make the right decision. It shouldn't be to hard to figure it out, but if you need some help, it's on the third page.

Once you've made the right choice, CONGRATS! You've ensured the Good Ending!

Step 3: Achieving the True Ending

If you ensured the good ending and you continue through the game it will eventually jump ahead in the calendar. You will then need to go around and find each of your buddies that you maxed your social link with. leave no stone unturned. 

Once you've talked to everyone, the game will prompt you to go home. Say no! 

Now head over to Junes. The game will try to get you home again. Say no once again and get your ass the Junes!!!

Once you've done the. Huzzah! You've Started the True Ending! Have Fun!

SPOLIER FREE Jeff and Vinny!
Do NOT eff up please man!
Edited by Wiseman4545
@Track:  Chie being useless is completely untrue. Her physical can outdamage Naoto's attack quite easily with Power Charge. She is not a magic user though. If you are ignoring her physical attacks and only focusing on her crap magic skills then yes, she will suck, but that's really your fault.

Chie will actually eventually be the most powerful party member you will get.
Posted by Brendan
@Bureksasutlijom:
Post that for every ER vid, cus that was perfect.
Edited by Curufinwe

Can people please wait till we're a little closer to December 3rd before posting all these detailed instructions.  It's way too early for that much detail.

Just let the guys play for a bit.

Posted by amandackrueger

Oh dear lord, the Major League reference at 4:20 almost destroyed me. Second greatest movie ever made.

Posted by Kanji_Tatsumi
@RabidSquirrel89 said:
" @AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb said:

"Power Charge"...

and then...

"God's Hand".

Power Charge + God's Hand = pwnagePower Charge + God's Hand + Rudra Ring = wtfpwnage "

QFT

chie was my #1 brute force for the final true boss, power charge+gods hand was BEAST, about 500dmg each time

Posted by Undeadpool

Funny you mention an accessory that halves SP, if you ace your finals and check where Nanako usually sits in the Dojima house, you'll find a, you guessed it, accessory that halves SP cost.

Posted by Agent_Lost

Nice, floor 6 on the first day and there still not done.

Posted by Majkiboy

As many have already stated, destroying Tam Lin wa perhaps not the best thing you could do :o
This episode was the most annoying so far. Where did the logics go?

fyi, I havn't played the game.

Posted by MikPick
@Bureksasutlijom: Very nice mini guide, hopefully the guys notice it.

Also to Jeff and Vinny, Yukiko does not need Me Patra. This only covers a few status ailments, while Charlie has Personae with Amirita, which covers all ailments. Plus you have items you can use too which would be more SP efficient.
Posted by deathswhisper
@Donkeysraliens: dude dont doubt yourself that statement was brilliant

Posted by DannyJ

At 20:25, Vinny makes a sound that sounded like my cell phone vibrating and I checked it >_>

Posted by amino
@PJ said:
" Deathbound is the best physical attack in P3 FES(along whit something that Thor has i dont remember the name though) and i dont think much have changed in P4. Big misstake since the evede skills suck ass and only work like once every 10 physical attacks and whit physical isnt used by the enemys that much in later levels where Vinny and Jeff are.Im dissepointed. Buuu. "
In P4,there are 2 new physical attacks which give very huge damage compare to any physical and magical skills.They are named "Hassou Tobi" and "Pralaya" but however exclusive to certain persona only.Another second class physical attacks are three severe physicals:Primal Force,God's Hand and Brave Blade.Deathbound is good,but it does not give much damage compare to those 5 skills.