526 Comments
Posted by LiquidPrince

@jedted said:

I just got here in P4G and i got the ending where you leave Namatame to the police and then it fast forwards to the end. The goodbye scene was really sad. :(

Gonna go back and explore the other dialog options.

You got one of the bad endings. I still can't believe Jeff and Vinny got every dialogue choice right for the good/true endings. One mistake and it would have been one of the many bad endings.

Edited by TwoLines
Posted by DrGreatJob

Second saddest part of a game ever, just behind the end of The Walking Dead series. Both parts made me weep, but then again, I'm a sucker for sad stories so I tear up pretty easily.

Posted by Jedted

I just got here in P4G and i got the ending where you leave Namatame to the police and then it fast forwards to the end.  The goodbye scene was really sad. :( 

Gonna go back and explore the other dialog options. 

Posted by hollitz

I just got to this part in the game for the first time and had to see how Jeff and Vinny fared here. I tossed that fucker into the TV.

Posted by Bandit

Kanji's delivery on his lines combined with jeff and vinny's reaction to his lines probably make him the best character in the game. From a non-gameplay perspective that is.

Posted by Turambar

Its been years and I still can't play through this part without tearing up.

Posted by Dberg

I may or may not have teared up a little bit. This game... this damned game...

Edited by Undeadpool

"We should get some oranges to go with it."

"Oh, yeah, you gotta-WHAT?!" I love the moments of cultural disconnect. And sadly I live in an apartment where you can't use a space heater and the microwave at the same time without tripping the breaker, so this episode has become MUCH more relevant to me over the last year and a half.

Edit: "I make a little fog of my own..."

It goes from laughter to tears PRETTY quick, but this is still an AMAZING line.

Posted by vorpalparasite

that was rough

Posted by ChrisTaran

Such a great episode. Drama in games at some of its best!

Posted by MiniPato

"Let's charge it to a biiiiitch!"

Jeff doing his Adachi impression before he had an Adachi impression.

Edited by Draxyle

Such a rough episode, it's a rare moment to see both Jeff and Vinny literally speechless.

Posted by strangeling

!

Go, go, go.

Edited by VichusSmith

I am playing this game basically parallel to each episode of ER. I applaud the guys for avoiding not 1 but 2 bad endings

1. Nanako dies and "Charlie Tunoku" goes home

2. Nanako lives and Charlie goes home

I guess there are probably more endings, but I have avoided the FAQs.

I felt like I was on the right path when you get to Youske's decision, but I wimped out and that lead to a bad ending.

Posted by AlexanderSheen
@TruthTellah said:
Oh man, this was a rough episode.  It's rare for a game to really hit you like that, but it somehow did it.  I mean... you really do care about these characters.  Seeing this was just heart-breaking.  I'm just glad you kept pushing through so the episode didn't end on a sad note. You did the right thing, and good/bad ending or not, you stood up for what's right.  I know this was a long time ago, but it was still impacting.   What an episode.
What a game! Probably my favorite of all time.
Edited by Gerhabio

NO

NO NO NO NO NO

NOT NANA-CHAN

Edit: Don't you fucking play with my heart like that

Posted by cocowawa

no way that was FAQ-less. if it was props, guys

Posted by Hizang

Man this was both a very sad episode and a very funny episode. 
"Nah were just F-ing with ya kids, the nurse was under the bed with the, teddie said it'd be funny"

Posted by TruthTellah

Oh man, this was a rough episode.  It's rare for a game to really hit you like that, but it somehow did it.  I mean... you really do care about these characters.  Seeing this was just heart-breaking.

I'm just glad you kept pushing through so the episode didn't end on a sad note. You did the right thing, and good/bad ending or not, you stood up for what's right.  I know this was a long time ago, but it was still impacting. 

What an episode.

Posted by OneManX

Yeah... if you're playing and you're worried about the good/bad/true ending, dont sweat it too much, you pretty much have to work to get the bad ending, the good/true ending is kinda obvious once you think a little bit about it.

You dont need a FAQ to get to it.
Posted by Max_Cherry

I cried too. The only other game that made me cry (tears of sadness) was Final Fantasy 7. 

Posted by big_jon

I actually cried...

Edited by Vigil80

Good ending, bad ending, whatever, the way the revenge discussion played out left a bad taste in my mouth. I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.  I mean, I would have done the same thing, but only because I saw the bad ending coming a mile away, not because "revenge is bad, mmkay?"  The "good ending" answers seem really wishy washy.

Anyways, much love for Vinny and Jeff. Watching this is a blast. Once I get to the end, I might just start over. :D

Posted by PerfidiousSinn

I don't like the dialog choices for that determine the good/bad ending. Too arbitrary and repetitive.

Posted by Triple10X

I remember having the same reaction as Jeff at first - there's no possible way they could kill off Nanako.  I was in absolute shock during the 'tease'.

Posted by Venatio

Man, playing through this for the first time was so sad, it made me teary-eyed, and games don't have that effect on me very often, just goes to show how awesome the game is

Also, 500th comment

Posted by Talon64

"You have no messages..."

I'm glad they focused on the party member's S Links but they haven't finished any of the other school mate ones.

Posted by doublezeroduck

"That's so Chie" 

Posted by drew327

Jeff's "fog of my own" comment for Dojima made me tear up lol

Posted by Asian2Go

Man, playing Persona 4 3 times and on my second run through of the Endurance Run I STILL get teary-eyed during this episode.

Posted by rjayb89

Sup... BITCHES.

Posted by SBYM

Intense episode.

Posted by Dtat

Dave: "Which one's your gilrfriend?" 
Vinny: "See all the girls on the screen?" 
Dave: "They're all your girlfriend? Everyone of them?!" 

awesome
Posted by CharAznable

Shit got real on this episode, wow. At least Nanako is apparently ok, I was worried.

Posted by CaptainTightPants

ALRIGHT not the bad ending, i skipped 10 episodes here just to check it out.

Posted by Romination

Dude...the fucking music killed the mood for this so badly. NANAKO'S DEAD

*music that has been associated with relief through the rest of the game*

Posted by LiquidPrince

Normal ending so far confirmed!

Edited by Xymox

Great episode. And I gotta say, those dialogue options made so much more sense when watching this, as opposed to when I was playing it myself ...  First time around, I got completely suckered into one of the bad endings.  Investigation team, GO! 

Posted by mattysen
@ashogo said:
" @Danielsan said:
" @deFacto said:

" WOWW. I hate that Nanako is still alive. All the passion the player should have for finding the real killer just kind of disappeared at that moment.   That's really bad story design IMO. This game turned to amazing when Nanako died, and then went back to "pretty good" when she woke up. I'll see what happens, but I was still dissapointed. "

Definitely agreed on that part. When I first went through the game I couldn't believe the balls that Atlus had to kill off Nanako. I too thought it was a bit of a cop out for her to recover but ooh well. "
I'm Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. It's such a forced story twist, and her revival made no sense either. Everything else about this episode was great though. Lots of good jokes despite the dark turn. "
Its called the good ending, you can get the bad ending if you want depressing shit
Posted by Baggykins

snow made me think of Ryan and Vinny playing Matrix Online

Posted by Venatio

Im just glad that Nanako survived, otherwise it would have really bummed me out

Posted by gamermatt8

What i don't get about the normal route is that when Nanako comes back the group never thinks about the fact that they were about to kill Namatame because of it when she wasn't dead in the end.
Posted by JeffGoldblum

This Summer...
Youske Hanamaru is...
BATMAN.

Posted by MagikGimp

I don't get the whole one save thing. If you have the slots free why not use them. Surely you guys are going to go back again to show the other endings once this first run is done?

Posted by Eirikr
@TobyD81: They are about 80% through the game at this point, give or take. And, uh, you've already seen Namatame's persona.
Posted by TobyD81

The Seekers of Truth campaign has begun! So we're halfway through the game, right? Awesome! I can't wait to see what Namatame's persona looks like.
Anyway, I get the oranges bit now from reading the comments. At my house we called them "satsumas" which I think is a company that distributes that type of fruit in the US around Christmas time. They'd always go down in the toe of the stockings.
Great episode today, guys.

Posted by Benjamimmy

When there was the death scene, Jeff and Vinny's silence just added more to the emotion. As soon as it went beeeeeeeeeeep, I was like...shit...no...speechless along with Jeff and Vinny

Posted by Demonstride

Woot! Not the bad ending!

Posted by Kazona

That was INTENSE!