246 Comments
Posted by Baal_Sagoth

Another great episode of the Persona 4 ER. As much as I like the "new" seriously fucked up Adachi, (and the related commentary - funny as hell!), I do have some problems with this very sudden twist of his personality. From what's been revealed so far I don't see a reason or satisfying motivation for the two worlds merging and far out stuff like that if it's "only" the result of Adachi's covering up of his sexual assaults...
The "manipulative, misogynist pig"-plot and the "world is coming to an end"-stuff don't seem to have a whole lot to do with each other, but stuff like that might be explained further in upcoming episodes. I really love the theme concernimng the dark side of each human being taking on some form of shadow-reality but I could've done without  the seemingly clichéd rest.  

Posted by Dante_the_Jedi

Oh god this is one of the best episode....bitches.

Posted by Hoshnasi

Adachi touches TVs inappropriately....

Posted by AdachiTohru
@FrozenPhoenix said:
"You've gotta love the fact that this whole thing started because Adachi couldn't get laid. "

Hey, that's not very nice. 

Sounds like you want to be thrown in next, bitch.
Posted by Meltbrain

Hahaha, that was a fantastic episode. The comments are just as fantastic, too. =D

Posted by Crushed
@Baal_Sagoth: @Baal_Sagoth said:
" Another great episode of the Persona 4 ER. As much as I like the "new" seriously fucked up Adachi, (and the related commentary - funny as hell!), I do have some problems with this very sudden twist of his personality. From what's been revealed so far I don't see a reason or satisfying motivation for the two worlds merging and far out stuff like that if it's "only" the result of Adachi's covering up of his sexual assaults... The "manipulative, misogynist pig"-plot and the "world is coming to an end"-stuff don't seem to have a whole lot to do with each other, but stuff like that might be explained further in upcoming episodes. I really love the theme concernimng the dark side of each human being taking on some form of shadow-reality but I could've done without  the seemingly clichéd rest.   "
True ending.
Posted by ArbitraryWater

Wow. Adachi is a creepy raper guy.

Posted by Aeterna
@atomic_dumpling said:
" My favorite episode of the final stretch so far. I love over-the-top bad guys. "
Just toinform you: That's not what I implied at all. 
I just put a dot where a comma should've been. I'm not even american you dickwad. 
I'm Dutch and English isn't even my mother tongue because of it. So stop it with your shit, thanks.
Posted by Earthborn

Wow. Just, wow. I love the Endurance Run!

Posted by ryanwho

A plan so convoluted it couldn't possibly fail! Muahaha, those bitches never saw it coming...

Posted by atomic_dumpling
@Aeterna said:
Just toinform you: That's not what I implied at all. I just put a dot where a comma should've been.
Maybe others can learn from this sad little episode of mutual misunderstanding. I am off taking a chill pill …
Posted by bigall94

Once AGAIN every time something gets explained, something makes no sense. I just wanna know where the TV world came from and how some random kids can go into the TV.

Posted by gbrading

Adachi is seriously creepy and evil suddenly. Fantastic Endurance Run episode: I loved Adachi's crazy bad guy exposition, and of course Jeff and Vinny's incredulous responses. Here's to still more!
Posted by Artemis_D
@AdachiTohru said:
" @FrozenPhoenix said:
"You've gotta love the fact that this whole thing started because Adachi couldn't get laid. "
Hey, that's not very nice.   Sounds like you want to be thrown in next, bitch. "
Win.
Posted by NekuCTR

Starting bets on how many episodes the endurance run will be.

I'm going with around 155.

Posted by Food

So... why do people end up hanging upside down on antennas?

Posted by Baal_Sagoth
@Crushed said:
" @Baal_Sagoth: @Baal_Sagoth said:
" Another great episode of the Persona 4 ER. As much as I like the "new" seriously fucked up Adachi, (and the related commentary - funny as hell!), I do have some problems with this very sudden twist of his personality. From what's been revealed so far I don't see a reason or satisfying motivation for the two worlds merging and far out stuff like that if it's "only" the result of Adachi's covering up of his sexual assaults... The "manipulative, misogynist pig"-plot and the "world is coming to an end"-stuff don't seem to have a whole lot to do with each other, but stuff like that might be explained further in upcoming episodes. I really love the theme concernimng the dark side of each human being taking on some form of shadow-reality but I could've done without  the seemingly clichéd rest.   "
True ending. "
Hehe, sounds good to me :) 
I just really want to have some good closure in the end - I couldn't be more excited for what's going to happen!
Posted by Shadow

I so called all this shit

Edited by FrankCanada97
@bigall94 said:

" Once AGAIN every time something gets explained, something makes no sense. I just wanna know where the TV world came from and how some random kids can go into the TV. "

Wait for the True Ending my friend.
Also 12/22 is last day to clear dungeon.
Posted by sgjackson

Whenever Jeff says "Raper guy" I think about this.

Posted by Gamer_152

Excellent commentary on this episode and brilliant to see the plot twist play out.

Posted by Milkman
@Food said:
" So... why do people end up hanging upside down on antennas? "
Yeah....I'm asking this same question.

Until then.....BIIIITTTCHHESSS
Posted by ch3burashka

Just got my PAX badge... only 2 moar weeks!

Posted by DavidSnakes
@bigall94 said:
" Once AGAIN every time something gets explained, something makes no sense. I just wanna know where the TV world came from and how some random kids can go into the TV. "
Wizard did it
Posted by Zoombini

Nice, Adachis evil voice is delightfully OTT.

Posted by Mechabolic

Man, I'm digging Shadow Adachi (Awesome Adachi).  Also, for anyone asking about the TV world and where it came from wait for them to get to the True Ending.  You thought this had broken logic...

Edited by bybeach

Bitch! 
Son of a Bitch! 
Bitch! 
Son of a Bitch !

0o...I think iv`e learned a new word. 

"lotion in the basket"..Silence of the Lambs!
Posted by Vlaphor
@Baal_Sagoth: 

I don't think that Adachi suddenly changed personalities...I think that his dopey detective side was just what he showed to everyone to appear normal.  His real word Persona (which is mask in latin).  Plus, one thing that every effective serial killer needs to know how to do is to blend in with the rest of the civilized world, so as not to appear suspicious.
Posted by hai2u

for ppl whos waiting for the true ending for some good closure and explanation for it all, some of u will be very very disappointed, i know i was. Great game, crappy ending. 

Posted by toadstule
@CH3BURASHKA:  Whoo! Just got my PAX pass as well. It's coming up so soon.
Posted by Nadril

Man, the commentary was funny as shit. Nothing but bitches >_>

Posted by Dethfish

I don't know why Jeff and Vinny were so surprised by the way Adachi was acting. It happens in every movie or TV show where the bumbling, innocent guy turns out to be the bad guy. He gets all creepy and "badass". When I got to this part in the game I thought evil Adachi was pretty awesome. He's kind of psychotic isn't he?

Adachi is a good actor though.

Posted by Alphazero

Where were you when the first episode was posted on February 9th, 2009?

I don't even have a working PS2 right now, and I'm about to order Persona 4. Thanks to Atlus for not being man-bitches and getting all lawsuit-y about this consistently hilarious concept. I'm buying your game specifically because of Giant Bomb and the endurance run.

If some Giant Bomber has an Amazon link that would benefit the site as well, let me know. If this were PBS I'd totally be donating enough to get the tote bag.

Posted by Dethfish
@bigall94 said:
Most of the big questions like those get answered if you get the true ending.
Posted by Hemlock

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

Edited by Nizzleworth

Someone make an "anti-bitch patrol" t-shirt

Posted by Ghostiet
@hai2u said:
" for ppl whos waiting for the true ending for some good closure and explanation for it all, some of u will be very very disappointed, i know i was. Great game, crappy ending.  "

Naw, I wouldn't call it crappy. It makes sense, it's perfectly logical, but kinda disappointing comparing to the whole rest of the plot.
Posted by Daroki

Adachi, I'm just sayin' you might have to change your middle name from Jebediah to Bitches. Is all I'm tryin' to say. No disrespect.     

Edited by Zeik
@hai2u said:

" for ppl whos waiting for the true ending for some good closure and explanation for it all, some of u will be very very disappointed, i know i was. Great game, crappy ending.  "

The quality of the ending is really a matter of personal opinion, however it does answer a number of things that aren't answered in the other endings, so it's still the most satisfying ending you can get, even with the iffy parts.

Plus hearing Jeff and Vinny's "WTF?" reactions to some parts of the True Ending will make it all worth it. :P
Posted by mattysen

Was expecting the Adachi turning bad to be abit more effective...I laughed my ass of because he just seem'd exactly like "The Creepy Raper Guy". It was ridiculasly funny though

Posted by MrQuotes

What everyone else said

FINISH ON THE 22ND

Posted by eduardo

This whole Adachi turn around is pretty dumb so far in my opinion, compared to the rest of the story.

Posted by Brackynews

'''Every.. day's.. great.. at.. your.. bit-CHES...'''

Posted by Yelix

That smiling dialogue portrait of Adachi makes him look like he's stoned out of his mind.

Posted by ashogo

God, evil Adachi is so fucking lame. Thankfully, it was a great episode as a result.

Posted by Bevinsky
Posted by Curufinwe
@hai2u said:
You really couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
Posted by KillaMaStA

Creepy raper guy...BBBIIIITCHHESS

Posted by SinGulaR

I bet this game wouldn't be half as fun if i'd play it myself without the comments of Jeff and Vinny.

Posted by The8Man

I wonder how many people on the development team were female.  I mean, the "ultimate villain" of the game turns out to be misogyny incarnate and you have strong female leads like Chie and Naoto (yeah, yeah, I know an argument could be made that Naoto doesn't fit that category because of how she denies her feminine side, but I still see her as a kick ass girl character) so it makes me think there were some ladies with some pull on the staff.  I guess we'll find out when the credits roll.