134 Comments
  • 134 results
Posted by MoTheHawk
@Poki3 said:
" Congrats on making Nebiros. Now you'll never use her because she doesn't have any offensive spells or attacks."
Mamudoon + Mudo Boost?
Posted by King9999

Gah, they should've fused Loki.
Posted by North6

I seem to recall my Siegfried being significantly more rad, I think I used him through the end of the game.   Oh well, different playstyles.  I know in P3 he is pretty much god-like.

Also did they fuse away their tam lin without passing on auto-raka and/or elec amp?  I missed what they fused him for.

Posted by atomic_dumpling
@MoTheHawk said:
" @Poki3 said:
" Congrats on making Nebiros. Now you'll never use her because she doesn't have any offensive spells or attacks."
Mamudoon + Mudo Boost? "
Yeah, I kinda want to see that combo in action.
Posted by FluxWaveZ
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @MoTheHawk said:
" @Poki3 said:
Mamudoon + Mudo Boost? "
Yeah, I kinda want to see that combo in action. "

It's not that great, especially since the new enemies that they''e going to face often have an immunity to light or dark spells.
Posted by amino
@Poki3 said:
" Congrats on making Nebiros. Now you'll never use her because she doesn't have any offensive spells or attacks. Excellent.Fusing Clotho now... you could have waited till you had 10 with Naoto, really.  Also: CHECK NANAKO'S PILLOW! The one she was always sitting on! "

Nebiros Mamudoon +Mudo Boost combo is very significantly useful in Adachi Dungeon because there is a lot of enemies weak against darkness.
Edited by legendary1

Alice with "Die for me!" (pretty much 100% chance to kill enemies without resistance to dark, and high chance even if they do resist) is right around the corner though, and they already have daisojou who will learn Samsara if they ever level him up, which is the light equivalent.

In any case, if they use naoto with the SP reduction accessory they have all the light and dark spam they need. So I'm betting those skills will go mostly unused.

Posted by FluxWaveZ

@legendary1 said:

" Alice with "Die for me!" (pretty much 100% chance to kill enemies without resistance to dark, and high chance even if they do resist) is right around the corner though, and they already have daisojou who will learn Samsara if they ever level him up, which is the light equivalent.  In any case, if they use naoto with the SP reduction accessory they have all the light and dark spam they need. So I'm betting those skills will go mostly unused. "

They'll never fuse Alice and they'll never use Naoto in battle again.

Posted by CitizenKane

Yeah, a longer episode! 

Posted by amino
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @Zalasta said:

This has been practically a series of lessons on "how not to play" Persona 4 properly.

I suggest you record your 100% proper speedrun of this game and get in touch with the people at www.speeddemosarchive.com Seriously, who defines "proper gameplay"? The dudes who write walkthroughs that everyone else just apes? It's certainly not Atlus, otherwise they would have called the game "connect the dots 4". "

Thanks,dude!I am actually trying to find such website,where playing in perfection does matter.Now,I am quite happy now :D
Posted by MeatSim

This endurance run just got even better because there was a  Airplane reference, but it's sad that there will be no more Funky Student riddles from now on. 

Edited by Crushed

Aw, they should have kept Shiki-Ouji in, so they could pull out Ganesha and Seiryu and triple-fuse them. YOU know why.

Posted by oddmanout22287

Woohoo, long episode! 
@Zalasta said:

" I'm torn.  I enjoy the endurance run for the entertainment value and commentaries, but it's obvious neither participants know or care about RPG enough to really delve into the different systems in the game.  This has been practically a series of lessons on "how not to play" Persona 4 properly.  So I'm not sure if I want to see another endurance run after this, maybe if it's on a game that I don't give a crap about so I won't care how they botch it up. "

Isn't the whole point of the endurance run to be entertainment?  It's not supposed to be a video walk-through or a how-to.  In fact, some of the best moments of the ER have come from when they've "botched it up" (one word: BUFU).
Posted by Scooper

Vinny was all hype today I was all BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by Poki3
@MoTheHawk: @FluxWaveZ: @amino: 
You know very well that they won't use this on normal mobs. Because "It always fails" or "Man, that costs a lot". It'll take forever for them to learn Spell Master, and more so if they only rely of Growth to do it.
I'm all for using Light and Dark spells on mobs but the way I did it was fuse a Persona with Mahama and Mamudo. That's it. If an enemy is week you don't need the boosts or higher level spells. Multi-target because usually there's more then 1 mobs to kill with it.
Posted by _Horde
@Zalasta: Wow. You get too worked up over small things.
Posted by Agent_Lost

Funky in the house!!!

Posted by Brendan

At first I thought it was too bad they didn't use Black Frost for that Loki, they would have filled out the missing slot of ice caster in their A team.  Then I thought...i don't really care haha. 
Posted by toadstule
@CaptainObvious: That video and its many other alterations are some of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Posted by Zabant

Why the hell did you not get the sword vinny ...it was CLEARLY BETTER...

do you even pay any attention to the stats or do you just look at the names?

Posted by toadstule
@Zalasta said:
"This has been practically a series of lessons on "how not to play" Persona 4 properly.  So I'm not sure if I want to see another endurance run after this, maybe if it's on a game that I don't give a crap about so I won't care how they botch it up. "
The fun of the ER is watching them play a game brand new to them and seeing their experiences with it. ANd like many others have said, is there a "wrong way" to play the game? Because if so, then that "way" is actually serving them pretty well. Everyone plays the Persona series in their own style, that is, unless you followed a FAQ or guide.
Posted by MrGtD

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB WHY DON'T YOU KNOW EVERY INTRICACY OF THE GAME LIKE I DO AND PLAY IT RIGHT YOU GUYS SUCK

Posted by Valkyr

Fuse Loki and pull out Tam Lin till he gets enduring soul

Posted by Baggykins
@MrGtD said:
" OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO DUMB WHY DON'T YOU KNOW EVERY INTRICACY OF THE GAME LIKE I DO AND PLAY IT RIGHT YOU GUYS SUCK "
Yeah it's incredible how people go nuts over this, don't tell them how to play the game
Posted by Turambar

*Sees Revolution fused over Matarunda

Posted by Dir_en_grey

Constructive advice.  The lower your persona's level is, the harder the enemy will hit.  If you keep using Rangda and Black Frost, you will start having a hard time. The endurance stat is basically the defense of a persona. 

Posted by Manhattan_Project

Is it working for everyone else? Mine just stays black.

Posted by Landon

They fused for 30 mintues!

Posted by Zokari

It really bugs me how they keep acting like physical skills and buffing/debuffing spells are useless while they obsessively fuse Invigorate 2 onto every single persona they make.

Posted by mrsmiley

oh man, i love funky student.

YAY YAAAYEEE!!!!

Posted by hakunin

It's painful watching them repeatedly try to get Samarecarm on Cybele, when you know she learns it naturally.

Posted by CitizenKane

Dungeon episode tomorrow!  Hopefully it will be a long one. 

@Zabant said:
" Why the hell did you not get the sword vinny ...it was CLEARLY BETTER...  do you even pay any attention to the stats or do you just look at the names? "
Yeah, that was a pretty weird call he made there, especially seeing how it cost them 40 grand.
Posted by Aaox
@CitizenKane said:
" Dungeon episode tomorrow!  Hopefully it will be a long one.  "
LOOK SEE NOW WE HAVE TWO JUGGLING EMOTES INSTEAD OF ONE THIS IS GREAT
Posted by Afroman269

Thats a load of fusing

Posted by Milkman

I hope you jackasses know that they don't read the comments anymore especially this week since all the episodes are recorded since Jeff is out of the office. So all your crying and complaining is falling on deaf ears because not only do Jeff and Vinny not care (the very reason they stopped reading the comments) but neither does anyone else here. So, you can continue to bitch and moan and scream about "OMG! LRN2PLAY! I R PERSONA MASTA! YOU SUCK!" but no one gives a shit. If the way they play the game really bothers you THAT much, I suggest you get out a little more.

Posted by Beomoose

Daddy, why won't they fuse their level 50s?

Posted by Metal_Mills
@Landon said:
" They fused for 30 mintues! "
I like when they fuse.
Posted by darkjester74

I'M A WOMAN!!!!

I shouldnt play these at work...  =p

@Landon said:

If P4 offered a simple "pick stuff to inherit" option, they would have been done in about five. If I played the game, that would be my pet peeve.
Posted by Joey2683

Man, I was hoping they would've fused Loki, I wanted to see what was going on with him.
Posted by VisariLoyalist

That was a boring episode

Posted by Hyuzen

duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, i started whistling that persona song at like the exact same time as vinny.
thats some crazy shit

Posted by Tuggah
@Beomoose said:
" Daddy, why won't they fuse their level 50s? "
Because you are adopted and we all hate you.
Posted by Turambar
@Milkman said:
" I hope you jackasses know that they don't read the comments anymore especially this week since all the episodes are recorded since Jeff is out of the office. So all your crying and complaining is falling on deaf ears because not only do Jeff and Vinny not care (the very reason they stopped reading the comments) but neither does anyone else here. So, you can continue to bitch and moan and scream about "OMG! LRN2PLAY! I R PERSONA MASTA! YOU SUCK!" but no one gives a shit. If the way they play the game really bothers you THAT much, I suggest you get out a little more. "
Odd, that I have also noticed you yourself to be one that has begun to regularly make posts such as these.  If you don't mind my suggestion, perhaps no one "gives a shit" about about your grievances either, and perhaps the best course of action is to let the whiners continue whining ineffectually, and for you to also "get out a little more"?
Posted by Turambar
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @Landon said:

If P4 offered a simple "pick stuff to inherit" option, they would have been done in about five. If I played the game, that would be my pet peeve. "
Yeah, noise control is one of the dumbest aspects of fusing. 
Edited by funcmode
@atomic_dumpling said:

" @Landon said:

If P4 offered a simple "pick stuff to inherit" option, they would have been done in about five. If I played the game, that would be my pet peeve. "
The ER made me buy P4, and when it comes to RPG's I'm a total completionist (not something I'm really proud of) so naturally I wanted to not only complete the Compendium but make some beastly personas. At first I struggled greatly, and one of my first complaints was exactly the same as yours.

My mind set was that I was prepared to (and often did) spend many hours trying to fuse a persona with specific inherited skills, and it often got me kinda stressed out. Why couldn't they - if not let you just choose which skills you wanted to inherit, or perhaps one or 2 that would always carry over and the rest be random - at the very least just give you a damn re-roll button D: 

It is definitely a significant shortcoming in the design of this game, at face value at least. However, since they didn't make it so simple, it provoked me to learn more about the fusion system, and what can I say, it's probably one of the deepest systems I've encountered in any game ever. It really is quite incredible just how much you can do with it. 

Learning about personas preferences when it comes to skill inheritance as well as how skills are grouped together in the first place is absolutely key to getting the most out of the fusion system. The downside is that kind of stuff is strictly FAQ material, unless you're willing to devote huge amounts of time figuring it all out for yourself with trial and error. 

Once you know all this though, despite being unable to precisely choose what skills you want when you fuse, it's actually often quite simple to set up fuses so that only the skills you want as well as maybe a couple others (with similar odds of being chosen) can carry over, resulting in minimal time actually spent doing what Vinny ends up doing in this episode, going back and forth until you get the skills you want. 

Regardless, setting up the fuses could potentially take up more time than just hoping for luck to give you what you want by chance - but for me, the satisfaction of just seeing the skills I wanted popping up after just a few attempts far outweighed the stress of often sitting there for hours and getting screwed by randomness. As demonstrated in this video it can get to you pretty quickly, especially if you don't really understand the system. 

Don't get me wrong, it's obvious what I just said is beyong V&J, probably not only in terms of available time but I also doubt it appeals to them or many of the viewers of the ER, so I'm not saying it's something they should do. Simply, if you're prepared, you can overcome the "shortcomings" of the fusion system with some time and effort. You'll also end up with some totally OP personas... :D

damn that was longer than I thought... sorry.
Posted by gkozma

on that one dude that was the top of the fool arcana i thought i saw some pretty damn strong shit. wonder why they didnt fuse it? i feel that if they had charlie with that icicle vow thing plus ice amp plus ice boost plus mind charge then bufudyne..it would do "hell of" damage. anyone agree lol, or am i wrong?

Posted by funcmode
@gkozma said:
" on that one dude that was the top of the fool arcana i thought i saw some pretty damn strong shit. wonder why they didnt fuse it? i feel that if they had charlie with that icicle vow thing plus ice amp plus ice boost plus mind charge then bufudyne..it would do "hell of" damage. anyone agree lol, or am i wrong? "
 Actually you're pretty much spot on. The only thing is, you can only make use of 2 "element boosts". What I mean is, ice boost and ice amp stack, ice amp/boost and the icicle vow will also stack, but not all 3 together.

Loki (the persona you're talking about) also learns Niflheim, the most powerful ice attack in the game, and he's the only guy that gets it. But there's no way V&J could know that without fusing him.
Posted by Zeouterlimits

Well I enjoyed it, good show guys :)

• 134 results