133 Comments
  • 133 results
Posted by HatKing

Mara.  Not ok.
Posted by Wiseblood
@Darkstar614 said:
" Trumpeter is such a beast, Debilitate on bosses is so amazing. For one turn you can cripple the boss to laughable status. Especially since they're rolling with yosuke who can cast Masukukaja on the party, and watch the misses fly.  I no longer have any doubts about them failing on the upcoming boss :D "
They chose not to learn Masukukaja because they didn't want to get rid of Sonic Punch.  Seriously.
Posted by Chewii101

Looks like Reverse psychology does not work on the Persona Compendium. 

Posted by CitizenKane

Another long episode!  I still have to watch #141, though.  Damn school and work!

Posted by Scooper

They got some super strong Persona now I can wait until they get back in the dungeon

Posted by JarenFace

Just my little notes. 

-If you guys are feeling up for it, S.Link until the 20th/21st or so. You can take out this dungeon in a day if you're willing to pay off, and you'll max some S.Links in the process.  
-Debilitate + Heat Riser + Chie's God Hand = Game breaker, easy mode, etc. for bosses.
-Boost/Amps stack. It's something to keep in mind when Yosuke and a believe Yukkiko learn them for their elements (though you may run into items that add more than boosts later on). 

Other than that, what you guys are doing now is awesome. Can't wait to see where the ER goes :D

Posted by North6

Im loving the personas they got, but why was Alice glowing and whatnot?

Posted by core1065

Im so happy the ER is here im gonna have to do my persona 4 Ipod dance. 

Posted by MoTheHawk
@North6: Nebiros and Belial are the ONLY two personas you can fuse to make an Alice.  Purple glowiness = unique fusion.  Another one will become available once they max out Naoto's S.Link.
Posted by MeatSim

Nice, Trumpeter is the shit. Also once Chie gets her god hand and Yosuke and Yukiko get their wind and fire boost/amp stacks combined with your trumpeter, you will just destroy everything.

Posted by skippyscissors

I do love me some fusing.

Posted by HT101

Man, a great episode and I can't wait to see them rape everyone with Trumpeter.  This game just got even more awesome.

Edited by Eirikr
@RipTheVeins said:

" how the hell did Jeff not notice this?:

too busy on his iPhone I guess. "
With most of him obscured by the S-Link bonus notifications, it pretty much hid what he looked like. Oh well, at least he made a cameo in this ER!
Posted by Hoshnasi

Trumpeter is INSANE.  That thing looks mad buff

Posted by EvangelBlue
@core1065 said:

"
Im so happy the ER is here im gonna have to do my persona 4 Ipod dance. 

"
Awesome. So awesome. You should post that in the forums
Posted by Cheesus

Please listen to this, Vinny and Jeff:

Get the Demon Boots! Chie needs to stop missing all the time.

Also, it might be best if you gave her the ring Yukiko is wearing right now and give Yukiko the dodge ice thing again.The bad thing about her having a weakness isn't just her taking damage, it's much worse that the enemies get another turn in which they might just kill Charlie.

Posted by ch3burashka

You guys need to get rid of Black Frost. You have level 70's! He's at 52! He's a lead weight around your scrawny necks!

Posted by RWill

Hey guys, great series. I've been running the videos almost on a marathon since I discovered them a few weeks ago, and I've just now caught up. Keep up the good work!

Also, the weird-looking fusion that you discovered (to make Alice) was a unique fusion. There are a few personas that can only be created by fusing specific personas together. As you've discovered, Nebiros and Belial make Alice. There are only four of these unique fusions in the game, and the other three will let you make Shiva, Norn, and Ardhanarishvara (my personal favorite). So keep fusing and keep an eye out!

Posted by Zeouterlimits

Didn't they make a Mara before?

Posted by bigall94

I'm so happy you guys have the badass Persona Trumpeter. Also, I was reading the comments and noticed someone mention Victory cry (EPIC!!!!!!!!!!). When I googled it, I found this really interesting page: 
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.Persona4 It lists all the cliches and idioms in Persona 4! There are hella spoilers but they are whited out if you don't want to see them. Very interesting...
Posted by Yagami

Got a question, why was Alice~ flashing purple?

Are there more Personae that does? What does it mean? And finally, if there are more of them, what happens if you fuse two of them?

I loved the Penis Persona. :P

Edited by PurplieNurplie

El Caliente in English is literally "the hot." Take that as you will...

Edited by Dan_CiTi

NOOOOOOO MARA!!! Make sure to make Alice too!

Posted by Turambar
@Cheesus: Nah.  She's learned rainy death, and getting God Hand soon.  There's no reason to use normal physical attacks anymore.
Posted by Chaossebba

Oh wow, i havent even seen a purple glowing one in my persona 4 adventures

Posted by toadstule
@Wiseblood said:
" @Darkstar614 said:
" Trumpeter is such a beast, Debilitate on bosses is so amazing. For one turn you can cripple the boss to laughable status. Especially since they're rolling with yosuke who can cast Masukukaja on the party, and watch the misses fly.  I no longer have any doubts about them failing on the upcoming boss :D "
They chose not to learn Masukukaja because they didn't want to get rid of Sonic Punch.  Seriously. "
Gotta love the ER. It's full of surprises!

Also, can't wait to see the Trumpeter in action. That thing is a beast. I don't remember if it was that powerful in Persona 3.
Edited by Turambar
@Yagami said:

" Got a question, why was Alice~ flashing purple?  Are there more Personae that does? What does it mean? And finally, if there are more of them, what happens if you fuse two of them?  I loved the Penis Persona. :P "

The Flashing Purple signifies a persona that can only be fused through one specific combination of double or triple fuses.  I think the other ones there are Norn, Naoto's lv10 S.Link, which is made through a triple fuse of the three fates, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, and Ardha, a Shiva and Parvati fuse. 

I'm honestly quite surprised they stumbled onto Alice.  It's a pity they're probably never going to fuse her since her spells are all heavily dark based, but DieForMe! is fairly awesome.
Edited by Lilarcor

Alice was glowing because she's a special fusion. She can only be made by fusing Belial and Nebiros. It's a Shin Megami Tensei 2 reference, if I recall correctly. 

Debilitate is an incredibly useful spell against bosses, so make sure you hold onto it. Also, Wind Amp and Fire Amp stack with the Boost spells, so I personally suggest replacing Yosuke's and Yukiko's Break spells to make sure their attack magic does the maximum damage.

Edited by Darkstar614
@toadstule: I'm still playing P3 atm, and from what I can tell Trumpeter in P3 isn't nearly as good. It's a triple fusion, with Hamoan, Mudoon, Garudyne, And I don't think it learns anything worthwhile.

Kind of weird that they changed a lot of personas in P4, but it's definitely for the better.

and WOW I just remembered that they got rid of Masukukaja, geez.. haha! the ridiculousness of some of their choices is like "what?!" but I mean you cannot blame them for not knowing about the numerous things that aren't fully explained to you in this game.
Posted by Zokari

I really hope they don't end up replacing Debilitate, especially since Vinny didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about it. That move is the single most powerful boss killer in the game. It makes the last couple bosses completely trivial, especially if you pair it with some stat buffs on the party.

Edited by Zeik

It's awesome that you guys managed to fuse Trumpeter, but for the love of god DO NOT IGNORE DEBILITATE! It's easily the most useful skill in the entire game for boss fights. I don't think I'll be able to look at you guys for awhile if I see you go into a boss fight and not use or get rid of it.

Posted by gakon

Gotta love the "I'm looking this up NOW" tap-tap of the iPhone keyboard.

Posted by Ventilator
@Darkstar614 said:
" @toadstule: I'm still playing P3 atm, and from what I can tell Trumpeter in P3 isn't nearly as good. It's a triple fusion, with Hamoan, Mudoon, Garudyne, And I don't think it learns anything worthwhile.

"
Trumpeter was one of the 2 personas I switched between to kill the final boss of Persona 3.
Edited by legendary1

Good that you fused Trumpeter. His Debilitate is your *trump* card in boss fights. I made a funny! 
Cool breeze is pretty awesome for regaining SP, though honestly you have so much cash now it doesn't matter much

Pity you didn't get Alice. Her "Die for Me!" skill does just what it says. Pretty much everything that isn't immune to dark dies, even those resistant to it die most of the time. Not having it is part of what will make Naoto very useful. 
We want more Naoto!

Remember you don't need to beat this dungeon now, wait until the 22nd to beat it. Do Slinks and stuff in the meantime. Check fusion forecasts in the days ahead. Specifically on the 15th you can get an awesome skill added on to Alice (if you find how to fuse her again), and on the 19th and 21st you can get some great skills for  Yoshitsune and Ishtar, pretty much giving you the strongest persona in the game.

Posted by TerribleDamage

1)Elemental stacking rule: Only TWO boosts from anywhere. 

So, you can have AMP+ITEM or BOOST+AMP or BOOST+ITEM. 

2)BlackFrost4ever!
Edited by legendary1
@TerribleDamage said:

" 1)Elemental stacking rule: Only TWO boosts from anywhere.  So, you can have AMP+ITEM or BOOST+AMP or BOOST+ITEM.  2)BlackFrost4ever! "

Important to add: If you have all 3, it ALWAYS prefers amp (50%) + boost (25%), even if the item is +50%, it won't be used over the Boost's +25%. So Yosuke wants wind amp but not wind boost on him if you plan to use the +damage accessory, same for Yukiko (you will probably get something for her soon, I had tons of +fire stuff by that time). Chie is never going to be an elemental attacker, don't try to use her for that because her ice skills never improve.
Posted by Mezmero

Great fusion episode today.  It kept me laughing all the way through.  It seems like the Death Arcana has been a thorn in your side from the beginning but I'm glad you guys made it over that hump.  I'm actually suprised you guys didnt do the triple fusion with Black Frost that made Loki, the max rank of Fool.  He would've given you the mad ice skills that the so-called "A-team"  is severely lacking.  Finally I'll point out that I never ran into any purp fusions like Alice in my playthrough though I shouldn't suprised seeing as the game does not even make it clear that such fusions are even possible.  Overall great work and I cant wait to see how the Endurance Run ends.
Posted by Revenant86

woot Debilitate ftw!

Posted by BananaHammock

I loved the casual first encounter with Mara.
"well that's a funny lookin' persona."

Edited by Nomin

The Endurance Run: Iphone approved

Posted by watertails

In this episode of the Endurance Run, Vinny and Jeff learn about the letter "F."

Also, I was giggling when they found Mara, and didn't make a penis joke.

Also, guys, fuse Alice when you get a chance. At the end of Persona 3, she was one of the only personae I used.

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@watertails said:
" In this episode of the Endurance Run, Vinny and Jeff learn about the letter "F."  Also, I was giggling when they found Mara, and didn't make a penis joke.  Also, guys, fuse Alice when you get a chance. At the end of Persona 3, she was one of the only personae I used. "
She's different in Persona 4, though.  All Personas are.  But I think she still learns the spell "Die for me!" so she's still valuable.
Edited by legendary1
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @watertails said:

" In this episode of the Endurance Run, Vinny and Jeff learn about the letter "F."  Also, I was giggling when they found Mara, and didn't make a penis joke.  Also, guys, fuse Alice when you get a chance. At the end of Persona 3, she was one of the only personae I used. "
She's different in Persona 4, though.  All Personas are.  But I think she still learns the spell "Die for me!" so she's still valuable. "
She's only more powerful. Alice: Now with mind charge and the ability to survive light spells. Also, fuse her under the upcoming forecast and she gets a skill that gives her double evasion rate against everything.
Edited by DiGiTaL_SiN
Posted by FluxWaveZ
@legendary1 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @watertails said:

She's different in Persona 4, though.  All Personas are.  But I think she still learns the spell "Die for me!" so she's still valuable. "
She's only more powerful. Alice: Now with mind charge and the ability to survive light spells. Also, fuse her under the upcoming forecast and she gets a skill that gives her double evasion rate against everything. "
Oh, cool.  I do wish the game could show you how to obtain various fusions better, though.  I never liked spending too much time in the Velvet Room so I just did some random two fusion to have a Persona of my level and got out.  Never got to get some awesome ass Personas like Trumpeter and Alice (even in Persona 3; I did the same thing).  Oh well, I guess that is what second playthroughs are for!
Posted by Turambar
@Lilarcor said:
" Alice was glowing because she's a special fusion. She can only be made by fusing Belial and Nebiros. It's a Shin Megami Tensei 2 reference, if I recall correctly.   Debilitate is an incredibly useful spell against bosses, so make sure you hold onto it. Also, Wind Amp and Fire Amp stack with the Boost spells, so I personally suggest replacing Yosuke's and Yukiko's Break spells to make sure their attack magic does the maximum damage. "
If you want to maximize damage, then you'd want to replace boost with amp actually.  There are three ways to increase elemental damage: boost, amp, and the accessories (wind vow, etc).  Only two of them will be active at any given time, and amp and boost take priority over the accessory.  Thus, to maximize damage, you want amp, and the vow accessory giving a total of +100% damage as opposed to +75% with amp and boost.
Posted by MoTheHawk

Something else to note:

Between Invigorate 2, Cool Breeze, and the Chakra Ring, their Trumpeter can just be casting Megidolaon all day long with near total impunity.  So they can still use their "soften everyone up with Arrow Rain" strategy, just using Megidolaon instead of Arrow Rain.  It's almost TOO good.

Edited by Lilarcor
@Turambar: That's true, but if you keep both Boost and Amp you can use your Accessory slot for something else good. I found the Break skills very situational and having the Boost skills instead of them was generally more useful.
Posted by kjgabel

I actually play trumpet professionally. So this was a special episode for me. 

Posted by Zabant

Mara was....right.....there.....are....they.........WHAT?!

• 133 results