259 Comments
Posted by MysteriousBob
@thefreed: Nostalgia does not a good game make. This game sucked then and it sucks even more now. Just because something is innovative and ambitious, doesn't magically make it a worthwhile, entertaining product.
Posted by drew327

I love Brad's outrage at 11:30 at the controls, Lol

Posted by Soap

I know all talk of a third endurance run has kind of died off, but I think this would be a great candidate, it's old so it won't effect sales in a negative way, it's kind of weird and can provide a lot of humour and it's long enough to be an endurance. 

...Just saying.

Posted by teekomeeko

I always thought that maybe I'd have liked Shenmue when it came out, but man... there's just no way. Admittedly I was more tolerant of melodrama in games back then (when this came out I only just started playing regularly as a hobby), but this would have simply been too much for me.

Posted by Guyzea
I'll get revenge for my father!!
Posted by falling_fast

oh god, this dub is TERRIBLE xd

Posted by Laini

Gosh, this takes me back. I don't know if I could play it today but at the time this was incredible. I had to look inside every single drawer and talk to every single person. It really sucked me in. Not many games really achieve that these days.

Posted by edsone

oh, seeing this again reminds me I still want the endurance run lol

I've actually replayed the game (along with the second) last year and had a lot of fun.

My opinio is pretty much like Vinny's on this one. It's got it's flaw but there's something compelling to it.

I don't know, sometimes the "flaws" themselves. The thing about taking you time to do and explore everything. In the begining you get frustrated by the pace but it grows on you. Soon enough it makes the game a experience you truly care about. All the mundane things as Vinny said makes it what it was. Of course some of it was there just as a showcase of what could be done with that graphics engine that I still find impressive considering its age.

Flawed? definitely but still something that will stay with you long after you beat the game. I'm glad I played this game. Games like this don't come very often.

Posted by Eclectic

Can we get Brad, Jeff and Vinny to do a Ryan Davis memorial Shenmue Endurance Run?

What? Too soon?