205 Comments
Posted by Turambar
@DavidSnakes: I am, thanks :)
Posted by BulletStorm

EQUIP FLUFFY MUFFLER!

Posted by Jayzilla

idk how to understand these types of games.

Posted by Renegade

Alilat always reminded me of the artifact from Dead Space.

Posted by manathirst

OMG, it's the game that never ends.

Posted by JLP

The End is Near! 

Posted by Floppypants

I got a kick out of them talking about how they needed a higher level lightning caster, then immediately get a Thor.

Posted by Earthborn

You know, this game reminds me of an old saying: "O, what a tangled web we weave! When first we practice to deceive!"

I feel the game's plot has somehow pulled a one-over on us and is now trying to cover its bases, tie up every possible loose end, or die trying.

Posted by Turambar
@Floppypants: Sadly, for the sole persona with Thunder Reign, it has a horrible mag stat.
Posted by Sarumarine

No TV for Tree Homies this round. That was the best part. But man . . . another dungeon, another boss. The question of the day is, does it end?

Posted by FrozenPhoenix
@DavidSnakes said:
"Hope everyone bitching for the  True Ending is enjoying this drawn out mess. "

Drawn out? There were hints about Izanami's existence all through out the game. 

And if it were not for the True Ending, then there would have to be an FES to answer all of the unanswered questions like they did with P3, which Atlus decided early on they were not going to do.
Posted by Crushed
@DavidSnakes said:
" Hope everyone bitching for the  True Ending is enjoying this drawn out mess. "
We are, actually, since it's not a drawn out mess at all. Wondering why you're still around, considering you've done nothing but bitch more than Adachi for like 30 episodes now.
Posted by bybeach

So far, this feels tacked on. But I guess we had to know..or mabe we don`t really know? I hope so!  

Something good from the comments, right on.
Posted by allhailthetv

@Crushed: Yay! I've been wanting to bitch out DavidSnakes for a while now. You and FrozenPhoenix deserve praise!

Posted by allhailthetv
@Wiseblood: Eh, Naoto's good in that her voice was more ambiguous. It probably would have been too obvious though, because between her Nanako and Izanami voices, she only has one distinct voice left- Aigis. Not in my Naoto you don't.
Posted by Civraz
@MattQ: Some things you just can't un-see...
Posted by CitizenKane

I like when Yukkiko slapped Chie, Yosuke yelled "Nice, Yukkiko!" while Vinny said "Yeaaahh".

Classic bro moment.

Posted by HT101

Great episode today after waiting forever for it.  Nice to see them working toward the true ending.  It does suck that Jeff was spoiled though.

Posted by mythrol

In hind sight, I'd have been happy without the "true ending". lol This game just keeps going.

Posted by PsychedelicET

Great episode!!

Posted by MrBubbles
@NeoNaoNeo: i played the journey on easy mode and it still took me more than 50 hours
Posted by Wright

dang, you guys need 1 more level till SATAN!

Edited by DavidSnakes
@Crushed said:

" @DavidSnakes said:

" Hope everyone bitching for the  True Ending is enjoying this drawn out mess. "

We are, actually, since it's not a drawn out mess at all. Wondering why you're still around, considering you've done nothing but bitch more than Adachi for like 30 episodes now. "
Because I'm hoping Jeff/Vinny call it out on this needlessly extended bullshit, but the legions of mindless fans won't entertain any legitimate criticism of their favorite game.  I desperately wanted this game and games in general to produce amazing stories and experiences but when devs fuck up I think it should be pointed out as an example.
Edited by Metroid545

hey you finally got thor! I ended up beating ameno with just him because i missed trumpeter

also anyone else recognize this dungeon? It looks like the one from charlies dream in the beginning

Posted by Turambar
@DavidSnakes:  Ah, so you're one of those that just can't stand people who enjoy things you don't.  Don't worry little buddy.  Feel free to complain in the comments all you want.  We don't mind a little amusement.
Posted by Beomoose
@Floppypants said:
" I got a kick out of them talking about how they needed a higher level lightning caster, then immediately get a Thor. "
Timing is indeed everything.
Posted by ashbash

IT WILL NEVER END!

Posted by Death_Burnout

man i wish we could see some of those rank 10 persona's...

Posted by ch3burashka

Chie: Wait, don't tell me...!
MC: You told your gathered friends what happened between you and the gas station attendant...
Chie: You fucking asshole!

Posted by Darkstar614
@DavidSnakes: Somehow I think I'm feeding a troll but whatever...

I don't understand what is "drawn out" about this.. Its a big part of the game. The whole message of the story is to find the truth and not accept the simple answer or easy-way-out method of thinking. It is in NO way just some extension of the story like some sort of DLC or something, the entire game was based around this "ending".

Looking for people to agree with your disgust for the length of this game in an ENDURANCE RUN is ludicrous. Long games are long, and generally it's for a good reason.
Edited by Metiphis

The dungeons in this game are like if Twin Peaks was an RPG.  In fact I bet the designers would admit it was an influence.

The Black lodge in Twin Peaks was a place where ancient beings and the shadows of humans dwelled
Posted by DJJoeJoe

Exactly, all the previous 'endings' before seemed too glossed over and rushed, if you were wishing that was the end of the game then you're wishing for a bad ending. Conclusion to the story is what the true ending is about, did you really think a world that involves something like the midnight channel and tv world would end was created and ended with a 3min scene with adachi? 

It's nice when games reward you for not just taking whatever they give you at face value.

Posted by Chaossebba

I'd sorta hope they went back to Adachi's dungeon (the lowest parts) for some Exp, mad exp in there dawg.

Posted by Tarsier

I am still dumfounded at the fact that you unlock "Judge: Satan" and "Truthseeker: Lucifer" 

Pretty deranged if you ask me, it seems like the people who make this game are a bunch of Satanists.. O__O

Posted by Dante_the_Jedi

This looks like a cool dungeon, good luck with it.

Posted by simian

HA Jeff quoting KITH. Awesome 4 Life.

Posted by atomic_dumpling

So, the attendant was just another arbitrary god? Bummer. I expected either Charlie's mother or father turned evil or something.

Posted by Besetment
@atomic_dumpling said:
" So, the attendant was just another arbitrary god? Bummer. I expected either Charlie's mother or father turned evil or something. "
Yeah, so far there's actually nothing new. It's the same old "ameno-sagiri is behind everything" except now you fight his true form or whatever. I'm hoping there is more to it than this.
Edited by Sanj
@DavidSnakes said:

"@Crushed said:

" @DavidSnakes said:

We are, actually, since it's not a drawn out mess at all. Wondering why you're still around, considering you've done nothing but bitch more than Adachi for like 30 episodes now. "
Because I'm hoping Jeff/Vinny call it out on this needlessly extended bullshit, but the legions of mindless fans won't entertain any legitimate criticism of their favorite game.  I desperately wanted this game and games in general to produce amazing stories and experiences but when devs fuck up I think it should be pointed out as an example. "

I feels drawn out to you because you've been watching this game being played on GB for roughly a year. Most people who've actually played the game probably completed it after around 3 weeks. it was an immensely enjoyable experience for myself and i'm sure for many others as well.  All you want is for the endurance run to end and I doubt you really give a shit about the game itself.
Posted by PosableActionFigure
@Besetment said:
" @atomic_dumpling said:
" So, the attendant was just another arbitrary god? Bummer. I expected either Charlie's mother or father turned evil or something. "
Yeah, so far there's actually nothing new. It's the same old "ameno-sagiri is behind everything" except now you fight his true form or whatever. I'm hoping there is more to it than this. "
It's Izanami. You know, the person who was forshadowed in that lecture about Izanagi and Izanami during the island trip?
Posted by SpunkyHePanda
@Besetment said:
" @atomic_dumpling said:
Yeah, so far there's actually nothing new. It's the same old "ameno-sagiri is behind everything" except now you fight his true form or whatever. I'm hoping there is more to it than this. "
This is exactly why Ameno-Sagiri shouldn't be in the game. I hate that goddamn eyeball. But I've gone on and on about it, so I'll move on.

FUN HINTS THROUGHOUT THE GAME (in case you missed em)
- The controller rumbles slightly when you first receive the handshake from the gas attendant.
- After that first meeting, the gas station attendant only shows up when it's raining.
- If you talk to her, she'll bring up the Midnight Channel / observations about the people of Inaba.
- When you first pull up to the gas station, you can see Namatame's delivery truck leaving.
- Kanji's mother receives a delivery while you're questioning her the day after Kanji appears on the Midnight Channel. Since Kanji was out, he wasn't kidnapped until the next day.
- Similarly, the delivery truck drives by on the day that the tofu shop is crowded with Rise fans. This is the day after Rise appears on the Midnight Channel. Also, Adachi is the one out front, directing traffic.
- The day after that, the investigation team (encouraged by Adachi) chases after a suspicious photographer. During the chase, the delivery truck drives right past you, in the direction of the tofu shop. Rise is gone by the time you get back.

I'm sure there are more, so feel free to add.
Edited by atomic_dumpling
@SpunkyHePanda said:

[…]

How many of those "clues" did you figure out on your own and not read about after the fact? I think they are entirely too subtle to recognize on a first run through the game without using a FAQ, not knowing about the multiple endings at all. I call retcon.
Edited by SpunkyHePanda
@atomic_dumpling: Maybe "hints" was the wrong word.  They're really just little winks and nudges for you to notice during subsequent playthroughs. Still, I love little things like that. Oh, and I wasn't trying to justify the whole Izanami / Ameno-Sagiri thing with that list or anything. That part was for everybody to enjoy. Probably should have done two posts.
@SpunkyHePanda said:
"Still, I love little things like that."
Yeah, it's totally neat. There is a ton of foreshadowing going on in this game. And that panda on every screen? That's totally going to be the final boss.
Posted by ratzombie

Vinny and Jeff both seem so disinterested. I get the feeling they're only doing the true ending because other people wanted them to, rather than them wanting to.

Posted by Xero560
@Ransome said:
"   YO TRUMPETER, I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YA AND I'M GONNA LET YOU FINISH, BUT BLACK FROST IS THE BEST PERSONA OF ALL TIME  "
You win sir, you win.
Posted by Osiris

Maybe, tomorrow!? :)

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

Certainly a very interesting episode story-wise. What I wanna know now is:
1) Are Igor and Margaret also aspects of Izanami like the 'final boss' or are they aspects of Charlies consciousness or what's their story (at least I can't remember that being revealed with certainty...)?
2) If Izanami is actually related to the mythical goddess of creation then I'm not even sure the story could end with a classical boss fight. Is the Investigation Team going to kill god now? I'd be really disappointed if it turns out they just gave her that name and then don't work the context into the plot. Especially since the first Persona Izanagi is also related to that creation myth...
I'm sure it will be explained in some way ... Persona 4 hasn't let me down with it's plot yet, so I'm looking forward to the stunning conclusion of the ER :)

@Baal_Sagoth said:
"1) Are Igor and Margaret also aspects of Izanami like the 'final boss'"
She probably gave birth to them, too. Boy, I just had the worst mental image …
Posted by Poki3

Haha, Yukiko slapped Chie, and Yosuke's like "Awesome Yukiko!".
That's right, show Chie her place!