112 Comments
  • 112 results
Posted by Iceland

HELL YEAH!

Posted by Scooper

Hour long ER? sweet.

Posted by FLStyle

Wait, so the Quad, Penta and Hexa personae have no weaknesses but the Social Link Max Personae do? Laaaame

Posted by Seraphim84

As much as I'm entertained by the ER on a daily basis, it's gonna be hard to top the Darkest of Days QL in terms of greatness today.

Posted by babblinmule

Awesome, just the thing to cheer me up after 5 hours of revision!

Posted by Turambar
@FLStyle said:
" Wait, so the Quad, Penta and Hexa personae have no weaknesses but the Social Link Max Personae do? Laaaame "
Some do, others don't.  Again, Satan IS NOT a Max S.Link Persona.
Posted by shanchett99

scathatch , mada, and ishtar, and that chariot dude...why can't they remember the names of the "ultimate" personae T.T

Posted by FLStyle
@Turambar said:
" @FLStyle said:
" Wait, so the Quad, Penta and Hexa personae have no weaknesses but the Social Link Max Personae do? Laaaame "
Some do, others don't.  Again, Satan IS NOT a Max S.Link Persona. "
Oh, that was Lucifer?
Posted by PacManFevaa

Is this the last episode? I need to know if I should save my excitement or use it all while watching this episode.

Posted by Rasgueado

Duder... video cuts out! 

Posted by jelyk

hell yeah

Posted by Turambar
@FLStyle: Yep, it's Lucifer.  Satan is just another dude.
Posted by Myomoto
@FLStyle: Don't forget Beezelbub, from the Nurse social link. There's like 3 Satans in this game.
Posted by dbz1995
@Myomoto said:
" @FLStyle: Don't forget Beezelbub, from the Nurse social link. There's like 3 Satans in this game. "
Posted by funcmode
@FLStyle said:
"Oh, that was Lucifer?"
Yeah, Lucifer (AKA - The Rebel King of Hell!) is the Max S.link Persona for the Judgment Arcana. Satan is just a standard run-of-the-mill Judgment persona. 

And not all quad/pent/hex fuses result in persona's with no weaknesses. One example I can think of is Futsunushi (max Chariot S.Link and pentagon special fuse) who has a weakness to dark spells.
Posted by Ghostiet

Ozzy is here too?

Posted by AlKusanagi

I'd make a Velvet Pass at her Fluffy Muffler, then fuse her Scathach.

Edited by Crushed
@dbz1995 said:

" @Myomoto said:

" @FLStyle: Don't forget Beezelbub, from the Nurse social link. There's like 3 Satans in this game. "
4. "
Satan
Lucifer
Helel
Beelzebub
Baal Zebul

And that's just  counting Judeo-Christian demons.
Posted by McPaper

"Satan has emerged from the sea of your soul"

:D

Posted by FLStyle
@Crushed said:
" @dbz1995 said:

" @Myomoto said:

4. "
Satan Lucifer Helel Beelzebub Baal Zebul   And that's just  counting Judeo-Christian demons. "
I don't suppose they fuse into Hell?
Posted by Eirikr
@Crushed said:
" @dbz1995 said:

" @Myomoto said:

4. "
Satan Lucifer Helel Beelzebub Baal Zebul   And that's just  counting Judeo-Christian demons. "
Helel wouldn't be considered a demon there.
Posted by ZombiePie

So Persona 4 thinks that Satan has six tits...interesting...

Posted by LinuxScouser

Favourite moment from this ep:
Jeff:  "Hey Ryan! We're gonna summon Satan!" 
Ryan: "Have fun kids!"

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@PacManFevaa said:
" Is this the last episode? I need to know if I should save my excitement or use it all while watching this episode. "
No.
Posted by AllanIceman

Sweet 64min!

Posted by HooliganTuesday
@wwfundertaker said:
" first yeah "
I've always wondered why the hell do people do this? Clearly you've got nothing constructive to say so why bother posting anything at all? Is your life really so meaningless that loudly proclaiming that you're the first person with nothing interesting to say in a comments thread for a video that offers countless oppourtunities to find something interesting to comment on.
Posted by RWill

In Shin Megami Tensei, Satan is God's right-hand man. Seriously. Apparently, in Hebrew lore, Satan exists solely to test our faith in God, and Lucifer is a completely separate being.

Edited by Hashbrowns
@RWill:
Satan is the accuser, yeah, but that doesn't make him God's secretary.  As part of his rebellion, Satan/Lucifer wishes to prove that mankind is a lost cause and not worth God's effort, and thus prove that God was in error for creating mankind in the first place.

I suppose the Joker in The Dark Knight had a similar modus operandi as Satan, attempting to show man's fundamentally sinful nature as some sort of justification for sin itself.
Posted by Metroid545

new game plus lets you keep your compendium, lvl and stats (courage,dilligence,etc)

Posted by Dudacles

I would not be surprised if they start a new game to check out what the New Game + is all about, and end up shooting the entirety of their second playthrough.

Posted by Undeadpool

You do keep your compendium and your "social" skills (Courage, Intelligence, etc) as well as your money. You can bring any Persona out of your compendium regardless of level.

Edited by Turambar
@Metroid545 said:

" new game plus lets you keep your compendium, lvl and stats (courage,dilligence,etc) "

You don't keep your level actually, but you do keep your cash, and taking personas out of the compendium has no level restrictions.

And they should, if nothing else, replay the first hour of P4 with a maxed courage stat, and ask Chie if she's "fallen for me already?"
Posted by GalacticPunt

Posted by HT101

Great episode today.  I agree that the best part was when they fused Satan and Ryan said "Have fun!"

Posted by Sarumarine

I can't think of enough Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath jokes to mark the occasion that you guys summoned Satan.

Edited by Crushed

Could it be... SATAN?

Posted by Aeterna

"Satan doesn't like the light" .. but he can Endure Light.

Posted by King9999
@Crushed said:
" Could it be... SATAN? "
Satan's a hockey player.
Posted by evilpaul

Satan gets Null Wind and Endure Light if you level him up a bit.  

Combine that with Invigorate/Regenerate 3 (I don't remember if I got those from things I fused or he has them) and he spent a second run through as my standard issue Persona.  

I generally used Beezebub for boss/difficult things though as he had Repel Physical and Primal Force which rapes stuff.
Edited by Baal_Sagoth

Ha! So glad you fused Satan. On his regular persona screen he looks fucking silly, six-breasted and all that ;)
But I actually like his design during the fights, even if his skill-set doesn't seem to be too useful or unique...
Also I don't entirely agree with the criticism of the 'redundant' dialogue because I feel the concept of Adachi, 
Namatame and Charlie being three diverse avatars of human ideologies and their contrasting effects on the way of life does add a new dimension to what Izanami had planned all along! She apparently just doesn't have faith in the few hopeful thruth-seeking individuals  like Charlie and his team....
That avatar-concept reminds me of Planescape: Torment's different incarnations of the Nameless One quite a bit ... which is  always good! 
Anyways, great episode & awesome commentary as always, guys!

Posted by MeatSim

Oh! so that's how you defeat Satan just use wind, who knew it was that easy.

Also you know you could make  a career out of fighting shadows, they drop so much money you could retire after a couple years of farming shadows for yen.

Posted by Alphazero
@evilpaul said:
" I generally used Beezebub for boss/difficult things though as he had Repel Physical and Primal Force which rapes stuff. "
Does Beezebub call people bitches, as well? What's his smile like? Creepy?
Posted by Turambar
@Alphazero said:
" @evilpaul said:
" I generally used Beezebub for boss/difficult things though as he had Repel Physical and Primal Force which rapes stuff. "
Does Beezebub call people bitches, as well? What's his smile like? Creepy? "
He's a giant fly.
Posted by JP_Russell

Man, Satan's a real bummer in this game.  You'd think a persona called SATAN that's that huge and looks that freaking awesome would be one of the most powerful in the game, or at least have some unique merit to using him (black viper might be if almighty damage wasn't such a rarely useful and overall disappointing spell type).  But then they actually try to use him, and, well... pretty lackluster persona, which just seems totally messed up to me.
Posted by Milkman

Luke Satan, greatest hockey player of all-time.

Posted by Kraznor

Good stuff. Nice to see you guys reaching the end. I totally summoned Satan on my playthrough as well. Curiously, Lucifer is in the game as well but as a seperate character.

Posted by Delsaber

Satan looks a little bit like Dark Force. Sweet.

Posted by Zokari
@JP_Russell:  That's what Lucifer is for.
Posted by JoeOE18

I know I'm probably very alone here, but I quite like the fusing. If I had this game, which maybe one day I will, then I'd probably my best to get every Persona.

Posted by hamlaser

Michael!

• 112 results