23 Comments
Posted by LucyGlitter

Phi@Ozeki said:

" @LucyGlitter:  IMO, the only great song in that movie was Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass (the part where they explain Dr. Manhattan childhood) and that song is badass anywhere/anytime because its Philip Glass dammit! The rest is a mumbo-jumbo of random top 10 hits from that time period. Looks like Bates googled 19XX and just fucking put anything he found in the movie. "
I think their use of 60s/70s hits was pretty well done, actually. Definitely Koyaanisqatsi was the best, but I would say the Bob Dylan and Hendrix were way up there. 

I actually thought the tracks, "I love you mom" and, "you quit!" were beautiful. 
Edited by Ozeki
@LucyGlitter:  IMO, the only great song in that movie was Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass (the part where they explain Dr. Manhattan's childhood) and that song is badass anywhere/anytime because its Philip Glass dammit!

The rest is a mumbo-jumbo of random top 10 hits from that time period. Looks like Bates googled 19XX and just fucking put anything he found in the movie.
Posted by Myrmidon
@Ozeki: brb, changing pants
Posted by LucyGlitter

One of my favourite modern composers. Watchmen soundtrack was really great and unique. 

Posted by MEBs

'Sounds' good so far.

Posted by Pierce_H

"Man I hate it when people say things like 'I really wanted to work with these guys because they aren't about churning out a product, they want to make a kick ass game because they love games'. "

^ x 2

Edited by Ozeki
@Myrmidon: I CAP AND BOLD MY WRITING TO REPLY TO YOU!
Posted by Myrmidon
@Ozeki: I BOLD MY WRITING TO REINFORCE MY POINT
Edited by Ozeki

Tyler Bates is a tool and a hack. He continuously rips off music from better composer than him WITHOUT giving credit to anyone!

Posted by anglon

does anyone know if its still sorta bormanish cheesy?  that is the only thing holding me back actually. 

other than that I really wanna play it. 
the psp one looks great too!

Posted by MeatSim

Is there a song about the awesomeness of fist bumping in this game?

Posted by Myrmidon

Man I hate it when people say things like 'I really wanted to work with these guys because they aren't about churning out a product, they want to make a kick ass game because they love games'.

Posted by Reverseface

BRO BRO OUT BRO UP YOUR BRO
Posted by ErikSchroder
@GunnBjorn:

Not a company, I'm still an amateur. I never said I was a professional game composer. Though I have composed music for a couple of games, so that would make me a game composer, right?
Posted by Media_Master

ha, bromance

Posted by Brendan

You heard it here first folks: Verticality is the hot term for even music in games.

Posted by GunnBjorn
@ErikSchroder said:
"I'd love to see more composer videos. I'm a game composer myself. "

For what company?
Posted by ververdan0226
@ErikSchroder: Really?? For what?
Posted by ErikSchroder

I'd love to see more composer videos. I'm a game composer myself.

Posted by RipTheVeins

whoa, in the thumbnail it looked like Chris Jericho.  Not too far off since Fozzy would fit the bro-ing out.

Edited by sixpin

I just like the juxtaposition of how serious these guys are about the music for a game that is basically a 3rd person shooter with fist-bumping being a bullet point feature. I mean, it is their profession and the sound is great in the video samples, but... It gave me a chuckle. Being that the Army of Two games introduced the sub genre of bromance into shooters makes me appreciate it more, lol.

Edited by Xeiphyer

Bromantic.

I get feeling this guy really doesn't know what hes talking about, seems like he was told what to say in terms of why he likes this game so much haha. I'd love this game too if it was paying for my house and car.

I like that they recorded the gun noises at varying distances though, that will help add a little bit of polish to the game, of course lets just hope that the game itself is good, otherwise polish only makes shiny shitty game.

Posted by sixpin

That's some epic bromancing