154 Comments
  • 154 results
Posted by Sharpshooter

How did so many Beta keys go so bloody fast? Damn my lack of attention. 
Posted by ky326

I love this mini Star Trek Endurance Run.

Posted by Doobit

Did they ever mention what their account name is? I.E. Frigth@...?

Posted by Doubt

how come i dont like this feature....i shouuld.....maybe because of my uninterest for star trek, their all talking nonesense to me :(

Posted by HeavyDuty32

I hate watchin stuff like this when I know how to do the things they can't figure out how to, lol.  Z to switch weapons, Q or E to do side rolls, ya missed two quests from the admiral, etc. etc., lol.

Posted by andrewf87462

This makes me want to start watching re-runs of Star Trek on TV.

Posted by Sanaj

The space combat seems to be the most interesting part of STO.

Was there a reference to Event Horizon in this SPtF episode? Was it Dave who made it?

Posted by Wolferey
@gike987:
Are you far into the game btw? I am considering picking it up if the class and ship can be as heavily modified as it looks like it can. Also, is there anything beyond what we have seen so far that makes more interesting? and how deep does the quests go? (haven't read up on the game info yet, sorry ;p but you seem to have played it some by now :))
Posted by HatKing

Glad I nabbed one of them keys... I guess this is as good of time as any to try it out.
Posted by VisariLoyalist

hey why doesn't the ginatbomb crew make a giant star trek guild (or whatever the fuck it's called in this game)?

Edited by Ishatawk

I haven't finished watching yet, so you may figure this out, but: 

y'all can't fire torpedoes outside of their cone of fire.  I think you have to be facing them...? 

EDIT: Maybe you figured it out?

Posted by Reverseface

I'm in the Beta just been playing for a day got afew lvls up. Two things i'm a ex WoW addict where no other MMO i've tried has come close to that and i gotta say despite what this looks like it's actually quite good i'm really enjoying playing it the space and ground stuff is alot of fun. If you like MMO's try and grab a Key give it a whirl you might be suprised.

Posted by snide
@Sanaj said:
" The space combat seems to be the most interesting part of STO.   Was there a reference to Event Horizon in this SPtF episode? Was it Dave who made it? "
Yes. I think that's a hidden gem flick. :)
Posted by GozerTC

Thanks to these videos I'm actually a bit more concerned about this game. It looks far too buggy to be coming out in such a short amount of time.  Gameplay wise I like the look of space combat (a bit annoyed watching the guys play it but that's okay) but the ground stuff still seems totally goofy and "City of Heroes in Space."  :\ 

Posted by Death_Burnout
@adamfedoruk said:
" I love you guys, but watching you guys close out of doing the ship crap because "you couldn't afford it" was the most god damn frustrating thing ever.  All that cosmetic crap didn't cost me anything. ;\ "
Yeah that kinda irked me too
Posted by OllyOxenFree
@Doubt said:
" how come i dont like this feature....i shouuld.....maybe because of my uninterest for star trek, their all talking nonesense to me :( "
So you don't like Star Trek and you expect to like something that is all about it.

O RLY?
Posted by Jackel2072

once the final game comes out they need to keep playing this!

Posted by Sarumarine

Aw Jeff, that was awesome.
 "We need more buttons! Stop screwing around and make me more buttons!"

This Star Trek run is pretty awesome too. I'd never play the game, but I'm happy to watch Brad, Vinny, and Dave rock around the universe.

Posted by myslead

i had no interest of playing this...
but this quick look made me think about it lol

Posted by retwakm

is this like an endurance run type thing or just a multi-part quick look. Basically is this suposed to be like 20 parts or just 3

Posted by CrescentFresh

Can I get a Beta key please? I just got an iBUYPOWER 937i and want to try it out with something new!

Posted by CrescentFresh

Oh, yeah. And this is totally awesome as a successor to Endurance Run.
Posted by IzzyGraze

Someone may have mentioned this already but at 26:44 you can see a player as a ship slowly move into frame from the bottom of the screen.

Posted by TheHBK
@HeavyDuty32: i would go easy on em. from my experience in watchin all the gameplay videos they have done since they started quicklooks, i can safely say Brad sucks at games. in the first videp, Dave had to explain how to do somethings.
Posted by Krystal_Sackful

Man, if I was playing, I would go IMMEDIATELY to Deep Space 9.

Posted by CaptainTightPants

I want that stand by part NOW
Haha i love how you guys react to finding out how to run and how to go fast in the ship

Posted by Deusoma
@Phonics said:
" This looks fucking terrible. Why cant anyone make a decent MMORPG other than Blizzard? "
No, the problem is that everybody makes a "decent" MMORPG, but only Blizzard made an "outstanding" MMORPG.
Posted by fox01313

Steering the ship has to be the one time consuming bit that seems to take forever at time, especially when you don't realize the full impulse setting (just found it now after a few days of playing it). Just my tips on this QL for Brad & the crew of the Duder. You can customize the ship except the bridge for free, if you go back to that area to customize the ships & upstairs is where you can see the info on some of the other ships & what it takes to buy them, all around the starbase is to customize your gear & kits as well as buy illegal weapons & more (and still getting lost trying to find it all in the starbase). To the right of the slider on the ship there's a series of buttons to press for getting into different modes for attack/defense/speed/balanced to add even more fun, the gear I've found for the ship you can swap out for what's there now by going to the character page (far left icon under the minimap) & doesn't seem to bind which rocks as some of those pieces sell for a lot. Good luck!
Posted by SharkMan

first

Posted by John1912

Im really surprised at how good this game looks.  I really didnt think I would want to plya a Star trek MMO, but looks fun.

Posted by smcn

I just discovered tonight that STO has a facepalm emote that is animated. Best. MMO. Ever.

Posted by gike987

No one seems to have mentioned it yet:
You can use the arrow keys to distribute energy to the shield.

Posted by gike987

@Wolferey said:

" @gike987:Are you far into the game btw? I am considering picking it up if the class and ship can be as heavily modified as it looks like it can. Also, is there anything beyond what we have seen so far that makes more interesting? and how deep does the quests go? (haven't read up on the game info yet, sorry ;p but you seem to have played it some by now :)) "

I'm not very far into the game but a lot of the quests is pretty fun and every quest have tried is in multiple parts, and all of them takes you to new places.
I'm still in my first ship so I don't know about that but the ships.
Posted by Sanj

I'm actually enjoying this endurance mini-series! Didn't think i would seeing how it's an MMO and it's Star Trek, which i don't watch, nothing against it though. I'm more of a Star Wars dude but i appreciate all Sci-fi.
Posted by JeffGoldblum
@Venatio: My thoughts exactly.
Posted by IzzyGraze

Ah man, where's part 3? It was up a few minutes ago but now I can't find it.

Posted by Regal
@IzzyGraze:  I guess they couldn't get it to stop dudering. Weird. 
Posted by ArchScabby

lol, at about 27 min when Brad is choosing his skills, a ship just floats by in the bottom of the screen.

Posted by Minimegamax

Will this game have monthly fees?

Posted by MasterTom

endurance run?

Posted by Lydian_Sel

Hahaha that space combat looks so flimsy. Funny though!!

Posted by NeoUltima

I love Giantbomb...no other gaming website in history even compares.

Posted by SoothsayerGB

Looks like EVE, but you can get out of your ship.  Thats kinda awesome.  But can't be good if I can know nothing about it and fall ass backwards into a handful of beta keys. 

Posted by Azteck

Man, I really want to try this game out. But alas, my computer sucks.

Posted by InFamous91

sweet

Posted by Willy105

This actually looks like it could stand a chance against Star Wars The Old Republic.

It definitely has much better graphics and is closer to it's source material.

Posted by Shadow

There's something weird going on with the audio.  I can barely hear anything

Posted by Ulong
@SoothsayerGB: Exclusivety does not = quality. It's a marketing tactic, you either pick to hold back numbers, John Nike style, or choose to put out loads of it.
 Was GoogleMail a bad email service just because anyone could get an invite as easy as that? (back in the day when it was new I mean)
Posted by Mikemcn

What is Brad's name in star trek online? 

frigth@........ 

yes, i want to be stalkerish, don't judge.
Posted by trophyhunter

why didn't anyone tell there was new endurance run

• 154 results