118 Comments
  • 118 results
Edited by huser

The street is completely blocked off. Where the hell did that APC come from?

Posted by fontainefellow

i was disappointed by the lack of bro jokes on jeff and ryan's part in this video

Posted by Nottle

Turns out the kid can die. If only they chose this option, i would have loved to see Ryan and Jeff's reactions. Sorry for the quality but this video is short and to the point.

Posted by geirr
@sheira said:
" Looks like a great game. I wish they made it for PC too.  Hmmm, i think i am gonna install Gears of War (unless anyone could come up with better altiernative? :P) Love the customization stuff. "
Mass Effect 2 (:
Edited by F_14_D_TOMCAT

I loved the part where Rios was walking on air/ floating in mid-air. 

I guess he got some Jedi Knight the Force kind of power from defeating Salem in rock paper scisors....... 

Jeff should have hi-fived again at that point coz walking on air is definitely a hi-5 moment...   

and after that probably both mercenaries would have ended up walking on air... 

Now that would be so mega cool that it would deserve yet another hi-five...    he...he

Posted by spiceninja

The two characters are douchbags and that really turns me off from playing this game.

Posted by chilipeppersman

meh

Posted by Ulong

Wish this quick look had gone on enough for Jeff's actions to cause that child to die.

Though I guess jeff was trying to do a positive morality run anyway?

Posted by Ulong

I'm sure someone's said this allready in the comments but:

Jeff, you had a silenced gun, you could shoot the one guy in the back, that no one was looking at, and then you could go grab the officer safely.

Posted by Agent47CSim2

What the hell did they call rock, paper, scissors?
Posted by Branthog
@Reverseface said:
"

Problem with Jeff reviewing this Solo is that it's really a Full on co op game. The first game would of been crap if i didn't of played it with my friend.

"
Yeah, but since most people probably won't be playing co-op and/or don't have friends who play games and on the same console and buy the same game and so on, playing it single player and giving an impression of that overall experience is probably the most accurate depiction of how this game will be used in the real world among most people.
Edited by warmonked

wow, these two characters are such douchebags

wait, you were invisible to the bad guy you were standing next to, because your buddy was "loud?" wtf

Posted by bjorno

SHOOT THE KID

Posted by Winternet

Nothing stands out to me in this game.

Posted by nekoNari

The whole time while watching the video, I was wondering where recoil is... he's spraying bullets, and his reticle stays on the spot? That... is not just unrealistic and immersion-breaking, but also super-cheap. :(
Posted by Brendan
@twillfast said:
" @Getz: Looked like a lot of First Person Shooting to me ;) "

It's a third person shooter.
Posted by Jason_Miami

"Her life is in your hands, dude." Another excellent Big Lebowski reference, Ryan.

Posted by Reverseface

Problem with Jeff reviewing this Solo is that it's really a Full on co op game. The first game would of been crap if i didn't of played it with my friend.

Posted by PenguinDust

There was an interesting story about the kid at the end of this trailer mentioned over on the HotSpot podcast earlier this week (1/12/10).  According to their description of an event, Ryan's assessment is pretty much on the money.

Posted by rjayb89

The game looks good for a Wii game.

Posted by sheira

Looks like a great game. I wish they made it for PC too.  Hmmm, i think i am gonna install Gears of War (unless anyone could come up with better altiernative? :P)

Love the customization stuff.

Posted by Floppypants

I don't understand why a PSP version of this game exists but not a PC version.

Posted by marbleCmoney

"No one, especially not EA, is going to release a game in which your actions allow a child to die...  We haven't gotten there yet."

Oh boy...

Posted by MisterSamMan

The customization seems interesting, but I don't think it will stand out as a great shooter. Great ending to a Quick Look.

Posted by twillfast
@Getz: Looked like a lot of First Person Shooting to me ;)
Posted by MaddProdigy
@Getz:  Ah yea, my bad, so much of the QL was down the scope i got tripped out while i was typin
Posted by Getz
@MaddProdigy said:
" That looked pretty damn boring. In a genre as saturated as FPS's, this is especially not special. "
It's not an FPS, but I agree with you.
Posted by IceTrey87

The mounted grenade launcher was quite advantageous in the first game because there were heavy troops which you could only kill with bullets to the back which required you to flank.  The only way around this was to hit them with the grenade launcher.
Posted by MaddProdigy

That looked pretty damn boring. In a genre as saturated as FPS's, this is especially not special.

Posted by Lazyaza

I wish someone would make a dedicated co-op game that isn't a shooter.   A god of war/dmc style game in co-op would kick ass.

Posted by kwyee

Game looks okay. 
The Mandarin and fake Chinese accents sounds horrendous though.

Posted by Addfwyn
@TooWalrus:  

Oh, that I agree with, I think they did a very shoddy job with the Wii port, when they oculd have up-rezed the sprites or included all the Wright games in one package.
Posted by spilledmilkfactory

i was actually surprised by how great this game is, even in the single player. especially since i was one of those who found the original a bit off-putting.

Posted by asdfghasdf

Doesn't look that bad, if a bit short. I'll probably check out the demo, though I wouldn't want to buy it full priced, I reckon. Would've been awesome if Ryan joined in for a bit of co-op.

Posted by Capum15

Looks fun. Loved the ending.

Though it would've been really interesting to see them splitscreen this or something.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Oh dang. There isn't nearly as much bro-verload as the first game. 

Posted by RenMcKormack

you can attach an opposite silencer to your gun in this game.  How much money will you pay.

Posted by milkman4591
@Myomoto: bro its nolan north. what else could you want?
Posted by HydraHam
@MurderByDeath said:
" @dim499 said:
" @MurderByDeath:  @MurderByDeath: @MurderByDeath said:

" I can only judge from the demo, but it played like Gears of War for geriatrics. I don't remember the last time I have experienced such slow character movements and such inconsistent framerate. "

Framerate is perfect. The shooting feels great. It's a fun 8 hours folks! Get it while it's hot! "
Again, as I said, I can really only judge the demo, and that had an awful framerate. Glad to hear they fixed it in the final release, but it DOES bear mentioning that the demo gives a terrible impression of this game. "
I never played the demo but ive put in about an hour and a half so far on the singleplayer and the framerate is perfect so far.. 0 frame loss, then again i rarely play demos because demos rarely do justice to the final game, last demo i played was dead rising and if i wouldnt of played the retail game at a friends i would of never bought it because the demo was awful
Posted by TheFreeMan

At first I was really iffy about this game but for some reason the more I watch and see the better it looks. I think I'll rent it first, but the demo was pretty fun. I love co-op.

Edited by Swoxx

@Ryan said:  
"noone, especially not EA, is going to release a game in which your actions allow a child to die " 

What about Dragon Age?

Posted by HydraHam

I rented this game today and it is awesome!

Posted by CaptainTightPants

Game looks like a blast.

Posted by andrewf87462

I didn't enjoy the demo but the full game is looking pretty sweet.

Posted by Sanaj

The weapon customizations are the only part of this game that interests me. 

It was a good quick look though, thanks.

Posted by RVonE

The outside enironments don't look so hot. Indoors it seems a little better but not much. I do like the character models, though.
Posted by glitznglamstyle68

Not a bad game at all. It feels very similar to Uncharted 2 in many sections. I guess Nolan North voicing Salem adds to that. 8.5/10, imo. Some shortcomings, but an enjoyable and overall well made shooter.
Posted by Sarumarine

I don't know. I have to admit, if I came out of a high tension hostage situation and the only guys who died where the hostage takers, I think I'd be up for a chest bump or a high five.

Posted by Adziboy
@Addfwyn:
This entire GENERATION, you don't want ANY shooters? As much as you want it to happen, thats ridiculous.
Posted by BionicSheep

yo your definition of roshambo is all messed up, you're thinking of rock-paper-scissors

roshambo is the game where two dudes agree to kick each other in the balls until one of them submits

• 118 results