118 Comments
  • 118 results
Posted by XChairmanDrekX

Phoenix Wright is awesome, in case you couldn't tell Ryan is a fan of the series.  As is Vinny.  You probably didn't even watch the QL.  It's  a lot more fun then this throw away shooter.  That's for sure.  Lasts longer than 4 hours too.

Posted by crusader8463

Makes me sad this isn't getting a PC release. One of the few games i wish we had too.

Posted by BatOtaku13

man, i really despise both of these games.  the first one was really uninteresting and jingoistic and the demo for the second one was just as bad as the first one.  oh and the moral choices, goodness the moral choices.  cause if there's a group of people i think about when i think about questioning my morality, its trigger-happy mercenaries.  (/sarcasm)

Posted by Raven_Sword

Actually this game was pretty fun. Wouldnt Necessarily buy it, but a good rental.
Posted by AllanIceman
@Death_Burnout said:
" @Scarabus said:
" The volume has been really low in GB's latest videos. Need to turn up my speakers to the loudest to hear and remember to turn it down afterwards. "
thanks for not being the only one to say this. "
I just noticed that today. I almost blew out my ears just now.
Posted by metalsnakezero

Nice way of ending the quick look.

Posted by Addfwyn
@TooWalrus:  

Phoenix Wright is an amazing game, probably more interesting to me than this.  Don't knock it til you try it.  
Otherwise, this seems a bit generic-shootery to me, I don't think we need any more shooters this generation, I'm pretty burnt out on them.  Uncharted was the last one I could take for a long time.
Posted by TooWalrus
@Addfwyn: The DS games look great, I've wanted to pick them up for awhile now. But a straight port of a DS game (Without even a resolution bump) released for WiiWare without even the complete 1st game in the series, for the same price as the DS cart at this point isn't a sell for me.
Posted by Milkman

More like Army of Poo?! AMIRITE?!?! YOUKNOWWHATI'MSAYIN?!?!?

Posted by DukeTogo

Wholly uninteresting and ugly to boot.  The first game - while flawed - was at least something new and different for the then innovative co-op.  This just looks like an apologetic retread with none of the politically-incorrect subject matter and over the top bro-ness.  Better games with co-op have come out since then, along with more very soon, making this a pretty weak offering for that crowd.  It had its chance to stand out two years ago, but the co-op shooter has since then become a fairly common genre, so the one thing it had that was unique is no longer unique - making it that much more generic.

Posted by RobotHamster

Nice ending, the only way Rios can levitate like that is by beating the man, the myth, the legend, Nolan North, at rock, paper, scissor 

Posted by Solh0und

Pretty soon, Nolan North will be in every anime as well as videogames

Posted by HaYHaYHaY

2:30 looks extremely retarded...
Posted by Fudgeblood

Judging by this quick look it doesn't seem like us PC gamers are missing out on much.

Posted by Alphonzo

That black and white HUD thing looks really cool

Posted by Oni

Uhh why don't you guys show off the co-op in, you know, a co-op game????

Posted by Daryl

Can't wait for this to be on sale.

Posted by TobyD81

Chest bump < Blob hug

MMMmmmm...
Posted by BionicSheep

yo your definition of roshambo is all messed up, you're thinking of rock-paper-scissors

roshambo is the game where two dudes agree to kick each other in the balls until one of them submits

Posted by Adziboy
@Addfwyn:
This entire GENERATION, you don't want ANY shooters? As much as you want it to happen, thats ridiculous.
Posted by Sarumarine

I don't know. I have to admit, if I came out of a high tension hostage situation and the only guys who died where the hostage takers, I think I'd be up for a chest bump or a high five.

Posted by glitznglamstyle68

Not a bad game at all. It feels very similar to Uncharted 2 in many sections. I guess Nolan North voicing Salem adds to that. 8.5/10, imo. Some shortcomings, but an enjoyable and overall well made shooter.
Posted by RVonE

The outside enironments don't look so hot. Indoors it seems a little better but not much. I do like the character models, though.
Posted by Sanaj

The weapon customizations are the only part of this game that interests me. 

It was a good quick look though, thanks.

Posted by andrewf87462

I didn't enjoy the demo but the full game is looking pretty sweet.

Posted by CaptainTightPants

Game looks like a blast.

Posted by HydraHam

I rented this game today and it is awesome!

Edited by Swoxx

@Ryan said:  
"noone, especially not EA, is going to release a game in which your actions allow a child to die " 

What about Dragon Age?

Posted by TheFreeMan

At first I was really iffy about this game but for some reason the more I watch and see the better it looks. I think I'll rent it first, but the demo was pretty fun. I love co-op.

Posted by HydraHam
@MurderByDeath said:
" @dim499 said:
" @MurderByDeath:  @MurderByDeath: @MurderByDeath said:

" I can only judge from the demo, but it played like Gears of War for geriatrics. I don't remember the last time I have experienced such slow character movements and such inconsistent framerate. "

Framerate is perfect. The shooting feels great. It's a fun 8 hours folks! Get it while it's hot! "
Again, as I said, I can really only judge the demo, and that had an awful framerate. Glad to hear they fixed it in the final release, but it DOES bear mentioning that the demo gives a terrible impression of this game. "
I never played the demo but ive put in about an hour and a half so far on the singleplayer and the framerate is perfect so far.. 0 frame loss, then again i rarely play demos because demos rarely do justice to the final game, last demo i played was dead rising and if i wouldnt of played the retail game at a friends i would of never bought it because the demo was awful
Posted by milkman4591
@Myomoto: bro its nolan north. what else could you want?
Posted by RenMcKormack

you can attach an opposite silencer to your gun in this game.  How much money will you pay.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Oh dang. There isn't nearly as much bro-verload as the first game. 

Posted by Capum15

Looks fun. Loved the ending.

Though it would've been really interesting to see them splitscreen this or something.

Posted by asdfghasdf

Doesn't look that bad, if a bit short. I'll probably check out the demo, though I wouldn't want to buy it full priced, I reckon. Would've been awesome if Ryan joined in for a bit of co-op.

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

i was actually surprised by how great this game is, even in the single player. especially since i was one of those who found the original a bit off-putting.

Posted by Addfwyn
@TooWalrus:  

Oh, that I agree with, I think they did a very shoddy job with the Wii port, when they oculd have up-rezed the sprites or included all the Wright games in one package.
Posted by kwyee

Game looks okay. 
The Mandarin and fake Chinese accents sounds horrendous though.

Posted by Lazyaza

I wish someone would make a dedicated co-op game that isn't a shooter.   A god of war/dmc style game in co-op would kick ass.

Posted by MaddProdigy

That looked pretty damn boring. In a genre as saturated as FPS's, this is especially not special.

Posted by IceTrey87

The mounted grenade launcher was quite advantageous in the first game because there were heavy troops which you could only kill with bullets to the back which required you to flank.  The only way around this was to hit them with the grenade launcher.
Posted by Getz
@MaddProdigy said:
" That looked pretty damn boring. In a genre as saturated as FPS's, this is especially not special. "
It's not an FPS, but I agree with you.
Posted by MaddProdigy
@Getz:  Ah yea, my bad, so much of the QL was down the scope i got tripped out while i was typin
Posted by twillfast
@Getz: Looked like a lot of First Person Shooting to me ;)
Posted by MisterSamMan

The customization seems interesting, but I don't think it will stand out as a great shooter. Great ending to a Quick Look.

Posted by marbleCmoney

"No one, especially not EA, is going to release a game in which your actions allow a child to die...  We haven't gotten there yet."

Oh boy...

Posted by Floppypants

I don't understand why a PSP version of this game exists but not a PC version.

Posted by sheira

Looks like a great game. I wish they made it for PC too.  Hmmm, i think i am gonna install Gears of War (unless anyone could come up with better altiernative? :P)

Love the customization stuff.

Posted by rjayb89

The game looks good for a Wii game.

Posted by PenguinDust

There was an interesting story about the kid at the end of this trailer mentioned over on the HotSpot podcast earlier this week (1/12/10).  According to their description of an event, Ryan's assessment is pretty much on the money.

• 118 results