44 Comments
Posted by krazy_kyle

It just didn't tell me anything about the game. A bad trailer
Posted by MarkWahlberg

I'm only getting this game if that dude narrates EVERYTHING you do. ALL THE TIME.

Posted by JiuJitsuka85
@XartaX said:
" Could they possibly hire a less enthusiastic narrator? "
Impossible. Unless you hire a narrator that is dead, and thus can't talk. Then it's possible.
Posted by squidracerX
@Veektarius said:
" And the worst trailer narration of 2010 goes to... "
awww you beat me to it!
Posted by Thevamp25

awesome art and story...but narration sucks bad

Posted by MeatSim

You need a new narrator game.

Posted by MasterTom

wtf is up with that voice?

Posted by xedrox

Great animation and I like the back story, but that voice over was so awful!

Posted by VonSoot
@Veektarius said:
" And the worst trailer narration of 2010 goes to... "
I think the narrator took my order at EL MARRIACHI.
Posted by Jambones
@KillerBears said:
" damn this has nothing to do with world of goo :( "
Same thought here.
Edited by PJ
@Deusoma said:

" I'm gonna be honest.  The title is meh, but I'm willing to let that slide; I'm currently enjoying the hell out of a game called "Darksiders".   Most of the trailer itself isn't even CGI, it's barely-animated static backgrounds. But I'm also willing to let that slide.   And the story itself is actually really intriguing, it could make for an interesting backstory to any number of genres.  ...But as soon as I saw that it was an XBLA game, I knew for certain that it was doomed. You can count the number of Arcade games that come out every year that are actually worth playing on one hand. There were exactly two last year; Shadow Complex and 'Splosion Man.   Eh, who knows. Maybe Greed Corp. will get lucky and be one of the fantastic few this year. Though I doubt it. "

Trials HD and Battlefield 1943 for XBLA and Shatter and Flower(EDIT: And PJ: Shooter) for the PSN and Trine for PC were all games downloadable games you had to play last year if you like great games. The fact is that XBLA and PSN are getting bigger and better games all the time. The last two years there have been games that are higher quallity then most boxed tittles. Only an idiot would write of a game just because of what platform its on.

Also how does the trailer being CG or not have any effect on the game? I for one like the look of this trailer more then alot of CG trailers that have nothing to do whit the actuall gameplay but make it look like it. This one sets up the world in a stylistic way, though granted the narration could have been better.

And the fact that they put out a trailer points to the fact that this isn't you avarage sloppy ass XBLA/PSN game.
Posted by Griddler

Now if only it wasn't an RTS I would be interested

Posted by Legend

Wow! Text-to-speech technology has really come a long way. It almost sounded like a human was narrating this. :P

Posted by jonnyboy

That looks interesting.

Posted by XartaX

Could they possibly hire a less enthusiastic narrator?

Posted by Deusoma

I'm gonna be honest.

The title is meh, but I'm willing to let that slide; I'm currently enjoying the hell out of a game called "Darksiders". 

Most of the trailer itself isn't even CGI, it's barely-animated static backgrounds. But I'm also willing to let that slide. 

And the story itself is actually really intriguing, it could make for an interesting backstory to any number of genres.

...But as soon as I saw that it was an XBLA game, I knew for certain that it was doomed. You can count the number of Arcade games that come out every year that are actually worth playing on one hand. There were exactly two last year; Shadow Complex and 'Splosion Man. 

Eh, who knows. Maybe Greed Corp. will get lucky and be one of the fantastic few this year. Though I doubt it.

Posted by Darkstorn
@Bones8677: 
I think it's refreshing to see a game that doesn't try to mute its social commentary to appease a mass audience. Let the developers have a message for their games, after all, that's part of what made Bioshock and Oddworld so amazingly realized.
Posted by Hyperfludd

Uh...yeah.

Posted by Bones8677

Ah man, why is Greenpaeace making games now? Damn you PeTA and your Cooking Mama game, this is all your fault!  ;P

Posted by TheMustacheHero

Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN

What game?

Posted by MadeinFinland

The narration was...

Posted by Zajtalan

damn that was some horrible narration

Posted by TheClap

Yes yes yes, capitalism is evil and destroys the planet and makes us kill each other. Whatever.
....but it looks very pretty

Posted by shadows
@RVonE said:
" @Hats said:
"This told me nothing Am i fighting the mist or the Nazis or both or oh god MIST NAZIS! "
What if it's Mist Nazis using Nazi Mist? "
OH GOD runz for ze hilllz
Posted by eznark

Saw this over at FIdgit and thought it looked like a pretty cool strategy game.  This concept trailer made me a lot less interested.

Posted by RagingLion

Really nice trailer.  No idea what the actual gameplay is like, but it sounds like a decent amount of thought has gone into the backstory - here's hoping that continues into the actual feel of the game.

Posted by sandwich_adjustment

nice concept art and animatix!

Posted by RVonE
@Hats said:
"This told me nothing Am i fighting the mist or the Nazis or both or oh god MIST NAZIS! "

What if it's Mist Nazis using Nazi Mist?
Posted by Seijur0

at first I thought that said "Greed Cop", which I've decided would be an infinitely more interesting title.

Posted by KillerBears

damn this has nothing to do with world of goo :(

Edited by Hats

This told me nothing
Am i fighting the mist or the Nazis or both or oh god MIST NAZIS!

Posted by Veektarius

And the worst trailer narration of 2010 goes to...

Posted by LaszloKovacs

I have no idea what this game is but I really dig the art.

Edited by ahoodedfigure

That was some pretty production art.  

And I'm glad they put airships in there.  Everything is better with airships-- 'cept maybe endoscopic surgery.

Is this an RTS with diminishing land?  Oh, no.  Turn-based.  I'm interested, game; tell me more.

Posted by Olivaw

I like the aesthetic of the setting. And I like how pretty that concept art looks. And I like turn based strategy games.

Maybe I will like this.

Posted by Milkman

That's deep, yo.

Posted by Montyboggs
@MauveForest said:
" A little bit heavy handed with the metaphor, aren't they? And here I thought it had something to do with world of goo. :( "
Yeah I agree, not very subtle at all. They could use a little more imagination. Even Avatar was less obvious lol.
Posted by DRE7777

..................................what?

Posted by Seedofpower
@giant_frying_pan said:
" Thought this was going to be 2DBoy-related! "
So did i lol
Posted by MauveForest

A little bit heavy handed with the metaphor, aren't they? And here I thought it had something to do with world of goo. :(

Posted by Rewcastle

The sequal to the story telling game on the wii..?
Posted by Pet_Assassin

That's dark yo.

Posted by giant_frying_pan

Thought this was going to be 2DBoy-related!