144 Comments
  • 144 results
Posted by Panics

YEAH!

Posted by gogbot

Man, i dont get why they dont wanna look at buying a new ship.

They can totally get the same class of ship as the original enterprise.(constitution class)

Posted by Metal_Mills

BOUNCE!

Posted by jakonovski

Brad & co. really need to read up on how the combat works. Use those expose/exploit combos!

Posted by Metal_Mills
@gogbot said:
" Man, i dont get why they dont wanna look at buying a new ship.

They can totally get the same class of ship as the original enterprise.(constitution class) "
Where can you buy a new ship? I've never even found it.
Posted by heatDrive88

I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but i do believe in the Star Trek Nemesis, Picard or Data do some dual-wielding of phasers/disruptors. It's right after that scene when Picard is captured and Data frees him and as they are trying to run away through some corridors.
Posted by jmrwacko

Make you banana pancakes, pretend like its the weekend now, yeah hah hah

Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror

oh wow they totally passed wolf 359, a lot of things happened there (in star trek canon)

Posted by PapaLazarou

This game is so shit.

Posted by Phished0ne

Also, i just realized this this morning, but you can sell stuff through the replicator, you dont need to go back to a station to do it....i think so far that and being able to hail starfleet are my favorite features.

Edited by Shasam

Nice! New Episode.

Also, here's a little tip. If you press P while in the ship you can bring up a list of skills and, somewhere in there, there is a skill which will emergency warp (or something like that) you straight back to the sol space station. It works like a Hearth (sp?) Stone from WoW, so it has a 30min cooldown, but it will obviously cut down on any travelling you have to do.

Edit: Also, now that you've patched, if you're a fan of the standard scan animation, then hit the button on the left-middle of the minimap. That's pretty sweet too.

Posted by Delsaber

Sisko, or Mirror Sisko, or perhaps Sisko posing as Mirror Sisko (!) once dual-wielded a pair of Klingon disruptor pistols. It was pretty badass.

Edited by Metal_Mills

The Australia voice Ryan does at 40:52 sounds sort of like a guy I met. Haha.

Posted by Persecution

With each of these videos i see i become more interested in actually playing this game. 
I don't know this game looks kind of fun haha.

Posted by Videogames

I love when brad tries to awkwardly hide the 'ship on ground' bug, every time it happens.

Posted by Moztacular

Hey there was a futurama episode with the original star trek crew where one of the characters made the assumption that Sulu knew Karate. Pretty funny, and George Takai said something like "how dare you assume i know ka-ra-te!" before promptly karate chopping someone

Posted by HateCage

Damn it Brad!  BOUNCE!!!!!!

Posted by Crushed

HA! I looked it up.

Sulu knows JUDO.

Posted by MeatSim

Watching Brad surf the web was what I came here for.

Posted by S0ndor

Space North is awesome.

Posted by myslead

well you guys can be proud of yourself
you guys made me buy the fracking game when I had NO interest of playing in the first place when the first trailers came out.

DAMN YOU
DAMN YOU GIANTBOMB
& Brad.

Posted by Vager
@Metal_Mills:
Theres a door you can go into in the shipyard. Shows you all the ships, but you can't get any of them. You get your first one as quest reward after level 10 I believe.
Posted by oddmanout22287

BANANA PANCAKES!
Maybe I'll finally get around to using the beta code I have tonight...

Posted by Dylabaloo

Tip for Bradly when you die on foot your AI teamates can pick you up

Edited by CletusTheFoetus

Those tribbles will eat your chocolate chip muffins!  

I think you should have beamed out at the end though. 

Posted by Delta_Ass

Ryan, you're wrong. Sulu does know karate. He used it on that security guard in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.

Posted by BlackCoffee

If you hit P Brad Vinny or Ryan it will pull up a list of abilties theres an warp to sol system called transwarp in there 

Posted by doddy_gb

Banana Pancakes are B'Elanna Torres' (Half-Klingon, Half-Human) favourite food.  She asks Neelix to cook them for her when she finds out that her daughter will have ridges on her forehead.  Torres was bullied as a child because of them and she blames herself for her father leaving. 

Posted by fallen_elite

Ryan is IMPATIENT AS HELL. Damn.

Posted by Nictel
@MurderByDeath said:
" Wait, there's a "Sirius Sector Black" - coincidence or Potter reference? "
It actually says Block and Sirius is also a star. So probably not but anything is possible.
Edited by Wiseblood

You guys are still running the Release Candidate of Windows 7?

Edited by DukeTogo

Use Transwarp dammit.

The exploration cluster missions are random, kind of like dailies in WoW.

The big patch on the 20th added a lot, it also changed most of the interface.  The next episode is going to be filled with "what's this do?".

Posted by Mezmero

Videos are still awesome, thank you. Hope that in the future HD stands for HoloDecks cause those things would be sweet, and kinda gross.  I'm sure the TNG holdecks were plentiful but still required some kind of schedule for usage.  They got really bananas with holodecks in Voyager since they only had a handful available at first.  I think they ended up converting a couple cargo bays into more holodecks after having them in such high demand.  In the middle of the video it seems like the whole Sulu debate scared Vinny off for the latter half.  I think its kind of cool how that Vager dude has unwittingly become an obscure celebrity because of these videos to both the staff and users.   Kinda sad that Dave only got a brief peripheral cameo but I'm still stoked to see more.     
Posted by SleepyDoughnut
@Bhouse563 said:
" De took r jerbs!!! "
He took your jerrrrrrrrb!! 
Posted by casualterror

The Skills Trainer option is a quest. That has been bugging the crap out of me every time I see it. okay now to finish the video.

Posted by spatss

Banana pancakes, yum.

Posted by HatKing

Right around 22:26 somebody finished their download of something. :P
Posted by Impreza_AWD

"Karate stance, Hands like BLADES"

Sounds like a good title for a game

Edited by Rallier

Posted by HatKing

Straight from the Star Trek website: 
      "Sulu was an active hobbyist with interests including fencing, botany, and the martial arts of his native culture; in fact, when the helmsman was infected with the Psi 3000 virus in 2266 he threatened the bridge with his foil." 

I got your back Vinny!
Posted by JTHomeslice

Where is hell is Dave?

Posted by Colonel_Fury

These videos are awesome. Keep it up.
Edited by MAST

They kinda made me lose interest in these after what they said on the podcast. I couldn't put my finger on what my problems were in this game, but they pretty much nailed it exactly with what they said on the podcast. This game should be following the Guild Wars model, and then it would be fine...

If you strip away the "Star Trek" part and just look at this game as an MMO. It's barely an MMO, and definitely not a quality one at that.

Posted by Hamst3r

I am so not an MMO player. I don't think I can watch anymore of these vids. The GB crew can only carry a video of a game I'm not interested in so far. X_x

Edited by Gravatix

Oh man lol.  You know what's funny. On that first page they pulled up on StarTrek.com it says:

"Sulu was an active hobbyist with interests including fencing, botany, and the martial arts of his native culture;"

It's under his whole time timeline part of his Starfleet Career Summary thing... fourth paragraph.

Somebody above beat me to it!!

Posted by Gravatix

Public Ryan Apology!!! lmao

Posted by squidracerX
@Delta_Ass said:
" Ryan, you're wrong. Sulu does know karate. He used it on that security guard in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. "
GO VINNIE! See you're not a racist! *hugs*
Posted by gbrading

I love the middle section of this video, searching the web for Sulu karate references. Brilliant stuff.
Posted by gakon

When I hear that "Kahn!" soundbite at the start of the videos all I think of is Octale & Hordak Versus the World.

Surely someone knows what I'm talking about.

Posted by MackDaddicus
@MurderByDeath said:

" Wait, there's a "Sirius Sector Black" - coincidence or Potter reference? "

It is, if you notice when Brad pulls up the map in the video, the Sirius Sector Block is right next to the Regulus Sector Block.  Since Regulus is Sirius's brother in the Potter books, coupled with the similarity between Block and Black, it can't be a coincidence.
  • 144 results