131 Comments
  • 131 results
Posted by atomic_dumpling
@Drebin_893 said:
" Please stop with the pathetic, whining community bitching. It's fun watching them banter and find their way through the game, can't people just shut the fuck up. "
That's exactly why there won't be a second Endurance Run one, ever. This community simply can't handle it.
Posted by Khalen

Use Defense Mode next time ;) Cause Speed mode is realllllllly crappy for fighting.

Posted by Irishjohn
@Drebin_893 said:
" Please stop with the pathetic, whining community bitching. It's fun watching them banter and find their way through the game, can't people just shut the fuck up. "
Hear hear! Just get a life, people.
Posted by JoeOE18

I don't want this to end. 

My Endurance Run lust is kicking in all over again.

Posted by MrCellophane

I lol'd at USS Oscar Mike

Edited by RiddleBrother

"set phasers to smoke these motherfuckers" - awesome.

edit- as soon as I saw that metroid-esque map, i kinda wanted to play this.

Posted by Doubt

T.A.N.E.R   people! 

( This Aint No Endurance Run)

Posted by Majkiboy

dudes, you totally missed a scan :P

Posted by Griddler

Ha you can see my conversation in the corner.

Posted by rjayb89

*insert helpful commentary here and whining*

Posted by BlackCoffee

o :( beta has closed any one know if there gonna continue when the game comes out 

Edited by SleepyDoughnut
@patrick said:

" SLOW DOWN BRAD "

The people agree unanimously!
Edited by Swordfish9

When the beta test period is over, every beta tester's game progress and character WILL BE ERASED, so say goodbye to Frigth.  

The STO game server is down again, so I guess I won't be reaching the rank of Commander.

Next I wish to see videos of the Giantbomb crew playing Mass Effect 2.

Posted by El_Duderino

set phasers to smoke these muthafuckas

Posted by Gamer_152

Gonna be a shame when the beta ends. I've really enjoyed these videos.

Posted by Brackynews

Big neon hyperspace sign is big.

Posted by Jackel2072

the next Giant Bomb T-Shirt(s) should read. PRESS SHIFT TO RUN!  Or Set Phasers to smoke these mother fuckers! =)

Posted by SippyCupNINJA
@Jackel2072 said:
" the next Giant Bomb T-Shirt(s) should read. PRESS SHIFT TO RUN!  Or Set Phasers to smoke these mother fuckers! =) "
Agreed. Those are some hilariously Giant Bomb-ish lines. Classic.
Posted by Swordfish9

Just found out that the open beta test trial has been extended until the 26th Tuesday, so we are expected to see Frigth and the USS Duder in action a bit longer, alright.

Posted by RVonE
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
That's exactly why there won't be a second Endurance Run one, ever. This community simply can't handle it. "

No community can handle it.
Posted by walter_sobchak

Brad, I love you dude, but you really need to learn how to play this game better if you're driving.  I hear Jeff and Ryan telling you what to do, and it echos my thoughts 95% of the time (you're trying to collect an anomaly when 3 ships are shooting at you?!?!).  It is entertaining sometimes though... on second thought, don't change a thing.

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

"What the hell are you?"

"Im a Sea Biscuit."

"You guys are out of control."

EDIT: ewwww. DS9 hate.

Posted by Deusoma

They keep talking about how you should play as a tactical officer and let the NPC crewman use the engineering and science abilities, but that won't do you much good when you find yourself in an actual group with five tactical players without a single medical tricorder between them. I totally rolled a science officer in the beta and never regretted it.

Posted by TheSeductiveMoose
@atomic_dumpling said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
That's exactly why there won't be a second Endurance Run one, ever. This community simply can't handle it. "
How wrong you would turn out to be.
Posted by Drebin_893
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" @atomic_dumpling said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
How wrong you would turn out to be. "
Right you are, sir. Right you are. 
Posted by MooseyMcMan
@Drebin_893 said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose said:
" @atomic_dumpling said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
Right you are, sir. Right you are.  "
Too bad there will never be a third Endurance Run... ;) 
Posted by Olivaw

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Drebin_893 said:
" @TheSeductiveMoose said:
" @atomic_dumpling said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
Right you are, sir. Right you are. "
Too bad there will never be a third Endurance Run... ;)

What a series of posts this is.

Posted by Venatio

Rewatching these now after I've watched the entire run of Deep Space Nine I've gotta strongly disagree with all the DS9 hate from Jeff, Ryan and aswell as the community, it's easily my favorite Trek show

Edited by Marokai
@Venatio: I've always felt like there are two different camps of people when it comes to DS9 and TNG and which one you're in depends on, fundamentally, what you come to Star Trek for. If you come to it for one-time romps of nerdy kitsch value of "Oh man, look at me, I'm such a nerd, watching Star Trek" then you're coming to it for a very standalone, low impact, low consequence experience, and if that's the type of person you are, then your favorite Star Trek is probably TNG. 

On the flipside, if you're an actual fan of Star Trek more broadly, with appreciation for the canon and coming to the series with an interest in deeper storytelling and you value continuity as something that can create a stronger narrative, then you're coming to Star Trek in search of a legitimately good and in depth experience. If that's the type of person you are with Star Trek, then your favorite Star Trek is DS9.  

Deep Space 9 is the type of Star Trek that someone who gets way into a story would like, TNG is something you watch a mismatched marathon of and veg out to when you're really bored on Friday night. Jeff and Ryan wouldn't be caught dead un-ironically liking a Star Trek series for anything other than the nerd cachet and the ease of access that TNG has, and personally, I've just always thought that sucks. It's why I just can't take anyone seriously who's only appreciation for the canon is TNG.

But this was an entertaining feature that I enjoy re watching, at least.
Posted by Poppduder

@marokai: Holy shit I love you. That was a lot of words to justify why I love DS9. Thank you.