39 Comments
Posted by Branthog
@Seppli said:
" @Branthog:   You'll eat your words - heretic! "
I hope so. I really didn't enjoy the campaign in the first one. In fact, I didn't even finish it. I hope that I pop this in on release day and have a single player ride that does what MW2's single player campaign failed at.
Posted by Seppli
@Branthog: 

You'll eat your words - heretic!
Posted by Branthog

Some games should just give up on the concept of "single player campaign". This is one of those.

Posted by MeatSim

I take it this means no driving tanks around on a golf course this time.

Posted by SlantedRoom
@9mmfistcuffs:
disagree, this game looks amazingly fun
Posted by FrankCanada97
@9mmfistcuffs said:
" @LaszloKovacs said:
" @creamypies said:
" @gike987 said:
" @creamypies said:

" Russian's on American soil? That sounds a little too familiar. "

Yes, World in conflict did that some years ago. And almost all of the movies about the cold war. Not that I think you referred to any of those. "
No I didn't. I was referring to the game that this is undoubtedly going to be compared against upon release - Modern Warfare 2. Bad Company 2 already shares many similar gameplay traits as MW2, which is why it seems odd that they'd go down a similar story route as well. "
The first Bad Company came out well before MW2 and involved Americans fighting Russians as well...  Seems like a pretty reasonable setup for a sequel to me. "
Pity they've taken the main difference between the two series, Humor,  an irreverent tone, and a focus on the whole "they ain't anything special, just a bunch of guys over they're heads" motif; the things that made Bad Company BAD COMPANY; and CHUCKED them to the curb.  What you end up with is a semi-class based "relistic" multiplayer focused shooter that looks a WHOLE FUCKING LOT like MW2 in all respects save for the guns, location, and characters. "
Looks are completely different than experience.
Posted by madsoul

GO GO SWEDEN

Posted by JJWeatherman

Especially well done editing Vinny and/or Drew. The editing is always good but for some reason I really noticed in this video.

Posted by Klebold

Good lord, that's a lot of sweat.

Posted by Daryl

No, I will not let the newbies CHILL OUT. 

Posted by SammydesinasNL
@Milpool:
At least the locations are more based around the plot.
Posted by MuddaShukka

This game looks great
Edited by LaszloKovacs
@9mmfistcuffs said:

" @LaszloKovacs said:

" @creamypies said:

" @gike987 said:
" @creamypies said:

Yes, World in conflict did that some years ago. And almost all of the movies about the cold war. Not that I think you referred to any of those. "
No I didn't. I was referring to the game that this is undoubtedly going to be compared against upon release - Modern Warfare 2. Bad Company 2 already shares many similar gameplay traits as MW2, which is why it seems odd that they'd go down a similar story route as well. "
The first Bad Company came out well before MW2 and involved Americans fighting Russians as well...  Seems like a pretty reasonable setup for a sequel to me. "
Pity they've taken the main difference between the two series, Humor,  an irreverent tone, and a focus on the whole "they ain't anything special, just a bunch of guys over they're heads" motif; the things that made Bad Company BAD COMPANY; and CHUCKED them to the curb.  What you end up with is a semi-class based "relistic" multiplayer focused shooter that looks a WHOLE FUCKING LOT like MW2 in all respects save for the guns, location, and characters. "
What the dude says in the interview directly contracts some of what you say (ie the focus on the characters) 
and they haven't actually shown anything from the single player at this point, so I'm not sure what makes you think you can make claims about whether or not it feels like Bad Company.

Do go right ahead and get angry at me about it anyway, though.

Edit: I also played the BC2 beta and can tell you that the game handles nothing like MW2. At all. It plays like a Battlefield game and nobody could mistake it for anything else.
Posted by Advertisement

Always the Russians. Nobody ever picks a fight with China anymore.

Posted by TheSixthHorseman

Looks kind of like MW2. . . except it's going to actually be good.

Posted by 9mmfistcuffs
@LaszloKovacs said:
" @creamypies said:
" @gike987 said:
" @creamypies said:

Pity they've taken the main difference between the two series, Humor,  an irreverent tone, and a focus on the whole "they ain't anything special, just a bunch of guys over they're heads" motif; the things that made Bad Company BAD COMPANY; and CHUCKED them to the curb. 

What you end up with is a semi-class based "relistic" multiplayer focused shooter that looks a WHOLE FUCKING LOT like MW2 in all respects save for the guns, location, and characters.
Posted by LaszloKovacs
@creamypies said:
" @gike987 said:
" @creamypies said:

The first Bad Company came out well before MW2 and involved Americans fighting Russians as well...

Seems like a pretty reasonable setup for a sequel to me.
Posted by test0r

Well, this is obviously superior to MW2 since it will have dedicated servers on the PC.

I'm quite serious.

Posted by krazy_kyle
@9mmfistcuffs:
How the hell is this a Modern Warfare clone exactly? I fail to see your point
Edited by 9mmfistcuffs

I swear the more I see of Bad Company 2 the less I want it. Way to take everything GOOD and DIFFERENT from the first game, throw it out, and turn it into a Modern Warefare 2 clone.    Absolutely Pathetic.

Posted by Agent47CSim2

I'm really, really looking forward to this. Possible first day buy.
Posted by scarace360

cant wait. its going to be crazy . Shit needs to blow UP!!!

Posted by Creamypies
@gike987 said:
" @creamypies said:

No I didn't. I was referring to the game that this is undoubtedly going to be compared against upon release - Modern Warfare 2. Bad Company 2 already shares many similar gameplay traits as MW2, which is why it seems odd that they'd go down a similar story route as well.
Edited by gike987
@creamypies said:

Yes, World in conflict did that some years ago. And almost all of the movies about the cold war.
Not that I think you referred to any of those.
Posted by Milkman

Not really digging this "serious tone" business. There are plenty of serious FPS games out there. The biggest part of Bad Company 2's charm was it's goofy nature and if you take that away, it's just Battlefield. Not that there is anything particularly wrong with that...

Posted by Milpool

Snow levels... South America levels... War coming to American homefront... must... not... make... MW2 reference....   AAAAAAAAAAA
Posted by Adziboy

Sweet. I still play the first one to this day, and multiplayer is still one of my favourites. Everything was quality, especially the sound and this one sounds and looks even better.  

Hardcore sounds interesting if not all too similar to what everyone else is thinking of, but who cares? At least it's in there, because I did sometimes get frustrated at 2 hit sniper kills and people who seemed to soak up bullets. 

Graphics look vastly better, and I cannot wait to see what the gameplay is like. Most anticapated game of 2010 so far. (Oh, 'cept Heavy Rain, possibly God of War, and MAG is along the same lines);
Edited by Griddler

Yo Ryan I'ma let you finish, but Brad Shoemaker has the best interviews of all time!

Posted by darkjester74

Hardcore mode...thats a pleasant surprise.  If its done well it can mean a lot of success for this game.

Posted by Hashbrowns

Each time I think the current generation of consoles has gone as far as it can, there are games like this that still surprise and impress.
Posted by DrinkBourbon

I couldn't put down the beta when that was still going. Very excited for this game, although it sounds like I should probably get myself a copy of the first game and beat the campaign before March 2nd. 

Posted by Gspoon

My game plan for about 6 months.

Mass Effect 2,Bad Company 2, and God of War 3

Posted by mano521

they have hardcore modes? thats good i guess. i hope the regular mode is the same as it was in badcompany 1 though.  i dont mind if they make a hardcore mode wth no hud and more weapon damage, but dont change how the original was in the non hardcore modes 

cant fuckin wait for this game :D

Posted by anypti

Already pre-ordered it on Steam. Have really high hopes for this game.

Posted by Yzzerdd

Karl Magnus is one badass name!

Posted by poser

All the footage is from the 360 version and it still looks amazing. This game has sleeper hit written all over it.

Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell

I loved the first games single-player. Can't wait to jump into this campaign.

Posted by Creamypies

Russian's on American soil? That sounds a little too familiar.

Edited by Sweep

...Bad Company 2 has a single-player?

;)

Looks awesome!