99 Comments
  • 99 results
Posted by Demonstride

So in other words my pre-order is justified?

Posted by Spoonman671

Yeah!  Video interview!

According to the Battlefield Blog, Dice has really made a lot of good improvements since the PS3 beta.  I wish the beta was still on so I could see those changes in action, but I guess I'll just have to wait until the demo.

Posted by AddyMac

For BC3 I want serious men in ridiculous situations.

Posted by ptys

Those lights must be pretty hot!.. Ryan's sweating like no-body's business...

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

Looking forward to this shiz.

Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw
@MrKlorox said:
"@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

" The time-release preorder bullshit is pretty stupid, but other than that, this game looks fantastic.  I haven't really been able to get in to play a Battlefield game properly because of my color blindness, but I enjoy the hell out of watching friends play 'em. "

There are color blind people on the BC2 team at DICE. The UI colors have been improved for such circumstances.

From this FAQ:
  • Will BC2 support options for the colorblind (the green squad tags and red enemy tags are a problem to some people)? "We've got colorblind people at DICE, they're constantly giving feedback. We've made some adjustments." Source- Source

"

Holy crap!  That's fantastic!  Thank you so much for pointing that out.  I love the Battlefield gameplay, but I've never been able to do much more than support classes.  That's some awesome news, and I hope that kind of support spreads to other developers.
Posted by Jared

Damn this game looks good, I need a break from MW2.

Posted by White
@supermike6 said:
" Um, Killcam in Battlefield? That's weird. "
IIRC the concept of a "killcam" was implemented since the Quake days.
Posted by lilarchie232

Wow, that looks super impressive, just got marked up on my radar

Posted by KinjiroSSD

Day one

Posted by supermike6
@White said:
" @supermike6 said:
IIRC the concept of a "killcam" was implemented since the Quake days. "
But Battlefield has never had it. Not that I know of, at least.
Posted by Seppli

All love for Battlefield : Bad Company 2!

Posted by Frostburn

Heck yes, very excited about this!  My PC Group is shifting over to this from MW2 for sure when it hits, a lot of them have already pre-ordered it on Steam.  Having our own dedicated server will be a nice plus as well, no more matchmaking hell!

Posted by ThatFrood

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Russia again?

Posted by FireBurger
@supermike6 said:
" @White said:
" @supermike6 said:
But Battlefield has never had it. Not that I know of, at least. "
The killcam isn't like COD's. It simply zooms in close on the enemy who killed you and follows them for a few seconds. Still, it will be very nice to be able to play without it.
Posted by supermike6
@FireBurger said:
" @supermike6 said:
" @White said:
" @supermike6 said:
But Battlefield has never had it. Not that I know of, at least. "
The killcam isn't like COD's. It simply zooms in close on the enemy who killed you and follows them for a few seconds. Still, it will be very nice to be able to play without it. "
Oh, that's just like it was in Battlefield Heroes.
Posted by lacke

At this point, I don't really care about the campaign anymore. I'll playthrough it, and most likely enjoy it (I liked the first one) but it's the multiplayer that will get me hooked.  I'm also glad they are releasing a PC version this game.
Posted by mano521

i cant wait for the destruction 2.0.    i wanna bury people underneath blown up houses 
lol

Posted by Nemesis

lol, COD didn't do anything first, yes. But it sure as hell made a lot of features that Battlefield suddenly has, popular. 

Russian invasion.
Serious tone.
Hardcore mode.
etc...

Yeah, COD didn't do it first, but if it wasn't for it, these features wouldn't have been in the game anyways. I mean, they really called it Hardcore mode, instead of realism? Must be bitter that the Modern Military multiplayer crown has been taken away from them. 

Looks like they are trying to get the same audience as Modern Warfare, and there is no denying that. Too bad that they will ultimately fail, and the next shitty Treyarch COD will outsell this. 

Make Battlefield 3, and not these shitty Bad Company games, DICE! That is, if you want money...

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

oh man, i want this so bad. definitely a day one for me since i loved the first, but the adjusted tone and multiplayer makes it even more appealing. and i've gotta agree with AddyMac, serious men in ridiculous situations would make an awesome game :P

Posted by Seppli
@Nemesis said:
" lol, COD didn't do anything first, yes. But it sure as hell made a lot of features that Battlefield suddenly has, popular.   Russian invasion. Serious tone. Hardcore mode. etc...  Yeah, COD didn't do it first, but if it wasn't for it, these features wouldn't have been in the game anyways. I mean, they really called it Hardcore mode, instead of realism? Must be bitter that the Modern Military multiplayer crown has been taken away from them.   Looks like they are trying to get the same audience as Modern Warfare, and there is no denying that. Too bad that they will ultimately fail, and the next shitty Treyarch COD will outsell this.   Make Battlefield 3, and not these shitty Bad Company games, DICE! That is, if you want money... "

Like Battlefield : Bad Company 2 isn't every bit as much Battlefield than any iteration before it. It's even more so. It is the best Battlefield game yet. If you can't see that, well - your loss!
Posted by captain_clayman

DUDE.
this looks AWESOME!!!!

i'll get this when i get my epic PC

but i think i'll rent/buy the first one for PS3 just so i know what's going on.

Edited by jmrwacko
Looking good! :-)
Edited by prencher
@Frostburn:  Gordon Van Dyke have said they're not letting people run their own servers, including PC. It's all dedicated servers, but they're run by DICE, akin to an MMO. Same for the first Bad Company and for Battlefield 1943.
Posted by kagekage

Looks fucking awesome! I feel bad for my MW2 who's gonna be collecting dust when I get this ;)

Edited by Seppli
@prencher said:

" @Frostburn:  Gordon Van Dyke have said they're not letting people run their own servers, including PC. It's all dedicated servers, but they're run by DICE, akin to an MMO. Same for the first Bad Company and for Battlefield 1943. "

You can't run your own server from your own home  - but you can rent servers and run them as you wish. It's not DICE renting out the servers, but regular providers approved by DICE. That's for PC.

You were never able to rent servers for any cosole game.

And yes - all servers will be dedicated servers, since Frostbite games are too complex for P2P gaming.
Posted by MINIZTER

This makes me so proud of my country. You see, I come from Norway, a little part of a country called Scandinavia. Everybody knows that Scandinavia is the best country in the whole, wide world. And this is because of all the awesome stuff we bring to this planet. You know. Stuff like Volvo, Abba, Ericsson and of course, Dice. I love Scandinavia, the best country in this solar system.

Edited by FrankCanada97
@Nemesis said:

" lol, COD didn't do anything first, yes. But it sure as hell made a lot of features that Battlefield suddenly has, popular.   Russian invasion. Serious tone. Hardcore mode. etc...  Yeah, COD didn't do it first, but if it wasn't for it, these features wouldn't have been in the game anyways. I mean, they really called it Hardcore mode, instead of realism? Must be bitter that the Modern Military multiplayer crown has been taken away from them.   Looks like they are trying to get the same audience as Modern Warfare, and there is no denying that. Too bad that they will ultimately fail, and the next shitty Treyarch COD will outsell this.   Make Battlefield 3, and not these shitty Bad Company games, DICE! That is, if you want money... "

Well, obviously they are trying to get the COD crowd, it's called marketing. Anyways, aside from the premise of the singleplayer, there isn't anything remotely similar between the two games.
Posted by uhtingly

This game look so sick!!!

Posted by dunc12

ohhhh man, this looks crazy good :D

Posted by FrankCanada97

I don't know if any of you remember, but the first Bad Company was given 5 Stars by Jeff, and this already looks much better than the first.

Posted by lamegame621

Bad Company 2: I Can See Russia From My House Edition

Posted by Giantsquirrel
@lamegame621 said:
" Bad Company 2: I Can See Russia From My House Edition "
PALIN WAS RIGHT
Posted by Meteora

The graphics looks gorgeous without the grain from BC1. I kid you not.

Posted by Rowr

game looks much tighter than the first.

Posted by MrKlorox
@Meteora said:
" The graphics looks gorgeous without the grain from BC1. I kid you not. "
They'd still look gorgeous with it as well.
Posted by VanderSEXXX
@kagekage said:
" Looks fucking awesome! I feel bad for my MW2 who's gonna be collecting dust when I get this ;) "
Thats the same thing Im gonna do when this comes out. lol
Posted by sheira

Awesome. Pre-ordered on steam. :)

Posted by TwoOneFive

the story annoys me. these guys should have gotten the gold wtf.  
and now they're fightin the good fight. against the russians... who are invading the us... 
this is fucking lame. 

Posted by MrKlorox
@TwoOneFive said:
" the story annoys me. these guys should have gotten the gold wtf.  and now they're fightin the good fight. against the russians... who are invading the us... this is fucking lame.  "
They got the gold; they just didn't get to keep it. And DICE said there will be another force driving the team that they haven't announced yet. So don't rule out the greed just yet.

Also in the singleplayer trailer, you can notice gold bars raining down from the sky at some point. I don't think we've seen the last of the gold saga.
Posted by JWawin

Great interview, I wasn't a big fan of the 1st Bad Company but this one looks great!

Edited by SCHULTZ
@MINIZTER said:

"This makes me so proud of my country. You see, I come from Norway, a little part of a country called Scandinavia. Everybody knows that Scandinavia is the best country in the whole, wide world. And this is because of all the awesome stuff we bring to this planet. You know. Stuff like Volvo, Abba, Ericsson and of course, Dice. I love Scandinavia, the best country in this solar system. "

Googled pics of Norway.  I'm totally jealous - what  a beautiful place!  You are lucky to live there.  

..Vid is not loading for me.  :(
Posted by UrbanMerc

Played the PS3 BETA of this. I liked it better than MW2. The backgrounds in this game are beautiful. This game is so much fun. I will be buying this one on PC though.
Edited by prencher
@Seppli said:

" @prencher said:

" @Frostburn:  Gordon Van Dyke have said they're not letting people run their own servers, including PC. It's all dedicated servers, but they're run by DICE, akin to an MMO. Same for the first Bad Company and for Battlefield 1943. "

You can't run your own server from your own home  - but you can rent servers and run them as you wish. It's not DICE renting out the servers, but regular providers approved by DICE. That's for PC.  You were never able to rent servers for any cosole game.  And yes - all servers will be dedicated servers, since Frostbite games are too complex for P2P gaming. "

I wasn't aware they were letting people rent servers. That seems like a good way to give people their own servers while not exposing the server code to hacking -- assuming some renting partner doesn't leak it.
Posted by Jimbo

Gotta say, this looks pretty fantastic.

Fair warning:  If Haggard is voiced by Nolan North I will kill everybody.

Posted by FrankCanada97
@prencher said:
" @Seppli said:

" @prencher said:

You can't run your own server from your own home  - but you can rent servers and run them as you wish. It's not DICE renting out the servers, but regular providers approved by DICE. That's for PC.  You were never able to rent servers for any cosole game.  And yes - all servers will be dedicated servers, since Frostbite games are too complex for P2P gaming. "
 I wasn't aware they were letting people rent servers. That seems like a good way to give people their own servers while not exposing the server code to hacking -- assuming some renting partner doesn't leak it. "
I'm pretty sure they've been doing that for a long time in the Battlefield series.
Posted by Seppli
@prencher said:
" @Seppli said:

" @prencher said:

I wasn't aware they were letting people rent servers. That seems like a good way to give people their own servers while not exposing the server code to hacking -- assuming some renting partner doesn't leak it. "

You will get remote access to control the server settings to your liking, within the boundries of said remote control program. DICE just won't give out the server files to try to keep hackz out of the game as best as they can and make sure the servers the game runs on are up to the task.
Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n
@KinjiroSSD: 

Day -30   :P  - I already pre ordered the game and with it PC BETA access FTW! 
Posted by Media_Master

Destruction !!!!!!!!!!