162 Comments
  • 162 results
Posted by spilledmilkfactory

looks either fun or frustrating. maybe both. either way, i want this. but not as much as heavy rain or bioshock 2.

Posted by scottp

Yes!

Posted by TomA

Pretty fun to play as the aliens and the predator, playing as marines is ok but its not as fun, its really freaky though!

Posted by HistoryInRust

Haha. Oh fuck. Vinny's Waylon Jennings comment killed me. I was laughing for about ten minutes.

Posted by Sin4profit
@PlasmaBeam44 said:
" I, like Drew, played the hell out of AvP2 and since a few days ago it was the only AvP game I had played. It's one of my favorite games. I just recently played the first (got it on Steam for $5) and it's not as good as AvP2. "
ya think? I thought AVP 2 was too watered down compared to the first, as far as gameplay, but 2 had a better story...and one of the marines had the heat miser painted on his armor, so that's extra points right there.
trying to buy AVP classic on steam now but they're down for maintenance.
Posted by Sin4profit
@My_Big_Boss said:
" why not team deathmacth? "
exactly...who the hell wants to play everyone against everyone in AVP...what were they thinking?
Posted by BigDre

FYI there's a Vasquez reference for those WoW players.   She's in Northrend wearing that red head band.

Posted by TheIneffableBob

Matchmaking is shit.

Posted by drowsap

the demo is awsome im sold on the multi player lets just hope the single player game can hold up and not suck

Posted by Alex_Murphy

Hearing them talk about the Alien movies kinda reminded me how much the series started to fall apart after Aliens.

Edited by CashBailey
@Pancakemix said:

" After playing this for awhile on PC watching it being played on a 360 is almost painful. "

I can imagine.

This will be bad-ass on the PC. If it ever gets released  here, that is.
Posted by spiceninja
@Sin4profit: After playing the original AvP it just feels dated. You have limited saves per level, if you die and haven't saved then you have to start the entire level over again even if the level is upwards of an hour long, I keep getting lost because there isn't a real sense of direction. AvP2 feels much more modern and more forgiving for sure. After playing and loving AvP2 fist I just find it hard to go back to the original.
Posted by Vasta_Narada

No love or Gid3on I see :P I wonder how much the GB guys get spammed by friend invites?

Posted by Reverseface

There right this demo doens't really represent the game very well. at the very least it should of been team DM.

Posted by Sin4profit
@PlasmaBeam44:  funny thing is you only got saves at all in the gold edition of AVP...the original retail had no in mission saves at all (only between missions). But yeah, AVP 2 was by far a better designed game it just lacked the intensity i felt from the original at the time.
Posted by sandwich_adjustment

multiplayer menu font looks like mw2

Posted by Sin4profit

About the Predator's fishnets:  i read in the comics somewhere that the fishnets are there to regulate their body temperature in different climates. [fun fact]

Posted by CitizenJP

Drew and Dave need more game time imo. :P

Posted by Soap
@Vasta_Narada said:
" No love or Gid3on I see :P I wonder how much the GB guys get spammed by friend invites? "
It's got to be a ridiculous amount. Gotta be some downsides to the job I guess :/
Posted by Linkyshinks

This demo's not a good reflection of the final game.

Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles
@spilledmilkfactory said:
"looks either fun or frustrating. maybe both. either way, i want this. but not as much as heavy rain or bioshock 2. "
Posted by elcalavera

Seems kind of stupid only having deathmatch in the demo.

Posted by Dante_the_Jedi

The Demo is really not a good reflection of the game, or at lest the multiplayer on PC as the full game will have real severs and sever lists. So that will be a good thing, really looking forward to this game I hope the single player holds up well.

Posted by piropeople13

"You can hear their fans turn on when they're thinking real hard" 

XD

Posted by Rhaknar

i like that drew is getting more involved, he was on the bombcast, this quicklook and even on the new bombcast art... 2010 is the year of the drew clearly. next up, dave!

Posted by JackSukeru

AvP2 was one of the few games that I played online a lot. Will definetly want to check out this demo, is it on PSN to?

Posted by narked

i think it's quite engaging and just for 23 eu its a must buy. i hope the single player is scary and engaging cause the multi looks great :D

Posted by Battsey

Ha, Ryan might actually wanna use the motion tracker too.

Posted by MagikGimp

Is it just me or does this look about three years too dated?

Posted by CptBedlam
@Sin4profit: He was right, though... AVP2 was watered down compared to the first one. AVP1 was by far scarier and harder than the second one. Also I thought they catched the atmosphere of the Alien movies way better in the Marine campaign.
Posted by Borodin
@Pancakemix said:
" After playing this for awhile on PC watching it being played on a 360 is almost painful. "
Really? I *tried* playing on PC yesterday and after about 30 minutes of "matchmaking" I got a single game in (they've patched it twice I think since and it's much smoother) and tbh I preferred the console version.  

With basically no graphics options in the demo for PC the lack of anti-aliasing was a little bleh and the lighting seemed less subtle and generally less atmospheric than on 360 to me - also, and I know this is totally subjective, when I used the sticks on the controller it mapped 1:1 to how I felt I *should* be moving but with the mouse I felt like they'd tried keeping the movement the same by dropping the default sensitivity a little on the low side. I'm certainly not seeing any night and day difference in either platforms favour though.
Edited by Zalasta

Looks generic (as a marine).  Not to mention the fact that the alien players requires darkness to compete so the maps will most likely always limited to indoor with lots of shadows.  I'd imagine it'd get old fast.

Posted by Stinky51012

brb this looks like ass
Posted by MildMolasses

Whoa guys, how about some spoiler warnings before you go talking about 13-30 year old films
Posted by Adziboy

Game > This Quicklook. 

As a soldier, and watching the first few seconds, you couldn't have done more wrong. 

Stay towards walls as you go round corners, check motion tracker, block if you get attacked and then they get stunned for a bit and don't waste your ammo shooting up rooms if there's nothing there. You can also pick up new weapons which I found are better, and you can switch weapons with the D-pad. You can also switch to a pistol.

Posted by Alphawolfy

They went on a 6 kill streak and then died like 5 times in a row;  I was almost expecting some sort of special power for the killstreak or the deathstreak. :P

Posted by Deluge

I thought alien blood was acidic?
Posted by PenguinDust

Being a Marine in standard multiplayer was always a crap job and still seems to be.  Predators were over powered on the PC game and Aliens were vulnerable unless in groups then they were deadly.

I'm gunna kick all dem aliens ass...
Posted by Haseo

Play this game wasn't impressed to clunky and the grab train was stupid one to avoid

Posted by El_Rickhead

the controls for the alien don't seem too pleasent, i think i would enjoy playing as the marines the most tbh

Posted by Subject2Change

Game looks fucking awful...

Posted by Arne

@Drew, 

That pipe sure as hell is one of the scariest monsters in gaming history!! 

p.s Could we merge Dave and Drew and cerate a Daewster who loves aliens and pc games? Would be my new favourite GB employee!

Edited by myslead

no offense, but that was a poor display of AvP skill at the beginning ahah

Posted by doodle_robot

looks boring as hell...  granted it was deathmatch.  they went way over the top with the sync kills.  after 5 minutes they were already getting old.  so unless the other game modes are AMAZING which i doubt i must say...  

/pass

Posted by Jimbo

Ahhh, toe-to-toe combat in first-person... still terrible.

Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN

Have to say, looks pretty badass.

Posted by MeatSim

Being a Space Marine is still the worst job ever.

Posted by mrcraggle

Woah what's with all the hate on this game? After playing the demo (on PC and 360) I rather enjoyed it. This quick look doesn't really do the game justice as most quick looks don't. The game has a great atmosphere as a marine you're the most vulnerable but the easiest to play as, as they're the most generic but the motion tracker is really useful but like it says don't depend on it as if an enemy is close, they might not be on the same level as you are. Playing as an alien or a predator are far more interesting but much harder to play as. With the alien you can crawl anywhere, destroy lights to hide in darkness and move the quickest but it can be disorientating when you first play. And playing as a predator is more like a combo between the marine and the alien but requires the most amount of skill to play as you don't have a tracker like the marines nor are you able to see through walls like the aliens. But you do have the ability to cloak, use your claws and gather the spear which is a one hit kill and the shoulder gun but on the PC version, it doesn't tell you the controls so I never learnt how to use them.

Posted by Slayeric

On the subject of 5 Predators vs. Batman. Predators view other skilled warriors as equals. Batman would get his ass kicked, but live. After a good 2 hours or so of trading blows the Predators, and presumably one Predator death on Batmans hands, the other 4 would leave Batman alone and leave behind their fallen comrades equipment as a trophy for Bats. Yes, sounds nice and dandy and all, but the only reason why I know this would happen is because there is already a comic book about this.

There is also the so-much-overkill-it's-funny story Superman and Batman vs. Predators and Aliens. It's actually really awful and I can't recommend staying away from it enough. Seriously. The concept is awesome but the story was atrocious.

Posted by RandomInternetUser
@Adziboy said:
"

Game > This Quicklook. 

As a soldier, and watching the first few seconds, you couldn't have done more wrong. 

Stay towards walls as you go round corners, check motion tracker, block if you get attacked and then they get stunned for a bit and don't waste your ammo shooting up rooms if there's nothing there. You can also pick up new weapons which I found are better, and you can switch weapons with the D-pad. You can also switch to a pistol.

"
Yeah, definitely not played to the game's full potential.  I had so much fun playing the demo.
  • 162 results