106 Comments
  • 106 results
Posted by ch13696

If this sells well then maybe we'll see other ports.

Edited by devosion

This is Square-Enix milking its franchise, and you, for all it's worth.

Posted by Orange_Pork
@Detrian said:
" So how many of you folks going "ONSCREEN CONTROLS DONT WORK" have actually played a good game with onscreen controls? "
Why would they be saying that onscreen controls don't work if they've played a good game with onscreen controls?
Posted by Computerplayer1
@iAmJohn said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
" Now if I could just afford a damn iPhone... "
I really hope you're not being serious. "
Could I afford it? Yes. My concept of affording something lies more in whether or not it is a good use for that money. Where I could spend $200 for a phone and another $100 a month to get all the use out of it is irrelevant. I can't afford an iPhone if I'm only going to use it for talk and text -- which is all I want out of a phone currently. "
Get an Ipod Touch then? "
....Also $200 lol. I have far better uses for $200. Like sit on it. "
You misunderstand me.  My point was questioning why one of the things that would make you want an iPhone is, of all things, another port of Final fucking Fantasy, which not only isn't that great, but you can play it on five million other systems that you probably own. "
Ah yes, that makes much more sense. Internet beats me again at deciphering sentences.
Edited by HypotheticalSolution76

I seriously considered purchasing the PSP version of FF1, and after arguing with myself, I decided that since I argued too much, i mustn't have needed a purchase. The game holds such a strong meaning for me that the Virtual Console version also held great interest.

...and now the Ipod Touch gets its own available copy. I feel like Tommy Lee Jones from Men in Black when he comments, "Now I'll have to buy the Beatles White Album again..."

Posted by Mechanized

This is exactly what I wanted. Now I want to know why exactly they haven't put FF1&2 up on PSN for PSP or the PSX classic renditions.

Posted by Detrian

So how many of you folks going "ONSCREEN CONTROLS DONT WORK" have actually played a good game with onscreen controls?

Posted by juanvaldes

I'd be all over this if I didn't already own them on the GBA cart. 

Posted by JoelTGM
@clubsammich said:
" The iPhone still has a long way to go to be recognized as a legitimate gaming platform. I mean, who would buy the damn thing just to play some games from the app store. Maybe if Apple made an iPhone just for gaming, and it would have to be cheaper than the actual iPhone. "
Well it is a gaming platform, and it has loads of games, including many classics and many unique clever games.  It's just one more platform to release a game.  For example, I'm playing Plants Vs. Zombies on it, and it is an incredibly addicting game.  I have two full pages of games on there that I paid for, and all of them are quality games.  You don't buy it to play a few games off the app store, you buy it as a portable media device.  It's extremely portable and convenient; when I'm out there's no reason why I shouldn't carry it with me.
Posted by ptys

Nos-Con... "Square Enix Presents"!.. Give me a break... although I would buy it if I had an iPhone.

Posted by deyanne

i have to say this is the first time i see a "real" game ported to the iphone/pod that looks like it might work. curious to see more about this. only downside is these aren't exactly games you just play in quick 15-20min sessions which is what the iphone is best suited for

Posted by lilarchie232

I wonder how the controls will turn out, if they aren't screwed up and if it comes out relatively cheap, I'd consider getting it

Posted by ryoma122

makes me wanna dig out my psp port once again

Edited by clubsammich
@CrashTanuki said:

" @clubsammich said:

" The iPhone still has a long way to go to be recognized as a legitimate gaming platform. I mean, who would buy the damn thing just to play some games from the app store. Maybe if Apple made an iPhone just for gaming, and it would have to be cheaper than the actual iPhone. "
It's called an iPod Touch and it's $100 cheaper. I wouldn't say it's great for any type of game or that it's a legitimate gaming platform, but you could easily buy one just to play games and be satisfied if you know the limitations of the system. "
I keep forgetting about the iPod Touch. I guess someone could justify a purchase if they only wanted to use it for games, but what I'm saying is; When people think of the iPhone/iPod Touch, they probably don't think of games, and I'm sure Apple doesn't either.
Posted by august
@Darkstar614 said:
" Ugh. They have released these on PSP already which seems like the superior platform for these games because of the controls. I expect the controls on the iphone to be pretty garbage. But we'll see I guess? this just seems desperate. "
I'm going to guess there are a lot of people out there who own iphones and not psps. Those people might want to play Final Fantasy. Now they can.

There you go.
Posted by CrashTanuki
@clubsammich said:
It's called an iPod Touch and it's $100 cheaper. I wouldn't say it's great for any type of game or that it's a legitimate gaming platform, but you could easily buy one just to play games and be satisfied if you know the limitations of the system.
Posted by TobyD81

Cool...seems like a turn-based RPG should work fine on iPhone. It'd be nice if they stuck in some touch-and-drag inventory management, but who knows?

Posted by BunkerBuster

Yep, the nostalgia has got me. Day one purchase confirmed.

Posted by Darkstar614

Ugh. They have released these on PSP already which seems like the superior platform for these games because of the controls. I expect the controls on the iphone to be pretty garbage. But we'll see I guess? this just seems desperate.

Posted by clubsammich

The iPhone still has a long way to go to be recognized as a legitimate gaming platform. I mean, who would buy the damn thing just to play some games from the app store. Maybe if Apple made an iPhone just for gaming, and it would have to be cheaper than the actual iPhone.

Posted by iAmJohn
@Computerplayer1 said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
Could I afford it? Yes. My concept of affording something lies more in whether or not it is a good use for that money. Where I could spend $200 for a phone and another $100 a month to get all the use out of it is irrelevant. I can't afford an iPhone if I'm only going to use it for talk and text -- which is all I want out of a phone currently. "
....Also $200 lol. I have far better uses for $200. Like sit on it. "
You misunderstand me.  My point was questioning why one of the things that would make you want an iPhone is, of all things, another port of Final fucking Fantasy, which not only isn't that great, but you can play it on five million other systems that you probably own.
Posted by MrPickles

What do you know. I have this, on my PSP, right now... Yay for more ports!

Edited by Burns098356GX

I'd maybe get one if they were like 5 dollars, or less. Considering I know I can these 20 year old games off the net for free.

Posted by Synthballs

Lets all rush out to a game released a bajillion times already!

Fucking stupid.

@CL60 said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
....Also $200 lol. I have far better uses for $200. Like sit on it.
Posted by CL60
@Computerplayer1 said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
Get an Ipod Touch then?
Posted by DeadMonkeys

Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II, now only $20 each on the app store!
-Square Enix

Posted by Mushir

Wait, what?

Posted by Hector

You gotta be joking...

Posted by nrain

DO WANT!

Posted by Zaapp1

Touch-based controls for a turn-based rpg might actually work well, though map movement will still be a hassle...

Posted by Daniel_Newton

This seems pretty pointless unless you have never played any of the other releases of the games and you don't have a PSP or a GBA. I imagine it's better with real buttons. I played some of the first one on the PSP, it was alright, got stuck and stopped playing it though.

Posted by Bummey

Why do people still care about Final Fantasy 1 and 2?

@iAmJohn said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
Could I afford it? Yes. My concept of affording something lies more in whether or not it is a good use for that money. Where I could spend $200 for a phone and another $100 a month to get all the use out of it is irrelevant. I can't afford an iPhone if I'm only going to use it for talk and text -- which is all I want out of a phone currently.
Posted by GagnarTheUnruly

Oh, man, it's in French or something.

Posted by Beforet

Was this really needed after they were ported to both GBA and PSP already?

Posted by iAmJohn
@Computerplayer1 said:
I really hope you're not being serious.
Posted by Dr_Feelgood38

It's about damn time.

Posted by EvGar
@DRE7777: 
Well I saw a tap controller onscreen, and in my book any iphone game that has to rely on that is not.... wonderful. But this is Final Fantasy, so I'll cut it some slack.

Now if I could just afford a damn iPhone...

Posted by DRE7777

Hopefully the controls wont suck even though it should be fairly simple to do

Posted by JJOR64

I want a remake of Dragon Warrior dammit.   :(

Posted by Frederik
@b33 said:
" @Atomasist said:
" Fantasy! "
Final! "
Enchantment!
Posted by get2sammyb

I'll probably buy these.

Posted by iAmJohn

Finally!  I can play that game I've been able to play numerous times on numerous consoles and didn't like each and every time on my cell phone!

Posted by AURON570

i just love the final fantasy theme, so many memories

Posted by b33
@Atomasist said:
" Fantasy! "
Final!
Posted by Griddler

Meh, not for me

Posted by Atomasist

Fantasy!

Posted by Osphere
@TheMustacheHero said: