178 Comments
  • 178 results
Posted by chogi

if you guys are moving, i demand a tour of the new office!!! and i mean all of it, even the developers/tested/comic vine/anime vice area!

Posted by Fei

Jeff.... you sprint WAAAAAY too much. Good watch, though.

Posted by misplacedcircus

Any time I see/hear anyone that does commentary while playing competitive games, my heart goes out to them.

Posted by Fbomb
@warxsnake said:
"  honestly, first quicklook where it felt more like a commercial for the product, desperately trying to justify this map pack's worth.  Compare this pile of shit to the days of ut2k4 where you got 40 (awesome) maps for free.      "
And it probably took half the man total man hours to put all 40 of them together too. Times have changed, move on. Free is no longer an internet business model like it was a few years ago, so if you think paying for maps is bad, I'm pretty sure this is only the beginning.
Posted by Gregomasta

The vengeance poster has me thinking.

Posted by lolak47

u moving to new office :O ?

Posted by Pet_Assassin
@TadThuggish said:
" Wait wait wait.  Did I hear that right, are you guys moving to a new office? "
I know, for my money, the most interesting thing in this QL.
Posted by LiK

$15 not worth it. thanks for the QL.

Posted by ArchScabby

jeez at least when Bungie remade Halo maps they changed the look.  These look exactly the same.

Edited by AndrewB

I'm too old to re-learn aiming with gamepad controls to a level where I can play against other people.

And why do people keep trying to justify the price by saying they're really good maps? I don't think the rational among us are trying to contest that. I only contest the fact that it cost them little to nothing to port over an existing map onto a sequel that uses the same engine. Again, I guess I'm just an old gamer, having been through the Valve era of having a bunch of old Counter-Strike maps rebuilt from the ground up and ported across clearly different engines and released for free. Hell, before Turtle Rock was fully acquired by Valve they built the CS bot, which was, again, released for free in an update. Berate me all you want, but I miss those days.

Posted by jmrwacko
@Olivaw said:
" I would really like to play Modern Warfare 2 someday.  Once they stop asking SIXTY FUCKING DOLLARS for the PC version maybe. "
This.
Posted by gamermatt8

woah, can't believe they missed it but after they played on favela before they left the lobby Salvage was shown as the next map to play, so i guess they throw it in with the other maps right away, unlike what they did on WaW.

Posted by GioVANNI

Put your button layout on tactical.  Crouching with the right analog stick is really, really useful.

Posted by Swish

Matchmaking isn't broken, it only now finally works for Australians. For some reason the update actually puts us in green connections and it is brillant

Posted by Marconi88
@TadThuggish:  
I think them moving may be part of the big news they teased on twitter and the podcast. 
Posted by Barrier
@TadThuggish: i heard it too and was all like "stop the fucking presses! since when has this news been out?!?!?!"
Posted by retwakm

lol at them sucking.

Posted by TadThuggish

Wait wait wait.  Did I hear that right, are you guys moving to a new office?

Posted by DoctorWelch

Dont ask my why, but for some reason watching this quicklook is making me want to play halo lol.

Edited by fox01313

Glad to see that Jeff & I pick the same gear types of heavy machine gun & missiles, hard to not go with such a good combination. Love the movie posters & remembering fondly when other games used to do this a lot to decorate their levels.   

Would have liked the video game cabinets in this game to show a loop of the last kill or death. I always thought that the Crash map needed the helicopter to occasionally start up the rotor to kill anyone nearby similar to the map in TF2 with the train.

Posted by CitizenKane

TAKE THAT, SCIENCE!

Posted by DystopiaX
@BeefWaterfall said:
" @PhannIOUS said:
" it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? 
I'm actually still baffled how people can be good at this game.  I think MW2 is probably the hardest FPS game I've ever played.  I mean, I find it even harder than the first America's Army (which people died real fast). I've done fairly well at America's Army, Counter Strike, Halo 1-3, all the Rainbow Six games, all the Battlefield games . . . and I tell you, I absolutely blow chunks at MW2. My typical score is like 5 kills and 11 deaths. Once in a long while I'll get maybe 17-19 kills and about 15 deaths. My best score ever was 22 kills. I only did that ONCE. The only people that seem to be on XBOX when I log on are people that can 360 jump and headshot you with an Intervention while doing their taxes. It also doesn't help that in "Modern Warfare" ... when there's a guy with a knife running straight toward a guy with a gun shooting him in the chest, neck, and face... the guy with the knife usually wins. The game is gorgeous but man, I rarely have fun playing it.  I think I would've stopped long ago if my friends weren't playing it. "
I think it's more that it requires so little skill someone can pick up the game, figure out how to move sprint and shoot, then spend the rest of the game running around like a dumbass spraying his gun and still have a positive K/D.
Posted by BeefWaterfall
@PhannIOUS said:
" it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? 
I'm actually still baffled how people can be good at this game. 

I think MW2 is probably the hardest FPS game I've ever played.  I mean, I find it even harder than the first America's Army (which people died real fast). I've done fairly well at America's Army, Counter Strike, Halo 1-3, all the Rainbow Six games, all the Battlefield games . . . and I tell you, I absolutely blow chunks at MW2. My typical score is like 5 kills and 11 deaths. Once in a long while I'll get maybe 17-19 kills and about 15 deaths. My best score ever was 22 kills. I only did that ONCE.

The only people that seem to be on XBOX when I log on are people that can 360 jump and headshot you with an Intervention while doing their taxes. It also doesn't help that in "Modern Warfare" ... when there's a guy with a knife running straight toward a guy with a gun shooting him in the chest, neck, and face... the guy with the knife usually wins.

The game is gorgeous but man, I rarely have fun playing it.  I think I would've stopped long ago if my friends weren't playing it.
Posted by warxsnake

honestly, first quicklook where it felt more like a commercial for the product, desperately trying to justify this map pack's worth.  
Compare this pile of shit to the days of ut2k4 where you got 40 (awesome) maps for free.     

Posted by fillmoejoe

Bailout's the only map that interests me.

Posted by beebopaloobopawopshamboo
@PhannIOUS: Yes, dance my little puppets, dance!
Posted by yakov456
@PhannIOUS said:
" it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? Change career path please. Maybe just review side scrolling mystery games... "
You sound like one of those fucktards that was posting during the Super Street Fighter 4 live gameplay session. Who gives a shit how good they are at a game, we are here to get their opinions on the game, not critique their skills. I hate you sir.
Posted by Under_Influenz
@PhannIOUS: Isn't this the part where you say: April Fools!
Posted by mrcraggle

Does anyone know if they fixed the knife thing yet? I basically gave up playing this about a month ago when people were stabbing me at the top of stair cases and were clearly no where near me.

Posted by kerikxi
@PhannIOUS:  You know what part of being a professional videogame reviewer is? Playing a shitload of games. You play a different game every day and see how good you get at any one of them.
Posted by SunkenState
@PhannIOUS said:
" it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? Change career path please. Maybe just review side scrolling mystery games... "
Christ, Jeff even said it in the quicklook, he can't devote his whole day to playing just one game, even though he would like to with MW2, he's got a job where he has to learn about, play and review a ton of other games, jackass.
Posted by EpicSteve
@PhannIOUS said:
They don't spend time getting good at games. I have the same play style, I playmost stuff that comes out, beat it, and move on. A master at nothing, really. They don't have time.
Edited by heatDrive88
@PhannIOUS said:

"it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? Change career path please. Maybe just review side scrolling mystery games... "

Good fucking grief, go back under a bridge you useless troll. Being good at playing a video game has nothing to do with being able to professionally review them.  

Last time I checked, people played video games for fun, not to show off impressive kill/death ratios, but because of idiots like you and probably more than 50% of people who play MW2, that has clearly changed.
Posted by Bennyishere

OK, so they suck at games, what's your point? They're still the coolest people on the internet.

Posted by JJWeatherman

The office is moving?!

Edited by Kefkaesque
@PhannIOUS said:

How do you suck at GoW? You just punch the buttons until everything dies.

Also, they review games for a living. That means they play a game enough to review it, then they stop playing it and move on to other game. Not to mention playing + talking means you're not concentrating on the game.
Posted by George_Hukas
@PhannIOUS said:
And Brad was just bringing this one down.. seriously what a negative nancy lol
Posted by roscoe

woah, all the new textures in the 2 old maps are messing my shit up

Posted by DukesT3

Was that pedobear in the first party Jeff was in...? dude... 

Posted by PhannIOUS

it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? Change career path please. Maybe just review side scrolling mystery games...

Posted by _Horde
@Death_Burnout: I agree with you. Our surströmming can only be referred to as a bomb. 
Posted by CouncilSpectre

I wish I could stay as calm as Jeff when I get owned that bad, but damn it, I can't.  So I don't play MW2 anymore.
Posted by solidussnake03

no i won't buy your overpriced dlc Kotick.

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

some people haven't figured this out yet, but if an enemy sets off a nuke, you can hide in that fridge and you'll be just fine xD

Posted by Soap
@Dirty_Harry said:
" Giantbomb moving?! "
Yeah, wtf?! When? where!?
Posted by DukeTogo
@Korone said:
" giantbomb moving sounds like really clever april fools to me "
They have inferred it before elsewhere multiple times.
Posted by Xeiphyer
@Lambert said:
" 5 maps for $15 = $3 per map 3 maps for $10 = $3.33 per map  What is the big deal? You brought it on yourself by buying the stupid, and overpriced $10 map packs. What did you expect?  You can blame the idiotic Halo fanboys for buying the overpriced $10 map packs back in the Halo 2 days with their mother's credit card. "
Except that 2 of those maps are old maps so your math isn't quite right. I don't want to play old maps, I played them before.

Posted by buckybit
@Death_Burnout: yeah, I remember them talking about moving too.  

Since the Whiskey-Duders had a recent money-injection, I am glad for the GB-crew to get rid of this small basement. Let's face it 5 - 6 Personas in such a small cabin can be smelly at times, and it is really hard to play/write reviews or be on the phone with PR, while others have to do a video at the same time etc? 

I would be happy if they are allowed an office closer to where they live. Sure, we all will be sad if Ryan and Jeff stop doing the commute iPhone ustreams home, but they would be glad. 

Let's see.
Posted by Roger_Klotz

Brad mentioned organic chemistry. Awesome!!!

Posted by Death_Burnout

Actually wait...now thinking about it, they've subtly been talking about moving for a long time, im recalling a lot of it on the bombcast...

one thing that springs to mind is the talk about leaving that swedish fish bomb thing in the office, implying they will leave it there.

so yeah, im fairly sure, they're moving out, which sucks, many many fond memories of that basement starting out, but change is healthy and good, especially when it's not me having to do most of the changing.

• 178 results