178 Comments
  • 178 results
Posted by Under_Influenz
@PhannIOUS: Isn't this the part where you say: April Fools!
Posted by yakov456
@PhannIOUS said:
" it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? Change career path please. Maybe just review side scrolling mystery games... "
You sound like one of those fucktards that was posting during the Super Street Fighter 4 live gameplay session. Who gives a shit how good they are at a game, we are here to get their opinions on the game, not critique their skills. I hate you sir.
Posted by beebopaloobopawopshamboo
@PhannIOUS: Yes, dance my little puppets, dance!
Posted by fillmoejoe

Bailout's the only map that interests me.

Posted by warxsnake

honestly, first quicklook where it felt more like a commercial for the product, desperately trying to justify this map pack's worth.  
Compare this pile of shit to the days of ut2k4 where you got 40 (awesome) maps for free.     

Posted by BeefWaterfall
@PhannIOUS said:
" it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? 
I'm actually still baffled how people can be good at this game. 

I think MW2 is probably the hardest FPS game I've ever played.  I mean, I find it even harder than the first America's Army (which people died real fast). I've done fairly well at America's Army, Counter Strike, Halo 1-3, all the Rainbow Six games, all the Battlefield games . . . and I tell you, I absolutely blow chunks at MW2. My typical score is like 5 kills and 11 deaths. Once in a long while I'll get maybe 17-19 kills and about 15 deaths. My best score ever was 22 kills. I only did that ONCE.

The only people that seem to be on XBOX when I log on are people that can 360 jump and headshot you with an Intervention while doing their taxes. It also doesn't help that in "Modern Warfare" ... when there's a guy with a knife running straight toward a guy with a gun shooting him in the chest, neck, and face... the guy with the knife usually wins.

The game is gorgeous but man, I rarely have fun playing it.  I think I would've stopped long ago if my friends weren't playing it.
Posted by DystopiaX
@BeefWaterfall said:
" @PhannIOUS said:
" it is kinda annoying that the people who review the games for me are so awful at the games. Ryan sucked at GOWIII and jeff blows at MW2. How can you seriously blow at MW2? With an LMG? 
I'm actually still baffled how people can be good at this game.  I think MW2 is probably the hardest FPS game I've ever played.  I mean, I find it even harder than the first America's Army (which people died real fast). I've done fairly well at America's Army, Counter Strike, Halo 1-3, all the Rainbow Six games, all the Battlefield games . . . and I tell you, I absolutely blow chunks at MW2. My typical score is like 5 kills and 11 deaths. Once in a long while I'll get maybe 17-19 kills and about 15 deaths. My best score ever was 22 kills. I only did that ONCE. The only people that seem to be on XBOX when I log on are people that can 360 jump and headshot you with an Intervention while doing their taxes. It also doesn't help that in "Modern Warfare" ... when there's a guy with a knife running straight toward a guy with a gun shooting him in the chest, neck, and face... the guy with the knife usually wins. The game is gorgeous but man, I rarely have fun playing it.  I think I would've stopped long ago if my friends weren't playing it. "
I think it's more that it requires so little skill someone can pick up the game, figure out how to move sprint and shoot, then spend the rest of the game running around like a dumbass spraying his gun and still have a positive K/D.
Posted by CitizenKane

TAKE THAT, SCIENCE!

Edited by fox01313

Glad to see that Jeff & I pick the same gear types of heavy machine gun & missiles, hard to not go with such a good combination. Love the movie posters & remembering fondly when other games used to do this a lot to decorate their levels.   

Would have liked the video game cabinets in this game to show a loop of the last kill or death. I always thought that the Crash map needed the helicopter to occasionally start up the rotor to kill anyone nearby similar to the map in TF2 with the train.

Posted by DoctorWelch

Dont ask my why, but for some reason watching this quicklook is making me want to play halo lol.

Posted by TadThuggish

Wait wait wait.  Did I hear that right, are you guys moving to a new office?

Posted by retwakm

lol at them sucking.

Posted by Barrier
@TadThuggish: i heard it too and was all like "stop the fucking presses! since when has this news been out?!?!?!"
Posted by Marconi88
@TadThuggish:  
I think them moving may be part of the big news they teased on twitter and the podcast. 
Posted by Swish

Matchmaking isn't broken, it only now finally works for Australians. For some reason the update actually puts us in green connections and it is brillant

Posted by GioVANNI

Put your button layout on tactical.  Crouching with the right analog stick is really, really useful.

Posted by gamermatt8

woah, can't believe they missed it but after they played on favela before they left the lobby Salvage was shown as the next map to play, so i guess they throw it in with the other maps right away, unlike what they did on WaW.

Posted by jmrwacko
@Olivaw said:
" I would really like to play Modern Warfare 2 someday.  Once they stop asking SIXTY FUCKING DOLLARS for the PC version maybe. "
This.
Edited by AndrewB

I'm too old to re-learn aiming with gamepad controls to a level where I can play against other people.

And why do people keep trying to justify the price by saying they're really good maps? I don't think the rational among us are trying to contest that. I only contest the fact that it cost them little to nothing to port over an existing map onto a sequel that uses the same engine. Again, I guess I'm just an old gamer, having been through the Valve era of having a bunch of old Counter-Strike maps rebuilt from the ground up and ported across clearly different engines and released for free. Hell, before Turtle Rock was fully acquired by Valve they built the CS bot, which was, again, released for free in an update. Berate me all you want, but I miss those days.

Posted by ArchScabby

jeez at least when Bungie remade Halo maps they changed the look.  These look exactly the same.

Posted by LiK

$15 not worth it. thanks for the QL.

Posted by Pet_Assassin
@TadThuggish said:
" Wait wait wait.  Did I hear that right, are you guys moving to a new office? "
I know, for my money, the most interesting thing in this QL.
Posted by lolak47

u moving to new office :O ?

Posted by Gregomasta

The vengeance poster has me thinking.

Posted by Fbomb
@warxsnake said:
"  honestly, first quicklook where it felt more like a commercial for the product, desperately trying to justify this map pack's worth.  Compare this pile of shit to the days of ut2k4 where you got 40 (awesome) maps for free.      "
And it probably took half the man total man hours to put all 40 of them together too. Times have changed, move on. Free is no longer an internet business model like it was a few years ago, so if you think paying for maps is bad, I'm pretty sure this is only the beginning.
Posted by misplacedcircus

Any time I see/hear anyone that does commentary while playing competitive games, my heart goes out to them.

Posted by Fei

Jeff.... you sprint WAAAAAY too much. Good watch, though.

Posted by chogi

if you guys are moving, i demand a tour of the new office!!! and i mean all of it, even the developers/tested/comic vine/anime vice area!

Posted by foggel

thank you. good cure for a bad day

Posted by Reverseface

Still deciding wether to get back into MW2 for the new maps.

Posted by AhmadMetallic

I really wanted to love MW2, i really did and still do, but it doesnt let me.. it honestly stinks :(

Posted by defunctdefunctdefunnnnnct

I can't wait to play the new map pack and the best part about it is it includes a couple COD4 maps!!!! You guys are moving to a new office?! I didn't expect that to happen this soon.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy
@Tactical_Kill said:
"

I didn't know they were moving.

"
Does anyone know where they are moving?
Edited by MrKlorox

Sci Fi is next. BF2142 (or maybe PlanetSide) was the forerunner to the upcoming style.

Also it seems like Jeff just wants to destroy things that cannot be destroyed. Too bad there's not a similarly styled game that just got new maps which allows you to destroy everything.

Edited by Yzzerdd

Man that title and pic system has turned into the clan douchebag identification system.
The future of the franchise is getting whored into a hole like Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero.

Posted by warmonked

Why is everyone making the Russians bad guys are again? BECAUSE THEY ARE.

Posted by masterken

i agree with jeff. shooting down air support is the most fun thing to do in MW2

Posted by sho76und3wd

No thank you.

Posted by Clembo

This vid just reminded me how poorly that game is designed.  I might just trade it in.

Posted by Minos
@warmonked:
Actually for Americans every other country is the bad guys
Posted by MeatXbeatsXman

Man, The Hurt Locker made me feel terrible.

Posted by Jedted
@MrKlorox said:
"Sci Fi is next. BF2142 (or maybe PlanetSide) was the forerunner to the upcoming style."

What about a Mass Effect themed FPS?  I know ME is a TPS but it would give people a chance to play as factions other than human. 
Posted by sdornan

Man, the Vengeance movie poster is gold.

Posted by VonSoot

Nice, little expensive for rehashing old maps; but still a great extension to a great game.

Posted by willman2

o my god lemon party aaaaa

Posted by babz

ooooook..... ill get it!

Posted by spaded

wait wait wait, they are moving? 

Posted by Urmean

If it's good enough for Solid Snake, it's good enough for you.

Posted by crusnchill

WHAAAAAAAT!!! Did I hear that right, the Giantbomb office is moving!?

Posted by TripMasterMunky
@crusnchill said:
" WHAAAAAAAT!!! Did I hear that right, the Giantbomb office is moving!? "
It's because they make all that dough off those constant ads man.
  • 178 results