328 Comments
Posted by crusader8463

Sweet! Giant Bomb gets its first serial killer! I cant wait to see how this turns out!

Posted by Skrattybones

huh. what the hell is the video that plays on gknova.com? Is that anything?
Posted by iToastage_FM

well no other news outlet has had this, the twitters are not abuzz, so this is probably GB specific, I guess 

Posted by pbhawks45

GJNOVA3.COM?

Posted by Skrattybones

So, according to google cache the website gknova.com was first cached on 27 Feb 2010 20:55:21 GMT , and hasn't changed.
Posted by Masonvd

First letters of all words in the Readme spell Cipher. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Edited by Creamypies

"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."

That's a quote from Julius Caesar.

Posted by Vinny
@Darktoad450 said:

" First letters of all words in the Readme spell Cipher. Does that mean anything to anyone? "

I'm thinking maybe you have to run 
gknova or gjnova through that cipher somehow. 6 letters 6 cipher words. maybe the 3 is the third game in the series? Something 3?
Staff
Posted by alternate
@iToastage_FM said:

" well no other news outlet has had this, the twitters are not abuzz, so this is probably GB specific, I guess  "

http://www.gamezone.com/news/04_05_10_01_59PM.htm 

This site says it was postmarked Maryland so Bethesda/Fallout seems like a good guess.
Posted by Skrattybones
@Darktoad450: 

Only that we added it to the Caesar quote and ran the string of crap we came up with through a caesarian shift cipher.
Posted by taemun

$ wget -S http://gknova.com/  
Last-Modified: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:23:39 GMT  

I don't think thats the website we want. 

As far as I can tell, gjnova3.com doesn't exist (isn't registered).  

Posted by Masonvd
@Vinny: Have you tried looking anagrams of the words in the read me's? 

I don't know what a chiper is myself, I just noticed that the words spelled it.
Posted by Skrattybones

Yeah, I dunno though. That website video is ridiculous. And there are cubes! Cuuubes.
Posted by Daryl

Hey this isn't a video. 

Posted by dhuff

The prominence of the cube in the video on  http://gknova.com/ makes me think this is Portal 2. 

Posted by buzz_killington

New Assassin's Creed????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted by guts450

I don't know jack about web code but somebody should go through it on the gknova site to see if they can find anything interesting

Edited by Anthal

I also got www.gjnova3.com (doesn't exist). Assuming the 3 is telling us to move each char over by 3, and can safely be removed, you get gjnova.com. That does not exist, either.  The domains aren't even registered.

The first 3 letters also translate to jla - Command and Conquer?

Posted by Skrattybones

I checked the source, guts. There isn't anything interesting as far as I can tell. It's really barebones. There's literally just enough done to host that flash animation.
Posted by Masonvd

"Solution for any problem" 

Portal 2 stuff maybe? 

The website seems to be in Engrish too. 

Maybe it's some new Russian game? Metro 2034?

Posted by EasyPeasey

z to w ceasarian shit gave me: JLAWWWGKNOVA3COM. so Justice league game?

Posted by aurahack

No clue, but Cipher reminds me of Ace Combat for whatever reason. So new Ace Combat plz.

Posted by Mr_E_Mann

It looks like the URL you want is http://www.gknova6.com/

Posted by Skrattybones

Yeah, the JLA threw me off when I did it too. Justice League is where my head went.
Posted by guts450
@Skrattybones:  yeah i just browsed through it too, nothing jumped out, though after watching the video again it looks like text cycles in the intro part, any way of reading that?
Posted by dhuff
Posted by alternate

I don't think it is gknova - that domain is registered with bluehost, not typical of a big business or PR firm.

I bet whoever owns gknova is going to have a heart attack when he sees his traffic spike inexplicably :D

Posted by lockwoodx
@Skrattybones said:
" @Darktoad450:  Only that we added it to the Caesar quote and ran the string of crap we came up with through a caesarian shift cipher. "
The Caesar quote has me thinking Fallout3 New Vegas. The main bad guys built their base out of Caesar's Palace and run a slave trade. Could be a distress signal of some sort.
Posted by Skrattybones

Why is GameZone saying their envelope came from Maryland? Where did the GiantBomb one come from?
Posted by pbhawks45
@dhuff: WE GOT EM!!!
Edited by Flaime
@Mr_E_Mann said:

" It looks like the URL you want is http://www.gknova6.com/ "

Yup, that's the stuff. ( http://www.gknova6.com)
Posted by twentyTWO

Cryptography

Isotope

Philanthropy

Hydrogen

Ember

Rebirth  

First letters of each of the words spells CIPHER. 

Posted by Jeffk38uk

Clearly this is for the upcoming announcement of Deadly Premonitions 2.

Posted by pbhawks45
@twentyTWO: HOLY SHIT DOOD I DIDN'T SEE THAT.
Posted by wordfalling
@dhuff: huh, the flash file on that site is called "station.swf"
Posted by dhuff
Posted by aurahack

So, it links to gknova6.com, of which there is a tiny computer with a voice that reads " N O V A ", then another voice that reads "S I X" until it loops back to the first voice. 

I'm starting to think a new Rainbow Six?

Posted by sorryawkward

is this the computer that is running New Vegas or something?

Posted by the_dudefather

letters on website:

novas
ixnov
asixn
ovasi
xnova

Posted by Ronin147

I noticed a baseball stadium in that video if that means anyuthing to anyone and there seems to be alot more letters being read off
Edited by EasyPeasey

NOVASIX? and was that nixon?

Posted by Vinny
@Mr_E_Mann:  HA, crap, move the 3 as well! so close! nicely done.
Staff
Posted by taemun
@Mr_E_Mann said:

" It looks like the URL you want is http://www.gknova6.com/ "

DING 

WHOIS: 
 Creation Date: 23-mar-2010     
HTTP: 
  Last-Modified: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 07:36:51 GMT
Posted by Skrattybones

GUYS, DO THE GKNOVa6.com url
Edited by Zoidoid

There may be something to the way the two voices trade off. Also, Hell is Purple.

Posted by guts450

pictures of uranium 238 and 235, that's the bomb material type uranium I believe, I'm a little rusty on my manhattan project

Edited by EasyPeasey
@Zoidoid: yea i heard that too it really threw me off. google search took me to purplehell.com, a site about riddles apparently 
Posted by Anthal

Best I can tell it's: 

mod / movas / ixnov / asixn / ovasi / xnova / sixno / vasix / novas / ixnov / asixn / ovasi / xnova  

Some of those n's may be m's, some of the v's may be d/b's 

Using the same 3 letter crypto is garbage, I think the initial mod is part of the key. 

Before it loops, a voice says "hell is purple" 

Posted by aurahack
@Ronin147: There's also a nuclear atom so that probably doesn't mean much :/ 

Unless it's the return of MLB Slugfest and the players are radioactively super-powered.
Posted by Skrattybones

Does the video mean anything? I think it's a visual representation of.. the acronym?