Posted by Ace829
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Ace829 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Catolf said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Fuck this thread. "
Aww... who's an angry person, you are, your are! *pinches* "
When you make a thread about girl gamers just to get alot of attention, it's just stupid.   "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME! I AM A GIRL WHO PLAYS GAMES! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!1"   It comes off to me as trolling. "
But you trolled this thread yourself dude. You kinda come off as hypocritical if you say that. "
Oh me? Look up. Somebody posted a picture of a girl licking a PSP.     This thread is useless and other good threads are being bumped down because this thread has girl in the title. "
Maybe you shouldn't read these kind of threads if you are always angry?
Posted by Catolf
@CharkeeFarlee said:
" @Catolf: YES ANOTHER GIRL *HIGH FIVES* "
*highfive*

@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Catolf said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Fuck this thread. "
When you make a thread about girl gamers just to get alot of attention, it's just stupid.   "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME! I AM A GIRL WHO PLAYS GAMES! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!1"   It comes off to me as trolling. "

Actually I just asked if there were any other girls cause I was curious. I didn't think it would take off, as I said previously. Stop being angry, everyone is being nice and mature about it, don't mess it up .
Posted by CharkeeFarlee
@Catolf: YES ANOTHER GIRL *HIGH FIVES*
Posted by erinfizz
@AlwaysAngry: Actually, this thread has been a fucking paragon of good manners, semi-mature conversation, and staying somewhat on topic. Quit thread shitting.
Edited by DoctorWelch

Ima give a guess that in the history of GB only 25 girls have ever posted in the forums lol. 

Edit: Wait...whats a Girl?

Posted by AlwaysAngry
@Ace829 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Catolf said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Fuck this thread. "
But you trolled this thread yourself dude. You kinda come off as hypocritical if you say that. "
Oh me? Look up. Somebody posted a picture of a girl licking a PSP.  

This thread is useless and other good threads are being bumped down because this thread has girl in the title.
Posted by Ace829
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Catolf said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Fuck this thread. "
But you trolled this thread yourself dude. You kinda come off as hypocritical if you say that.
Posted by AlwaysAngry
@Catolf said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Fuck this thread. "
When you make a thread about girl gamers just to get alot of attention, it's just stupid. 

"HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME! I AM A GIRL WHO PLAYS GAMES! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!1" 

It comes off to me as trolling.
Posted by Catolf
@AlwaysAngry said:
" Fuck this thread. "
Aww... who's an angry person, you are, your are! *pinches*
Posted by Catolf
@endaround said:
" @Catolf said:
" @endaround said:
" I'm not sure if I was female I could take going to many video game sites, notably comments or forums.  The just blatant misogyny on display sickens me and it doesn't even go to who I am.  Kotaku I'm looking at you right now egged on with some near trollish level posts recently.  So laying low I can easily understand. "
Is Kotaku that bad? "
Yes and no.  Again the site isn't but the comments can easily be.  And sometimes I swear they set up posts to troll (Thank the Gawker media pay per view model!)  Recently there was a post that was dealing with Gears of War fiction and how women in the universe are set up as baby machines.  Now writing a post on the topic qusetioning that had to be seen as troll bait.  And hey it worked!  Again you'll often get the "She's hot, I wanna DO HER!" posts everywhere that sexually awkward males (ages 15-22 especially) make to show dominance but you also get a more sinister undercurrent flowing around as well. "
Ah I see. You usally get those types in just about every thread, I find Sankaku Complex REALLY bad.. but when you look at it, you can't exactly be surprised. I do like the site though.
Posted by AlwaysAngry

Fuck this thread.

Posted by RichardLOlson

*Shouts*....oh wait, what are we shouting about again.

Posted by endaround
@Catolf said:
" @endaround said:
" I'm not sure if I was female I could take going to many video game sites, notably comments or forums.  The just blatant misogyny on display sickens me and it doesn't even go to who I am.  Kotaku I'm looking at you right now egged on with some near trollish level posts recently.  So laying low I can easily understand. "
Is Kotaku that bad? "
Yes and no.  Again the site isn't but the comments can easily be.  And sometimes I swear they set up posts to troll (Thank the Gawker media pay per view model!)  Recently there was a post that was dealing with Gears of War fiction and how women in the universe are set up as baby machines.  Now writing a post on the topic qusetioning that had to be seen as troll bait.  And hey it worked! 

Again you'll often get the "She's hot, I wanna DO HER!" posts everywhere that sexually awkward males (ages 15-22 especially) make to show dominance but you also get a more sinister undercurrent flowing around as well.
Posted by nukesniper

My gf uses this site occasionally and is familiar with the goings on, but only because I watch the stuff here often. She doesn't use the forums though, just watches the dumber videos (Mailbags and such, where the magic happens)

Posted by Catolf
@endaround said:
Is Kotaku that bad?
Posted by endaround

I'm not sure if I was female I could take going to many video game sites, notably comments or forums.  The just blatant misogyny on display sickens me and it doesn't even go to who I am.  Kotaku I'm looking at you right now egged on with some near trollish level posts recently.  So laying low I can easily understand.

Posted by Catolf
@JasonDaPsycho said:
" No wonder why a-holes on television call male gamers sexists.

I never understood the problem with having a girl beat you on video games. As long as they're not making a big deal out of it then it's fine for me.
I don't mind having a girlfriend who has higher gamerscore than I do. I just treat them equally 

@Catolf:  But then you have to understand there is quite a number of players who are nerds out there, and are afraid of making friends of the opposite sex. After all, even in university, they spend time on video games more than hanging out with someone (ever watched Beauty and the Geek? Sh-- is f---ing hilarious). "
Oh man, Beauty and the geek is great.
I do understand that there are a lot of players afraid of making friends, it's THOSE ones that I don't have any issues with. They are usually sweet and generally nice and we get along well. It's the ones that come on strong, in your face that I got the issues with. Cause they feel they are the best and so on and so forth, if you even get close to beating them in anything it turns into a big drama. le sigh.

@Khantael said:
" I'm a girl. -waves-  Does seem to be mostly guys here though! Wonder if that's true of most gaming sites that there's so many guys to girls in general or if it's a Giant Bomb specific thing. I think guys often do outnumber girls on game sites, but not sure if it's as drastic as it seems to be here!  Still, maybe us girls are just good at laying low, lol. "

OHAI
I was told there is a lot of girls registered on the site (maybe watching the videos and stuff but don't comment on the forums) so many they are just laying low I figure.
Posted by Khantael

I'm a girl. -waves-

Does seem to be mostly guys here though! Wonder if that's true of most gaming sites that there's so many guys to girls in general or if it's a Giant Bomb specific thing. I think guys often do outnumber girls on game sites, but not sure if it's as drastic as it seems to be here!

Still, maybe us girls are just good at laying low, lol.

Posted by JasonDaPsycho

No wonder why a-holes on television call male gamers sexists.

I never understood the problem with having a girl beat you on video games. As long as they're not making a big deal out of it then it's fine for me.
I don't mind having a girlfriend who has higher gamerscore than I do. I just treat them equally 

@Catolf:  But then you have to understand there is quite a number of players who are nerds out there, and are afraid of making friends of the opposite sex. After all, even in university, they spend time on video games more than hanging out with someone (ever watched Beauty and the Geek? Sh-- is f---ing hilarious).

Posted by Catolf
@Jeffsekai said:
" 4k views get hype!!! "
I'm sure this will fizzle and poof soon.

@thecleric said:
" Waht's the point? Should I ask 'WHERE MY FELLOW BRUNETTE GAMERS AT?.' It's just part of who you are, don't know why it should matter. "

I wasn't try to say it mattered, i was just curious, tired, and it was late, I didn't even think anyone would pay attention to this blog.
Posted by Catolf
@JokerSmilez said:
" I think what drives a lot of girls away from the gaming culture is the response they get from "gamers", in that when the typical gamers find out that a intelligent and attractive girl is also a gamer (or the gamer on the other end of the internet connection is a girl), they immediately assume that the girl is perfect and amazing and they just want to be friends/date this girl so bad.  I have a few female friends (one of whom I've been dating for almost a year) with varying types of games, from lots of DS and older Nintendo stuff, to being a huge Final Fantasy fan, to playing Left 4 Dead and Halo, that all have similar stories of going into a Gamestop or comic book store and immediately most of the guys there react in one of a few ways. Stare at them creepily, hit on them, or just get really quiet and uncomfortable and intimidated.  If a girl plays games, that doesn't mean they want you to treat them any differently than you would anyone else who plays games. And don't assume you'd make a good couple just because you both plays games. At least the girls I know hate that (one of them refuses to date a guy if he plays games for that very reason). "
This.

I don't like that. As soon as you mention games those reactions happen, it just makes you uncomfortable and you wonder why you even said anything. It just makes you wary of male gamers. The only ones I've found don't do that is a EB employee. Which is nice.. Thus I don't really like dating guys who are into games. it dissolves into one of those reactions or it just get's HORRIBLY competetive and any time you do something in game they gotta do the same and knock you down for it. it's annoying.

My sister's boyfriend is like that, anytime she get's an achievement he dosen't have he goes and get's it cause she is not allowed but be above him and bashes her about it. (He actually get's pissed) She hates it too, Don't know why she deals with it.
Posted by JackiJinx
@LordAndrew said:
" Most of the time we don't even notice. You're a girl? When did that happen? "
23 years, 1 month, and 26 days ago. And I mean, come on. Look at the way I spell my name, dude. What dude spells Jacki without an e?
Posted by Jeffsekai

4k views get hype!!!

Posted by LordAndrew
@JackiJinx said:
" Being a female on a gaming site is like being an animal in the zoo, but only when threads like these come up.  "
Most of the time we don't even notice. You're a girl? When did that happen?
Edited by thecleric

Waht's the point? Should I ask 'WHERE MY FELLOW BRUNETTE GAMERS AT?.' It's just part of who you are, don't know why it should matter.

Posted by Ariketh
@EternalInfinity0 said:

" @Ariketh: Wow, I've never thought of it that way. I'll never be able to look at Squirtle the same way again. "

Posted by OllyOxenFree

*Thread made 2 days ago*
*Has over 200 posts*

Goddammit...

Posted by IzzyGraze
@mnzy said:

" @IzzyGraze said:

" Also, isn't one of the top Quake players a lady?"
Who is that supposed to be? "
I'm not sure if she was the exact one I was thinking of but: 
Kornelia Takacs
Posted by JokerSmilez

I think what drives a lot of girls away from the gaming culture is the response they get from "gamers", in that when the typical gamers find out that a intelligent and attractive girl is also a gamer (or the gamer on the other end of the internet connection is a girl), they immediately assume that the girl is perfect and amazing and they just want to be friends/date this girl so bad.

I have a few female friends (one of whom I've been dating for almost a year) with varying types of games, from lots of DS and older Nintendo stuff, to being a huge Final Fantasy fan, to playing Left 4 Dead and Halo, that all have similar stories of going into a Gamestop or comic book store and immediately most of the guys there react in one of a few ways. Stare at them creepily, hit on them, or just get really quiet and uncomfortable and intimidated.

If a girl plays games, that doesn't mean they want you to treat them any differently than you would anyone else who plays games. And don't assume you'd make a good couple just because you both plays games. At least the girls I know hate that (one of them refuses to date a guy if he plays games for that very reason).

Posted by EternalInfinity0
@Ariketh: Wow, I've never thought of it that way. I'll never be able to look at Squirtle the same way again.
Posted by AjayRaz
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Ugh, something about this thread is filling me with rage.  Not quite sure what, though. "
ditto >.> 
Posted by Manatassi
@ThePhenomenal1 said:
" maybe you girls need to try and get other girls into this kind of shit, so that these kind of topics and conversations don't even need to happen. why can't men and women talk about video games together? more importantly, why can't women talk to  ME about video games? i would that to happen. i also have access to a hottub to talk to women about video games in if any of them would like to do so. "
See you answered your own question there. Why cant women talk to you about video games?   I will give you a small clue... 

HOT TUB 

:)
Posted by KaosAngel
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Ugh, something about this thread is filling me with rage.  Not quite sure what, though. "
Just say it, it's all on our minds...that same rage we feel when some kid is bored and single, and wants to be heard...and comes on random forums, and tries to be nice online, thinking his plan is working...etc.  So many creepers online, I wish women weren't treated like this in the gaming community.  I know so many cool gamer girl friends, some I've dated in Japan, who are just scared to talk about games due to the otakus. 
Posted by FluxWaveZ

Ugh, something about this thread is filling me with rage.  Not quite sure what, though.

Posted by KaosAngel
@ThePhenomenal1: I just talk to random girls and say hi...and then ask them if they are interested in video games.  Social interactions go a long way...plus once girls realize you might not want to just go into their pants, they open up much quicker.  I see so many nerdy guys try to talk to girls and feel sorry for the girl, rather than the poor kid. 
Posted by ThePhenomenal1

maybe you girls need to try and get other girls into this kind of shit, so that these kind of topics and conversations don't even need to happen. why can't men and women talk about video games together? more importantly, why can't women talk to  ME about video games? i would that to happen. i also have access to a hottub to talk to women about video games in if any of them would like to do so.

Posted by Hot_Karl
@KaosAngel said:
" Who the hell cares?   It's the internet, doesn't matter if you're a skirt or dude, or skirt who is really a dude.  Just don't be a douche here and it's all the same.  "
Yup, that's it. That should be life as well. Girls that play online, that we work with together, that we study with together, whatever. I don't care if you're different than me, as long as you're hard working, affable, and not a complete asshole, you'll have my respect. And my axe.
Posted by KaosAngel

Who the hell cares? 

It's the internet, doesn't matter if you're a skirt or dude, or skirt who is really a dude.  Just don't be a douche here and it's all the same. 

Posted by Catolf
@lhwll:  It's a good thing to know!
Posted by IzzyGraze

I think it's usually the competitive aspect of gaming that puts girls off. Because I know plenty of women who like video games or have a couple of games that they play regularly, but they're games like The Sims or World of warcraft.

However, there are plenty of women that play multiplayer fps'. On the Baron's pub servers on TF2 there are a couple of regular female players who can dish it out pretty harshly. Also, isn't one of the top Quake players a lady?

And yeah, just because a gal plays video games, doesn't mean you two will be a great match. Or at least in my experience.

Posted by Guided_By_Tigers
Posted by Meltbrain

I like girls.

Posted by lhwll

"i heard girls like make-up. can you confirm this?" that comment made me laugh. but yeahh im a girl! you're not the only one out there :D

Posted by Catolf
@organicalistic_:  kinda sad.

@Linkyshinks:  well thats good. nice to see boyfriends getting girlfriends involved.

@LethalKi11ler:  yey
Posted by OmegaPirate

My other half reads a lot of the funny shit i show her and listens to the bombcast / watches quick looks if that counts- i also have girly hair

Posted by LethalKi11ler

My girlfriend is on the website

Posted by Meowayne

I will now remedy the idiocy of this thread by posting a picture of a smirking Morgan Freeman with a cat on his head.

Posted by Organicalistic_

100/ 22,000 giantbombers are girls

Posted by Catolf
@swamplord666 said:
" @Catolf: No doubt there are girls out there that would be able to embarrass me at how much they own me in a multiplayer game like your sister! I know I haven't met one yet in my surroundings.  And for the one of us, badly chosen words but you get what I mean ;) I bet that that all girls games team (forgot their name) are well respected amongst that community because they're good and they are on par with most guys. A bit like a friend of my sisters who went volunteering in Kenya and gained the respect of the men for more than just a woman because she was able to drink more heavily than them. "
OH i know the team your talking about, i watched an MTV thing (true life: I'm a gamer) cause I was bored one day and saw them, man they can kick some serious ass. 

@Astras said:
" Women who play computer games just doesn't do it for me.... I'm glad that my missus would prefer washing up to playing a computer game! "
Why not? I figure it would be fun to have your wife/ girlfriend playing with you. I'm pretty sure washing up dosen't take a long time XP

@MightyMayorMike said:
"  Who let all these girls into the Giant Bomb treehouse? D:  I look forward to the day when gaming enjoys an equal spread of guys and gals. I've been lucky enough to date women who share this geeky pass time and it's awesome. "

I figure one day that will happen.. but it make take a few generations. XD
Posted by Catolf
@luce said:

" I got another question for you girls out there..

"
That. Is great.