190 Comments
  • 190 results
Edited by CrazyContrero

@jodski: appreciate the links jodski!

Edited by Catlicker

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!

Posted by MrBubbles

i'm excited i ordered the complete twin peaks series on dvd i can't wait to get it to see the similarities between this game and the show.

Posted by alexlionisnumber1

damn becky .....

Posted by Bubbly

IMO this is probably the best BR episode so far. Story is picking up, Brad and Ryan are enjoying the game, and Brad is doing way better in combat. Hope he sticks with the machine gun until he gets a better gun.

Posted by Talon64

LOL at Anna's HURRRRRRRR face. The game's too budget to make her look as pretty as she's supposed to be.

Posted by TaylorPollock

Anna is so beautiful.  Gah!  
What is wrong with her facial model's chin?  
She looks like Franken-Anna.  She's no Sherilyn Fenn, that's for sure.
Being a geist has not prettied her up any either.  
"Ugly Premonition" is more like it.
What suffering this is causing so many.

Posted by Stooch

FECK, George! 

God dammit..

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

Are you fucking kidding me George? Great ER episode.

Posted by PediatricUrology

*Loss of the life of someone's daughter and sister and friend by garrotting*
"Welp, he sure got us good!"

York's such an asshole.

Posted by Rhaknar

fuck you george, and this ep was awesome... BR actually sounded like they were enjoying themselves too :P

Posted by madmax_thegamer

Everyone who likes this game tried to say that it takes a while to get rolling and no one listened. Well it just got rolling!
Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite

All I can say is, Fuck George!!

Posted by MannAlive

Points!  Keep those point notifications turned on.  What's a game without points?

Posted by The8Man
@ashogo said:
" @The8Man said:
" "What a hell...  Even Becky has been killed."  My reaction to that scene was almost exactly the same as Brad and Ryan's."
I don't get it, what is wrong with this statement? He's not saying "What the Hell", he's saying "this is such a hellish place". "

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it as well.  It was just a weird way of wording it.  Sounds like a poor translation choice.  Especially the "even Becky has been killed" part, when she's only the second victim. 
Posted by pegasuswinks

The way this game's mood swings reminds me of Persona 4 a bit because you can totally just be strolling around having lunch or a big ass Aiya beef bowl then 5 minutes later BAM some guy's upside down or strung up dead as a doorknob. The ER just got to a whole new level of intense.

Posted by JP_Russell

Fuckin' George.

BR is going to get so much more tolerable during combat sequences now that Brad is using the SMG.  I'm very happy about that.

Posted by kagekage

This is actually starting to get a little tense in some situations.

Posted by moji22
@RipTheVeins: 

Hm, that kind of sounded like Issach and Isiah, didn't it, Zach? Excellent theory. Can't wait for the next (next) episode!
Posted by Th3_James

I really love watching the ER.

Posted by RICOCHET_V1
@Sharpshooter: Wow, I think your right. Mind-blown.
Posted by Sharpshooter

I hope I'm not the only one who's realised that the upside down peace sign is actually same shape as the saplings that the tree dude was handing out or am i just stating the obvious like a muppet?
Posted by ScottishGamer
@Axersia: How did you get the next video?
Posted by ch3burashka
@Axersia: Thanks, Gary Powell.

Now that I think about it, not a perfect analogy, but it'll do.
Posted by bybeach

Wow. 

And yeah, George ain't no ones fool, he knows not to listen....
Posted by Bongos

I can't take it seriously with York's heart filled tie in the cut scenes but it adds a hilarity factor to them though.

Posted by DragonofFate

Damn it, George.

There are no words to describe my rage.

Posted by FLStyle

Best episode yet! The developers really pulled it out of the hat with this chapter.

Posted by Mordi

That was pretty intense, for real actually. Good job DP developers.

Posted by JeanLuc
@Axersia: Thank you very much. But, how?
Edited by UsbCable
@Axersia: Why thank you sir.   :)
Posted by supercubedude
@Axersia: Contraband ER!
Edited by RipTheVeins
Posted by Axersia

Posted by EnduranceFun

Wow, tense episode.

Posted by JauntyHat

The Plot Thickens!

Posted by dibiase77

That was some genuinely disturbing shit back there.

Posted by Deusoma
@Princess_Isabela: 
Fair enough, it wasn't very cool of me to write off the developer because of one game. And I will admit that this looks a lot better than I was expecting out of a $20 game in this day and age, the story actually looks pretty good.
Edited by Princess_Isabela
@Deusoma said:

" @Princess_Isabela: 
You're kidding, right? You are not literally saying that you believe the fact that this game is not an AAA title is a good thing?   I don't mean to be a dick, really, but be reasonable; you have to admit, for example, that if Access Games had the same budget for Deadly Premonition that Bungie Studios had for Halo 3, Deadly Premonition would be vastly improved. The idea that being big in the industry hurts a title is silly. "

Had Access Games operate with bigger budget at hand, it would have made it more refined and polished, sure. 
But if you'd give this project to anyone else(any big studio with unlimited funds), this wouldn't be the game it is.
Just don't say Access Games aren't capable developers, that's just ignorance. 
Given sales of this game, I'd say we should expect more goodness from them(with higher production values). 
I have right now Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2, God of War 3 still to finish, yet I'm still hooked on Deadly Premonition(going through the side quests), because it's genuinely captivating(tons of things to do) and has one of the best stories/memorable cast in Video Games we've seen in a long time.
Posted by carlthenimrod

What a hell...

Posted by ch3burashka

Shit has just got real. It's amazing how this game varies in attitude - one moment you're having happy fun times at the diner, then there's a brutal FUCKING murder happening on a Saw level the next.

Posted by Deusoma
@Princess_Isabela: 
You're kidding, right? You are not literally saying that you believe the fact that this game is not an AAA title is a good thing? 

I don't mean to be a dick, really, but be reasonable; you have to admit, for example, that if Access Games had the same budget for Deadly Premonition that Bungie Studios had for Halo 3, Deadly Premonition would be vastly improved. The idea that being big in the industry hurts a title is silly.
Posted by sparkster82

Thomas is the killer i'm sure of it...

Edited by Princess_Isabela
@Deusoma said:

" @Princess_Isabela said:

" glad to see people converted and starting to see DP's true colors ^^ "

I've been seeing its true colours as a sub-par game since the first episode, but I will admit that I found myself wondering during this episode what the game would be like if it had been developed by competent designers. It's actually a shame that a genuinely good story like this one got stuck in a game with awful voice acting and crappy gameplay. "
I'm glad it was developed by access games - people who were genuinely putting their souls in it, all those triple AAA titles(with millions behind it) are so similar. 
here we have something totally unique, unlike anything out there with its own charm. 
voice acting is actually more competent than multi million productions(hi heavy rain!).
and gameplay is solid, but you didn't play it so I leave it at that. 
and people who will actually finish it/ see endurance run will fondly remember it, unlike "triple AAA" titles with forgettable story and characters.
success!
Edited by the_korben
@Deusoma: You know, it might sound kind of stupid, but maybe it is sometimes a good thing that we don't get every story delivered in a triple-A, rewarding-all-the-time, super overproduced fashion. Of course, if you pay for the experience you want the best kind of experience, and I understand that. But maybe our artificial experiences have become too artificial and perfect (every single time) lately ... bla. 

Oh, and to add one more thing: the voice acting in this game is well above average. York, especially, has a very good voice that almost never seems to over- or underact. What utterly destroys that, though, is the awful lip synching, which is probably hand tailored for the japanese version.
Posted by HatKing

You know what?  If this game had better combat and graphics it would be a really good game.
Posted by Sanryd

'DA FUCK GEORGE? YOU GOD DAMN ASSHAT!

Posted by CharAznable
@Swaboo said:
" The background picture of the end of chapter screen was epic. "
That was the best part of the episode for me. Thomas hurling, way to end the chapter in style.
  • 190 results